Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Koramei posted:

Normally I have a pretty low regard for spergy map change mods (modmakers on the whole tend to have extremely weird priorities) but holy poo poo, they actually got the continents on the right latitude? :eyepop:

also that they didn't just throw out all the wasteland like most map mods do

If a mod can change it I really don't understand why Paradox doesn't do it themselves, it's completely bewildering and actually does have a pretty serious impact on the game.

It's because he used a real map projection, Braun Stereographic to be specific. Neither equal-area nor conformal, but instead a general minimization of distortion. Height map, terrain and forestry data from satellite imagery; coastlines done by hand.

I don't know why Paradox doesn't make the jump themselves either, especially since they could probably piggy-back on something like this pretty easily. The reason why the map was all a mess to begin with was so that the world would fit better on a physical board, and that can't really hold much water now.

Yashichi posted:

Whatever ridiculous projection they use probably just doesn't preserve latitude. It doesn't look great but I'm not sure why it would impact gameplay at all

And that map looks nice but it seems they also added a billion provinces for some reason

The base Paradox map isn't a real projection at all. The Americas are shifted super far north, so it would fit better on a physical board, which of course compresses a bunch of distances. I don't know how strong a gameplay effect it really has, but it's bound to play a heavy role in colonization, and doing it right just looks so much better.

Only 30 new provinces, mostly lakes to make things look prettier.
Upon closer inspection, there's no updates to .\map\definitions.csv, so 0 new provinces. Just renaming of some existing ones.

e: VVV Yeah, I don't know what's up with that. Maybe a hold over from before Paradox changed it themselves? The first version of that mod looks to pre-date that change.

PittTheElder fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Jul 24, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
All the provinces are sea zones, there aren't any new land provinces at all, I checked out the files.

he did, oddly, change the Swedish flag though :confused:

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

His other project on the other hand, Theatrum Orbis Terrarum, has lots of setup changes going on, and province redrawings to make it look better. I just wish it was further along, because holy poo poo do I want to play it. I might see if I can lend a hand too, he sounds down with the more historically grounded approach I'm after.

Note: in the (1454!) start, Naples even leads the PU with Aragon.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

Then on the other hand, we have the Province Bonanza mod, which adds 451 provinces, almost entire in North America and Russia for some reason. :psyduck:

Apologies for the double post, but this is too good, and I didn't want anyone to confuse it with the very good work bizarcasm is doing with Typus and Theatrum Orbis Terrarum.

e: I just noticed the date too. I guess that explains the borders.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

420 Gank Mid posted:

I've been wanting to try that one as well, any advice on starting positions and how far along you want to be by the time Euros make it around?

I started as Cusco since they were the ones who originally formed the Incas. You start with a god ruler and a bunch of very strong events surrounding him. You also get events like reconstructing your city and building Machu Pichu, which are events you absolutely should take. I've heard it's best to conquer to the south, but I began by allying neighbors close to my rivals and conquering north until my only rival was in the south. During this time get very used to the geography and baiting enemies to attack you in the mountains. The last four nations I vassalized as I realized their armies would be useful for putting down rebels when I passed a reform. It might be a good idea to just straight up militarily annex your neighbors though, as you could instead use those diplomatic points to upgrade your gold provinces. For reforms I suggest manpower recovery first, and then colonization. When I had passed the second to last reform, I began diplo-annexing my vassals. I had one left when I passed the final reform. By the time I had passed the final reform and had conquered my neighbors and the nearby tribes, I had not yet encountered Europeans but they were most likely beginning colonization of Brazil.

For colonization, stay away from the coast lines outside of Peru. Try and make a line around the continent using as few provinces as possible while blocking the Europeans from colonizing inland. Eventually someone is going to settle in Brazil. Try and block them from getting too much of Columbia, and then beeline to try and contain their colony in Brazil from getting too far inland. Every territory they colonize is one you have to conquer. When your conquistadors encounter Europeans, you'll begin getting smallpox events that are going to screw you over hard. Once they've settled down, that's the time to reform your religion. You'll get about 11 techs across the board. Go exploration first, and maximize it. Grab expansion but only invest in the first colonist idea. Ditch it when you have little left to colonize. Put your national focus to military and try and catch up. Once you're within a military tech level of the Europeans, you can begin fighting them and colonizing the coasts. Any European forces not on the continent are forces that are going to take a year to appear. Once they do, split your army into two. Bait them into attacking you across a river or on a mountain. Have your second army join in the battle as soon after it starts as you can. Between 1-6 days after it starts are the best. You should be able to heavily damage them by doing this. At that point hunt them down until they stack wipe, start some sieges, and wait for another stack to appear. Eventually you'll have a lot of heavy ships (I saw no real need for light ships) and you can just smash them into all their transport fleets. Sinking France's transport fleet full of 50k troops and driving up their war exhaustion is a great feeling.

Try and ally any European nation (and possibly a North African one of decent strength) who is not colonizing South America. If you can pit two colonizers against each other, that works ok for a while. When you're still weak, support the independence of the colonies and hope they decide to break away. After that you can break the alliance and conquer them fairly easily. Try not to antagonize a European nation once it is no longer on the continent. Eventually tensions will blow over and they may be up for becoming allies.

Most territory won't cost much in the peace deals, and won't take a ton of admin points to core. If you check that screenshot, I was able to grab all of the French territory in a single war. Put some diplomatic points into your gold producing provinces though, but otherwise all your provinces have such lovely modifiers to development that it's not really worth it.

Oh, and every time you get the "Send in someone to set up marriages" event, take it. It'll eventually increase that province's base tax by 1.

e: For idea groups my final ones were Exploration (colonists, naval force limit), Economics (to deal with inflation), Defensive, Administrative (to make use of mercenaries as 60% of my infantry), Maritime (naval force limits, coastal repair to keep my heavy fleet always ready), Quantity, Offensive, Humanist (to deal with huge Catholic and non-Inca populations). The only ones of those I'd say are super necessary are Exploration and Economics. You can change the others depending on how you want to deal with the Europeans. The cumulative -45% attrition rates and giant stack of mercenaries I went with means never having to worry about manpower, which is really nice.

Node posted:

I'm trying Sun God and oh my goddddddddddddddddddd it's boring. It's 1560, I've conquered the Andes and formed the Incan Empire, and Europeans haven't started colonizing South America yet. I've gotten lots of smallpox somehow, though.

I have three of the five religious reforms (including the one that gives you a colonist,) two colonists from exploration, and the colonist from expansion. I thought Portugal would have showed up by now.

Yeah, there are long stretches of nothing going on. If you've got four colonists though, grab as much land as possible before the Europeans do show up. It'll make things a lot easier down the line. Just stay away from valuable trade centers and river estuaries.

e: I guess one last piece of advice is that once you can go toe to toe with the troops the Europeans bring over, be aggressive as hell. I usually play it pretty safe, but once you can knock all their ships around it doesn't really matter if they outnumber you on paper 6 to 1. Even if they sneak a transport fleet past you, they can only land so many troops on the continent at a time. Their 25k troops with a 3 star general is nothing if you've got 100k troops waiting for them and abuse terrain.

TTBF fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Jul 24, 2015

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

PittTheElder posted:

Man, whoever mentioned Typus Orbis Terrarum a bunch of pages ago, thank you. At first I thought you were referring to the weird alt-hist 'missing continents' mod, but I finally remembered to go check it out today, and holy poo poo does it ever look sweet.
That was me, I am your hero. :v: And yeah, that's (one of) the problem(s) with all those Latin name mods, very easy to confuse them for one another.

PittTheElder posted:

His other project on the other hand, Theatrum Orbis Terrarum, has lots of setup changes going on, and province redrawings to make it look better. I just wish it was further along, because holy poo poo do I want to play it. I might see if I can lend a hand too, he sounds down with the more historically grounded approach I'm after.
Yeah, I'm kinda interested in seeing where this ends up too. If he's sensible about where he puts new provinces, and doesn't add super spergy details which work in theory but are terrible for gameplay, then it could be pretty cool. At least so far he seems pretty willing to listen to people's objections/suggestions, which is a good sign.

Koramei posted:

All the provinces are sea zones, there aren't any new land provinces at all, I checked out the files.

he did, oddly, change the Swedish flag though :confused:
The change is basically just moving the cross so it's a Nordic Cross instead of a St. George's Cross. The really odd thing is Paradox not making it a Nordic Cross from the start.

Groogy
Jun 12, 2014

Tanks are kinda wasted on invading the USSR

PittTheElder posted:

Note: in the (1454!) start, Naples even leads the PU with Aragon.

That looks actually really awesome, I love a proper size on Bohemia in comparison to neighbors <3 Fav Nation
Does he add new provinces or just change existing ones?

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Groogy posted:

That looks actually really awesome, I love a proper size on Bohemia in comparison to neighbors <3 Fav Nation
Definitely adding provinces. Ireland has like twice as many as its vanilla version, and Italy has a few more as well.

Groogy
Jun 12, 2014

Tanks are kinda wasted on invading the USSR

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Definitely adding provinces. Ireland has like twice as many as its vanilla version, and Italy has a few more as well.

Is there a count? I would prefer to play with as few additions as possible :/

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

A Buttery Pastry posted:

The change is basically just moving the cross so it's a Nordic Cross instead of a St. George's Cross. The really odd thing is Paradox not making it a Nordic Cross from the start.

Same with Norway, they all had the cross of today, even back then.

Contrecoup
Mar 30, 2015
I can't recall what goon did the suggestion for Mutapa but I gave them a whirl and I gotta give them a thumbs up. At about 1650 right now and it's been a lot of fun. I still consider myself pretty much a novice at this game and can definitely note a number of mistakes and missed opportunities, but for being an Indian-group animist nation with no potential for allies or even not-enemies in their vicinity, they've got a lot of potential with someone better than I am.

Some things to consider
-Play the beta patch because you don't get your unique ideas in the current version. That inflation reduction you get from Mutapan Ideas is the realest poo poo.
-Inflation is going to be your only constant in this cold, uncaring world. With Economic ideas, and an adviser you can get it to tick downward but learn to love paying extra for things. Just as I was teetering on the edge of uncontrollable inflation, one of the South African provinces I colonized decided to produce gold as well. Neat.
-Go to war ASAP with Kilwa. You can beat them and their vassal alone, but unlike you they have the capability to make friends right at the start. It's gonna be a meat grinder of a war regardless, so you're going to appreciate not having to force out a bunch of allies one by one. I was able to end this one by annexing their vassal, vassalizing Kilwa and then sitting idle for years and years desperately paying off the loans I owed to that mysterious always-lending international bank of infinite trust (I did not handle this war well and a better player probably won't be as in debt).
-Taking the standard path for Westernization (loop around Africa and into South America) puts you in a really good position to block Europe's stepping stones into Eastern trade and capitalize on it for yourself. In my game, Great Britain island-hopped from Mexico through the pacific, but at this point it's probably too little too late for them to make a difference.
-Norway somehow managed the first circumnavigation despite having no colonies, no allies, and ruling in exile in Iceland.

Gitro
May 29, 2013

Contrecoup posted:

I can't recall what goon did the suggestion for Mutapa but I gave them a whirl and I gotta give them a thumbs up. At about 1650 right now and it's been a lot of fun. I still consider myself pretty much a novice at this game and can definitely note a number of mistakes and missed opportunities, but for being an Indian-group animist nation with no potential for allies or even not-enemies in their vicinity, they've got a lot of potential with someone better than I am.

Some things to consider
-Play the beta patch because you don't get your unique ideas in the current version. That inflation reduction you get from Mutapan Ideas is the realest poo poo.
-Inflation is going to be your only constant in this cold, uncaring world. With Economic ideas, and an adviser you can get it to tick downward but learn to love paying extra for things. Just as I was teetering on the edge of uncontrollable inflation, one of the South African provinces I colonized decided to produce gold as well. Neat.
-Go to war ASAP with Kilwa. You can beat them and their vassal alone, but unlike you they have the capability to make friends right at the start. It's gonna be a meat grinder of a war regardless, so you're going to appreciate not having to force out a bunch of allies one by one. I was able to end this one by annexing their vassal, vassalizing Kilwa and then sitting idle for years and years desperately paying off the loans I owed to that mysterious always-lending international bank of infinite trust (I did not handle this war well and a better player probably won't be as in debt).
-Taking the standard path for Westernization (loop around Africa and into South America) puts you in a really good position to block Europe's stepping stones into Eastern trade and capitalize on it for yourself. In my game, Great Britain island-hopped from Mexico through the pacific, but at this point it's probably too little too late for them to make a difference.
-Norway somehow managed the first circumnavigation despite having no colonies, no allies, and ruling in exile in Iceland.

I think I've only ever seen Norway do the first circumnavigation.

Norwegian s are just good at sailing the globe.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I don't think I've ever seen anyone do a 2nd circumnavigation, so that's a good way to pick up some extra prestige in the late 1700s if you need it.

Contrecoup
Mar 30, 2015

Gitro posted:

I think I've only ever seen Norway do the first circumnavigation.

Norwegian s are just good at sailing the globe.

I just assumed they were offshoots of the vikings that first came to the Americas. They just show up in Iceland in centuries-outdated longboats like "what do you mean we're back where we started?"

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Getting a colonial war declared on you just before you finish westernisation is the most frustrating thing. I'm down to about halve of central America and no longer own any eastern seaboard provinces. And now Spain again. I might still be able to salvage this but I don't see how I can keep the Aztec religion with everything being catholic now. I'm wondering if I should bother. With all the provinces I cored I was pretty slow to get to admin 5 and start colonising in earnest. Maybe I'll restart and just let the countries which border the Atlantic alive. Though this might lead to terrible coalition wars in the initial phase.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.

Groogy posted:

Is there a count? I would prefer to play with as few additions as possible :/

He's talking about doing completely sweeping overhauls for that mod- like to the point of splitting the game in half at the 30 years war, writing the history files from the ground up etc.

that said, unlike pretty much all the other huge mods (in my opinion, anyway) he seems to actually be grounded in reality and understands that performance and playability are also important. :eyepop: It actually seems really cool.

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
so is common sense garbage? seems to be getting a lot of bad press in the steam review pile

A Buttery Pastry posted:

I may or may not have forgotten to set the mean time to happen for my population growth event back to its proper value after initially setting it to 1 month to make sure it worked.

cellulose mutation is a super strong trait

Soup du Journey fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Jul 24, 2015

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW

Doctor Schnabel posted:

so is common sense garbage? seems to be getting a lot of bad press in the steam review pile

cellulose mutation is a super strong trait

common sense is cool and good, paradox fans are a bunch of sperging babies.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
It's a pity they released it just before going on holiday though - I'm missing their usually-speedy bug fixing. The beta patch was a nice touch, but it's not as good as they usually are.

I respect their right to a good long holiday though.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Gort posted:

It's a pity they released it just before going on holiday though - I'm missing their usually-speedy bug fixing. The beta patch was a nice touch, but it's not as good as they usually are.

I respect their right to a good long holiday though.

What bugs/horrible imbalances are still there? Ive been playing with CS and the beta patch and never noticed anything wrong, besides some random CTD when loading games.

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

NEED TOILET PAPER posted:

common sense is cool and good, paradox fans are a bunch of sperging babies.
gently caress man i was just on the shitter, coulda gotten u that tp. maybe next time. thanks for the tip though! :tipshat:

Gort posted:

It's a pity they released it just before going on holiday though - I'm missing their usually-speedy bug fixing.
i think i still have ptsd from the last time this happened. i guess i should get it anyway though; i make terrible choices all the time

Acceptableloss
May 2, 2011

Numerous, effective and tenacious: We must remember to hire them next time....oh, nevermind.
So I'm playing my first game right now as Venice and planning to punch Alexandria out of the super Mamluks to extend my chain of trade nodes. Any tips for how to deal with them? They've gotten out of hand because I've pretty well crushed the Ottomans and taken Constantinople and the entire Baltic coast.

Also, how do I speed up my discovery of the cape of good hope? I want to be able to send fleets to Ethiopia and thereabouts asap to grab territory for the next step in the chain of trade nodes.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Doctor Schnabel posted:

They changed fort mechanics in the free patch so that forts actually do something by frustrating attackers and aiding defenders. People got mad over this really good gameplay change and downvoted the DLC that came out the same time as the free patch.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

Groogy posted:

Typus adds no new provinces, just fixes the projection.

Theatrum is adding a bunch of provinces. His stated goal is to hit Vicky 2 density in Europe I think, with less in the ROTW because the latest vanilla map update already has more detail than V2's does.

Doctor Schnabel posted:

CS is great.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Contrecoup posted:

Some things to consider

I started a Mutapa game and yeah, it's pretty fun. I'm a hundred years in and I've got South and East Africa under my thumb, two of the seven cities of gold, and am now just wondering about how to westernize. Plop a colony next to a trade company province, claim it, war for it, and then westernize? I'd rather not head west for a bit when I could spend that time monopolizing my east, but if that's what I have to do to Westernize I guess I will.

E: Oh wait you can westernize off a colony? I thought they acted the same as trade companies.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
There are people complaining about the fort mechanics? Seriously? Forts actually act like forts now. They're awesome. I guess I don't read the Paradox forums enough.

Anyways, Sun God game: Great Britain is attacking Muisca, I have 4/5 reforms done, and 53 provinces. Portugal finally started to colonize Brazil. I can feel the heat. It's 1568. Am I on track, or am I taking too long?

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

TTBF posted:

E: Oh wait you can westernize off a colony? I thought they acted the same as trade companies.

You can westernize off of colonies. So just make the hop to South America.

Node posted:

There are people complaining about the fort mechanics? Seriously? Forts actually act like forts now. They're awesome. I guess I don't read the Paradox forums enough.

I feel like there's some legitimate complaints about forts to be made, but I doubt those are the one people on the Paradox boards are making.
  • Forts can be easily bypassed by moving off a ZoC and into a third party. So if you want to prevent someone from chasing you all the way across your country, you have to be very careful about who has access where. For instance, as Brandenburg, I retreated into the North of my country, enemy Bohemia moved through my fort, into Pommerania, and then back into my province to stack wipe me. I think it would work better if you were forced to either complete the seige, or move back the way you came.
  • High level (lvl 7-9) forts take just a ludicrous amount of time to seige. I think either 4th level forts should be removed, or maybe Military Tech could add Siege Ability over time. The latter would help make 15th century fortifications useless by 1750 too, which would make sense.

PittTheElder fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Jul 24, 2015

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Node posted:

Anyways, Sun God game: Great Britain is attacking Muisca, I have 4/5 reforms done, and 53 provinces. Portugal finally started to colonize Brazil. I can feel the heat. It's 1568. Am I on track, or am I taking too long?

That's about where I was I believe so you should be fine. Assuming it won't take you like another 50 years or something to get close enough to a western colony to start westernizing.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Acceptableloss posted:

So I'm playing my first game right now as Venice and planning to punch Alexandria out of the super Mamluks to extend my chain of trade nodes. Any tips for how to deal with them? They've gotten out of hand because I've pretty well crushed the Ottomans and taken Constantinople and the entire Baltic coast.

Also, how do I speed up my discovery of the cape of good hope? I want to be able to send fleets to Ethiopia and thereabouts asap to grab territory for the next step in the chain of trade nodes.
Venice in northern Europe? And you need advice? It takes a while (I dont remember how long) for discoveries to spread. If you have designs on Egypt you could go through it and build boats on the other side. Or take the Exploration idea. Or both, heh.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Node posted:

A map would be helpful but it sounds like things are going fine. As long as you're not leaving them big empty areas to colonize into (and brazil/la plata are the big worries there) you should be decent.

PittTheElder posted:

You can westernize off of colonies. So just make the hop to South America.

Awesome. France just plopped down the first South American colony up in Colombia so I'll get to work on Brazil. Colonial range advisor let me skip colonizing anything outside of the South Africa trade node to get there. I guess I can just make a colony and release it once I'm done westernizing.

e:

Bort Bortles posted:

Venice in northern Europe? And you need advice? It takes a while (I dont remember how long) for discoveries to spread. If you have designs on Egypt you could go through it and build boats on the other side. Or take the Exploration idea. Or both, heh.

I believe discoveries spread in 1494, 1544, 1594, etc.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

TTBF posted:

I believe discoveries spread in 1494, 1544, 1594, etc.
Yeah, the time for spread of discoveries is 50 years. Which is terrible. How is Portugal ever going to have the literally 100 year head start it had historically in the Indian Ocean if everyone knows the route 50 years later? Okay, that's not actually a problem since no one in Europe seems to give a poo poo about India, but if they did it would matter.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

TTBF posted:

A map would be helpful but it sounds like things are going fine. As long as you're not leaving them big empty areas to colonize into (and brazil/la plata are the big worries there) you should be decent.

So cockblock their progress with colonies like you would if you were a European nation is what you're saying? Okay. I hope they don't get too mad about it.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Yeah, the time for spread of discoveries is 50 years. Which is terrible. How is Portugal ever going to have the literally 100 year head start it had historically in the Indian Ocean if everyone knows the route 50 years later? Okay, that's not actually a problem since no one in Europe seems to give a poo poo about India, but if they did it would matter.

The last game I played had RUSSIA taking all sorts of disconnected chunks of India. It couldn't get any trade value out of it, but they just had to get India for some reason.

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

Node posted:

I guess I don't read the Paradox forums enough

If you read even one post there, you've read too much.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Baronjutter posted:

The last game I played had RUSSIA taking all sorts of disconnected chunks of India.
My latest observer mode game featured such delights as Russian Alaska, Taiwan, Philippines, and Mexico. Not just talking a tiny chunk of Mexico either, it was modern day Mexico plus Alta California, minus the Yucatán Peninsula. A welcome reversal of the old Iberian Siberia.

Baronjutter posted:

It couldn't get any trade value out of it, but they just had to get India for some reason.
Obviously they had big plans. Would just need to punch down through Central Asia to get that poo poo flowing to Russia.

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

TTBF posted:

two of the seven cities of gold
speaking of which, how does El Dorado interact with sunset invasion ck2 conversions?

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Doctor Schnabel posted:

speaking of which, how does El Dorado interact with sunset invasion ck2 conversions?

The converter isn't up to date for the current CK2 and EU4 maps last I checked, so it doesn't work.

Anyway, Mutapa game: I westernized. It's a really weird world. Ottomans haven't expanded, Navarra is loose, the Europeans completely avoided Brazil, and what the hell is going on with Japan?

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
Should I support British Colombia's independence? :q: I'm halfway through westernization.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Node posted:

Should I support British Colombia's independence? :q: I'm halfway through westernization.

Don't support independence until you're at most one military tech behind. You don't want to get your army annihilated while westernizing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007
We're getting close to the start of the next MP goon game, August 1st. It's getting full but there's still some empty areas for players who haven't signed up yet. We could use another player in central Germany, either a Hesse, Palatinate, or Saxony or a country in central Germany of that caliber. The only horde we have is the Timurids, so there's room for a Kazan, Golden Horde or Crimea. Yemen or Oman are available and in West Africa you would have a quiet game for the first few sessions but Mali and Songhai are available. Chances are someone won't be able to make it on the day of so we might still have European countries available the day of.

Anyone who wants to sign up can do so here:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3730493

Just include your steam and what country you want or if you just want to fill in for someone. This'll be our first mp game using common sense, should be good.

• Locked thread