Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Beef Chief posted:

I will probably never play Seventh Stand User, because I just cannot muster up the ability to care about it.

It's not fantastic, it's just good for a Jojo game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

VolticSurge posted:

So the best Jojo game is still Seventh Stand user?

Heritage for the Future, or whatever they're calling the Capcom part 3 fighters, gives 7SU a good run for its money, but they're both wildly different genres.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

WrightOfWay posted:

It's not fantastic, it's just good for a Jojo game.

It's pretty good, but also pretty flawed.

It's a SaGa fangame basically

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

way too many random battles imo with not really a whole ton of exploration

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The intentional gen 1 Pokémon look is horrible.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Aurain posted:

The intentional gen 1 Pokémon look is horrible.

It's SaGa

That's what the first 3 SaGa games looked like. The world map speedwagon sprite isn't even original, it and a bunch of the other world map sprites are taken straight outta SaGa

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Shh Soft and Wet

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Cabinet posted:

Shh Soft and Wet

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

FirstAidKite posted:

It's SaGa

That's what the first 3 SaGa games looked like. The world map speedwagon sprite isn't even original, it and a bunch of the other world map sprites are taken straight outta SaGa

Never played them, so good to know. Still looks shite.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Hey guys, I really liked the JoJo anime, so I just marathoned up the the end of part six over the last two weeks.

To the end of part of six.

end of six

what

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Aurain posted:

Never played them, so good to know. Still looks shite.

They're cool little gameboy games that came out stateside as "Final Fantasy Legend" and they're more or less centered around being short and being made up of short series of world maps you explore around and figure out how to progress in to the next world map.

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so

Potsticker posted:

Heritage for the Future, or whatever they're calling the Capcom part 3 fighters, gives 7SU a good run for its money, but they're both wildly different genres.

Been trying this out a little bit lately, and it's pretty fun even for someone like me who isn't that into fighting games. I accidentally made Iggy fart on Polnareff's and was instantly convinced this was in fact a Worthwhile JoJo Game

Harefield Terrace
Jul 15, 2015

Happy and I know it

CubeTheory posted:

Hey guys, I really liked the JoJo anime, so I just marathoned up the the end of part six over the last two weeks.

end of six

what

Welcome to the future. Now take a step into the past.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Beef Chief posted:

I will probably never play Seventh Stand User, because I just cannot muster up the ability to care about it.

I cant play it because i get BULLSHIT memory errors if i play for more than 10 minutes

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Meme Emulator posted:

I cant play it because i get BULLSHIT memory errors if i play for more than 10 minutes

Have you tried the newest released version of it?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i keep getting lame Stands from ghee questionnaire so i put it on hold

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

dogsicle posted:

i keep getting lame Stands from ghee questionnaire so i put it on hold

First time I tried it I got Napalm Death, I dunno if it is any good but drat that name is great.

For real, the best Stand names in the series are Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap and (Shh) Soft and Wet.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

minoru suzuki posted:

way too many random battles imo with not really a whole ton of exploration

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Crazy Diamond is the best name and the best stand in all ways.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Stands are best when they involve utterly insane pseudo-scientific bullshit that is countered by even more insane pseudo-scientific bullshit.

Therefore, Weather Report is the best.

Q.E.D.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

CubeTheory posted:

end of six

what

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5TwT69i1lU

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Anyone wanna try and explain to me the end of part 6.

I'd understand if you didn't.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's simple.

I see trees of green
Red roses too
I see them bloom
For me and you
And I think to myself
What a wonderful world

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

CubeTheory posted:

Imagíne six JoJo's at the edge of a cliff

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

CubeTheory posted:

Araki got sick of the Joestar and Dio legacy

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

CubeTheory posted:

araki got really bored of having to bring back jotaro all the time, so he killed him (and everyone else) off so he could finally start over fresh

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

CubeTheory posted:

This is what I got. i could be wrong.

Pucci attained Stairway to Heaven. this Stand works using time manipulation (and Gravity I guess?) to accelerate time for non-living creatures. Living creatures still experience time at the same rate, which results in things like a day going by in a half hour or so. Pucci himself, because he is the Stand user is selectively immune to this effect (this matters later) which lets him move at super speed. Pucci's insane Stand lets him kill the entire hero crew apart from Emporio. In the Jojoverse it turns out that time is cyclical, so Pucci accelerates time to the extend that the universe dies and is reborn (I think because the rate of time movement accelerates so much no one dies in the vacuum of space for the billions of years the Earth isn't around and such, because that only lasts like an instant).

Because people have now completed an entire loop, while they themselves have been accelerated through a universe rest, their "soul" somehow remembers the entire course of universal destiny, which means that everyone knows on a intrinsic level the course of their lives and such, which Pucci things will bring people peace and happiness. Everyone who died since Pucci got his stand in the new timeline is replaced by a new version of themselves and destiny is compelled to follow the same course until Pucci "acquires" Stairway to Heaven again (otherwise the entire reset would be pointless, one of the effects of Stairway to Heaven seems to be telling everyone the future and then preventing them from doing anything to alter it). In order to pre-emptively kill his opponents, Pucci slows the time acceleration way before he acquires his new Stand because he knows where they are what everyone will do. Pucci knows he can win because he is, as mentioned before, selectively immune to his own Stand's effects.This ties into why Dio originally sought Stairway to Heaven, as he would know the future and be the only one able to change it, he would essentially control the world's entire destiny. Pucci hadn't accounted for the fact that Emporio had Weather Report's Stand disc, which he then uses to kill Pucci.

Because Pucci was killed before he was due to acquire Staiway to Heaven, this creates a kind of time paradox which causes the universe to reboot itself again, this time with no Pucci and no soul-memories, with only Emporio recalling the entire adventure. In the new universe, I THINK Pucci never existed and so "Irene" and co grew up differently, whether solely because of Pucci's absence, the reset causing a kind of butterfly effect or a mixture of both, who can say. The butterfly effect ties in with Jolyne's visual design at least though that's probably a similarity I'm just pulling out of my rear end.

Harefield Terrace
Jul 15, 2015

Happy and I know it
I genuinely love part 6 from front to back

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Prison Warden posted:

Pucci attained Stairway to Heaven. this Stand works using time manipulation (and Gravity I guess?)

It basically has the stand user become a singularity point (like what's on the inside of black holes, theoretically), so yes that's what [Gravity] has to do with it, I'm guessing.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Hasn't [GRAVITY] been used as a concept as early as Part 4 to explain why so many stand users end up in Moriyoh and why Kira always ends up lucking out of certain defeat up until an ambulance runs him over? Coulda sworn gravity was a thing long before Part 6.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

a cartoon duck posted:

Hasn't [GRAVITY] been used as a concept as early as Part 4 to explain why so many stand users end up in Moriyoh and why Kira always ends up lucking out of certain defeat up until an ambulance runs him over? Coulda sworn gravity was a thing long before Part 6.

Yeah but I think that was used more to mean destiny, or just people being drawn together, which is a thing in part 6, but C-Moon also controls actual gravity. I mean, this is shounen so batshit equivalence of different things is par for the course.

JDRockefeller
Apr 26, 2010

Prison Warden posted:

Because Pucci was killed before he was due to acquire Stairway to Heaven, this creates a kind of time paradox which causes the universe to reboot itself again

For Stairway's effects of everyone being able to see their own future to become permanent, Pucci says he has to complete the cycle, which means fast forwarding time until he reaches cape canaveral. Pucci doesn't complete the cycle because he says he has to kill Emporio first or Emporio's fate might still be to escape the prison, reach the cape and possibly kill Pucci. Unfortunately for Pucci, in his rush to try and kill Emporio, he instead punches Weather Report into Emporio and gets killed. As he's being killed, he begs Emporio to let him complete the cycle to make the effects permanent, and that if he dies before it finishes he doesn't know what will then change when it all snaps back.

Ironically, for all of Pucci's belief in fate, destiny and the resolve to face them, it his immunity to Stairway's effects and him trying to interfere with fate that ended up getting him killed. Just like how him trying to interfere with his sister's relationship ended up in her suicide.

PeaceDiner
Mar 24, 2013

For anybody interested in JoJo merch, there's an awesome blog called "JoJo's Bizarre Adventure...IS ART" that showcases both popular and more obscure JoJo- or Araki-related merch, magazine scans, etc. The layout is sorta a pain in the rear end and can only be viewed one entry at a time, so I suggest using their image list or going in a specific tag.

An interesting product I found on the blog was a JoJo typing game. The disc's design is pretty rad, I have to say.

Apologies if this has been posted before.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Prison Warden posted:

Yeah but I think that was used more to mean destiny, or just people being drawn together, which is a thing in part 6, but C-Moon also controls actual gravity. I mean, this is shounen so batshit equivalence of different things is par for the course.

This and it's implied that Dio had actual gravity in mind for what he was doing too because why else would he tell Pucci to go to a place where actual gravity is a bit weaker? He (and Araki) must have really liked A Brief History of Time or something.

If you really want to get technical, Gravity as Destiny and certain people being drawn to one another has been part of JoJo since Phantom Blood. Or at least that's the conclusion Dio came to, anyway.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
Chapter's translated finally. Here's 45.

Sir Ilpalazzo
Sep 4, 2012

Aurain posted:

Jobin seems to be the kingpin of the Rokakaka dealing ring and there's surely more than meets the eye to those.

JJL 45 spoilers here from the translation of cam shots:
The Rokakaka has been explicitly confirmed as Kira's goal now, he also had one at I believe Josefumi's house and Karera knows about them too and brings them up. The guy in charge of these things is a bad, bad beetle loving man.

I'm not so sure on that last bit. Unless I'm forgetting or have overlooked something, it feels more likely to me that Jobin was just dealing with the rockmen crime syndicate (to save his son). Is there reason to believe Jobin is the boss aside from his stand being potentially really powerful?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Sir Ilpalazzo posted:

I'm not so sure on that last bit. Unless I'm forgetting or have overlooked something, it feels more likely to me that Jobin was just dealing with the rockmen crime syndicate (to save his son). Is there reason to believe Jobin is the boss aside from his stand being potentially really powerful?

yeah, i'm personally having a hard time believing that joubin is involved with the rock people for any reason other than trying to save his kid. if i remember correctly, the one-sided 'conversation' the rock dude with the tornado stand had with him sounded kinda off and like joubin would be in a lovely situation if something went south as the rock guy was straight-up ready to start telling him to kill his kid, which suggests that the rock people don't know joubin's real motives.

then again we don't have everything to go off of. i just don't see a motive yet for joubin to be the antagonist.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I agree that Joubin is most likely Josuke's enemy by circumstance rather than design.

There's definitely someone else behind this. Joubin may be their penultimate pawn, however.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i feel like he's gonna come into play later and have to make a difficult choice, but it'll be siding with the 'good' crew eventually. i mean, yeah, he's kinda been sinister as gently caress so far, but the whole goddamn family is eccentric as gently caress and i'm certain he's mixed up in this to save tsurugi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Good thing josuke won the beetle match or else his eye would be burned right now