Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Team Big dog vs Team lovely small dogs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Excuse me but #notallsmalldogs :mad:

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

RULE 1: FAILURE TO EXCESSIVELY BOOYAH WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE EXPULSION FROM TEAM, NO QUESTIONS ASKED. :spergin:

corrected for my e-squids team

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
Is there a website or something that shows what levels are in the rotation and what ranked is? Starting the game up to see is a little bit of a pain in the rear end.

Also I feel like I haven't seen Moray Towers forever.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

DreamShipWrecked posted:

So do the miiverse posts show up more often if people like them more, or is it completely random and every random ten year old can draw way better than I can?

When you start the game up the initial plaza will show you what drawings you'll see for that session. Likewise if you draw something it'll circulate for as long as you're on but the second you turn the game off to go do something else it'll stop showing up.

I draw a lot in this game despite being a poo poo artist so it's something that I've noticed in my case :shobon:

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Bean posted:

Is there a website or something that shows what levels are in the rotation and what ranked is? Starting the game up to see is a little bit of a pain in the rear end.

Also I feel like I haven't seen Moray Towers forever.

I use two:

Official Nintendo Japan rankings show current Turf War stages (Ranked is the previous set): http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/agmj/stage/
This one is a little better as it lists both and works out your location and has a countdown too, but apparently has been wrong regarding ranked possibly?: https://splatoon.ink/

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Looper posted:

Tell me your secrets, for I am bad at the best weapon

Jump and arc your ink, start high, look low, swim forward, corridors are rough for you get to places with cover and fling ink everywhere, this is a gun fight and you have a knife. Throw sprinklers to cover areas enemies might come through so you're less likely to get blind sided, they also make great distractions, I've killed a lot of people by throwing a sprinkler then stabbing them in the back. Put them up HIGH, throw them on top of things, if you can put them on a ceiling, DO IT. On killing people, jump out of the ink and flick as fast as you can, it's pretty lethal, you can jump backwards when rollers come your way. Ink walls and jump out of them. If you see more than one person in a zone and you get spotted, LAY DOWN THE BRUSH AND BUG OUT. Once you have some distance, make a couple of ink puddles in different directions so they won't know for sure where you're coming from. Your special marks territory, the enemies will immediately clean them up so look at the map and see where enemy ink is being spread and nuke people there, or if you see your team moving back and forth like they're fighting on a spot, nuke what they're fighting, even if you don't kill, you're still giving them some temporary cover and room to maneuver.

Special advice: Saltspray rig, lay down your brush and go to that big area in the north immediately and spray ink all over the place, it's one of the best spots for an inkbrush in the game because you can get on top of those containers and ambush the crap out of people.

TLDR: Fight like a bastard, remember your ABCS(Always Be Chucking Sprinklers).

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

Szmitten posted:

I use two:

Official Nintendo Japan rankings show current Turf War stages (Ranked is the previous set): http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/agmj/stage/
This one is a little better as it lists both and works out your location and has a countdown too, but apparently has been wrong regarding ranked possibly?: https://splatoon.ink/

They both pull from the same exact data and are both wrong at the same times.

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

Suspicious Dish posted:

They both pull from the same exact data and are both wrong at the same times.

For others who care, it's this json from Nintendo's AWS instance.

And it is wrong.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
It's not wrong. It just shows the last 3 Turf War matches. I have no idea why people ever thought it was showing Ranked. They should learn to read Japanese :getin:

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Will there be any replay functionality coming from this August update?

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014

Geostomp posted:

I don't get it. Aside from losing the goggles to show off kinda creepy eyes, what's the big deal?

A couple months ago, someone discovered a playable Octoling model and made a video showing it off. The model in question was clearly a beta (the eyes were glitching, the octopus form looked less like an actual octopus and more like a reskinned squid model which frankly didn't look right, hats phased through the hair, etc.) but the prospect of a playable Octoling got people excited since many wanted to play as Octolings.

This announcement makes it seem like Nintendo either saw how many wanted to play as Octolings or, given the beta model, anticipated that there was going to be a demand for playable Octolings.

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

Suspicious Dish posted:

It's not wrong. It just shows the last 3 Turf War matches. I have no idea why people ever thought it was showing Ranked. They should learn to read Japanese :getin:

Right, I was agreeing with you, but I was not clear.

And they should learn Japanese. That site hard codes the IDs to English, so when new maps launch they'll have to hot patch it :japan:

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuJENO8M23I

New Japanese commercial. Has short clips of new maps and weapons not yet revealed!

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

IS GOOD!

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

that's me that's me with the bucket of ink

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

AfroLine posted:

that's me that's me with the bucket of ink

Man, this reminds me of a squirt gun fight I got into, it had all kinds of mcguyvered water weaponry, including water balloons attached to the ends of skis, which resulted in a kid getting stabbed.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

:captainpop:

also we need :squidpop:

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

My time investment in stacking Ink Saver Mains is about to payoff.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

:captainpop:

also we need :squidpop:

Interesting detail, the inkling keeps her left eye closed while firing the gatling.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

I'll buy that one even if I never use it just for how neat it is.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Commissar Ken posted:

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

I'll buy that one even if I never use it just for how neat it is.

You don't buy all the weapons? :psyduck:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

codenameFANGIO posted:

I've only been buying ones I think I'll like incase something really rad and expensive comes out.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I don't have all the weapons or clothes yet, but I only started playing about a week before the last splatfest.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

I want the Ink Bucket now and is that a hat I haven't gotten yet or new dlc clothes on the bucket squid. Also is that Dragzooka might be a none sniper charger weapon or just a new special.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

codenameFANGIO posted:

Not the ones I know I will never use, IE anything in the super short range family & rollers.

inkblot
Feb 22, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jarogue posted:

I want the Ink Bucket now and is that a hat I haven't gotten yet or new dlc clothes on the bucket squid. Also is that Dragzooka might be a none sniper charger weapon or just a new special.

That's the Rainmaker for the mode of the same name. You have to grab it and take it to the enemy spawn, from what I remember of the announcement they made a while back.

maybeflan
May 15, 2014

Jarogue posted:

That's most definitely a new hat.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Jarogue posted:

That's the Rainmaker in the titular mode.

also I just noticed at the end of that commercial they're advertising Japan having more free testfires for an hour every day for an entire week.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
Dat fuckin' bucket.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Literally, just a bucket chucking ink at fools. :allears:

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

maybeflan posted:

That's most definitely a new hat.

Yeah the straw hat doesn't seem like it's on the disc and unused like some clothes. I assume we will see at least a few of the unused clothes available to buy in August, all of them with the exception of that one hat in the head gear section that one is....prrrrrobably not coming out.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Yeah the straw hat doesn't seem like it's on the disc and unused like some clothes. I assume we will see at least a few of the unused clothes available to buy in August, all of them with the exception of that one hat in the head gear section that one is....prrrrrobably not coming out.

I was going to ask, but then I saw it*.

Yeeaaahhhhh...probably not.

At least, I hope not. Splatoon doesn't need controversy.

*Warrior Headdress isn't cool. Or rather, is most definitely not fresh.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Snuffman posted:

Probably nobody told them it was problematic until a year or so ago, considering there's been one available to wear in the last three Animal Crossing games and Splatoon is staffed by many from that team, they most likely didn't even know there was a problem.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Snuffman posted:

If they can have a Samurai Helmet, then they can have the Warrior Headdress

Also that new hat wold go perfect with my aloha shirt (that I never get to wear because of no matching hat) these shoes if it gets released, Green Rain Boots and the Ink bucket.

Jarogue fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Jul 25, 2015

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Oh wow, that Habitat-esque condo map looks great.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I had someone kraken me while I was launching an inkstrike, their lag was so bad I didn't die and in fact killed them instead.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Holy poo poo the map changes after 2 minutes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
I hope they come out with more sunken scrolls somehow. I wanna know what the Inkling society found from our own extinct one to make them revere the bucket as a relic of war re-purposed for their battles.

• Locked thread