Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

DOFP Quicksilver would make a cool Hot Toy, but welp!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

I think I'm skipping Quicksilver. His outfit is super boring and it's not like he can have any accessories.

Maybe some bullet holes?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

therealjon_ posted:

DOFP Quicksilver would make a cool Hot Toy, but welp!

They actually have done Fox stuff, but only Hugh Jackman Wolverines I think.

I wonder if Apocalypse's lean towards actual costumes means they'll do more of those.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

They actually have done Fox stuff, but only Hugh Jackman Wolverines I think.

I wonder if Apocalypse's lean towards actual costumes means they'll do more of those.

They won't, Wolverine was the last one and they had to charge more because Disney wanted their normal cut in addition to what Fox gets sent.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Has the ML Thundra/Valkyrie been spotted at retail? If so, which retailers have been carrying it so far?

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Target.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Xenomrph posted:

Has the ML Thundra/Valkyrie been spotted at retail? If so, which retailers have been carrying it so far?

Target, TRU, Kroger/Fred Meyer

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Okay, cool, thanks. :)

Given how saturated my local Walmarts have been with ML figures from the last several waves, I'm pretty confident I'll end up seeing every figure I want at retail and not have to deal with scalper bullshit or whatever.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Xenomrph posted:

Okay, cool, thanks. :)

Given how saturated my local Walmarts have been with ML figures from the last several waves, I'm pretty confident I'll end up seeing every figure I want at retail and not have to deal with scalper bullshit or whatever.

After a slow 1st quarter we suddenly exploded in ML sales so I've ordered all three of the current and upcoming series (Ultron, Hulkbuster, Rhino). Thankfully I want a total of three figures out of those waves so I'm saving a ton of cash this year.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Has there been any more word on the rest of the TF2 figures? They only got Medic, Sniper, and Scout left before finishing the line.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Rhyno posted:

After a slow 1st quarter we suddenly exploded in ML sales so I've ordered all three of the current and upcoming series (Ultron, Hulkbuster, Rhino). Thankfully I want a total of three figures out of those waves so I'm saving a ton of cash this year.
Wait, how are you saving money if you're buying the entire waves despite only wanting 3 figures? Are you re-selling the rest?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Xenomrph posted:

Wait, how are you saving money if you're buying the entire waves despite only wanting 3 figures? Are you re-selling the rest?

I mean I'm no longer a completist so I only need to buy 3, the other figures can go out on the pegs.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Rhyno posted:

I mean I'm no longer a completist so I only need to buy 3, the other figures can go out on the pegs.
Ohhhh I forgot you have a comic book shop. I thought you'd ordered all 3 waves for yourself, not for the shop.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Xenomrph posted:

Ohhhh I forgot you have a comic book shop. I thought you'd ordered all 3 waves for yourself, not for the shop.

Hahaha nooooooo. I just need Doctor Strange, Scarlet Spider and Ghost Rider.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I remember grabbing a Captain Marvel months ago because I was sure I'd never see another one. There's a Wal-Mart up here with literally four sets of that wave still sitting on the shelf.

I need to grab that Classic Venom and Spider-Gwen when that wave hits.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Travis343 posted:

I remember grabbing a Captain Marvel months ago because I was sure I'd never see another one. There's a Wal-Mart up here with literally four sets of that wave still sitting on the shelf.

I need to grab that Classic Venom and Spider-Gwen when that wave hits.

That wave is next year right?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Rhyno posted:

Hahaha nooooooo. I just need Doctor Strange, Scarlet Spider and Ghost Rider.
I really need Scarlet Spider.

I'm also looking forward to Thundra, Valyrie, Spider-Gwen, and Jack O'Lantern. I'm pretty sure that's all of the "pending" figures I'm looking to grab.

Xenomrph fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Jul 25, 2015

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Scarlet Spider is two to a case so he should be easy to find. I doubt any of the others will be that hard to find. Distribution for all the previous waves has been even and none of the figures were all that hard to find in the end.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Cocks Cable posted:

Scarlet Spider is two to a case so he should be easy to find. I doubt any of the others will be that hard to find. Distribution for all the previous waves has been even and none of the figures were all that hard to find in the end.

I just don't understand how ML's are so easy to find and yet shopping for Transformers is like looking for the Ark of the Covenant.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

forgot about Superior Venom and Ben Reilly Spider Man, I'll be looking to grab those as well.

I'd be more excited about Classic Venom if I didn't already have the Marvel Select version.

Now I just hope they go all crazy and do a Life Foundation Symbiotes wave (they could even have Hybrid as the build-a-figure!)

Rhyno posted:

I just don't understand how ML's are so easy to find and yet shopping for Transformers is like looking for the Ark of the Covenant.
It's kind of the reverse of how things used to be!

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Rhyno posted:

poo poo, compare every toy line to Lego. What was the last time you couldn't find a standard Lego set on the shelf for retail?

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Kroger/Fred Meyer is having a 25% off Marvel Legends sale right now, picked up more of the Thanos wave at $16 each. No Hulkbuster left but War Machine and Marvel NOW! Iron Man sadly.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Rirse posted:

Has there been any more word on the rest of the TF2 figures? They only got Medic, Sniper, and Scout left before finishing the line.

Valve was not satisfied with how series three turned out and won't give the go ahead to NECA to finish the series. NECA has the last three sculpted too.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

What weren't they satisfied with? :confused:

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Xenomrph posted:

What weren't they satisfied with? :confused:

The contract very clearly stipulated that while NECA could make toys of any character from any Valve game, they could not have more than two releases in any given series.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

That seems like the most baffling stipulation, especially if TF2 fans are going to want to get one of every character class (x2, for 2 teams).

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Valve may have gotten some bad QC on their samples or something. They felt the quality wasn't up to the standard set by their brand.

NECA moved on at that point, and says Blizzard is much easier to work with. They'll still make the figures if Valve signs off though.

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker
I'd been wondering about the remaining TF2 figures too. Thanks for the explanations. Like Xenomrph, I find them bizarre.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

LOL that contract stipulation is not real.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Why cookie Rocket posted:

poo poo, compare every toy line to Lego. What was the last time you couldn't find a standard Lego set on the shelf for retail?

Right now. I can't find the raptor escape Jurassic World set anywhere and I want all 4 raptors, drat it.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Rhyno posted:

Maybe some bullet holes?

I was going to suggest a teenage dirtstache.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
They announced it awhile back, but this teaser pic means it's actually happening, I guess.

Figma is making a Sexy Commando Gaiden Sugoiyo Masaru-san figure.

And it comes with a Meso.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Got NECA's Jumpsuit Ripley this morning. Cannot fuckin wait for that T2 Sarah Connor. What are the best Terminator figures to go with it? Arnold or endoskeleton. Has anybody ever made a John Connor? Sarah is going to feel a little incomplete without one.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Want to throw a huge thank you out there to Blackchamber for sending Fox, Peach and the goomba my way, you are amazing. They look pretty good overall:

My shelf for children is coming along well

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Louisgod posted:

My shelf for children is coming along well

EXCUSE ME SIR BUT THOSE ARE ADULT COLLECTIBLES
:goonsay:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

No he means that's the shelf he uses to lure the children.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

therealjon_ posted:

Valve may have gotten some bad QC on their samples or something. They felt the quality wasn't up to the standard set by their brand.
They certainly broke Valve's standard of never actually releasing anything.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Last night I was buying ML figures when the guy at the register gave me the the most judging look so I asked him about it and he responded "I didn't see any kids with you so I wasn't sure why you were buying them"

gently caress you Paul at Fred Meyer, I do what I want

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

The Rage posted:

Last night I was buying ML figures when the guy at the register gave me the the most judging look so I asked him about it and he responded "I didn't see any kids with you so I wasn't sure why you were buying them"

gently caress you Paul at Fred Meyer, I do what I want

"It's called 'having disposable income' you minimum wage prole."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Aphrodite posted:

No he means that's the shelf he uses to lure the children.

It's me, I'm the child