Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Dolash posted:

Might as well pack up and go home now, I mean what is there left to do?

It would honestly be a fitting end for Homestuck if only 8000 selfies were accrued and Hussie followed through with his promise and deleted it.

i want this to happen purely for DBZ sperg reasons

(the "over 9000" line was a mistranslation, it was "over 8000" in the original japanese. so failing due to 8000 selfies, in addition to satisfying the everpresent 8 quota, would bring that meme full circle as well)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Turns out the Omegapuse is Hussie waiting on all 9001 freakhug selfies to come in

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

an ironic misspelling of that Jape fellow

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

It's not as if he has any way to track it, though. He can count hashtags on Tumblr and Twitter, but he certainly can't track things posted on all the random other platforms -- maybe even not all those on Reddit. I'm thinking too much about this, aren't I?

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
gently caress this beautiful comic

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Hey guys anyone who has a tumblr thing post my image up for me please. I have no tumblr and do not want one.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

its habbening

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

Rorus Raz posted:

Turns out the Omegapuse is Hussie waiting on all 9001 freakhug selfies to come in

In that case, we should be seeing A6A6A6 by sunrise.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
ipgd's concept art for that page:

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Arsenic Lupin posted:

It's not as if he has any way to track it, though. He can count hashtags on Tumblr and Twitter, but he certainly can't track things posted on all the random other platforms -- maybe even not all those on Reddit. I'm thinking too much about this, aren't I?

Hussie's holding out for 9001 printed out selfies to be hand-delivered to his door. He expects them to come with 9001 certificates of authenticity.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Blackheart posted:

I read it because I genuinely like it and if people don't like it I think they maybe shouldn't be reading it just sayin'

same. i have legit enjoyed almost everything since Game Over with the exception of the (vriska) debacle, because that was simply awful to read.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Mazerunner posted:

an ironic misspelling of that Jape fellow
Don't you mean Joke?

Edit: I forgot to post this after the last update.

quote:

DIRK: Who needs small and serviceable adjectives when the most rear end-backwards way of saying a thing is right there, tantalizingly hidden within the vast ocean of language.
DIRK: Like a treasure in a huge lovely clam

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Jul 24, 2015

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.
Fun fact: the latest page is one of only three pages in the entire comic containing the word "Homestuck," the other two being the title page and this page.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Izzhov posted:

Fun fact: the latest page is one of only three pages in the entire comic containing the word "Homestuck," the other two being the title page and this page.

How fitting that each one is equally important to the story as a whole.

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Farg posted:

gently caress this beautiful comic

(I don't know if I'm allowed to emptyquote here but yeah)

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

I didn't really think this update was all that exceptional.

I'm not taking a selfie because I'll call Hussie's bluff and see if he has the guts to delete Homestuck. Go ahead. You want my ugly mug with your ghost horse rear end? You'll get it when your comic's dead and buried.

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.
News post just went up on the main page:

Andrew Hussie posted:

9828 had a song and a drawing by James Roach and Ipgd respectively. Whoa, those are respectively very very good. The doomsday screed is by this son of a bozo, and it does appear to have motivated quite a STRONG wave of selfie posting. Maybe enough to even save the website from old man Hussie? Guess we'll find out. Hmm, sure does seem like Homestuck has a lot of good lookin' readers. I must say I am impressed. I have taken quite an extensive tour through your offerings and I have yet to find an unattractive face in front of Arquiusprite's tremendous buttocks. Kudos to every single selfie-snapper for being so preposterously photogenic. Just, wow. People have got a couple tumblr archives already if you want to take a look. I don't know which of those is "better," or more exhaustive, but you know what, a little competition never killed anybody. I guess they can be like the Coke and Pepsi of this baloney rear end stunt, for as long as people wanna keep pointing phones at their own faces.

On the update front, I said there'd be 8 more, but I collapsed a couple so it's down to 7. Meaning there are two left, one on monday and tuesday. This doesn't mean you're seeing all that will happen before the endstuff. After the pause there'll be another stetch of pages more in the vein of escalating material, which I think is better to post closer to the animation that follows it, rather than now and get everybody hype for a whole lot of waiting. Instead I picked an update to pause it on which I think is a good and nice place to leave off that doesn't feel too cliffhangery. Then there'll be a significant pause, but only because I still haven't quite figured out how to pull a very significant animation project out of thin air yet. So that'll take a good while. I guess I'll say more about the pause when it has officially begun. Until then please enjoy the weekend of the Great Hug Bump of 2015.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

The more he talks about the huge animation project that necessitates another huge pause the more I think he's just going to be assembling the pilot episode of Homestuck: The Animated Series.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
God is dead, done in by a gaudy-rear end cat-crow androgyne and a robot blueblood bodybuilder with abs on his tail. He got killed so dead, the echoes of this hug traveled all the way back into the late 1800s and smacked some German doofus with a lame mustache in the back of the head.

Sunsetaware
Jun 2, 2012

It's beautiful. If there's any reason to still be reading Homestuck, this is it.

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

What would my non Homestuck reading friends think if they saw this flash? Like, what the gently caress kind of comic are we even reading?

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013

Line Feed posted:

What would my non Homestuck reading friends think if they saw this flash? Like, what the gently caress kind of comic are we even reading?

Show them and find out

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Okay. I think I'm done here.

Because THIS IS loving STUPID

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Grouchio posted:

HONESTLY IT IS DISTURBING AS HELL. AND I'D PREFER NOT TO DWELL ON ITS GREATER RAMIFICATIONS TO MY LONG TERM EXISTENCE. MAYBE IT'S GOOD? OR MAYBE IT'S DUMB. MAYBE IT'S. GOOD AND DUMB. OR SMART AND BAD. THERE ARE SO MANY WORDS THINGS CAN BE WHEN YOU'RE CONFUSED.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

This was the plan.

To give you a boner.

You got one.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
You suddenly realize you understand jack poo poo, and you couldn't be happier.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
Honestly I have never been closer to quitting this comic as I am right now and I'm not even sure why

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Plom Bar posted:

Honestly I have never been closer to quitting this comic as I am right now and I'm not even sure why

Because you're critically lacking in man-grit and your Dad is very un-proud of you

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

I love the idea that someone would have slogged through all of the other self-indulgent horseshit in this comic, but no, this is what drives them over the edge to stop reading

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

This is the only update the doublesprites have been anything approaching decent for.

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

Oh wow, there was a SBAHJ update? When did that happen? :stare:

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Plom Bar posted:

If we can look past the silliness and calls for 9k selfies for a moment, I think Hussie slipping in some self-deprecating self-awareness there talking about how all the narrative twists and turns have paid off is a positive. It's a little nod and wink to the fact that he still has the story well in hand and knows what he's doing indulging in another goofy digression, he hasn't actually lost sight of the big picture. The very language he used suggests he's staying engaged with the tone of discussion surrounding the comic at the moment.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

I don't really understand any of the response, even if people are overblowing it to match the facetious upselling Hussie does in the update.

Like I guess I feel like I've just seen this joke already a few times in the comic.

Note to Self
Mar 21, 2012
And when he did it in 2010, it didn't have this desperate little note of "Please remind your social media followers that Homestuck exists!"

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Grouchio posted:

Homestuck has been loving stupid from the start, if you don't like it that way then why have you even been reading it this long?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Line Feed posted:

Oh wow, there was a SBAHJ update? When did that happen? :stare:

About 10 months ago

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Andrew Hussie posted:

Hmm, sure does seem like Homestuck has a lot of good lookin' readers. I must say I am impressed. I have taken quite an extensive tour through your offerings and I have yet to find an unattractive face in front of Arquiusprite's tremendous buttocks. Kudos to every single selfie-snapper for being so preposterously photogenic. Just, wow.
:stonklol:
(Most of the pics seemed to be children.)

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

i look forward to seeing what new and interesting ways goons will construe bad things out of this

Madtrixr
Nov 27, 2010

nerdbot posted:

I don't really understand any of the response, even if people are overblowing it to match the facetious upselling Hussie does in the update.

Like I guess I feel like I've just seen this joke already a few times in the comic.

The response is because this is literally a Horse Attacking A Football Player level masterpiece.

Also we have seen the joke already, like a quarter of the comic is the joke, but it never gets old to me because its always done with a twist, or is just executed very well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

As gorgeous as this page is, it still does not come anywhere near the single most satisfying page in Homestuck: