Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

I for one, will not be breaking my marriage vows by loving up to 12 companions including Dogmeat and Codsworth, a canine and a Mr. Handy robot, respectively.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Pwnstar posted:

I for one, will not be breaking my marriage vows by loving up to 12 companions including Dogmeat and Codsworth, a canine and a Mr. Handy robot, respectively.

I hope there's an achievement for being faithful to my dead waifu :colbert: and never taking that ring off!!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

frajaq posted:

I hope there's an achievement for being faithful to my dead waifu :colbert: and never taking that ring off!!

I for one am glad that Bethesda didn't forget the ring.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Pwnstar posted:

It's not gay if it's a robot

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

ImpAtom posted:

I have to say that "there are 12 companion characters, all of them bisexual" is a legitimate step back from New Vegas which was perfectly willing to recognize the existence of gay and lesbian people and maybe even the idea someone didn't want to gently caress your player character.

You broke my loving heart, Cass!

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Goons. Goons are never happy.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

bing_commander posted:

my mod will remove sex and give everyone more modest underwear

You should call it the "Mormon Jesus" mod

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

Lotish posted:

she tried to gently caress you after the battle but there was some nobody NCR trooper in your bed instead.

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Please let there be a usable chrome spray paint item. If I die in this game, I must ensure I go to Vallhalla all shiny and chrome.

Rabidredneck
Oct 30, 2010

Not pleasant when angered.

Lotish posted:

Hey now, in one of Cass's endings she did drunkenly invade a room fully intending to have her way with you. It's just that it was the wrong room, and that NCR soldier in there did look rather hunky, no sense in wasting the moment...

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Man Whore posted:

she tried to gently caress you after the battle but there was some nobody NCR trooper in your bed instead.

I knew I should have taken the ranger armor off.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Man Whore posted:

I thought she was just too drunk to find the right room

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Magmarashi posted:

Goons. Goons are never happy.

I'm pretty happy knowing that Fallout 4 will be trash.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

SunAndSpring posted:

Thank god they didn't bring traits back! I'd hate to have more choices for my character, especially choices that enforce certain playstyles because of the drawbacks associated with traits. I just want to be a generic guy who can do all the quests in the game for everyone and shoot all the weapons because I hate replaying video games. I just wanna do em all in one go.

Wait, traits actually did things other than turn on the pop-culture references?

I mean, I guess that changes your playstyle somehow...

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

Azhais posted:

I thought she was just too drunk to find the right room

maybe, point is you got cucked by a nobody, get hosed courier.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Fibby Boy posted:

I'm pretty happy knowing that Fallout 4 will be trash.

:cawg:

Posts like this is what makes me enjoy this thread so much

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Honest question: Is there any chance of Obsidian getting to do a Fallout: Denver or whatever after FO4? Is there any silver lining to this poo poo game?

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

NotALizardman posted:

Honest question: Is there any chance of Obsidian getting to do a Fallout: Denver or whatever after FO4? Is there any silver lining to this poo poo game?

No.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

Bethesda will dry their tears over their trash video game with the massive amount of money it will get.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

SunAndSpring posted:

I like how they are very secretive with this game, almost as if they are trying to hide how lovely awesome it is from the general public until it releases. gently caress that nerd, Josh Sawyer, for talking with fans, taking input from them and giving them information to tide them over until release. The only thing a dev should take from a fan is their money for making loving radical games like FALLOUT 4.
Kinda hard to ask about your favourite mods to port from a game that is not released yet.

NotALizardman posted:

No

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

NotALizardman posted:

Maybe? Right now they're focusing on their own IP as they should.

also there was that 85 Metacritic debacle for NV...

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

NotALizardman posted:

I'm more optimistic than most and I recall a while ago that Obsidian at least is willing to go for it.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

gently caress

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

They already did all the Van Buren ideas in New Vegas, except for the ones Fallout 3 itself stole.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

frajaq posted:

Maybe? Right now they're focusing on their own IP as they should.

also there was that 85 Metacritic debacle for NV...

What are they working on right now? I know Armored Warfare which probably isn't going to do to well because all the tank spergs I know have moved over to the more realistic war thunder.

World of tanks is so loving awful why would you emulate it.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing's happening! :stonk: Yet more win from the geniuses at Bethesda. :allears:

i seriously wonder how much of the disappointment some people are feeling is due to the fact that they're moving out of the target age-range that the game is being developed for, and the frustration that comes with realizing that something you loved as a kid is no longer meant for you to enjoy.

most of the poo poo they're revealing sounds awful to me too, but now i'm a dad with a wife and a mortgage. i'm no longer in their target demo of pre/teenaged boys ages 13 - 19

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Man Whore posted:

What are they working on right now? I know Armored Warfare which probably isn't going to do to well because all the tank spergs I know have moved over to the more realistic war thunder.

The Pillars of Eternity expansions, which they even are making a Card game and a Board game around IIRC

Also yeah that Armored Warfare...thing

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Man Whore posted:

What are they working on right now?

Expansions for Pillars.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

homeless poster posted:

i seriously wonder how much of the disappointment some people are feeling is due to the fact that they're moving out of the target age-range that the game is being developed for, and the frustration that comes with realizing that something you loved as a kid is no longer meant for you to enjoy.

most of the poo poo they're revealing sounds awful to me too, but now i'm a dad with a wife and a mortgage. i'm no longer in their target demo of pre/teenaged boys ages 13 - 19

No, you are just getting old and forgot the meaning of fun.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Man Whore posted:

They're also a part of some MMO, god help them.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

homeless poster posted:

This makes no sense because they could just write something good for the game targeted at whatever demographic, instead of bad.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I don't think you're forced to name your character Mr Fuckface guys!!!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

This makes no sense because they could just write something good for the game targeted at whatever demographic, instead of bad.

In many open world games people care more about the sense of freedom or ability to do what they like over the actual strength of the writing. :ssh:

Part of the reason there is a fairly strong pro-Fallout 3 crowd is that, like it or not, they felt like this catered to them more despite NV having about as close to objectively better writing for its core plot and companions.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

At the end of Fallout 4: A Todd Howard Masterpiece, much like in Telltale Games and other adventure games players will see a screen telling them what percentage of players chose which moral choices, alongside other statistics.
Bethesda will be shocked to find that almost 60% of players were named "Todd Howard is a smelly nerd," Codsworth of course agreeing.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Codsworth is my homeboy

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

I'm going to gently caress Codsworth

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

ImpAtom posted:

In many open world games people care more about the sense of freedom or ability to do what they like over the actual strength of the writing. :ssh:

Part of the reason there is a fairly strong pro-Fallout 3 crowd is that, like it or not, they felt like this catered to them more despite NV having about as close to objectively better writing for its core plot and companions.

That also makes no sense because New Vegas has better freedom to do what you want within the game. A lot of Fallout 3 fans don't like that because it means they can fail quests.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Funky Valentine posted:

Codsworth is my homeboy

I'm gonna mod out the companion limit so he can use all his hands to circle jerk me, Preston and Dogmeat. After a few creative tweaks with the crafting system, of course.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

that's my point. the quality of what they're doing is static and unchanging. it's just your perceptions that are changing because you are no longer amused by / interested in the same things that you were when you were younger. on a nostalgic level, for example, i can enjoy the original live action TMNT movies because i saw them in the theater when i was a kid. i can't / don't enjoy the newest michael bay interpretation, because i've moved past being entertained by the kind of stuff that i would have enjoyed as a kid. it's not that the children's movie from 1990 is better than the children's movie from 2014, it's that kid things aren't entertaining to me personally any more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

That also makes no sense because New Vegas has better freedom to do what you want within the game. A lot of Fallout 3 fans don't like that because it means they can fail quests.

"Freedom to do what you like" and "If you do the wrong thing you fail quests" don't necessarily go hand-in-hand. Not everyone plays video games to be challenged.

See also: you can gently caress anyone.

• Locked thread