Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
demota
Aug 12, 2003

I could read between the lines. They wanted to see the alien.

demota posted:

drat. Yeah, I'll go in for $60. I'm not sure what I'll do with that model, but my current plan is to keep it in its box and put that box on top of other boxes that contain unpainted miniatures.

Doctor Borris posted:

I do not like this plan. Since the mini is so big I was going to put as sort of a base for a big stack of unpainted miniatures in boxes. I think this is a more optimal plan. They might be in the garage or closet.

Oh yeah, good point. That's a much better use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
I have a couple friends that are artists that I've been slowly assimilating into miniatures. I'm thinking it would be really cool to give each one a different head and see how it turns out in the end. Each head in a different style, by a different artist could be really cool. Its really not a mini at this point

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Okay fine you assholes, twist my arm, I'll get the drat tiamat. Maybe I can use it, and its box, as a foundation for a shed to store all the other boxes of unpainted minis.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib

Bad Munki posted:

Okay fine you assholes, twist my arm, I'll get the drat tiamat. Maybe I can use it, and its box, as a foundation for a shed to store all the other boxes of unpainted minis.

Buy enough to use the boxes to build another house to store the rest of your order.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Bad Munki posted:

Make some tears out of acrylic gel or whatever then build a shrine of unpainted minis with crying tiamat as the centrepiece.

Put it in your closet to loom over you whenever you go find shoes.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
I just wish you could add stuff from past kickstarters I'd love a Dragons don't share, but like hell I'm paying more that the $35 it was...

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib
Okay, let's start a betting pool on the final tally for this Kickstarter.

Rules:

No cash involved. Losers each have to paint up a mini and ship it to the winner. Doesn't have to be Bones, since not everyone here has Bones minis yet. Big or small as you feel like.

Winner is the person who is the closest to the final dollar value the Kickstarter reaches.

Guesses will be in increments of $100,000.

The pool needs at least three participants to be valid.

No bets will be accepted after twelve hours.

No changing your bet once you've posted it.

Got that?

I'm starting it off at $2,500,000.

Bachtere
Sep 25, 2005

09/13/07

Never Forget

Pillbug

Ashcans posted:

I appreciate how this just completely overwhelms their photobooth and they're just like 'welp, good as we can do'.

Also that thing is enormous, I can't imagine how you would ever actually use it. But I definitely want to see one painted up by Bachtere.

Heh, I'm planning on picking one up (and probably selling it a year and a half later unpainted, but that is neither here nor there).

The thing about that model is that it has left the miniature category and entered the statue category. I used to collect comic statues, Bowen Designs and Sideshow. The key to making those look good is shading and finish (gloss v. matte, gloss and matte in a complimentary way). The same is going to be true for Mr. Dragon. A lot of our time as mini painters is trying to mimic shadow and light on a smaller scale. That shouldn't be super necessary on something this big. Pick good colors that compliment each other (Wings, body, underbelly, horns, teeth, mouth, eyes), get a good clean base coat down, focus on shading, get your details clean, and you should be golden. You are going to be able to stand 10 feet away from this god drat thing and still be able to appreciate its paint job.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Oh, well then, that all sounds pretty easy. :suicide:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
gently caress, that cemetery golem looks amazing

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Captain Invictus posted:

gently caress, that cemetery golem looks amazing

Yeah, I just don't want to spend $50 to get him.

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all
Having the cemetery fences as a standalone item is nice to see. Not sure if I'll go for it, but still nice.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
God drat you Reaper! :suicide:

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

They're really doing a lot better on making those expansions full of desirable items this time. Last campaign, the expansions often had cool stuff but overall felt a lot more questionable. This time, they're pretty drat solid all around.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

JackMann posted:

Winner is the person who is the closest to the final dollar value the Kickstarter reaches.

When? Do we wait a few weeks to get Reaper's final tally after all failed charges are cleared, etc? Do we include additional money added to people's pledges via the pledge manager?

Also, is this "Price is Right" rules... closest without going over... or just closest?

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib

Leperflesh posted:

When? Do we wait a few weeks to get Reaper's final tally after all failed charges are cleared, etc? Do we include additional money added to people's pledges via the pledge manager?

Also, is this "Price is Right" rules... closest without going over... or just closest?

Closest at the point the Kickstarter proper ends. Just as with stretch goals, money collected afterwards doesn't count. And closest. If you guess 2.2, and they get $2,233,424, you're closer than the guy who guessed 2.3. Keeps it nice and simple.

Base Emitter
Apr 1, 2012

?
Clever of Reaper to be so far behind stocking Bones 2 stuff that people figure they won't get another chance to buy anything they skip for 3 years. :v:

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

thiswayliesmadness posted:

Having the cemetery fences as a standalone item is nice to see. Not sure if I'll go for it, but still nice.

It just better be made of the rigid stuff or those fence spikes are going to we awfully wobbly.

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

$2,300,000

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib
Okay, that puts two bets in at 2.3 and 2.5. We need one more wager to make this a thing. Any takers? Who else wants a piece of this action?

Eyespy
Dec 20, 2004

When I talk about the doomed, the scum, the people who no longer give a shit...When I talk about the filth of the city...I'm talking about you.

Has there been any talk about when to expect the pledge manager?

I might just put down a dollar and hope for the best.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib

Eyespy posted:

Has there been any talk about when to expect the pledge manager?

I might just put down a dollar and hope for the best.

Right here. Keep in mind that to get the Kickstarter prices, you have to pledge at least a buck through Kickstarter proper. You cannot yet add money on the Pledge Manager yet, and won't be able to until the Kickstarter finishes.

Doctor Borris
May 29, 2014

Sometimes Serious.
Sometimes Satirical.
Never Ever Sarcastic.
Ever.

JackMann posted:

Okay, that puts two bets in at 2.3 and 2.5. We need one more wager to make this a thing. Any takers? Who else wants a piece of this action?

Putting mine in at 2.2m

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

What the hell, I'll go high at 2.7

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib
Bets as they currently stand:

Doctor Borris: 2.2 million
Gareth Gobulcoque: 2.3 million
JackMann: 2.5 million
Bad Munki: 2.7 million

Winner currently stands to get three painted minis.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I'll just go ahead and get started painting now. :downs:

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

I'd hop in, but I don't have the time to paint things up for a winner right now. Good luck to all those betting, though.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Concept art for boat golem looks rad.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?
Throwing in at 2.15 million.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Slimnoid posted:

So, uhh. Which way do you want that rounded?

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib
Borris already called 2.2, so that puts Slimnoid at 2.1.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Slimnoid posted:

JackMann posted:

Guesses will be in increments of $100,000.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

Bad Munki posted:

Concept art for boat golem looks rad.

Boat golem looks amazing, but it's going to be a pain in the rear end to pain... Oh wait who am I kidding, I'm never going to get around to painting it.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

Whoops, yeah. 2.1 mil then.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Bucnasti posted:

Boat golem looks amazing, but it's going to be a pain in the rear end to pain... Oh wait who am I kidding, I'm never going to get around to painting it.

I like how you never question the assumption that you're going to buy it, though. That's the spirit!

Doctor Borris
May 29, 2014

Sometimes Serious.
Sometimes Satirical.
Never Ever Sarcastic.
Ever.

Slimnoid posted:

Whoops, yeah. 2.1 mil then.

I want you to lose.... but if that happens.... we all lose 60 more dollars.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Well, we're coming up on the final 24 hours. This is when things usually start to reflect the beginning of the campaign again. There's basically no danger of tiamat not getting funded, and even if he didn't, at this pint, reaper would still just do it, because they're not on a shoe-string budget like many kickstarters. This is really just to speed up the process by easing their burden of all the overhead. Anyhow, I would say 2.1 is about as unlikely as 2.7, so me and Slimnoid should probably get underway. :)

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

I am going to buy a generic dragon that ISN'T Tiamat. I have no preference truth be told, just want a generic dragon. Which one wins?

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

Stupid question. I pledged $1 to get my foot in the door. Do I have to use the pledge calculator and update my total on Kickstarter before the campaign ends tomorrow, or can I do it later? Gotta get that Devourer.

VV Great, thanks!

parabolic fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Jul 24, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib

parabolic posted:

Stupid question. I pledged $1 to get my foot in the door. Do I have to use the pledge calculator and update my total on Kickstarter before the campaign ends tomorrow, or can I do it later? Gotta get that Devourer.

You can do it anytime before they close the pledge manager, which will be around the time they expect the boats to leave China. Right now, you just need your foot in the door. More money means more stretch goals, but if all you can toss in right now is a dollar, then I"d stay where you are.

• Locked thread