Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

icantfindaname posted:

i don't feel like wading into the primary thread, have hillary's poll numbers started to waver under the nonstop scandal circus or is she as slippery as ever?

i mean if you wanted numbers from before the nonstop scandal circus you'd need to go back to 1990 or something and i don't know if those figures are online

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Zeroisanumber posted:

When I was really into hunting back in the early 00's, there was a year where hunters killed ~300,000 deer in a single season. While that was a high season, we still routinely kill about 150,000 per year up here. We have some wolves, but certainly not enough to thoroughly cull the deer herd. So if we didn't hunt them, we'd very shortly be up to our knees in deer.

Wolves have become a problem here due to the deer. Yay messing with nature.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Joementum posted:

By the way, those for you who initially guessed MRA... ding ding ding, correct!

YUSS!

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

DemeaninDemon posted:

Wolves have become a problem here due to the deer. Yay messing with nature.

so we just import bears to deal with the wolves

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

as it turns out nobody who was previously on the fence about hillary cares whether or not she used the wrong email address

Which is why they want the DOJ to start investigating her for mishandling classified materials (even though the materials weren't classified until after she left Stae)

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Joementum posted:

By the way, those for you who initially guessed MRA... ding ding ding, correct!

That isn't what MRA means.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Aerox posted:

In a complete non-surprise, Fox is trying to paint him as an apolitical "troubled and erratic" "drifter" who liked to "hustle."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/07/24/gunman-reportedly-opens-fire-at-la-movie-theater/

The comments update in real time too, so you can see a live-stream of racism and people screaming that he's a democrat.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Which is why they want the DOJ to start investigating her for mishandling classified materials (even though the materials weren't classified until after she left Stae)

They're not investigating her.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Jewel Repetition posted:

Not letting women have an opinion's roughly 1/3 of the MRA movement.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Jewel Repetition posted:

I thought Men's Rights Activist, which it really isn't "activism" per se. I guess if you call talking about a issue in a echo chamber activism, was that they were against Equality for women and men.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Jewel Repetition posted:

If you are opposed to feminism, sorry you are.

meristem
Oct 2, 2010
I HAVE THE ETIQUETTE OF STIFF AND THE PERSONALITY OF A GIANT CUNT.

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

If you made a Venn diagram for 9/11 truthers, MRA and Obama Haters, how much overlap would there be.
Well, there's that gamer study that women-haters are basically low - status males / losers. So....

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

They're not investigating her.

And they probably won't either. Won't stop Republicans from demanding it because "inspector generals said so!" though.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

ComradeCosmobot posted:

And they probably won't either. Won't stop Republicans from demanding it because "inspector generals said so!"

Actually if they just repeat to their idiotic base that they are indeed opening the process of investigating or just outright say that she is under investigation, even if she isn't. It starts the inertia.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

ComradeCosmobot posted:

And they probably won't either. Won't stop Republicans from demanding it because "inspector generals said so!" though.

That's not what the IG said though, but you're right on the second part.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Nonsense posted:

I'm an MRA as well as a feminist.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Source your quotes.

Or are you the IG who investigated?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Jewel Repetition posted:

Reform marriage law I agree.

meristem
Oct 2, 2010
I HAVE THE ETIQUETTE OF STIFF AND THE PERSONALITY OF A GIANT CUNT.

Jewel Repetition posted:

How do you handle the cognitive dissonance?

queertea
Jun 4, 2013

Not Fade Away

Jewel Repetition posted:

I think you're terribly confused about the meaning of one or both of those identifications.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

How does someone who has been involuntarily committed get a gun? I mean, I know it's always and forever too soon to talk about these things, but it has always been my understanding that's one of the big ones that will disqualify you. And that you frequently have your existing ones taken away. A few articles say his wife removed all the guns from the house at that time, so where'd this one come from? Did she give them back, or maybe did he get it at a gun show or what?

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Jewel Repetition posted:

This is literally not possible, because the MRA "movement" is in direct opposition to modern feminism.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

meristem posted:

How do you handle the cognitive dissonance?

#AllGendersMatter

electric funeral
Oct 16, 2004

ACCIO PANTIES
*swoosh flick*

haveblue posted:

#AllGendersMatter

Men is rights.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
DoJ says no criminal investigation into Hillary's emails.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

site posted:

Not only no investigation, they weren't even asked to do it. It's a bullshit rumor.

Elijah Cummings posted:

"I spoke personally to the State Department inspector general on Thursday, and he said he never asked the Justice Department to launch a criminal investigation of Secretary Clinton's email usage,” Cummings said in a statement, as quoted by The Hill.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Nonsense posted:

Mysoginy and MRA aren't exactly the same thing. All MRAs are misogynists, but not all mysoginists are not necessarily MRAs. Like this guy I doubt gave a gently caress about any particular MRA issues.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

site posted:

Shocking. Truly shocking. Another by-product of the right-wing bullshit factory.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Alter Ego posted:

Shocking. Truly shocking. Another by-product of the right-wing bullshit factory.

This wasn't the Right though, this was just the NYT being straight up vindictive.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

mlmp08 posted:

Source your quotes.

Or are you the IG who investigated?

I should clarify that "they" is Republicans/Hillary opponents, because they want anything they can get on Hillary. And yes, while it's bogus, that's not gonna stop Republicans from making insinuations and claims that Obama is stopping the investigation for political reasons.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
Quote of the moment from CNBC's John Harwood: "what is "splooging"? Like the sound of it "

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
What was Houser's opinion on tipping.

And on how to cook a steak.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

gradenko_2000 posted:

What was Houser's opinion on tipping.

And on how to cook a steak.

Same as yours.

a rowdy mullet
Feb 12, 2009
In other news, Ted Cruz just unleashed 20 minutes of double barrel, purestrain insanity directed at Mitch Mcconnell :stare:

e: and he even have a nice shoutout to Bernie! :3:

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

quote:

In recent days, as Donald Trump has come to dominate the GOP presidential contest, other Republican candidates have employed extreme measures to gain attention as they seek to qualify for the first GOP debate scheduled in two weeks. Rand Paul chain-sawed through the tax code. Lindsey Graham lit a cell phone on fire. With this move, Cruz targeted a Republican leader who has not been too popular among the GOP tea party base. And, at least, he was guaranteed coverage on C-SPAN.

:unsmigghh:

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

And then immediately went on Rush to talk about it.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

I love how nuts the Republican candidates have had to be in order to grab airtime from Donald Trump.

Trump 4 lyfe.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Warcabbit posted:

Now that's nuts. How do they do it? Even spear hunting, you need a crossguard or it will go up the spear and kill the gently caress out of you.

Tree stands, and compound bows (to say nothing of crossbows) have insane penetrating power. Fill a 5 gallon bucket with sand and shoot it with a 270 or 30.06 rifle. Then shoot it with a 60+ pound draw compound bow and look how much further in the arrow goes.

You don't 'need' a tree stand but if you're boar hunting without one you're loving insane regardless of the weapon you're using. Boars will run your rear end down in a way that even most bears wouldn't.

greatn posted:

Why don't we just farm the god drat things and systematically exterminate the rest? loving deer. Whoever shot Bambi's mom is the greatest villain in history because he failed to finish the job and kill Bambi.

There are deer farms. Vension is also expensive as hell though.

whitey delenda est posted:

This is pretty troubling, I'm just hoping that said begging will fall on 5-4 deaf ears.

Kennedy is pretty anti-abortion so I could see him striking it down. At that point the best we can hope for is that the dissent begins with: "[conservative justices], do you like Huey Lewis and the News?"

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Jewel Repetition posted:

Feminism is defined as "equal rights for men and women" whereas MRAs are about advancing men's rights. So you can't be one or the other; they're mutually exclusive. If you're concerned about men's issues such as being expected to be the lead in the house and be the money maker, and that men can't talk about sensitive issues, feminism is addressing these issues.

There's nothing good about being an MRA as the entire movement is toxic and more about trying to lay down "sick burns" into feminism. I suggest you distance from labeling yourself as such immediately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Don't forget calling out the silly legislative theater of "repealing" Obamacare. :allears:

• Locked thread