Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Fred Durst is BACK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I can't believe Jesus came back to do a WWE Yukes game

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Delsaber posted:

In a shocking twist, instead of getting its own sequel the entire roster of EA Sports UFC has been added to WWE 2K16 and that's why there's over 100 people in it.

This would be a day 1 purchase for me

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

its obviously Pete Rose, how bout it.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

I would like to play as Jerry The King Lawler and beat up everyone and have Ultimo Dragon style belts draped across me so I hope it's him.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

RaceyBucket posted:

I would like to play as Jerry The King Lawler and beat up everyone and have Ultimo Dragon style belts draped across me so I hope it's him.

Same but King would only be interested in the Divas' belts

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

In the Chamber of Understanding

MotU posted:

Same but King would only be interested in the Divas' belts

I think most of the divas are beyond his cutoff age.

Vilkata
Jun 22, 2004

How does WWE 2k15 handle on a mouse and keyboard?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I played some WCW vs NWO World Tour tonight (the game before WCW/NWO Revenge)

It holds up surprisingly well. I don't know what wizardry the Yukes guys used, but the AI is so great in these old games. I had basically a perfect match: the AI took the start, beat the crap out of me. Then I hit a desperation top rope flying kick and busted him open. I fought back for a bit but he cut me off, wore me down, but then I finally fought back and won.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Yeah having played 2k15 for a while now, I really wish they could tune the AI to give more of a back and forth vibe.

I'm enjoying the CAWs a bit, I mean the faces look janky but if I inject theme music in its not too bad.

I wish universe mode wasn't so buggy, because that's the best part of the game. Now if only there were an easy way to mod in new arenas so I could properly do Raw and Nitro.

Is there a Paige mod for PC that doesn't have crazy clipping? You'd think that it'd be easy to port the PS4 poo poo over.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Looking forward to Channing Tatum in 2k16

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Basic Chunnel posted:

Looking forward to Channing Tatum in 2k16

For real I hope its Bob Uecker or Drew Carey.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Drew Carey's only move will be offering his opponent cash.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
Yes, and with 2K16 we will finally have what we always wanted, tag team champions Florida Georgia Line

EDIT: I was going to say David Arquette, but yeah right, like WWE admits anything in WCW ever happened outside of the nWo.

Skunkrocker fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Jul 23, 2015

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

triplexpac posted:

I played some WCW vs NWO World Tour tonight (the game before WCW/NWO Revenge)

It holds up surprisingly well. I don't know what wizardry the Yukes guys used, but the AI is so great in these old games. I had basically a perfect match: the AI took the start, beat the crap out of me. Then I hit a desperation top rope flying kick and busted him open. I fought back for a bit but he cut me off, wore me down, but then I finally fought back and won.
Yukes wasn't involved in those games. They were developed by AKI.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Looking forward to making Bob Barker the WWE WHC.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Skunkrocker posted:

EDIT: I was going to say David Arquette, but yeah right, like WWE admits anything in WCW ever happened outside of the nWo.

WWE brought Arquette in for the Slammy Awards Raw a couple years back. IIRC, they openly acknowledged his WCW World Title reign, and he played a cocky Hollywood heel and took a powerbomb through a table.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

tzirean posted:

WWE brought Arquette in for the Slammy Awards Raw a couple years back. IIRC, they openly acknowledged his WCW World Title reign, and he played a cocky Hollywood heel and took a powerbomb through a table.

Holy poo poo I don't think I've ever seen this. I need to see it now.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Bard Maddox posted:

I just bought WWE 2k15. I won the NXT Title in like a month in mycareer and was told I had to defend it every week for 4 weeks. I got myself dq'd every match and immediately got moved up to the main roster. good game

So the Universe Mode is really bad? I mean at $16 it seems like it'd be worth it just to screw around but I'm hoping the Universe Mode books things at least somewhat decent.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Well there's Universe Mode and Career Mode. Career Mode is really impressive insofar as it's impressive it was shipped in such a state - it's the same sort of RPG-lite stat and ability grind that 2K sports games typically feature in their career modes but what few storylines are in it are few and far between and they clearly ran out of time / money before they could process sound for cutscenes - most of them are completely silent.

Universe mode is nothing amazing. There are 600-something pre-baked "storylines" but they're all more or less configurations of the same basic elements / wordless cutscenes with different outcomes (alignment turns, team breakups, extended title feuds, etc). It's slightly better than it used to be in terms of rivals fighting each other every single week but you'll still wish it leaned a bit harder on the stable / team aspect or something.

Basic Chunnel fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Jul 24, 2015

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
They better kill it with them being like the only 4 matches announced.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

TBH I have more fun in Universe Mode with the automatic story function shut off and letting show booking be straight-up determined by fights over title rankings. You still get occasional cutscenes of champions or rivals interfering in matches but it doesn't dominate the game (and you get #1 Contender matches the week before a PPV!) The only options I leave on are auto-storylines for Taker and the Royal Rumble winner.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Is there variety in the matches? One of the things I hated about Universe Mode was how they rarely had unique matches (triple thread, fatal four way) at the PPVs.

My favorite game still remains WWF Smackdown on the PS1. The season mode didn't really have rivalries or anything, it just booked stuff based on where you were ranked. Title matches didn't need to all be on a PPV and it mixed things up a lot. My roommates and I back in college would play it and each take our own wrestler. Was cool that you could get thrown in random matches for belts, have special referees, etc. I remember one roommate was great at the game and held the championship for a long time. He lost it in bullshit fashion in a fatal four way where he wasn't even pinned and was so pissed off. He got a rematch but it put one of my other roommates as the special guest ref and him being a dick, just hosed him over again. Kind of sad that a game 15 years old had a funner season/universe mode than today's games.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Universe mode needs stuff like guest referees and stables should get integrated with rivalries. Also if you do a tag rivalry it shouldn't always be tag matches, there should be singles matches. Oh and for singles rivalries they should do tag matches like they do in career, but also something like putting both rivals on the same tag team.

Has it always been a bit shallow? I do like it for setting up feuds easily, just wish I could assign managers and have a bit more variety.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Niwrad posted:

Is there variety in the matches? One of the things I hated about Universe Mode was how they rarely had unique matches (triple thread, fatal four way) at the PPVs.

My favorite game still remains WWF Smackdown on the PS1. The season mode didn't really have rivalries or anything, it just booked stuff based on where you were ranked. Title matches didn't need to all be on a PPV and it mixed things up a lot. My roommates and I back in college would play it and each take our own wrestler. Was cool that you could get thrown in random matches for belts, have special referees, etc. I remember one roommate was great at the game and held the championship for a long time. He lost it in bullshit fashion in a fatal four way where he wasn't even pinned and was so pissed off. He got a rematch but it put one of my other roommates as the special guest ref and him being a dick, just hosed him over again. Kind of sad that a game 15 years old had a funner season/universe mode than today's games.

:911:

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Universe mode is probably my favorite part of the WWE games, but it needs an overhaul. What they have done with 2K15 is a step in the right direction. I like the idea that when you set up a rivalry it isn't just "these guys fight for three months" but now it's "these guys fight for three months because guy 1 betrayed guy 2, and special guest guy 3 comes to form an evil alliance with guy 1 to spite guy 2."

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

1st AD posted:

Universe mode needs stuff like guest referees and stables should get integrated with rivalries. Also if you do a tag rivalry it shouldn't always be tag matches, there should be singles matches. Oh and for singles rivalries they should do tag matches like they do in career, but also something like putting both rivals on the same tag team.

Has it always been a bit shallow? I do like it for setting up feuds easily, just wish I could assign managers and have a bit more variety.
Every once in awhile you get tag rivalries that yield singles matches, or singles rivalries that have allies try and "get a measure of revenge" for their buds, but it's not very common. Also some of the pre-baked storylines start off with rivals together in a tag match and start the dissension from there. Honestly I think the games suffer from not having any sort of backstage / promo element at all. Endless silent movie conflict grates after awhile.

Niwrad posted:

Not if you've got feuds involving the title holders, I think. There used to be a multiman custom PPV gimmick (only in last-gen 2k15, strangely enough) but it's not there in the current version. Without feuds it should happen at least sometimes. And if nothing else, you can always customize the matches. The big downside of 2k14 (the reason I recommend 2k15 if you have to get something on last-gen) was that if you played it long enough it would poo poo the bed any time you put the title up in a triple threat / four-way, or if you tried to play a Rumble.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

You know what would make a massive difference? Making AI tag matches in universe mode not a horrible slog.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Some of the gimmick matches might be better if Universe mode didn't bug out. Like if you play through a Royal Rumble...the game doesn't recognize the character's Royal Rumble win at all. And if it's a non-roster character I don't think you can even manually create the Royal Rumble vs. Champion storyline either.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Next gen 2K15 is also missing a ton of match modes from the last gen games including tornado tag team matches

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Basic Chunnel posted:

Every once in awhile you get tag rivalries that yield singles matches, or singles rivalries that have allies try and "get a measure of revenge" for their buds, but it's not very common. Also some of the pre-baked storylines start off with rivals together in a tag match and start the dissension from there. Honestly I think the games suffer from not having any sort of backstage / promo element at all. Endless silent movie conflict grates after awhile.

I've been getting a ton of single matches in tag team feuds for whatever reason.

I liked how in Smackdown 2 (I think) they would have cutscenes with someone cutting a promo, but there would be zero indication what they were saying. It was pretty hilarious, you just filled in the blanks in your head.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

How likely is it that Hogan gets removed from the 2k16 roster? They were able to pull Benoit out at the last minute for 2008, weren't they?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

They haven't gone gold yet so there's no reason they couldn't. At the least they'd lock out the content until some hacker puts it back in.

I mean he never feuded with SCSA, right?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Hobo Clown posted:

How likely is it that Hogan gets removed from the 2k16 roster? They were able to pull Benoit out at the last minute for 2008, weren't they?

I'd say it's very likely he gets pulled, yeah.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I hope they replace him with Steven Richards.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

2K16 Roster: every wrestler who feuded with Stone Cold minus ones no longer with WWE, a bunch of main roster people for completion sake, some NXT folks, a couple of random people for shits and giggles, and Arnold.

2K16 Community Downloads: Chris Benoit, CM Punk, The Hardy Boys, and a million Hulk Hogans.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Basic Chunnel posted:

I mean he never feuded with SCSA, right?

Didn't Austin wrestle Hall at WrestleMania 18 because he didn't want to job to Hogan?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Timby posted:

Didn't Austin wrestle Hall at WrestleMania 18 because he didn't want to job to Hogan?

I'm not sure jobbing was even the thing. I don't think he'd take the match even if he went over, I seem to remember hearing that he wanted nothing to do with Hogan at all.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I started a TEW game in a 1987 mod, and the AI WWF immediately had Hulk Hogan put over Ric Flair (freshly signed from JCP) and Jake Roberts before turning him heel.

I'm not sure what that has to do with him being a racist, but it's been interesting to watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
What if the non-wrestler 2k16 character is Ryu in a cross-promotion :aaaaa: