Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pews
Mar 7, 2006

one thousand years of anime
Grimey Drawer

Ciaphas posted:

The fact that you can't glamour into crafter or gatherer AF (especially weaver AF) as a combat class is a loving crime against humanity

The new WVR red seal poo poo looks amazing too. Need to be able to use it with the glamour pimp cane from gold saucer :( maybe one day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Vil posted:

Alternatively, rack up 3,000 commendations and you get a fat burd with a miter.

Why would you tell me this? I don't even have 500 for the Gold Magitek yet. :(

Silvergun1000
Sep 17, 2007

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.

Vahalla posted:

That's with having a botanist and a miner at 60, I assume? 16-24 scrip per node, 2 nodes per day per gatherer class. I'm just a miner and still hit 200 last night.

I've had 0 luck with the red scrip fishing targets so far. Is it feasible to go after them with the 150 rod and a full set of trailblazer gear? Went through a full stack of the blue scrip bait for them and didn't catch a single one.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Why would you tell me this? I don't even have 500 for the Gold Magitek yet. :(

Time to come up with an amazing gimmick name and pony up a few bucks

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Vahalla posted:

That's with having a botanist and a miner at 60, I assume? 16-24 scrip per node, 2 nodes per day per gatherer class. I'm just a miner and still hit 200 last night.

Yeah, having both miner and botanist at 60 is critical. It literally doubles your collection rate. And you have a slim (9%) chance of getting 4 items per node. Basically you do

Discerning Eye -> Impulsive Appraisal

Discerning Eye -> Impulsive Appraisal

Discerning Eye -> Methodical Appraisal

and if the DE from Impulsive procs, you replace the net DE with Single Mind for an extra gather. Guaranteed 2 items, 42% chance for 3, 9% chance for 4. Average 2.6 per node.

Also strongly recommend having 650 GP in order to use Sharp Vision to guarantee gathering success.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Tenzarin posted:

1.Focus getting 30 cards to unlock a 2 star deck so you can use all 2 stars cards instead of 1 stars.
2.Google search the ff14 forums for TT start guide it helps you do this
3.Create 7 accounts, lvl them to 15, feed yourself to win the tournament and hold 8 of the highest ranks.

I have 41 cards. I was real crestfallen that the 2nd unlock wasn't at 40 instead at 60? Godddamn that is far away.

I only want to know if ****** cards are literally impossible to get without the expansion despite the person using them against me being in a stating newbie zone that requires no expansion to get to.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Ciaphas posted:

The fact that you can't glamour into crafter or gatherer AF (especially weaver AF) as a combat class is a loving crime against humanity

Warrior with CUL glamour would be #1

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Silvergun1000 posted:

I've had 0 luck with the red scrip fishing targets so far. Is it feasible to go after them with the 150 rod and a full set of trailblazer gear? Went through a full stack of the blue scrip bait for them and didn't catch a single one.

I had no trouble, and I was only using bladed steel jigs. Make sure to be using Patience/Patience 2, that really really helps with catching HQs, especially when the fish is only up for a few minutes at a time.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Krinkle posted:

I have 41 cards. I was real crestfallen that the 2nd unlock wasn't at 40 instead at 60? Godddamn that is far away.

I only want to know if ****** cards are literally impossible to get without the expansion despite the person using them against me being in a stating newbie zone that requires no expansion to get to.

Just get the expansion? You need it eventually anyways and not having it is clearly holding you back from what you want to do.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Silvergun1000 posted:

Are you gunning for the highest level red scrip fish? Those are usually (always?) folklore fish. The lower tier red scrip fish is catchable by anyone in Trailblazer and will cap you really quick.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Ciaphas posted:

I'm still so mad I can't loving glamour miner AF onto my warrior.

I want to break faces with a loving pick. :mad:

EDIT: Scythe for my DRK :emo:

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Picking up my first DoL from playing MRD, I had hoped to bill myself as THE ANGRIEST BOTANIST IN ALL OF EORZEA.

Sadly, this was not to be.

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

that's going on my fave list

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Krinkle posted:

There are a bunch of cards that drop only in Heavensward dungeons and a ton of Triple Triad NPCs in Heavensward areas. If you seriously want to do "endgame" Triple Triad, you WILL need Heavensward and to finish the 2.x MSQ in order to access areas, and probably the HW story as well as in order to get to and unlock areas with Triple Triad NPCs, as well as to do the dungeons and fights that drop cards.

Silvergun1000
Sep 17, 2007

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.

Eej posted:

Are you gunning for the highest level red scrip fish? Those are usually (always?) folklore fish. The lower tier red scrip fish is catchable by anyone in Trailblazer and will cap you really quick.

I tried both (Tiny Axotls and something from Clearpool in WCH), didn't have any success with either. FF14Angler said they had the highest catch rate on blood leeches, but I had no luck when them.

Edit: Looked at today's fish, and one of them is Thunderbolt Eels, which I've definitely caught before. Maybe I just had some really bad luck!

Silvergun1000 fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Jul 25, 2015

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Warrior with CUL glamour would be #1

omg now I am legit loving depressed that this will never be :smithicide:

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

omg now I am legit loving depressed that this will never be :smithicide:

http://www.garlandtools.org/db/#item/6972

Close enough?

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Silvergun1000 posted:

I tried both (Tiny Axotls and something from Clearpool in WCH), didn't have any success with either. FF14Angler said they had the highest catch rate on blood leeches, but I had no luck when them.

Edit: Looked at today's fish, and one of them is Thunderbolt Eels, which I've definitely caught before. Maybe I just had some really bad luck!

Thunderbolt Eels are really easy to catch and I got 200 scrips yesterday in two in game evenings. You can probably easily get all your scrips done today with plenty of time to spare, even.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Speaking of princess dressup, I'm so disappointed that the tanking gear you get from the Dravarian Forelands is Weaver-gear.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

SirPhoebos posted:

Speaking of princess dressup, I'm so disappointed that the tanking gear you get from the Dravarian Forelands is Weaver-gear.

You'll love Great Gubal Library then.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

SirPhoebos posted:

That set is actually insanely good

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

nuru posted:

You'll love Great Gubal Library then.

Cool, that's the one I have to do now for the MSQ too.

Silvergun1000
Sep 17, 2007

Eej posted:

Thunderbolt Eels are really easy to catch and I got 200 scrips yesterday in two in game evenings. You can probably easily get all your scrips done today with plenty of time to spare, even.

Nice! What were you using the catch them, just bladed steel jigs?

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Bladed Steel Jigs, Trailblazer & Raptorskin belt, level 50 accs lightly melded and a HQ Birch Fishing Rod.

Pews
Mar 7, 2006

one thousand years of anime
Grimey Drawer
So I have literally only heard people talk of how terrible it is but... are there any guides on how best to level up desynthesis?

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
I was kind of enjoying this and then Alex came out and I finished it and now I don't think I have anything actually motivating me to play this anymore. I took a break for a few days and came back and immediately realized I didn't know why I was still playing it.

I can't find a static for Savage, so that's probably not happening. It'll take a long-rear end time to gear out anyways, and a lot more hours of grinding than I really want to do for any game. I don't see why anyone would want to run the same two expert dungeons repeatedly for weeks, and running Alex repeatedly is a loving trainwreck (just had another loving Alex 1 party drop out because the other DPS's were so bad we kept hitting enrage :psyduck:), especially considering the fights themselves aren't all that fun to the point you want to run them repeatedly. The ilvl 200 gear for BLM is ugly enough that I don't even have Pretty Princess Dressup motivation, either. My FC never seems to be around when I want to do content, and the friend who got me back into this game now just plays a bunch of PvP which I'm not into.

Basically if this game had had credits roll after I beat Alex the first time, I would have just considered it done uninstalled it, and probably have been a lot happier with it.

So what else is there to do until the next content patch comes out? Like what's going to keep y'all subscribed for the next few months?

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

Pews posted:

So I have literally only heard people talk of how terrible it is but... are there any guides on how best to level up desynthesis?

Yup!

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

abraham linksys posted:

I was kind of enjoying this and then Alex came out and I finished it and now I don't think I have anything actually motivating me to play this anymore. I took a break for a few days and came back and immediately realized I didn't know why I was still playing it.

I can't find a static for Savage, so that's probably not happening. It'll take a long-rear end time to gear out anyways, and a lot more hours of grinding than I really want to do for any game. I don't see why anyone would want to run the same two expert dungeons repeatedly for weeks, and running Alex repeatedly is a loving trainwreck (just had another loving Alex 1 party drop out because the other DPS's were so bad we kept hitting enrage :psyduck:), especially considering the fights themselves aren't all that fun to the point you want to run them repeatedly. The ilvl 200 gear for BLM is ugly enough that I don't even have Pretty Princess Dressup motivation, either. My FC never seems to be around when I want to do content, and the friend who got me back into this game now just plays a bunch of PvP which I'm not into.

Basically if this game had had credits roll after I beat Alex the first time, I would have just considered it done uninstalled it, and probably have been a lot happier with it.

So what else is there to do until the next content patch comes out? Like what's going to keep y'all subscribed for the next few months?

Why are you asking us to convince you to play it? If you don't want to play any more, do yourself a favour and save the money.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

abraham linksys posted:

Maybe you should have rolled on Excalibur. :colbert:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Just got out of a 45 minute dusk vigil, the dps were a dragoon with the mog spear and a summoner with the ifrit book

I don't mean the glamours

I wish for the cold embrace of death

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Pews posted:

Also don't forget housing items, there are plenty of ones in the i30-i50ish range that go for 200-500gil, which can drop one or two clear demareria (1000g vender trash along with multiple crystals or pricy crafting goods)

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Ciaphas posted:

Just got out of a 45 minute dusk vigil, the dps were a dragoon with the mog spear and a summoner with the ifrit book

I don't mean the glamours

I wish for the cold embrace of death

Did you wipe?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

abraham linksys posted:

How dare you come in here with out devoting yourself completely to a MMO when you can type so many words about why you don't want to play anymore.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Tenzarin posted:

How dare you come in here with out devoting yourself completely to a MMO when you can type so many words about why you don't want to play anymore.

what else am I supposed to do in 25 minute DPS queues besides :justpost:

e: this is an actual question by the way. the only thing I can think of is FATE grinding alternate classes and that's no fun

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

No they don't even have that for a loving excuse

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

abraham linksys posted:

Basically everything you just listed. It's ok if none of this does it for you man, but you don't have to brood over it. Lots of games out there man, cancel your sub and pick one. Come back later, if it draws your interest again.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

abraham linksys posted:

what else am I supposed to do in 25 minute DPS queues besides :justpost:

e: this is an actual question by the way. the only thing I can think of is FATE grinding alternate classes and that's no fun

If you aren't interested in trying out and leveling the other classes, don't think you have any hope of finding a static or doing any savage Alex (why aren't you with the Goonion) and aren't interested in character progression in general, aren't interested in the crafting and pretty princess aspect and aren't interested/invested in the side games like Gold Saucer, you really should consider unsubbing. There's no need to keep going with something you aren't enjoying, and you can always come back for 3.1!

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

SpaceDrake posted:

If you aren't interested in trying out and leveling the other classes, don't think you have any hope of finding a static or doing any savage Alex (why aren't you with the Goonion) and aren't interested in character progression in general, aren't interested in the crafting and pretty princess aspect and aren't interested/invested in the side games like Gold Saucer, you really should consider unsubbing. There's no need to keep going with something you aren't enjoying, and you can always come back for 3.1!

This. Also, if you're not on Excalibur, you really shot yourself in the foot. MMOs thrive on community and having a bevy of people to play with, collaborate with on crafting, shoot the poo poo with, helps a lot.

Don't be that weird insular guy who plays MMOs without actually interacting with people. You're ruining it for yourself if you do that.

Personally between crafting, gathering, Savage, Alex Normal, and levelling PvP in Frontlines I have far more to do than I have time for.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

abraham linksys posted:

Level other classes. Try out crafting and gathering.

OR

Mordiceius posted:

Maybe you should have rolled on Excalibur. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Pews posted:

I haven't found any that are particularly good at saying how to bridge between ARR and HW, I was frusturated for days and wasted money trying to do ARR endgame GSM crafts to level up and it was painful and terrible, then I realized I had enough skill that, especially with Bacon/Tinker, it was relatively cheap to craft up some of the i115 rings to the point where I was able to make a few hundred of them for less than a million gil (mostly in crystal costs) and a bit of time mining, and just grind through the low chances. Now I have like a 20% chance to desynth exdr drops (and rising with each success) which should basically be enough to hopefully keep my desynth up just with crap drops throughout heavensward.

That said I'm only really doing GSM desynth, I have no idea what to tell you for any other class.

I blew up SO MANY worthless VIT rings and cackled for every single one

• Locked thread