Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

ToxicSlurpee posted:

If memory serves Geishas were actually explicitly not prostitutes.

Eeeh... Originally Geisha were 'not prostitutes' in that they were a distinct class separate from the courtesan class whose clients they helped entertain; they were not supposed to sell sex so as not to compete with the courtesans. Geisha eventually supplanted the courtesan class in a lot of ways, and then they were 'not prostitutes' in that their primary job was not selling sex and they were considered far classier than the prostitutes still around. But it's generally accepted that geisha did, and might still do, have sex with clients.

Wine quaffing Planned Parenthood supporter? enjoys evidence of a healthy, wanted pregnancy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Klaus88 posted:

:barf:

Holy poo poo that looks bad, normally netflix stuff is quality but I guess some coked out executive got a little bit too much into the nostalgia goggles and okayed this.

It was produced by DreamWorks and came as part of a package deal with a billion hours of future programming. I assume it's something they had sitting around that no one else would buy.

Here's a good episode guide. The last episode they age down the fuckbot and Richie harasses it until it says yes.

http://www.bdcwire.com/binge-watching-netflixs-richie-rich-is-five-hours-i-will-not-get-back/

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Fulchrum posted:

Goofy has killed dozens of people with vehicular manslaughter over the years. Donald is just making the streets safe for his nephews.

Side note, last panel is primo avatar material. Dibs.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

mango sentinel posted:

It was produced by DreamWorks and came as part of a package deal with a billion hours of future programming. I assume it's something they had sitting around that no one else would buy.

Here's a good episode guide. The last episode they age down the fuckbot and Richie harasses it until it says yes.

http://www.bdcwire.com/binge-watching-netflixs-richie-rich-is-five-hours-i-will-not-get-back/

Why would you watch five hours of that even if you run a comedy blog gently caress me dead

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Klaus88 posted:

:barf:

Holy poo poo that looks bad, normally netflix stuff is quality but I guess some coked out executive got a little bit too much into the nostalgia goggles and okayed this.

I hate to break it to y'all but that's pretty much on par for kids-tween programming these days. Check out some A N T Farm for comparison.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAWFMV59-QQ

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

TVs Patrick Duffy posted:

Netflix has made a new Richie Rich series. It's trailer is pretty bad
https://youtu.be/OTMZ2X5cE_Q

I reject the reality in which this show was made. I reject this reality :gonk:

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Gonna be honest, after that review, I'mma watch that Richie Rich show. Because I'm bad at decisions.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

This is some local Hamilton thing about cleaning up a giant "blob" in Hamilton harbour.

Canada's economy is in recession and the government is going to run a billion dollar deficit this year instead of balancing the budget like they promised, so clearly we should reelect the Conservatives because this is no time to be putting someone untested in charge of our country.

The guys swimming away are former cabinet ministers who have booked it ahead of the election so they don't suffer humiliating losses, by the way.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

This whole time, rumors about Walt Disney's antisemitism was just to throw us off his trail.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

:dogbutton:

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
What.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
cow manure can be used for fertiliser, so that sounds like an excellent business idea, Ms. Weird Racist Caricature Kenyan Lady, I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavours

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Yeah if anyone would still be beating the Birther drum it'd be Hope 'n' Change guy

also I like how he is so in tune with Obama's various comings and goings. I never would have known about any trip to Kenya if it wasn't for him.

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

I'm pretty sure the edits to that video weren't supposed to be funny.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

loquacius posted:

Yeah if anyone would still be beating the Birther drum it'd be Hope 'n' Change guy

also I like how he is so in tune with Obama's various comings and goings. I never would have known about any trip to Kenya if it wasn't for him.

I think they covered Obama's visit in the New York Times, actually.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
Oh, come on, who didn't expect racist strips to spew forth from the crazies when they heard about Obama's trip to Kenya?

Republicans (or people for whom the Republican party isn’t right wing enough) are usually the ones shouting loudest about “States’ Rights,” and are most likely to claim Lincoln as a rhetorical symbol while outright rejecting or fighting against everything he stood for.

Chimera-gui posted:

Amateur work, amateur level intelligence courtesy of DeviantArt nitwit doctirderp:

They've already gone overseas, it would be wonderful if there were trade protections put in place that shut out their low-quality, overpriced goods that are made by exploited slaves. Just imagine if tshirts, jeans, computers, phones, tires, televisions, toys, [long list of things that are rarely if ever manufactured domestically] were made in the 'states.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Angepain posted:

cow manure can be used for fertiliser, so that sounds like an excellent business idea, Ms. Weird Racist Caricature Kenyan Lady, I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavours

In places where there isn't much else to burn (i.e., there isn't much wood) cows produce enough poo poo in a day that it can be burned to keep things like cook fires going. Depends on the region but some areas dry cow crap and burn it to cook with. It's really amazing how many uses cow poo poo has.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

there wolf posted:

Eeeh... Originally Geisha were 'not prostitutes' in that they were a distinct class separate from the courtesan class whose clients they helped entertain; they were not supposed to sell sex so as not to compete with the courtesans. Geisha eventually supplanted the courtesan class in a lot of ways, and then they were 'not prostitutes' in that their primary job was not selling sex and they were considered far classier than the prostitutes still around. But it's generally accepted that geisha did, and might still do, have sex with clients.

Finally, a new stupid derail.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Curious what the wall was supposed to say before those letters fell off to form that message on the ground, maybe that's next cartoon

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I vaguely recall Snake Oil being hard right, but man, that guy seems to hate Trump.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Mors Rattus posted:

I vaguely recall Snake Oil being hard right, but man, that guy seems to hate Trump.

Uh, it pretty clearly states he's an equal-opportunity offender.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Mors Rattus posted:

I always thought Snake Oil was kind of lefty. At the very least, he seems to hate the religious right -- if you check his site, his most recent images are mostly mocking the Duggars and Bristol Palin.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
In which we learn that it wasn't Gaddhafi or Islamists that destroyed Libya, but Hillary Clinton:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Stultus Maximus posted:

In which we learn that it wasn't Gaddhafi or Islamists that destroyed Libya, but Hillary Clinton:

BENGHAZIIIIIII :unsmigghh:

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Saint Sputnik posted:

Finally, a new stupid derail.

That Duck-clan discussion did turn out to be fun and informative, even if slightly off topic...

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Duck derail was great.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Somebody asked him which foot the bone spur was on, and he didn't know. :newlol:

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

N. Senada posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTMZ2X5cE_Q

Does that kid want to have sex with his robot maid?

I'm not a fan of this new Mahoromatic live-action reboot.

Mantis42 posted:

That Netflix Richie Rich show has some pretty interesting videos on youtube at least https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9cHOSUiOlQ

:wow:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Mantis42 posted:

That Netflix Richie Rich show has some pretty interesting videos on youtube at least https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9cHOSUiOlQ

huh never thought the context of someone throwing money at girls wouldn't be "at a stripclub"

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Wales Grey posted:

I'm not a fan of this new Mahoromatic live-action reboot.

Can't possibly end worse than that did.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Chimera-gui posted:

Amateur work, amateur level intelligence courtesy of DeviantArt nitwit doctirderp:

Sorry but making anime real was Dr. Ron Paul's platform.

Mantis42 posted:

Why would you think this was a good idea, Netflix executives? Why?

Darkman Fanpage fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Jul 24, 2015

Tritanomalicious
Mar 14, 2008

A dog, A barrel... RIDICULOUS!
That show seems about on par with Disney Channel's live action shows, actually.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Tritanomalicious posted:

That show seems about on par with Disney Channel's live action shows, actually.

Yeah, it looks like a direct imitation of Disney's very successful formula of cheap to produce live action shows about entitled young people.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

It's no Suite Life of Zak and Cody.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!

Radish posted:

It's no Suite Life of Zak and Cody.

Been a while since I saw that show, but I'm pretty sure I could watch more than four seconds of it before quitting in disgust. Can't say the same for Richie Rich.

Also the hotel owner's perpetual frustration at Zach and Cody was an excellent metaphor for the human condition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Who is this guy and how does he write such good jokes????

• Locked thread