Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zolthorg
May 26, 2009

SL the Pyro posted:

I have never heard of that TV brand. Is this a good or a bad thing?

Anyway, hope things get better for you. :shobon:

...In other news, the newest Smashified! showcases Bomberman:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gArqv_9KwI

rude, smashified is only supposed to be for dumb characters that have no chance
go draw shovel knight or k rool and leave waddle dee and shirobom alone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!

Reiley posted:

Cool, thanks for the details! I'll try to make it out on the 22nd.

Sweet! I'm Lance the TO, so if you have any questions let me know.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

zolthorg posted:

Konami bought Hudson and Konami are pulling out of games. There will be no Bomberman even though there should.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Bomberman has frightening eyes.

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug

zolthorg posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQku-5bZLv4

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

mabels big day posted:

Bomberman has frightening eyes.

Turn your monitor on.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

LanceKing2200 posted:

Sweet! I'm Lance the TO, so if you have any questions let me know.

What's the character diversity like at the monthlies? I'd love to swap notes with another Pikachu player but I've only ever really known one other person who plays one.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

SL the Pyro posted:

This one is neat cause they used 3D models this time.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

The scarf reminds me of Bomberman Generations, which was a really good game by the way. It had an open-stage singleplayer similar to Bomberman 64, which was also good. Anyways, bye.

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!

Reiley posted:

What's the character diversity like at the monthlies? I'd love to swap notes with another Pikachu player but I've only ever really known one other person who plays one.

We have a player named Light who plays a pretty mean Pikachu, he's a good guy. As far as character diversity We have 28 unique characters across our top 30 players, which is pretty good.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Reiley posted:

The scarf reminds me of Bomberman Generations, which was a really good game by the way. It had an open-stage singleplayer similar to Bomberman 64, which was also good. Anyways, bye.

i would like to play bomberman 64 again

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

sharrrk posted:

Same.

Treebeh
Sep 20, 2010

we never say anything unless it is worth taking a long time to say.

sharrrk posted:

It was a good game. And the music is legit good like he said in the video.

Athropos
May 4, 2004

"Skeletons are Number One! Flesh just slows you down."
What is the best way to play with goons? Add the people in the OP?

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Athropos posted:

Join irc.synirc.net #goonsmash using your Favorite IRC Client.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Actually those recent smashified imagevideos with multiple peoples effort are actually really good looking

Roflfox
Jan 29, 2008

Your one and only, scorching laser light

Athropos posted:

What Reiley said, also you can use mibbit.com if you're not an IRC client type of person.

But really the point of this post was to tell you that your avatar loving rules and Mutant League Football is an amazing game.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

I've heard good things about the smash IRC, I should try it out one of these days.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

You know who should be in smash but wont, even though the idea is actually pretty neat?

Glover. From an old game on the 64 called, uh, Glover.

He's like a mini Master Hand with a Pixar rubber ball. B standard move changes the ball into different forms! Side B is like the ball spank maneuver or whatever

I can dig it. Nobody would see it coming, it would be the best

White Light fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Jul 23, 2015

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Parrotine posted:

You know who should be in smash but wont, even though the idea is actually pretty neat?

Glover. From an old game on the 64 called, uh, Glover.

He's like a mini Master Hand with a Pixar rubber ball. B standard move changes the ball into different forms! Side B is like the ball spank maneuver or whatever

I can dig it. Nobody would see it coming, it would be the best

A part of young me always somewhat forced myself to assume Master Hand was actually Glover.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

Szmitten posted:

A part of young me always somewhat forced myself to assume Master Hand was actually Glover.

this was my 10-year old headcannon too, master glovers unite

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

SL the Pyro posted:

I really dig this Bomberman design, it's got a good style to it like the way Mega Man got redesigned for Smash. Having his hands be weird sticky balloon things is kind of cool.

I wonder how he would play in Smash Bros though, he'd have to have a weird retro moveset like Pacman but with more explosions I guess?

i would buy this amiibo though

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I didn't like Bomberman 64 very much

Super Bomberman best bomberman

Still break out the multitap for that one occasionally

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I've never played a bomberman game

Waterfall of Salt
May 14, 2013

Ow, my eye
Super Smash Crusade, a pretty bad fangame, had a pretty cool concept for Bomberman. His neutral B was Bomb kick, his side B was freeze bombs which you could alter the arc of. Down B was placing a bomb on the ground which exploded after a while or, IIRC, on contact. Up B was a SMW cape style flight where you could also toss bombs. I wouldn't mind seeing him in Smash, personally.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Bomberman and Simon Belmont are the two most worthy characters and it is sad they have no chance. Their addition might make the roster legally perfect.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Trent posted:

I didn't like Bomberman 64 very much

Super Bomberman best bomberman

Still break out the multitap for that one occasionally

I liked the Saturn one, I had a second multitap for 10 (I think) player mode.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I look forward to the bomberman mii gunner costume.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

codenameFANGIO posted:

Bomberman and Simon Belmont are the two most worthy characters and it is sad they have no chance. Their addition might make the roster legally perfect.

some final fantasy asshat is at least as worthy as bomberman

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Does anyone know anything about the Villager's Lloyd rocket? I've been playing around against that moveset and I've noticed at certain times if I attack the Lloyd with a move and it blows me up I take amplified knockback, like I'm eating the knockback from both the rocket and my own fsmash, for example. I remember it doing some weird things on tournament streams as well. Is there something more to it or is that thing just goofballs?

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

TheKingofSprings posted:

some final fantasy asshat is at least as worthy as bomberman

Chances are it would be either a mascot enemy like Chocobo, Moogle or Cacutaur, or a generic standard class like a Mage, Fighter or Thief.

Smashing Link
Jul 8, 2003

I'll keep chucking bombs at you til you fall off that ledge!
Grimey Drawer
I'm not sure we need Bomberman but Simon Belmont would be amazing.

mamelon
Oct 9, 2010

by Lowtax

Smashing Link posted:

I'm not sure we need Bomberman but Simon Belmont would be amazing.

Place in your mind's eye, a fight where Simon cracks a whip at Wario, who responds with a fart.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Zuzie posted:

Chances are it would be either a mascot enemy like Chocobo, Moogle or Cacutaur, or a generic standard class like a Mage, Fighter or Thief.

I don't care about Sora much but if he wasn't Disney he'd probably be the best representative they could get

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I want Tetris stick.

Athropos
May 4, 2004

"Skeletons are Number One! Flesh just slows you down."

Roflfox posted:

What Reiley said, also you can use mibbit.com if you're not an IRC client type of person.

But really the point of this post was to tell you that your avatar loving rules and Mutant League Football is an amazing game.

Hell yeah. Mutant league was awesome and needs a modern remake in a glorious 3d engine with gibs and physics! Ill drop by the IRC and add some folks next time I play! Are there a lot of people on the east coast?

Athropos fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Jul 24, 2015

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Reiley posted:

Does anyone know anything about the Villager's Lloyd rocket? I've been playing around against that moveset and I've noticed at certain times if I attack the Lloyd with a move and it blows me up I take amplified knockback, like I'm eating the knockback from both the rocket and my own fsmash, for example. I remember it doing some weird things on tournament streams as well. Is there something more to it or is that thing just goofballs?

you take extra knockback if you get hit while charging or using a smash attack, that might be whats happening

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

sharrrk posted:

you take extra knockback if you get hit while charging or using a smash attack, that might be whats happening

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EktXjm79l60

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Athropos posted:

Hell yeah. Mutant league was awesome and needs a modern remake in a glorious 3d engine with gibs and physics! Ill drop by the IRC and add some folks next time I play! Are there a lot of people on the east coast?

Most of us are ec or close to :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roflfox
Jan 29, 2008

Your one and only, scorching laser light
I'm trying to make a more comprehensive list of #goonsmash folks since the one in the OP is probably full of folks who are no longer around and also could use a bit more info.

:siren: Add yourself! :siren:

View the full list!

• Locked thread