Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

no_funeral posted:

good but not best is a ref to envyus leader happy's awp, which is named 'jw good but not best' =]

Happy didn't make that up, it ("x good but not best (jw best)") is an age-old hltv meme

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

Smol posted:

Happy didn't make that up, it ("x good but not best (jw best)") is an age-old hltv meme

Why, that meme must be nigh-on 3 years old now.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Prehistoric in the age of dank memes

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
doge is ancient but still consistent. top kek is newer but on the decline

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

Bohemian Nights posted:

Losing streak
is
over

Close, but I feel like there is a point where you settings check. Like o man if I change my crosshair I'll get better.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Kwilty posted:

Close, but I feel like there is a point where you settings check. Like o man if I change my crosshair I'll get better.

There definitely is: resolution, sensitivity, and crosshair checks

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

Kwilty posted:

There are probably some skin purchases in there as well either at the top or at the bottom depending on what kind of person you are.

illezt
Mar 1, 2005

Kwilty posted:

Do people really still do this? I don't think I've touched my settings in 2 years - I feel like fiddling around would just make me worse

Granted I'm still pretty bad as it is so maybe I should give it a shot. I feel like not having time to play every day/multiple games a night keeps me from going on tilt though.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed

illezt posted:

Do people really still do this? I don't think I've touched my settings in 2 years - I feel like fiddling around would just make me worse

Granted I'm still pretty bad as it is so maybe I should give it a shot. I feel like not having time to play every day/multiple games a night keeps me from going on tilt though.

When I was totally new earlier this year I changed all the time and now it's less and less frequent. I've gone a month without a sensitivity change and I've changed resolution but only because my fps gets lovely sometimes but I'm pretty set on 1080p when possible

Crosshairs are meaningless enough that if you want to change something to make things feel fresh you should do your crosshair and your gui color or something because it just doesn't matter that much

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^
what the gently caress is this casting for MLG/CEVO Finals

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Haven't watched the stream yet, but let me guess: DustMouret is casting?

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

Smol posted:

I don't think so, but all of their casters are as bad as him, so it doesn't really matter.

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
^o^

Smol posted:

stream 1 - heliumbrella , launders
stream 2- misled , dust

its even worse than LGs play

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Launders is decent at least (better as an interviewer though)

Capt. Sticl
Jul 24, 2002

In Zion I was meant to be
'Doze the homes
Block the sea
With this great ship at my command
I'll plunder all the Promised Land!
How often should I be replenishing my armor? Let's say i buy kevlar/helmet, survive the round... How often should I be spending the 650 to refill the armor?

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
Shamelessly stolen from http://counterstrike.wikia.com/:

wiki posted:

"In general, the point at which rebuying armor may become useful is found by determining the maximum damage to armor that may be sustained in a round before the next damage applied will kill the player. For example: of the most commonly used weapons, the weapons with the lowest Armor Penetration (and therefore lowest HP Damage to Armor Damage ratio) are the Glock and P2000. The Glock can inflict 12 HP damage/8 Armor damage. A player can therefore survive up to 8 hits before dying. The maximum value of useful armor in this instance is 8*8=64. Contrast this with the P2000 which can inflict 15 HP damage/8 Armor damage. At this rate, a player can survive up to 6 hits before dying. The maximum value of useful armor in this instance is 6*8=48

Unless a team can afford full buys for the rest of the half regardless of round wins/losses, it is important to consider the point at which rebuying armor is equitable and not just the maximum armor potentially required. Another example is as follows: of the most commonly bought weapons, the weapon with the lowest Armor Penetration is the M4. The M4 typically inflicts 22 HP damage/5 Armor damage. At this rate, a player can survive up to 4 hits before dying so the maximum value of useful armor against this weapon is 5*4=20

If a player previously bought a helmet + kevlar, is shot, and purchases the helmet + kevlar again in the next round, the player will only be charged $650 to replenish the damaged armor, regardless of where the player was shot."
Of course if you're playing against people who are draining your armor to this point instead of killing you, you probably are doing well enough to not worry about spending money on armor.

nftyw fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Jul 25, 2015

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
Launders' content is good in that analyst type role, but he needs to be a tiny bit more animated and stop saying "em" all the time. He has a very relaxed but sometimes monotone voice.The play by play guy is bad.

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
^o^

Smol posted:

Launders is decent at least (better as an interviewer though)
tbh id rather listen to bowcut mouret +1 than launders and that other guy. theyre probably weaker contentwise but their talking is easier to tolerate. whoever is casting right now sounds like hes emulating Dunn and it needs to stop immediately.

Powerful Wizard IRL fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Jul 25, 2015

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

HenryG is casting right now, good stuff

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
^o^

Smol posted:

HenryG is casting right now, good stuff

the dunn doppleganger is the worst though

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Idk, don't really care too much (either way) by pbp casters

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why

Powerful Wizard IRL posted:

the dunn doppleganger is the worst though

Dunn is awful, breakycpk level of awful

BrandNew
May 16, 2007

Get me my BLUE WINDBREAKER!
c9 making a truly spectacular throw currently.

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
^o^

BrandNew posted:

c9 making a truly spectacular throw currently.

clg+a ringer playing better than they ever have against this c9 lineup after some bad buys

Powerful Wizard IRL fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Jul 25, 2015

Shayu
Feb 9, 2014
Five dollars for five words.

bpower posted:

Launders' content is good in that analyst type role, but he needs to be a tiny bit more animated and stop saying "em" all the time. He has a very relaxed but sometimes monotone voice.The play by play guy is bad.

He's chill man, he's the chillest cs go caster in the scene.

Maguro
Apr 24, 2006

Why is the sun always bullying me?

that awp 4k!

BrandNew
May 16, 2007

that was loving nuts

CancerStick
Jun 3, 2011

Powerful Wizard IRL posted:

clg+a ringer playing better than they ever have against this c9 lineup after some bad buys

That was just C9 being straight up anti-stratted(sp?) after playing that map and doing well the last three events. Time to change up that CT before Cologne.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Sometimes I wonder what I'm doing with the precious little life I've been given. I just spent three hours of the night alternating between playing with and getting carried by literal children almost half my age that I met in solo queue

Russians in NEU get a lot of poo poo, but god drat these scandinavian kids can be incredibly obnoxious when they put their minds to it, especially when they're winning

Bohemian Nights fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Jul 25, 2015

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
I went and played hockey tonight and there's a lot of parallels between that and Counter Strike, one of which is that if you play drop-in games you find yourself hanging out with literal children more than you would think.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Alighieri posted:

I should probably do this as well since I have been messing up pistol rounds a lot recently.

Just find a pistol only DM. I'm better with pistols than I am with rifles because I don't have to worry about recoil, just natural deviation, and movement is such a loving huge factor.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

rain :staredog:

E: for those who missed it: http://oddshot.tv/shot/ESL_CSGO_321_201507251320388023

Smol fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Jul 25, 2015

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

https://youtu.be/5U_j1kVcSYE

You can see the fear in CLG player models' eyes

Phosphene
Aug 11, 2008
I'M NOT TRYING TO GET BIG AND BULKY OKAY WE ALL FAIL DIFFERENT GOALS
Thorin level analysis: "If this was an anime..."

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

dex_sda posted:

https://youtu.be/5U_j1kVcSYE

You can see the fear in CLG player models' eyes

This is the opposite of me with any scoped weapon. It seems to take me loving ages to find my target.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Mousesports is legit

BrandNew
May 16, 2007

c9 is managing to throw away every possible chance to win these rounds.

Phosphene
Aug 11, 2008
I'M NOT TRYING TO GET BIG AND BULKY OKAY WE ALL FAIL DIFFERENT GOALS
Ah yes. This is the NA CS i remember.

E: 180

Phosphene fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jul 25, 2015

BrandNew
May 16, 2007

awful stuff from c9 but chrisj was nuts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
should i be watching ESL or the cevo bullshit?

• Locked thread