Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

at least until they decide to restart them for the hundredth time.

I pray for this every day. I want more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

noirstronaut posted:

you guys are forgetting that african aids cum is like a diet version of taint reaper

hadji murad posted:

uh he's a good poster I can see why this would confuse you

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Streets of Rage 2, Gunstar Heroes and Sonic 2 are the last Sega 3D Classics, at least until they decide to restart them for the hundredth time.

"We"re done with Genesis 3D ports... and we're moving on to Dreamcast ones!"

Just let me dream.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

One of the reasons they originally weren't going to do SoR2 was because they had trouble getting it to emulate at full speed on 3DS, I so wouldn't hold your breath.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

I have to imagine they would want to do sonic 3 at some point. So I could kind of see one more wave.

Do Sega Saturn and maybe give Treasure some work with a radiant silvergun 3d edition.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Sonic Spinball 3D :getin:

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Is the 3DS version of MGS3 good or is it the equivalent of pepper on wet paper or whatever?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Lord Lambeth posted:

Is the 3DS version of MGS3 good or is it the equivalent of pepper on wet paper or whatever?

It's worth checking out only if you're playing on a New 3DS or with a CPP for the second stick. The framerate can get pretty bad at places with 3D on but it has a brand new Peace Walker inspired control scheme that isn't available on any other version. The HD version is obviously the best way to play it but I think it's worth it if you want to play the game portably and don't have a Vita.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Ineffiable posted:

I have to imagine they would want to do sonic 3 at some point. So I could kind of see one more wave.

Do Sega Saturn and maybe give Treasure some work with a radiant silvergun 3d edition.

I dunno, Sonic 3 still hasn't gotten an updated mobile version, let alone an actual mobile version, so I get the feeling Sega doesn't even wanna touch it for some reason. :(

SeANMcBAY posted:

It's worth checking out only if you're playing on a New 3DS or with a CPP for the second stick. The framerate can get pretty bad at places with 3D on but it has a brand new Peace Walker inspired control scheme that isn't available on any other version. The HD version is obviously the best way to play it but I think it's worth it if you want to play the game portably and don't have a Vita.

Caveat: the second stick doesn't allow you to have the original console controls. It's still basically Peace Walker controls, but now L and R are your item and weapon menus and ZL and ZR are used for attacking, meaning playing on a n3DS with the CPP controls is annoying. The game itself plays fine without the CPP stuff, I've never really had that big a deal with the Peace Walker controls. It's not as nice as the HD version, sure, but crouch walking and third person aiming are pretty nice additions.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Ineffiable posted:

They might as well go whole hog and do Sonic 3 and Knuckles, if they go that route. I mean, come on, why would you want to play plain old Sonic 3 when you could also do it as Knuckles?! Plus I wouldn't want to see them do Sonic and Knuckles by itself. Sonic 3 and Knuckles or bust!

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Silver Falcon posted:

They might as well go whole hog and do Sonic 3 and Knuckles, if they go that route. I mean, come on, why would you want to play plain old Sonic 3 when you could also do it as Knuckles?! Plus I wouldn't want to see them do Sonic and Knuckles by itself. Sonic 3 and Knuckles or bust!

I remember a few months back when these got announced someone posted a really cool interview with the guys who did the remastered versions of Sonic CD and whatnot about how wacky the graphic structure was in Sonic 3 and why it might make a big, huge pain in the rear end to make in 3D. I'm having trouble finding it at the moment, but hopefully someone else remembers as well and still has the link handy.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Lord Lambeth posted:

It actually looks really good. More like marshmallows wrapped in leather binding

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD

noirstronaut posted:

It actually looks really good. More like marshmallows wrapped in leather binding

Ok but if they are wrapped in leather wouldn't it just look like leather

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Spintzel posted:

Ok but if they are wrapped in leather wouldn't it just look like leather

they'd be a lil squishy unlike most leather

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

Silver Falcon posted:

sega will never release sonic 3 and sonic and knuckles together because they can charge people for each game separately,

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
There's also a bunch of other things like Michael Jackson music and that even the people who made the Sonic 1,2,& CD ports mentioned it was a lot more work just for their proof of concept.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Sonic 3 Complete is a good enough romhacking of the two games together if you can bother finding it.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What should be my next 3ds game i dont like nitnendo kiddy trash like zelda or mario

games i have so far:
animla crosisng
mari golf
fire emblems

i really like fire emblems and animal crossing. im kinda looking for some kind of japanese bullshit game i guess i dunno, is there anything that combines those two games

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Abu Dave posted:

What should be my next 3ds game i dont like nitnendo kiddy trash like zelda or mario

games i have so far:
animla crosisng
mari golf
fire emblems

i really like fire emblems and animal crossing. im kinda looking for some kind of japanese bullshit game i guess i dunno, is there anything that combines those two games

get a vita

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

rune factory IV

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

You don't like childrens games but you have animal crossing

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Animal Crossing is a game for all ages.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Cake Attack posted:

rune factory IV

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i dont like games that are like "here play as this little boy as a bunch of old men tell you what to do" i aint got time to play as some drat kid i gotta have purpose in my games so i dont want to waste time jumpuing on pipes either

does rune factory 4 have a godo story

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

the story of rune factory IV is proposing to the fat man who makes food every day for the rest of your life, and it is a very good story about that

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

still salty you can't marry the elf detective lady tho

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i know this is probably a weird question but can you murder horticulture in the game thats kinda my fetish i discovered thanks to animal crosisn

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

trying way too hard here

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Get Pokemon

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Abu Dave posted:

i know this is probably a weird question but can you murder horticulture in the game thats kinda my fetish i discovered thanks to animal crosisn

You can murder flower lilies, death fungi, and pomme pommes

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i think i found my next game thanks lads

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

sega will never release sonic 3 and sonic and knuckles together because they can charge people for each game separately,

Could just give Sega the bird and buy Sonic Mega Collection or Sonic Classic Collection on DS for Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles if they do.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Rune Factory 4 has you punch a unicorn so hard it turns into a dude. Then the unicorn respawns, so you can bring the guy back and he'll beat himself up.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How is bravely default also?

And are any of those sonic collection games real good or do they still have emulation problems

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

the DS one doesn't emulate incredibly but it's passable. sonic 1 3D on the eshop is really good and they're also releasing sonic 2 3D which will probably also be good

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Abu Dave posted:

How is bravely default also?

if you like JRPG music then it's great

if not then don't bother

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

majormonotone posted:

the DS one doesn't emulate incredibly but it's passable. sonic 1 3D on the eshop is really good and they're also releasing sonic 2 3D which will probably also be good

I hope Sonic 2 3D has the add Hidden Palace Zone level and boss from the 2013 IOS ver. I want to fight Brass Eggman.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Jarogue posted:

Could just give Sega the bird and buy Sonic Mega Collection or Sonic Classic Collection on DS for Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles if they do.

That's not the same - Sonic 3 and Knuckles are separate. The only modern version that actually has the lock-on stuff is the Wii Virtual Console Release. The Sega Mega Collection on PS3/360 doesn't have the lock-on extras because they flat-out stated they would've had to cut several entire other games from the collection for the time it would've taken to get working properly.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Jarogue posted:

I hope Sonic 2 3D has the add Hidden Palace Zone level and boss from the 2013 IOS ver. I want to fight Brass Eggman.

It doesn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

That's too bad. It's really silly and dumb that the best versions of Sonic 1/2/CD are on just on phones.