Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
*frantically searches Youtube for a Theme From Shaft polka cover*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

Rhyno posted:

Just here. People loving love him.

Not just here. People on /co/ loving hate his guts. Well, more so than they usually hate anyone's guts.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Well, hell if 4chan hates him, who am I to argue.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Angry Walrus posted:

Not just here. People on /co/ loving hate his guts. Well, more so than they usually hate anyone's guts.

Well next you're gonna say tumblr think's he's a bigot and reddit likes naked children

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Is his mask reminiscent of Shaft's mustache on purpose?

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

Booblord Zagats posted:

Well next you're gonna say tumblr think's he's a bigot and reddit likes naked children

Honestly tumblr could have and should have made more of a stink about the creepy asian sexdoll thing he had going with Silk when he introduced her.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It is sort of remarkable how much better Silk is in her own series compared to "oh peter, please give me your spider-cock"

Mimir
Nov 26, 2012
Hey, can I make a request? I need to see some panels of Claremont-era Sunfire being a prick.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I hope the post-SW "EIGHT MONTHS LATER" thing doesn't magically get rid of her neat mentor relationship with Jameson.

Vengeance of Pandas
Sep 8, 2008

THE TERRIBLE POST WENT THATAWAY!

All Star Section Eight 1 and 2.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
Context is for the weak of heart!

Harley Quinn #18

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

bobkatt013 posted:

Alright someone is going to jail

Why are Conan O'Brien and Andy Richter accosting Madman? :stare:

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Jiro posted:

Why are Conan O'Brien and Andy Richter--

--accosting Madman?!

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

The Question IRL posted:

Just a quick update here.

Doom and the Masters of Evil is a fun series from the mid 2004's by Paul Tobin who did a lot of the Marvel Adventures stuff. Also the Pet Avengers which was awesome.

Issue 1 is the above scans where Doom threatens the Sinister Six to do a job for him.

Issue 2 is the issue where Doom recruits the Circus of Crime (AKA the one group of Marvel characters who will never be in the MCU.) and has them fight the Masters of Evil.
It's pretty awesome.

Issue 3 has unquestionably one of the best Recap pages ever produced. And in fact it could be just the recap page for every comic featuring Doom ever.

Zandow was in Agent Carter. (Also, why?)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Context is for the weak of heart!

Harley Quinn #18

...OK, I'm officially over the Killing Joke cover.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
I'd like to point out that that DOOM mini was the one where he went through a series of shenanigans in order to get... a wish. A wish that would give him the power to erase his greatest enemy from existence.

Not Reed Richards.

Doom uses his one wish to eliminate his ability to feel guilt, thus eliminating his sole weakness.

This was an all-ages, Marvel Adventures-style book! It was amazing!

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

How loving dare you

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

zoux posted:

His She Hulk run is really good too. Is gently caress Slott a widespread opinion or just here?

The first half of his She-Hulk run is really good. The second half when there were terrible tie-ins with other Marvel things and that goofy Earth-B bit for how come comics characters sometimes act wildly out of character were not so good.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I think sometime during She-Hulk is when Dan Slott suffered a small stroke or was replaced by a pod person, because every single thing he's written since 2007 has been awful, whereas he was fairly inoffensive before then, and even wrote some great stuff.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

I'd like to point out that that DOOM mini was the one where he went through a series of shenanigans in order to get... a wish. A wish that would give him the power to erase his greatest enemy from existence.

Not Reed Richards.

Doom uses his one wish to eliminate his ability to feel guilt, thus eliminating his sole weakness.

This was an all-ages, Marvel Adventures-style book! It was amazing!

He starts off the story by becoming immortal, then trades it in for a wish because it's not like DOOM needs immortality to live forever and conquer all.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

The Question IRL posted:

Just a quick update here.

Doom and the Masters of Evil is a fun series from the mid 2004's by Paul Tobin who did a lot of the Marvel Adventures stuff. Also the Pet Avengers which was awesome.

Issue 1 is the above scans where Doom threatens the Sinister Six to do a job for him.

Issue 2 is the issue where Doom recruits the Circus of Crime (AKA the one group of Marvel characters who will never be in the MCU.) and has them fight the Masters of Evil.
It's pretty awesome.

Issue 3 has unquestionably one of the best Recap pages ever produced. And in fact it could be just the recap page for every comic featuring Doom ever.

This should be the recap page for every issue of Secret Wars.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Avulsion posted:

He starts off the story by becoming immortal, then trades it in for a wish because it's not like DOOM needs immortality to live forever and conquer all.

He only got immortality in the first place just so he would recognize the sensation when he eventually discovered it on his own.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Only tangentially related, but I laughed, so somebody else might, too.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Silver Age Quran is so weird. Mohammed (PBUH) fights Saracen Ape!

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

zoux posted:

Silver Age Quran is so weird. Mohammed (PBUH) fights Saracen Ape!

I still can't believed they ret-conned out Mohammed's ability to shoot mini-prophets from his finger tips.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

They hosed up Mohammed's reboot so badly, it is now illegal to own comics featuring him in most of the Islamic world.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...
Allah's run on Uncanny Quran was my favorite, but it sucks that it retconned Luke's run on All-New Bible and made Jesus' resurrection not cannon.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Don't get me started on the movies.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Mohammad: If you don't eat this whole desert of sand, I'll issue a fatwa making you haram!
Jimmy Olson: I know Mo is under the power of the evil Djinn Blossom, but if I let on he'll kill Fatima

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

DrProsek posted:

Allah's run on Uncanny Quran was my favorite, but it sucks that it retconned Luke's run on All-New Bible and made Jesus' resurrection not cannon.

Jesus couldn't turn water into wine back then, they still had the comics code

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
From the latest chapter of the Sonic & Mega Man & a dozen other things Worlds Unite crossover:

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Starring Guile as Every BSS Poster Reacting to Sonic Comics.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

zoux posted:

Djinn Blossom

"Hey Jealousy" is a great song.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Wanderer posted:

From the latest chapter of the Sonic & Mega Man & a dozen other things Worlds Unite crossover:

THIS IS BULLSHIT
YOU CAN'T GROUND GUILE

That reminds me, does anyone have that short comic from the first Sonic/Mega Man crossover where they have the excessively annoying cockney character from Sonic meeting the grizzled cop from Mega Man who looks like he's one second away from murdering everyone in a five-mile radius?

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Gavok posted:

THIS IS BULLSHIT
YOU CAN'T GROUND GUILE

That reminds me, does anyone have that short comic from the first Sonic/Mega Man crossover where they have the excessively annoying cockney character from Sonic meeting the grizzled cop from Mega Man who looks like he's one second away from murdering everyone in a five-mile radius?

Here you go!

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Veotax posted:

Here you go!

Beautiful.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Also, dude, that... whatever-she-is is so Australian Paul Hogan looks at her while sneering at a Foster's and goes "gently caress me, she's REALLY Australian".

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
:drat: Flash is having none of Bats' poo poo today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
meanwhile Hal Jordan is somewhere being completely useless