Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I do like that Nene is ultimately the true hero of the Sengoku era for getting everyone to play nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Going to buy the terrible PC port of SW 4-2 in hopes of a terrible PC port of SW4:E

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Blockhouse posted:

Going to buy the terrible PC port of SW 4-2 in hopes of a terrible PC port of the Gundam games

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

http://www.ricedigital.co.uk/store/bladestorm-nightmare-ps4
really cheap bladestorm if you're in europe. they also have dw8 empires

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

So I'm trying my first Sengoku Basara (The Wii one, specifically) and right now I'm playing some fist guy that does the People's Elbow and rides on a robot armor thing?

Any tips on the gameplay or secrets?

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
Arslan Senki Gieve the bard trailer. I hope the game gets a Western release. The show is pretty good, and Gieve is hilarious.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

grrarg posted:

Arslan Senki Gieve the bard trailer. I hope the game gets a Western release. The show is pretty good, and Gieve is hilarious.

Where's the goddamn Berserk game already, I mean come on

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

We're getting one as soon as Miura finishes the manga.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Hakkesshu posted:

We already have a Berserk game, it's called Dragon's Dogma.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Hakkesshu posted:

It was on the Dreamcast.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Potsticker posted:

It was on the Dreamcast.

And it's actually pretty good. Get a Dreamcast, I guess.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It was interesting how they managed to Guts sword being huge a part of the actual gameplay, like you had to be careful in narrow corridors because you couldn't swing it properly.

And also really loving annoying.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

It was interesting how they managed to Guts sword being huge a part of the actual gameplay, like you had to be careful in narrow corridors because you couldn't swing it properly.

And also really loving annoying.

Kind of sounds like proto-Demon's/Dark Souls. You can't swing swords very well in narrow corridors there either.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

I haven't warriors'ed since DW8 on ps4 and jonesing for a fix. SW4 the way to go?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

sw4 on the ps4 is very good

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

Evil Canadian posted:

I haven't warriors'ed since DW8 on ps4 and jonesing for a fix. SW4 the way to go?

SW4 is one of the best Warriors games to date and is well worth your time.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

So I got sw4, and there is now triangle to square chains, that is too crazy.

Ghost-Slug
Feb 21, 2011

Feeding Tigrex
one Hunter at a time

Lipstick Apathy

Tae posted:

So I'm trying my first Sengoku Basara (The Wii one, specifically) and right now I'm playing some fist guy that does the People's Elbow and rides on a robot armor thing?

Any tips on the gameplay or secrets?

Ah, you're playing Tokugawa Ieyasu (the robot is Honda Tadakatsu). You can hold the button on any of the hits on the normal attack string and some specials for charged hits and you can taunt to put the hoodie hood up which decreases charge time. Ieyasu's element is light and some of his weapons will be elemental - light element helps to break the opponent's guard and can dazzle enemies so it's worth using.

Some general tips:

- You can parry by pressing guard at the right moment. This will damage and stagger the opponent.
- Double tap a direction to start running straight away.
- You can cancel a lot of moves in order to combo better. Dodging, running or jumping can each cancel certain moves. This knowledge is essential for playing some of the slower characters like Kuroda Kanbee (the beefy dude with the ball and chain).
- Specific recruited generals can identify the locations of fugitives on each stage (a purple icon). Killing them will permanently increase your character's stats.

In other Sengoku Basara news, Sengoku Basara 4 Sumeragi was released yesterday for PS3 and PS4! It contains all of Sengoku Basara 4 as well as a good amount of new content. It's definitely worth picking up if you're not intimidated by the lack of English! I am currently having fun playing with the DLC skins and teaming up Wesker and a velocidrome.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Jibo posted:

And it's actually pretty good. Get a Dreamcast, I guess.

I kinda like that game but it's a loving stretch to call it good. Kinda like Warriors I guess :v:

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Sakurazuka posted:

We're getting one as soon as Miura finishes the manga.

Will they stop making Idolmaster before he dies? If not, we'll never see the end of Berserk.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
I upgraded my weapon in SWC3 after it reached level 20. What's the max rank for this weapon? I saw a screenshot of a weapon with 6 attributes and 3 skills, but I can only put just 4 attributes and 2 skills on my current one.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Schneider Heim posted:

I upgraded my weapon in SWC3 after it reached level 20. What's the max rank for this weapon? I saw a screenshot of a weapon with 6 attributes and 3 skills, but I can only put just 4 attributes and 2 skills on my current one.

It was probably a rare/4th weapon which you get from doing certain objectives on a specific stage on hard or higher. I think you can also buy them from challenge mode.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
I just upgraded it. Got an extra attribute and skill slot. The attributes went up to 80 now.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

It looks like the West is gonna start getting pseudo-Treasure Boxes. Samurai Warriors 4-II has a special edition exclusive to the PS4 version and exclusively sold by NIS America.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
Omega Force is up to something.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

This Ain't Warriors XXX

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Toukiden 2. Well it's not Warriors.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Will be revealed on August 3rd, DW's anniversary.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

dynasty dating: the otome game

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'd play it.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Sangoku Musou HD

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
They're taking up the Kingdom Under Fire 2 localisation?

...Nah, never happen.

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

Ghost-Slug posted:

Ah, you're playing Tokugawa Ieyasu (the robot is Honda Tadakatsu). You can hold the button on any of the hits on the normal attack string and some specials for charged hits and you can taunt to put the hoodie hood up which decreases charge time. Ieyasu's element is light and some of his weapons will be elemental - light element helps to break the opponent's guard and can dazzle enemies so it's worth using.

Some general tips:

- You can parry by pressing guard at the right moment. This will damage and stagger the opponent.
- Double tap a direction to start running straight away.
- You can cancel a lot of moves in order to combo better. Dodging, running or jumping can each cancel certain moves. This knowledge is essential for playing some of the slower characters like Kuroda Kanbee (the beefy dude with the ball and chain).
- Specific recruited generals can identify the locations of fugitives on each stage (a purple icon). Killing them will permanently increase your character's stats.

In other Sengoku Basara news, Sengoku Basara 4 Sumeragi was released yesterday for PS3 and PS4! It contains all of Sengoku Basara 4 as well as a good amount of new content. It's definitely worth picking up if you're not intimidated by the lack of English! I am currently having fun playing with the DLC skins and teaming up Wesker and a velocidrome.

Matabee's The Saddest Velocidrome costume is my absolute favourite in the game, though the Wesker is close.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

So I ended up shelving sb because despite the better mechanics, the severe lack of map variety killed my interest after watching the weasel scene like 5 times.

The I tried samurai warriors 3 and I am so confused on who is who after sb's take. Like saika being a dude.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
New hint on the teaser site. "It comes from the beyond".

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Laying odds on this being the Western franchise Warriors they were talking about recently

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
New DW8: Empires patch on steam.

quote:

Update ver.1.0.4.0 released.

An update to DYNASTY WARRIORS 8 Empires has been released.
The update will be applied automatically when you restart the game.

* The following features have been added:
The political events "Ascend," "Protect" and "Join."
The military commands "Subjugate," "Group Recuperation," "Mass Repair" and "Benevolence."
The additional settings in Free Mode: "Troop Strength" and "Reinforce Defenders."
The "Fortify Base" command at the pre-battle screen in Free Mode.
Extra equippable items: "Iron Arm Guards" and "Vajra Armor."

* The following items have been modified/improved:
Victory conditions for defensive battles.
Invasion frequency of CPU-controlled armies.
Resource usage of CPU-controlled armies when strengthening a base.
AI of subservient officers in CPU-controlled armies.
Facility construction AI of player-controlled armies.
Promotion conditions for the player character.
Character artwork displays for custom characters during confessions of love.
Availability of the "Repair" and "Complete Repair" commands.
Effect and frequency of some stratagems.
Conditions for officers returning to battle.
Unit battle balance.
Ability adjustments for CPU-controlled officers affected by territorial effects.
Conditions for CPU-controlled officers to use large-scale stratagems.
Recovery effects for CPU-controlled characters stationed at an inactive allied base.
Trigger conditions and frequency of certain in-battle spoken lines and battle messages.
Conditions for selection of officers for battle by CPU-controlled Rulers.
Trigger conditions for CPU-controlled officers' stratagems.
Frame rate issues under certain conditions.
Other minor issues.

* The following bugs have been fixed
During raid scenarios in online play, guest officers' abilities are invalid.
When responding to a transfer request while married to the army's ruler, an invalid army is created.
Enemy banners and soldiers do not display properly during Invasions.
Female custom characters use male move sets when equipped with certain armor on their torsos.
The same voice lines play consecutively during certain attack moves.
CPU-controlled allied officers sometimes gather around catapults and refuse to advance.
When a guest destroys a Spot Turret in the Raid Scenario "Swift as Lightning," the time limit is not always extended.
Other minor bugs.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydUI3gLnsNY

Well, okay.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Hurrah!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

its funny how they left all the female characters out of the western trailer