Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

hubris.height posted:

Thanks for the suggestions. I enjoyed Cowboy Bebop and Space Dandy, and what I've watched of Jojo I like. But I'm mostly doing other stuff while I watch things and like to have english voices. I'll wait for the Jojo dub to finish.

Samurai champloo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Number one with a bullet

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

hubris.height posted:

What's a good dubbed anime I can watch to feel like I fit in with you cool kids who are "with it" on anime?

cromartie high was p. funny imo.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Scryed, Panty & Stocking, G Gundam

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

hubris.height posted:

Thanks for the suggestions. I enjoyed Cowboy Bebop and Space Dandy, and what I've watched of Jojo I like. But I'm mostly doing other stuff while I watch things and like to have english voices. I'll wait for the Jojo dub to finish.

Neon Genesis Evangelion is pretty good too.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I'm gonna get this dumb Tembo game.

"No man, the work the tail"

"I'm sorry?!"

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Listening to the podcast finally and got to the stage chat and maybe I'm not seeing it but why was Woolie acting like all his points were slam dunks? Pat backed off but I still feel like he's 100% right that SF4 shouldn't just be the same thing all the time. It's really weird how heated that argument got regardless though jeez.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
That's how Woolie rolls. Don't hate, appreciate!

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I think Pat focused too much on the spectator side when anyone that watches Evo for the stage selections on Ultra Street Fighter 4 is not going to pay attention to that after 10 seconds into say an Ai Ai/Nemo match.

I also can't tell if Matt was serious about distracting dinosaurs, because players at that level react to anything, including whiffs and fake fireball motions. That's part of the reason why some sticks were modded to have silent presses, pad players for a long time were feared because you can't hear their mashing, and why people like Valle disable buttons just to mash them to fake doing moves.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Yeah but it really doesn't hurt setting the fights in different areas and a lot of the stages are rather simple like the russian stage unless people are going to call johns because a bum in the background took a breath or something.

Watching every other fighting game use random stages for the most part then SF4 strictly hiding in the fight cube I just don't really get it I guess.

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Jul 24, 2015

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Yeah but it really doesn't hurt setting the fights in different areas and a lot of the stages are rather simple like the russian stage unless people are going to call johns because a bum in the background took a breath or something.

Watching every other fighting game use random stages for the most part then SF4 strictly hiding in the fight cube I just don't really get it.

Oh, you clearly don't understand bro. We need to save those frames, brah. That's the only way we'll get to the true balance we've been fighting for. I mean why would you even argue for that if you understood the frame intensive work that needs to be done?! I'm gonna chop ya son.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Other fighting games don't have 1-frame links and/or use better engines. And SF4 isn't the only game that complains about certain stages. I remember Smash 4 Evo, they wanted Omega Mode of a stage instead of Final Destination because there's a 3-5 second blinding flash every 3 minutes or so.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Tae posted:

Other fighting games don't have 1-frame links and/or use better engines. And SF4 isn't the only game that complains about certain stages. I remember Smash 4 Evo, they wanted Omega Mode of a stage instead of Final Destination because there's a 3-5 second blinding flash every 3 minutes or so.

What the gently caress? Is this real? I'm stuck in the stuff. I don't remember a 3-5 second blinding flash on regular FD. Then again I'm a loving scrub whose freee.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Tae posted:

The dealio with this specific example is that regular Final Destination has that blinding flash of light whereas literally the only difference in the Omega version is that it removes said flash.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Commissar Ken posted:

They wouldn't be able to play it due to nobody having a Logitech QR59wqperwep pc controller from 17 years ago to play it on. God that thing is a mess.

Keyboard or die motherfucker

:pcgaming: MGS2 PC keyboard and software acceleration run! :pcgaming:

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Big Scary Owl posted:

Neon Genesis Evangelion is pretty good too.

NGE was so good they decided to use the entire plot for Devil Survivor 2 and it worked.

Never heard of Cromartie and I've started Champloo and never finished it, so I'm gonna move that one up.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
Hey, when is that scary bikini ghost game coming out on Wii u?

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
I just like how Woolie gets so passionate over the whole stage thing, and then we see poo poo like sticks disconnecting and people popping off a round early. Like, dude, some poo poo happening in the background is nothing compared to the actual crazy bullshit that happened at just this year's EVO.

Anyways, anime talk.

Watch pretty much anything that was running on Adult Swim from like 2003 to 2010. That's a good baseline.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

hubris.height posted:

Hey, when is that scary bikini ghost game coming out on Wii u?
"Later this year". Apparently it's digital only though.
Also come on, call it the scary camera ghost game or something.
Or the wet ghost game if you have to. loving wetness as a mechanic, I swear...

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Tae posted:

I also can't tell if Matt was serious about distracting dinosaurs, because players at that level react to anything, including whiffs and fake fireball motions.

Isn't there that whole thing of fighting games of not making up excuses why you lost? "no johns"? "The dinosaur distracted me" seems about as john as "the sun was in my loving eyes" (which is usually one of the examples I see for explaining "no johns")

I kinda get both sides of the argument though.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
God, this Long John is so loving salty.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Oxyclean posted:

Isn't there that whole thing of fighting games of not making up excuses why you lost? "no johns"? "The dinosaur distracted me" seems about as john as "the sun was in my loving eyes" (which is usually one of the examples I see for explaining "no johns")

I kinda get both sides of the argument though.

That is a smash bros. term and no one who plays non-Smash fgs uses it because Smash lingo is loving awful

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

The Tembo the Badass Elephant has some amazing examples of talking about random unrelated poo poo.

Like Matt making airline security worried because he was shouting about reppukens, and how air marshals "don't GET Geese Howard".

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

FauxGateau posted:

What the gently caress? Is this real? I'm stuck in the stuff. I don't remember a 3-5 second blinding flash on regular FD. Then again I'm a loving scrub whose freee.

Yeah the smash one is super understandable. If you're around FD long enough the big blue orb thing in the background explodes and you can't see poo poo for a good minute before the background changes to the platform floating over water or some poo poo. It's really bad.

Chrispurple
Dec 29, 2012

Oh man, this is gonna be great.

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

The Tembo the Badass Elephant has some amazing examples of talking about random unrelated poo poo.

Like Matt making airline security worried because he was shouting about reppukens, and how air marshals "don't GET Geese Howard".

Haven't watched the video yet, but the concept of all air marshals being briefed on Geese Howard and they're just not able to put the pieces together is cracking me up right now.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
The newest Mystery Box is awesome. I had never heard about that game before. Holy poo poo.

One thing I dislike about the Mystery Box is that I have to click on the video to know if I even want to watch it or not, though.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Tae posted:

and why people like Valle disable buttons just to mash them to fake doing moves.

this is such an insanely stupid thing holy poo poo

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Big Scary Owl posted:

The newest Mystery Box is awesome. I had never heard about that game before. Holy poo poo.

One thing I dislike about the Mystery Box is that I have to click on the video to know if I even want to watch it or not, though.

Hey now, you clicked so it's a view so they get paid regardless! :v:

Somewhat serious question as I'm not in the FGC nor do I plan to ever really attempt it but when I glance at 3rd Strikes' roster only a very small handful of fighters are the world warriors while the rest are original newcomers. In 4 it was mostly SF2 + 2 and hearing there's only going to be like 3 new guys in 5 has me wondering why they don't just run with mostly new dudes again. Is it really that big of a turn off?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Air Marshalls just don't 'Get' Geese Howard

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Aug 18, 2015

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
look forward to another month of astro boy videos because woolie can't read

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

To be fair, all a character has to tell him is "go right" to stall the playthrough.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Hey now, you clicked so it's a view so they get paid regardless! :v:

Somewhat serious question as I'm not in the FGC nor do I plan to ever really attempt it but when I glance at 3rd Strikes' roster only a very small handful of fighters are the world warriors while the rest are original newcomers. In 4 it was mostly SF2 + 2 and hearing there's only going to be like 3 new guys in 5 has me wondering why they don't just run with mostly new dudes again. Is it really that big of a turn off?

My understanding is 3 was a financial flop, so they're leery of making a totally fresh roster again.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

hubris.height posted:

Never heard of Cromartie
You should fix that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrI7QUJfkvI

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

this is such an insanely stupid thing holy poo poo

The concept of it, or because it gives him a disadvantage? Because playing mind games with your opponent any tournament legal way is perfectly fine. If they're watching your controller for what you're going to do, faking them out seems to be a smart move.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

If you're going to post Cromartie, you have to post the funniest moment: The first scene of the first episode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHFySGxccKc

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

I'm stuck on the couch this weekend with a bunged up foot and was wondering what that movie was that Matt watched where the guy that only the cursed person can see chases them and switches it's form to people they know and he stands on the roof and his wiener is hanging out.

Also any other suggestions are good too.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Commissar Ken posted:

I'm stuck on the couch this weekend with a bunged up foot and was wondering what that movie was that Matt watched where the guy that only the cursed person can see chases them and switches it's form to people they know and he stands on the roof and his wiener is hanging out.

Also any other suggestions are good too.

It Follows.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Wiseblood posted:

It Follows.

Danke.

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

So, apparently, WWE has gone full-on Benoit in regards to Hogan due to his sex tape. I'm talking he's been pretty much completely removed from WWE's website and poo poo, and all references to him have pretty much been wiped clean. Oh man, this is golden.

I really hope not all of Rustlemania has been recorded, because holy poo poo this would be so much material. :allears:

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
I thought it was because he went on a racist tirade?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

Angry Walrus posted:

I thought it was because he went on a racist tirade?

Eh, both, from what I read.