Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kuai
May 25, 2004
So what parser should I be using? I never really bothered with one this whole time but since switching to SMN and always forgetting to use shadow flare my friend told me his parser has cooldown timers for abilities .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

ACT is basically the only parser.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Vahalla posted:

Is that 11.25 hours how many real hours of gathering you're figuring it'll take to cap red scrip as a gatherer every week? Cause that's what my rough math came out to as well.

No, scrips are extremely easy to get. I fished for two and a half Eorzean evenings (cut short one of them cause a jerk fish snapped my only steel bladed jig) for Thunderbolt Eel (10PM to 3AM) and ended up with 200 red scrips. Granted one of the evenings was Thunder weather but still, very easy, don't have to worry about chasing down nodes or even move, huge window to do it in etc.

I'm just talking about the actual Favours themselves. 5 for 50 scrips so 45 Favours a week. Each one lasts 15 minutes. That's a lot of gathering of materials that are guaranteed to plummet in value because you have to empty out the regular nodes to spawn the concealed nodes.

If anyone has a gatherer at 60, doing a couple of Favours a week will probably be a pretty good income stream. I really don't think there's much room for people to max out their Favours every week unless they are really into gathering.

Holidae
Feb 25, 2011

Shove 'em up there again, Dennehy! This time I'll try to just solve the reds!
Someone explain me a thing. Why in the hell do Alexander 2 groups insist on tanking everything dead center of the room? With the way everyone spread out, someone is going to eat a bomb. Why would you not pick a side and stay there? The bombs spawn on players anyway.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

The problem is it's a DPS loss. You average more than 220 potency per GCD at 60 with every combo except Rage of Halone. I have enough TP problems that I don't have the room for fracture anyways on PLD.

Even without any skill speed, you're probably going to be clipping the last tick of Goring Blade, so by NOT clipping it you can effectively consider whatever you use as filler to have 40 more potency, so Fracture becomes 260. If your GCD is below 2.33, you'll definitely be clipping it without a filler. I sit at 2.42 with my current gear, and I go down to 2.35 with Selene's buff.

That said, yes, it's obviously a massive TP drain.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Holidae posted:

Someone explain me a thing. Why in the hell do Alexander 2 groups insist on tanking everything dead center of the room? With the way everyone spread out, someone is going to eat a bomb. Why would you not pick a side and stay there? The bombs spawn on players anyway.

A2 is easy, I was pulling the bomb on top of the healers last night. A side note the healers were in my fc and we were on ts together.

Holidae
Feb 25, 2011

Shove 'em up there again, Dennehy! This time I'll try to just solve the reds!

Tenzarin posted:

A2 is easy, I was pulling the bomb on top of the healers last night. A side note the healers were in my fc and we were on ts together.

Oh it's not a difficulty thing. It's just that it strikes me as dumb as hell. And I assume that getting hit by a bomb is an instant kill in Savage.

Sarrisan
Oct 9, 2012

GreatRedSpirit posted:

For WHM / Healing PVP one important skill to learn is when you don't heal. If some DRG jumps into the middle of another party's blob don't go running out trying to save him because a) you won't and he'll die and b) then they might come after you and you'll die. Stick with your group. Regen and Cure don't do enough if somebody is trying to kill somebody in your party, stick to Cure 2. Stoneskin prevents your casts from being interrupted when taking damage like Surecast and one of your PVP skills so try to keep it up on yourself when you find a second. Also make sure you equip and see what your PVP skills do. I like to improve the "remove any bad status" one first and use it when I get slept because as you found out sleep is great to use on healers! Some will try to sleep you twice in a row to get you to eat your Purify use, so keep that in mind.

(This is all from lv50 WHM PVP healing so take everything I say with a grain of salt. I haven't done new PVP yet)

Also the real prize (esoteric tomes) is just for participation so if your party sucks or goes everywhere without direction turn on netflix, follow somebody, and casually heal them and dying while watching some show is all you need to do.

Nice tip on stoneskin. Thanks for the advice, I'm gonna have to try and remember what all the pvp skills do.

I'm mostly in it for the tomes, but I figure I may as well try to have fun as well. tbh with 72 people involved I'm not sure how much I'm gonna do as far as winning. Just had a game where me and the flames fought the treebirds constantly while the mealstrom just chilled on the other side of the map, reaping all the points for no effort (Mealstrom won that match).

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Kuvo posted:

Has yoship said anything about the zodiac weapons yet? Why do I have the feeling that the day after i buy an esoteric weapon he guna Kramer in and tell me they're getting upgraded to i230 in 3.1

If I'm reading this right. The old relics will not be getting upgraded. A whole new relic chain will start. It would dick over the new jobs to not do it this way and new players.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

It looks like the esoteric weapon will probably be the base of the new one or something, same model at least.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
The Esoteric weapon is the equivalent to the Soldiery or Poetics weapons, so it won't be involved in the Relic quest at all.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
This weapon that has the same exact model as the relic weapons won't be involved with the Relic line at all, I know this because I know how the Square Enix development team plans to handle Heavensward content.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Sarrisan posted:

Nice tip on stoneskin. Thanks for the advice, I'm gonna have to try and remember what all the pvp skills do.

I'm mostly in it for the tomes, but I figure I may as well try to have fun as well. tbh with 72 people involved I'm not sure how much I'm gonna do as far as winning. Just had a game where me and the flames fought the treebirds constantly while the mealstrom just chilled on the other side of the map, reaping all the points for no effort (Mealstrom won that match).

I forgot some stuff, here's some more tips that maybe helpful:

- Fluid Aura and other knockback attacks can wreck somebody if they're on an edge of a cliff. Make them fall, take massive falling damage, and if they had a DoT on them like Aero they'll die from the DoT tick after hitting the ground. Alternatively, you can do it to get a melee DPS away from you. Fluid Aura also has a bind for a few seconds or until they're hit so knocking them back and getting away / buffing up is possible.

- Holy can stun! A well placed aoe stun can help your party out in various ways... or they already have max stun resist from other dps and now you're up close and just blew your swiftcast...

- To be clear, regen isn't viable if who you're healing is being targeted. Opening with Media 2 when approaching a fight is totally viable, or regen'ing yourself when you're being targeted and don't have any way to cast besides instant casts. It might give an extra second for your party to help you out (or you can use it with the PVP skill where you turtle up to hold up whoever is trying to kill you for a few seconds longer).

- Look into using vitality right-side gear. The mind bonus from the healer gear won't be a big help compared to having your HP skyrocket and making you more durable. Getting slept->cometeor (a pvp BLM favorite) and surviving can help a lot. Try to find a good mix that works for you. Since PVP is synced to ilv150 you should be fine with whatever you win via greed rolls in EXDR and not spending law tomes or anything for vit gear.

(Or it might be best to stick with healing right side, not sure how it'll all come down in pvp @ lv60)

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Eej posted:

The Esoteric weapon is the equivalent to the Soldiery or Poetics weapons, so it won't be involved in the Relic quest at all.

Yeah there's just no way in hell they'd do relic step 1: get tomes, step 2: upgrade as it would just be a COMPLETELY untenably bonkers subversion of the 2.0 relic, step 1: get weapon step 2: upgrade with tomes. This is just absolutely irreconcilable and besides, my uncle that works at Square Enix said told me that's how it's going to work.

Willias
Sep 3, 2008

Doublestep posted:

This weapon that has the same exact model as the relic weapons won't be involved with the Relic line at all, I know this because I know how the Square Enix development team plans to handle Heavensward content.

Wait, why do you think that the esoterics weapons have the exact same model as the relics?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
First you have to get your 2.0 relic because they wont want you to miss any content in this story based mmo.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Tenzarin posted:

First you have to get your 2.0 relic because they wont want you to miss any content in this story based mmo.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Willias posted:

Wait, why do you think that the esoterics weapons have the exact same model as the relics?

They're the same model shown off in the trailers for the AF2 gear, just all a weird color.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Tenzarin posted:

First you have to get your 2.0 relic zeta because they wont want you to miss any content in this story based mmo.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I just don't understand why they would release a completely unrelated weapon with the same model as the new relics. Which is why I think it'll replace the "bring me a crafted weapon" step of the new chain.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I just don't understand why they would release a completely unrelated weapon with the same model as the new relics. Which is why I think it'll replace the "bring me a crafted weapon" step of the new chain.

Another way to gently caress crafting this xpac

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Willias posted:

the videos they've posted of people in full AF2 with reskins of the current esoterics weapons

saying that they're equivalents of soldiery/poetics weapons doesnt make sense because they don't require raid items to get, they're straight tomestones.

just like zenith upgrades.

You need a savage item to push them up to 210 but I'm willing to bet that the relic line will accept them as antiquated or upgraded and just pop you to 210 because they're being added in 3.1 and thats normally when they nerf upgrade items anyway

Doublestep fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Jul 24, 2015

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Ibram Gaunt posted:

They're the same model shown off in the trailers for the AF2 gear, just all a weird color.

Or the relic weapon models literally aren't done yet and the Esoterics weapons are just the Esoterics weapons? Besides there's no coloration difference between the Esoterics weapons and the weapons shown in the trailers.

This is a seriously byzantine set of conclusions to draw.

Willias
Sep 3, 2008

Ibram Gaunt posted:

If by "a weird color" you mean the exact same color, then we're in agreement.

The weapons shown in all the preview footage are the esoterics weapons. Look again.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I, too am surprised that in the leadup to 3.0, when showcasing he 3.05 gear appearance, they showed the characters wielding 3.05 weapons.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I joke around alot, but I am really enjoying the state of the game and how the gear ladder works. Was well worth it to do that quest wall.

Kuai
May 25, 2004
The relic weapon won't actually be a weapon and instead be a helm that makes your eyes glow according to your job stone :unsmigghh:

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Captain Oblivious posted:

Or the relic weapon models literally aren't done yet and the Esoterics weapons are just the Esoterics weapons? Besides there's no coloration difference between the Esoterics weapons and the weapons shown in the trailers.

This is a seriously byzantine set of conclusions to draw.

I can't speak for other jobs but the DRK job guy is using the same exact weapon as the esoteric one. And the job NPCs in 2.0 also featured the relic weapon. How on earth is this a hard conclusion to make given the previous information we've been shown in game?

The colorization poo poo I'll concede since It's been a while since I saw the trailer though.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Boten Anna posted:

Yeah there's just no way in hell they'd do relic step 1: get tomes, step 2: upgrade as it would just be a COMPLETELY untenably bonkers subversion of the 2.0 relic, step 1: get weapon step 2: upgrade with tomes. This is just absolutely irreconcilable and besides, my uncle that works at Square Enix said told me that's how it's going to work.

That would lock the Relic weapon questline behind Savage Alex which obviously wouldn't work right now. If Relic was implemented at the same time as the 24 man raid which would ostensibly have a Gobdip as a quest reward then that could work but it would still be different from the ARR relic in that it forces you to do 24 man content (technically you could farm Light in ST/WoD but that was optional). If they did force you to do New 24-Man Raid to progress your Relic weapon then yes, that would be a change from the original quest line.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Kuai posted:

The relic weapon won't actually be a weapon and instead be a helm that makes your eyes glow according to your job stone :unsmigghh:

I loving hate the casters tiara's!!! And dudes wearing jewelry!

Willias
Sep 3, 2008

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I can't speak for other jobs but the DRK job guy is using the same exact weapon as the esoteric one. And the job NPCs in 2.0 also featured the relic weapon. How on earth is this a hard conclusion to make given the previous information we've been shown in game?

The colorization poo poo I'll concede since It's been a while since I saw the trailer though.

In ARR, the relic weapons were already implemented and designed from day one, whereas they haven't been in Heavensward? It's entirely possible that they weren't ready for the preview material, you know.

And I'm pretty sure YoshiP has hinted at the relic weapons having something to do with The Knights of the Round.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Tenzarin posted:

If jewelry buffed me irl I would rock like 10 necklaces and 10 rings and more bracelets than a raver

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Arrgytehpirate posted:

If jewelry buffed me irl I would rock like 10 necklaces and 10 rings and more bracelets than a raver

Ok, The Mandarin.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The job NPCs are wearing relic armor, and have a special job related weapon. It makes perfect sense to assume its the relic is my point. Do you think that they'll "finish' the relic then just retroactively give all the NPCs the new model instead of the one they're using? because that's really dumb.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Kuai posted:

note I would be 100% ok with this, need BLM glowy-eyes outside of the one level 30 cutscene please yoship

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Jul 24, 2015

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Willias posted:

In ARR, the relic weapons were already implemented and designed from day one, whereas they haven't been in Heavensward? It's entirely possible that they weren't ready for the preview material, you know.

And I'm pretty sure YoshiP has hinted at the relic weapons having something to do with The Knights of the Round.

dang you're right, the twelve knights of the round, 9 of which use some variation of sword, a dragoon, and two staff wielders, how could i have been so foolish

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Ibram Gaunt posted:

"Aha the guy wearing Esoterics armor also has an Esoterics weapon therefore surely the relic is the same weapon!"

What.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Tenzarin posted:

The real question is why would you ever play a dude

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Captain Oblivious posted:

"Aha the guy wearing Esoterics armor also has an Esoterics weapon therefore surely the relic is the same weapon!"

What.

Everyone keeps calling the esoterics gear "AF2" the job npcs, which were wearing the relic gear in 2.0, are wearing it in 3.0 Are you seriously telling me that the armor the Job npcs in the 50-60 story are wearing are NOT the relic armor and not related at all? Because that's loving moronic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Everyone keeps calling the esoterics gear "AF2" the job npcs, which were wearing the relic gear in 2.0, are wearing it in 3.0 Are you seriously telling me that the armor the Job npcs in the 50-60 story are wearing are NOT the relic armor and not related at all? Because that's loving moronic.

AF gear and relics have nothing to do with each other hope this helps.

AF gear and relics were relevant gear at the same time. There is no meaningful correlation.

• Locked thread