Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

quote:

Gunners boss Arsene Wenger has accused Manchester United of trying to buy success and abandoning the club's tradition of youth development in pursuit of short-term glory.

Wise words from a wise man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Delph's just done his hamstring in under 20 minutes on his debut, guess we won't be seeing him on the bench for a few months.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Delph's just done his hamstring in under 20 minutes on his debut, guess we won't be seeing him on the bench for a few months.

Was just about to post this, Delph to Injury XI is a Done Deal

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

pik_d posted:

Was just about to post this, Delph to Injury XI is a Done Deal

He can join Gardos there, we;re looking for one or hopefully two CBs now

Hardflip
Jul 21, 2007

Eau de MacGowan posted:

ohhhh noooooooo

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Blue Star Error posted:

I love Wengy.

I hope he riles up Van Gaal so much he loses the plot and shows his balls again. Much like I will if Giroud scores more than Benteke.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Ewar Woowar posted:

I think the bad one. The good one went to Swansea...and has been bad according to Sasassin.

His contribution during the 60 minutes of a friendly game I half watched while working was abysmal. Monk out.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Blue Star Error posted:

he also said he never wants to quit since he doesn't have a life outside football unlike Sir Alex who told him he's had enough of football and only cares about horses now

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Like Rodwell never left

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Good move Fabian, sign the big contract and then just get injured and Bogarde your way through it, that's everyone's dream job.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I'm sure after the first hundred or so games football gets kind of boring. A good long-term injury every few years is sensible.

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

sassassin posted:

I'm sure after the first hundred or so games football gets kind of boring. A good long-term injury every few years is sensible.

How did you lose the magic?

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I watched a 5 minute YouTube clip of ayew and he looked pretty good so sign him up!

Also lol Delph get hosed

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

euroboy posted:

he also said he never wants to quit since he doesn't have a life outside football unlike Sir Alex who told him he's had enough of football and only cares about horses now

he should run for FIFA presidency

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

euroboy posted:

So should we expect him leading a life like Happel, rotting on the sidelines while dying of cancer, then?

Healbot fucked around with this message at 12:08 on Jul 24, 2015

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Frankston posted:

I watched a 5 minute YouTube clip of ayew and he looked pretty good so sign him up!

Also lol Delph get hosed

Summer signings should be one day in a room with all managers watching youtubes then auctioning them off

Wait, that's probably better for the what would improve the foot thread

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Lmao @ Fibian Wealth.

quiet enjoyment
May 11, 2009
Now someone at the Sun is reporting that Arsenal are inquiring about Llorente. My god with him and Giroud up top we will stun all the keepers with handsome 'come hither' stares and bang in 100 goals

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

"Sign any striker you want bar Messi and Ronaldo"

*signs Juventus reject who scored <10 goals last season*

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
I don't want Llorente at Arsenal, so much for that world class striker. I guess there literally is a handful to go around that are actually kind of sort of available...

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Whats Suarez' release clause?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

T Bowl posted:

I don't want Llorente at Arsenal, so much for that world class striker. I guess there literally is a handful to go around that are actually kind of sort of available...

There really are very few really good strikers in the world. If you try to list off guys who are clearly better than Giroud you'll start saying uhhh a lot after 6-7 people.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

euroboy posted:

Whats Suarez' release clause?

A Costco card and some vampire teeth inserts. (har har har).

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

blue footed boobie posted:

There really are very few really good strikers in the world. If you try to list off guys who are clearly better than Giroud you'll start saying uhhh a lot after 6-7 people.

Lol

THATCHER BRAINWASH
Mar 28, 2015

by Cowcaster

MrBling posted:

I think you'll find that Liverpool have splashed all the cash.

yeah on a bunch of gaylords, great

THATCHER BRAINWASH
Mar 28, 2015

by Cowcaster
Liverpool are crystal palace level, hell, maybe even West Brom.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Lol at your lol

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Twat le Piss posted:

Summer signings should be one day in a room with all managers watching youtubes then auctioning them off

Wait, that's probably better for the what would improve the foot thread
Lee Trundle to United

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
I love the guy but to say he's joint 8th best in the world is demented.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

8bitlawd posted:

Yeah it's almost certainly Benzema but I really doubt it'll happen... the reddit thread was ripe with Lewandowski and Zlatan talk as well. Of the three Zlatan's the only one I could really see moving on.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ding-agent.html

THATCHER BRAINWASH
Mar 28, 2015

by Cowcaster

hmmmmm yeah his agent, who is trying to get him more money, says he won't leave for anything but a load more money hmmmm yes good find this, pack it up lads it's over.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Zlatan only has like a year or two of top level in him i'd reckon, if that.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

blue footed boobie posted:

This is not as dumb as it sounds if you exclude wide attackers. :raise:

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

He obviously wouldn't leave Madrid unless he gets pushed out, but Madrid have done stranger things.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
£200m for Wenger to spend, I expect Messi and Muller to be signed before the end of August.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

PirateBob posted:

its really loving dumb

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

PirateBob posted:

Obv not including them. Reminder that we live in a world where Benteke costs £32.5m

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Javier Manquillo and Lass Diarra are both undergoing medicals at Marseille right now.

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

Bitches ain't shit but genejacks & synths
For Arsene this'll all end up with the rest of the month buzzing with Benzema to Arsenal fan fics ultimately to conclude with a panicked deadline day transfer for Lazcazzte at or around £50 mil (Lyon gonna make that VP rue boasting about that warchest) and then we'll all have a nice laugh and wait for Arsenal to collapse by February before inevitably picking the pieces up in time to finish 3rd.

also as much as I'd hate to see Zlatan in a United shirt, I really do wanna see Zlatan in the PL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grimble
Jul 7, 2002

He will build a castle with garden on an island called Cheshire, and he is permitted to breed.

T Bowl posted:

£200m for Wenger to spend

Like he'd ever spend that and abandon the club's tradition of youth development in pursuit of short-term glory.

• Locked thread