Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Turra posted:

It's coming Tuesday! Here's the trailer

Ho-ly poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwaint
Oct 22, 2010

"Music is the truth. Just listen..."
Hell yeah! So glad it's coming out at last...

...on my first day back to work. :smith:

Still, here comes the hype!

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Turra posted:

I am incredibly hype

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Turra posted:

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
I don't say w00t in real life
wowowowowow

i wonder how all of that will play out. is Ep4 going to be longer than the others?

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
Seems this episode is going to go full weird as Max plays around more with the time stream.

Didn't think the End of the World party was literal

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

w00tazn posted:

wowowowowow

i wonder how all of that will play out. is Ep4 going to be longer than the others?

That might be why it's taken longer to come out than the other episodes. It looks like a lot of crazy poo poo goes down. That + if you're one to explore every inch of an area for poo poo, it could be a pretty long episode. This is only episode 4 too, the trailer for episode 5 is gonna be bonkers

My Girlfriend's Account
Aug 19, 2004
Does anyone know what time the episodes have released in the past? Do we think this will be a midnight EST release, or a 1pm pacific release?

The episode looks amazing, god drat.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Notable absence of Chloe in the preview trailer. I wonder if that means we're gonna spend the majority of this episode in alt-timeline, or they didn't want to spoil which reality we're in.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
So apparently Warren remembers the basics of CQC? What???

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

PunkBoy posted:

I guess he either ate his wheaties that day or gets shot by Nathan and Max rewinds and coaches him to fight Nathan

Ekusukariba fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Jul 23, 2015

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

PunkBoy posted:

Maybe he's a robot sent back from the future to kill Max Caufield. Would explain the stalking.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

exquisite tea posted:

Notable absence of Chloe in the preview trailer. I wonder if that means we're gonna spend the majority of this episode in alt-timeline, or they didn't want to spoil which reality we're in.

I would find the lack of Chloe to be very refreshing.

e: Her lovely truck is in the trailer, which seems pretty telling that we are in the original timeline. Though that's obviously speculation.

Paul Zuvella fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Jul 23, 2015

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
I actually kind of agree. Chloe is one of the more frustrating characters in the game, even though obviously her story is central to the plot, I generally don't mind when we have scenes without her.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know
That trailer was non-stop dread and I'm starting to think this might end up like the director's cut of The Butterfly Effect. In case you don't know and don't care to have it spoiled: Protagonist keeps making things worse, travels all the way back to the womb and kills himself with his own umbilical cord. Man, writing it down it's a lot dumber than I remembered; hopefully the devs can do better than that. Then again, anything revolving around Max having to sacrifice her life - literally or figuratively - would feel like a cliché, so I have no idea what they can do (beside a happy ending, of course).

Paul Zuvella posted:

I would find the lack of Chloe to be very refreshing.

Talorat posted:

I actually kind of agree.

...you heartless bastards.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Ekusukariba posted:

I guess he either ate his wheaties that day or gets shot by Nathan and Max rewinds and coaches him to fight Nathan

I'm betting it'll turn into Max watching him get shot/punched each step, rewinding, and telling him how to dodge it

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

Rosalind posted:

*goes to a thrift store*

*buys an old polaroid camera*

*cracks it open and dumps the parts out while listening to alt-J*

*intensely studies everything that fell out*

"The signs... hella... portend... EPISODE 4 NEXT WEEK!"

Just want to point out that I was a successful oracle.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

seravid posted:

That trailer was non-stop dread and I'm starting to think this might end up like the director's cut of The Butterfly Effect. In case you don't know and don't care to have it spoiled: Protagonist keeps making things worse, travels all the way back to the womb and kills himself with his own umbilical cord. Man, writing it down it's a lot dumber than I remembered; hopefully the devs can do better than that. Then again, anything revolving around Max having to sacrifice her life - literally or figuratively - would feel like a cliché, so I have no idea what they can do (beside a happy ending, of course).

This whole game so far has me thinking it's the hipster indie game version of it. That movie's better than it sounds BTW for anyone who hasn't watched it.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

The Butterfly Effect is so offensively bad it loops back around to being hilarious, even moreso when you consider this was supposed to be Ashton Kutcher's serious actor turnaround project.

Life is Strange shares a few similarities but I hope Team Dontnod can avoid going full retard with it.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

Turra posted:

Hella hype

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?

PunkBoy posted:

Warren Graham is the deadliest man in Arcadia Bay and a certified pussy destroyer.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

I haven't seen TBE since it came out but I remember loving it (theatrical cut) at the time. Mostly because of Amy Smart :allears:

Junkfist posted:

Warren Graham is the deadliest man in Arcadia Bay and a certified pussy destroyer.

i.e. has run over multiple cats in his new retro-wheels.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

seravid posted:

...you heartless bastards.

I think that Max will use the photo she took at the start of the game to go back and fix things, either by having Chloe get shot or *insert miracle here*

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
The phenomena causing bird disorientation, beached whales and hurricanes will be revealed to be the result of tidal changes caused by a second moon.

...which was pulled into orbit by Warren's cock.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Junkfist posted:

The phenomena causing bird disorientation, beached whales and hurricanes will be revealed to be the result of tidal changes caused by a second moon.

...which was pulled into orbit by Warren's cock.

Majora's Mask tie-in confirmed.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Where's Piccolo when you need him?

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

Exmond posted:

I think that Max will use the photo she took at the start of the game to go back and fix things, either by having Chloe get shot or *insert miracle here*

I want a feel good payoff She caps Nate in the head and her and Chloe get the gently caress out of dodge

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I know nothing good is gonna come out of the Frank/Chloe situation in my game. I tried to shoot Frank, didn't take the money for Chloe's debt, and gave the gun back to Chloe. I think that spells totally hosed.

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?

exquisite tea posted:

I know nothing good is gonna come out of the Frank/Chloe situation in my game. I tried to shoot Frank, didn't take the money for Chloe's debt, and gave the gun back to Chloe. I think that spells totally hosed.

How do you give the gun back to Chloe if you try to shoot Frank? Doesn't she still have it?

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

Honestly I feel like I'm more screwed since Frank has the gun and Chloe has no money, I'm hoping there will be actual consequence for the different setups

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Junkfist posted:

How do you give the gun back to Chloe if you try to shoot Frank? Doesn't she still have it?

Maybe I'm misremembering what I did in Ep. 2, but doesn't he take it either way? Well regardless, I don't feel like that's gonna end well.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

Junkfist posted:

IIRC you can find it In his RV

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Ekusukariba posted:

Honestly I feel like I'm more screwed since Frank has the gun and Chloe has no money, I'm hoping there will be actual consequence for the different setups

Nah, that's the one true timeline. Frank isn't getting a cent and Chloe with a gun is a tragedy waiting to happen. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if that's why she's in the chair; wouldn't be the first time she shot herself...

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

no she probably wrecked the truck her dad bought her

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Yeah but that's no fun.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

seravid posted:

Nah, that's the one true timeline. Frank isn't getting a cent and Chloe with a gun is a tragedy waiting to happen. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if that's why she's in the chair; wouldn't be the first time she shot herself...

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

That fifth bottle can go right the gently caress to hell too. You can't even tell you can slip between that debris.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?

jackofarcades posted:

IIRC you can find it In his RV

Why would he have it?

• Locked thread