Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anal Papist
Jun 2, 2011

Very interesting Reddit update:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Skyforge/comments/3ehfoe/for_those_worried_about_their_premium_time_it/

Reddit the one true source of Alcoholic's sonic slash fiction posted:

Hey guys! So yeah, our NA servers have been down for roughly 7 hours now, no bueno.

While we continue to implement several new pieces of server tech as part of our ongoing server upgrade, I just wanted to stop in and let you guys know that yes, your premium time will be reimbursed. We've seen a lot of players concerned over this and I wanted to make sure everyone knew that we would be taking this into account. I can also say that premium time will not be the only "gift" you will receive once we've straightened out our major server issues.

I hope this helps lessen the sting of downtime just a tiny bit and I look forward to letting you know when you can log back in!

Cheers,

Michael "Spunky" Dunaway

Skyforge Lead CM - My.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I have gotten so much free crap from launch window game server issues.

Granted I only still play one of those games, but hey, free!

MinorRed
Jul 27, 2011

Have a code!

SFDEJ188DDRTWFN3

HotBobaloo
Jun 19, 2002

MinorRed posted:

Have a code!

SFDEJ188DDRTWFN3

Took this, thanks!

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
You get a code, and you get a code!

SFDEJ188*BFVJQ9GQ

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!
Here's 7 of the stupid things:

SFFRJ1888QBE32VQ
SFFRJ1884EABYFT6
SFFRJ188THQ1C8N6
SFFRJ188D2K1FDBV
SFFRJ18883DBG6VE
SFFRJ188TT27QL3I
SFFRJ188KHTKD8QK

I also have one of those early access codes which include 7 days of premium and 10,000 argents. No idea if it still works but the first person to ask me in mumble gets to try it.
Code was expired.

Liberatore fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Jul 25, 2015

Knightsoul
Dec 19, 2008

Drakes posted:

You get a code, and you get a code!

SFDEJ188*BFVJQ9GQ

Took it, many thanks !!!

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Liberatore posted:

SFFRJ1888QBE32VQ
SFFRJ1884EABYFT6
SFFRJ188THQ1C8N6
SFFRJ188D2K1FDBV
SFFRJ18883DBG6VE
SFFRJ188TT27QL3I
SFFRJ188KHTKD8QK

I also have one of those early access codes which include 7 days of premium and 10,000 argents. No idea if it still works but the first person to ask me in mumble gets to try it.

thanks, got this one: SFFRJ188TT27QL3I

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008

Liberatore posted:

SFFRJ1888QBE32VQ
SFFRJ1884EABYFT6
SFFRJ188THQ1C8N6
SFFRJ188D2K1FDBV
SFFRJ18883DBG6VE
SFFRJ188TT27QL3I
SFFRJ188KHTKD8QK

Took the final one, cheers.

Clairetic
Nov 3, 2008

I don't even know my own credit card information.

Liberatore posted:

SFFRJ1888QBE32VQ
SFFRJ1884EABYFT6
SFFRJ188THQ1C8N6
SFFRJ188D2K1FDBV
SFFRJ18883DBG6VE
SFFRJ188TT27QL3I
SFFRJ188KHTKD8QK

Grabbed the first one, thanks!

Fizzil
Aug 24, 2005

There are five fucks at the edge of a cliff...

Liberatore posted:

SFFRJ1888QBE32VQ
SFFRJ1884EABYFT6
SFFRJ188THQ1C8N6
SFFRJ188D2K1FDBV
SFFRJ18883DBG6VE
SFFRJ188TT27QL3I
SFFRJ188KHTKD8QK

Hello, thanks for the code, i got this one SFFRJ1884EABYFT6.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Liberatore posted:

SFFRJ188D2K1FDBV

Took this one, thanks

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Liberatore posted:

SFFRJ1888QBE32VQ
SFFRJ1884EABYFT6
SFFRJ188THQ1C8N6
SFFRJ188D2K1FDBV
SFFRJ18883DBG6VE
SFFRJ188TT27QL3I
SFFRJ188KHTKD8QK

Code was expired.

these are now all used

AmiEsiM
Dec 6, 2013

Always be yourself, unless you can be Batman.
would love a code if anyone has an extra, lady luck as been an unfaithful whore with that stupid promo

Zizi
Jan 7, 2010

Drinkfist posted:

Get that loving reddit poo poo the gently caress out of here. Its all garbage and they are all terrible.

The fact that a guy that introduced himself as being 'really good at reverse-engineering game mechanics' has to issue an update because of corrections to someone else's work he based his opinions on without checking any of it himself tells you pretty much everything you need to know about taking his advice, even if Drinkfist hadn't already done a pretty good job of eviscerating his guide.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

:negative:

FOREVER UNDEAD

Zaekkor fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Jul 25, 2015

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

is it just me, or when you do an pug group do you always end up witha healer that NEVER heals?

The last few missions ive done, only only won't they heal, but they engage bosses first even when we are gettign ready ><.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Meskhenet posted:

is it just me, or when you do an pug group do you always end up witha healer that NEVER heals?

The last few missions ive done, only only won't they heal, but they engage bosses first even when we are gettign ready ><.

This game does not have healers. News at 11.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Obscurity posted:

:negative:

FOREVER UNDEAD

Forever owned maybe. Or forever until you hit the cap and the game starts making GBS threads those at you.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Morglon posted:

Forever owned maybe. Or forever until you hit the cap and the game starts making GBS threads those at you.

Spamming Dankit Island (newbie region) for 40~ sparks every clear. Annoying, but necessary :(

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Those, just like replicators, just keep piling up for me. Honestly at this point I could just not get any and unlock all the classes and play for weeks and still not run out. It's pretty bizarre.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Morglon posted:

Those, just like replicators, just keep piling up for me. Honestly at this point I could just not get any and unlock all the classes and play for weeks and still not run out. It's pretty bizarre.

How are you getting so many? Are you capping sparks really fast or something?

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
I honestly don't know, I got a ton of those last week, capped around Friday and that poo poo just kept piling up. And yeah I just checked, I could literally unlock all the classes with the respec sparks I have left which seems odd to me since I didn't poopsock and am still behind the early access people. I guess what I'm saying is that poo poo will just pile up anyway.

walruscat
Apr 27, 2013

I'm trying to figure out how to use my purification ability, but when I click on it in the abilities screen it says I don't have space to activate the talent. But it's an ability. Also, I just got a spare talent spot and it still won't work. How do I assign this to a slot? It highlights C which is unoccupied at the moment when I mouse over it, but I can't assign it to it.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

I don't play paladin so I can't tell for sure but I assume that the skill below the one you circled is a passive which still counts towards the C slot.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

walruscat posted:

I'm trying to figure out how to use my purification ability, but when I click on it in the abilities screen it says I don't have space to activate the talent. But it's an ability. Also, I just got a spare talent spot and it still won't work. How do I assign this to a slot? It highlights C which is unoccupied at the moment when I mouse over it, but I can't assign it to it.

It's either that or your 3L1R. Yes seriously. No I don't know why.

MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

walruscat posted:

The NOT ENOUGH SPACE is referring to the vertical bar. You can only take 1 of the two skills listed on the vertical bar (see the 1/1) - so you can't have both Purification and Divine Scourge equipped at once.

If you *really* want Purification (it's not worth it) you can hit the RESET button, which will reset all your traits and skills. But seriously, don't do it, Divine Scourge is way more helpful.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

walruscat posted:

You already have a skill slotted in that spot. You'll have to respec by clicking that button on the right labeled reset. If you don't have enough sparks of transformation, just do a run of Dankit island (the starting region).

walruscat
Apr 27, 2013

Ok, thanks for the info. I'll stick with my AOE explosion for now. Good to know how to change those abilities though. Does the reset cost continually go up after each use?

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

Is stacking spirit a bad idea for playing necromancer?

Don't make me ask reddit.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Ass_Burgerer posted:

Go Str+Luck until you figure it out. Can't really go wrong with that choice.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!
Spirit is not so good for Necromancer. Very few classes can make good use of it, really. Valor (at high prestige) and Strength are generally better choices. Always go Luck for your other stat.

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

Been messing around with client cfg files and hidden cvars.

MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

I've been playing paladin a lot and there was somebody who had a partial effort-post and some questions about how to paladin so here is a writeup about how to paladin. While I'm fairly confident that I have the basics down if there's something wrong in here tell me so I can suck less.

What do paladins do and should I be a paladin?
Paladins are the "tanks" of the game, but because of the nature of the game the tanking is actually mostly dodging and if you try to play it like a tank you will die, quickly and repeatedly, and everybody in your group will hate you. Play paladins if you enjoy dodging attacks, reading animations, herding enemies into nice clumps for your allies, and frantically avoiding death. Do not play paladin if you want to do a lot of damage because while you can solo pretty much everything, so can everybody else, and they do it faster. This means that if you hate other people and don't ever want to play with them you should probably avoid paladin, because you should group as much as practicable to make up for your poor offense.

That said, your other options when starting are Lightbinder and Cryomancer and so if you want to play a melee class paladin's your only option.

The Paladin Is Not A Tank
If there is only one thing that you take away from this, it should be that the paladin is not a tank. The reason for this is simple - your shield has by default around 12% of your life, but most telegraphed attacks do significantly more than that, and if you try to shield an attack that does 50% of your health with a 15% shield you'll still lose a third of your life. Instead, you want to take the 400% threat talent, hit the enemies a few times to get them really mad at you, and then dodge like hell so that your group can sit there pressing buttons without having to worry about nasty monsters kicking their face in. When I was low prestige and running groups most of the Paladins I played with did not do this, instead trying to tank by parking themselves in front of the enemies and then dying to easily telegraphed attacks.

Instead of a tank, you're a really annoying hornet. Sting people to make them mad and then buzz around them, frantically avoiding their attempts to swat you while your scorpion friends sting them and...I think this metaphor has broken down already. Whatever. Don't try to tank things or it will go badly.

Basic Attack Skills (LMB+RMB combs)

Basic chain (LMB+LMB+LMB+LMB): Your basic attack chain is mostly good for generating Righteous Anger, which is the resource you use to power up your attacks and use skills. It does fairly low damage and the only really interesting feature here is that the 4th attack in the chain will knock small enemies up. Can be traited to do double damage and provide a stacking movespeed buff, which you should take.

Seal of Light (LMB+RMB): A basic frontal AoE which will damage enemies in a cone in front of you. Consumes Righteous Anger. Use this when there are two or more enemies in front of you, very simple. Can be traited to do a little over double damage to enemies over 80% health, which turns it into a great swarm-killer because you'll one-shot most diamond foes. If you have that trait equipped, it is always your most efficient attack to use against foes over 80% health. Is greatly empowered by Holy Ground.

Punishing Bolt (LMB+LMB+RMB): Your single-target damage attack. Consumes quite a bit of Righteous Anger. Use when there's a single enemy you want to hurt. Is greatly empowered by Holy Ground. Can be traited to cost less Righteous Anger.

Divine Scourge (LMB+LMB+LMB+RMB): Your big AoE attack. Does moderate AoE damage and consumers a lot of Righteous Anger. If you have Celestial Shield up, the shield will detonate, dealing damage and causing an AoE knockdown. Use Divine Scourge with the shield when you're bunching up enemies for your group to AoE for the knockdown effect, or when you're soloing and want to wipe out a big group. Generally it's not worth using it without the shield. Greatly improved by Holy Ground and can be traited to do 40% more damage.

This technically shares a column with Purification, but dropping Divine Scourge for Purification is not a smart move.

Waves of Wrath (RMB): A fairly weak AoE centered around the Paladin which can also knock down. Consumes Righteous Anger and must be charged. Generally not worth using this unless you're out in the open world where you might use this to tag enemies for kill credit.

Keyboard Skills

Onslaught (1): A charge attack with a knockdown. Short cooldown, consumes a little Righteous Anger, and relatively middling damage. You can use it to close ground, to knock down an enemy to interrupt an attack, or to knock down an enemy and give yourself a chance to put some distance between you and him. Can also be targeted on a distant enemy to get away from a nasty melee foe. Can be traited to force enemies to attack you (take this trait), to have increased range and damage, and to root enemies.

The second level adds a AoE effect which pulls all enemies hit towards the Paladin. Super helpful for grouping up trash mobs so you group can AoE them down, or for collecting enemies which slipped past you before they start bothering the ranged folks.

Celestial Shield(2): A shield which can be activated with a default strength 12% of your maximum life. It has no activation time, a 12-second cooldown, and a 5-second duration. If broken by enemy damage, will explode and deal a little damage to everybody around you. Use this to absorb enemies' basic attacks. Note that whether the damage goes to your health or your shield depends not on when the animation finishes, but when it starts. This means that if you shield a ranged attack while the projectile is in flight, it'll still hit your health. Plan your shields accordingly. Be aware that you can shield during attack or animation chains without breaking them.

DO NOT attempt to shield any telegraphed attacks unless you are out of dodges and Aegis of Light (3) is on cooldown. The shield is enough to cover basic attacks, but telegraphed attacks are often very brutal and will still do a substantial amount of damage to you even through the shield.

Can be traited to slow nearby enemies (helpful mostly in PvP), to deal more damage on explosion (meh), to cool down faster if destroyed by damage (useful), and to provide a shield to allies if enemies do not destroy it (eh). I have no idea what the level 2 version of this skill does because the description is exactly the same.

Aegis of Light(3): Grants temporary health and status effect invulnerability for 4 seconds. Consumes some Righteous Anger, has a relatively long cooldown, casts instantly, and will briefly stop all actions for a second or so after the cast. Use this skill if you can't dodge a telegraphed attack for whatever reason, or when you're about to take a huge damage spike (for example, after you've gathered a bunch of enemies up with Onslaught II). This is your get-out-of-jail-free card, so always keep enough Righteous Anger in the pool to pop this out in case you mess up and can't get yourself out of a bad situation.

Can be traited to have 10s less cooldown (take this). Level II also applies the same invulnerability to a single ally, which can be targeted or otherwise goes to the lowest-health ally.

[Something] Verdict (4): These skills are all single-target, ranged attacks which use your Impulse Charge. Can be traited for 50% more damage. 3 options:
Righteous Verdict: Instant, high single-target damage at range. Does not consume any Righteous Anger. Use this skill to pull or for just for extra damage. Good for PvP.
Massive Verdict: Area damage at range, with increased threat generation. Does not consume any Righteous Anger. Use this for pulling enemies or for peeling them off your allies. This is probably the one you want as a tank.
Harsh Verdict: Single-target damage at range with knockdown. Consumes a little Righteous Anger. Helpful for PvP, but not so much for PvE.

Waves of [Something] (z): These skills are AoE attacks, centered on the Paladin. 2 options:
Waves of Anger: Major AoE damage over a duration with a relatively long cooldown. Roots you in place for the duration, which is about three seconds. Use this to, well, do damage to grouped enemies. Useful for farming or chaff clearing.
Waves of Holiness: Minor AoE damage with a taunt effect. Use this to make everything around you mad at you. Be warned that making everything around you mad at you can have occasionally terminal consequences so make sure you have a plan to dodge/absorb the damage.

Purification (c): Removes CC effects from your or an ally. Might be helpful if it didn't share a column with Divine Scourge. Yes, you can't have both this skill and your basic AoE chain. Why? No idea. Don't take this. Can be traited to increase the duration by 4 seconds but since you shouldn't take this, it doesn't matter.

Holy Ground(v): Creates a fairly large, circular Holy Ground under the Paladin. Lasts for about twenty seconds on a minute cooldown (I haven't timed the duration exactly, that's just my gut feel). The Holy Ground increases the power of all of the Paladin's chain attacks, as well as making zeroing out all Righteous Anger consumption. Use this to increase your damage output. If there's a situation where you need to spike your damage (doing AoE damage to a pull to quickly cut down on the number of swarmers, for example) it is sometimes worth it to use before you've even run down your Righteous Anger bar. Otherwise you'll get the most out of it by popping it after spending most of your Righteous Anger.

Level II will apply the zero-Righteous-Anger-cost effect regardless of whether you're in the Holy Ground circle or not.

Radient Aspect (r): Your Ultimate Attack. Teleports you to the targeted foe, deals heavy AoE damage, and inflicts knockdown. Also drops a Holy Ground and decreases damage. Note that there's a substantial wind-up animation before it will go off during which you are stationary and can take damage, so do not use this if you're being swarmed unless you pop Aegis of Light or have a shield up.

Do not use this against bosses, since bosses tend to be totally immune to knockdowns. It's best saved for strong normal enemy packs that your group just needs a little extra to push through. As noted above, try to avoid using this while you're in melee range because you'll take a beating.

Random Tips:
  • Take the Blame trait! This is the 400% threat trait and it's how you make things mad at you.
  • One of the best ways to tank melee enemies is to simply run away from them. Hit them with Onslaught to knock them down and then book it. Time they have to spend trying to get to you is free damage time for your allies. This is especially potent if one of your allies has a slowing skill (say, Necromancers).
  • When possible, abuse line of sight to tie enemies up. Time an enemy spends running around a block to get line of sight on you is free damage time for your allies.
  • If you've got a good Lightbender in your group the amount of shields you'll have goes up significantly, but it also means that you should be aware of your cooldowns so you don't double-apply your shields. This only really matters once things start getting harder though.
  • The first Talent out of the starting position on the upper Ascension Grid gives you a 5% shield on dash for 3 seconds. This can be really helpful in helping to fill out the downtime in your shield. Just make sure you don't use too many dashes and get hit by a telegraphed attack.
  • Diamond foes in 5-mans are deceptively powerful. They don't have a lot of HP, but they do have a huge amount of offensive ability relative to the HP. Be very careful when grouping them up so that you don't get spiked for half your health.

Wow that was a lot of words, didn't think it'd end up that long.

Anal Papist
Jun 2, 2011

Another important Reddit update

Reddit the frontpage of the internet posted:

With all the Premium Code giveaways going on, I decided to create a page that lists all the giveaways on one place so that they are easier to track. Bookmark and check often for new Skyforge Giveaways! (orcz.com)

https://www.reddit.com/r/Skyforge/comments/3eial8/with_all_the_premium_code_giveaways_going_on_i/

Anal Papist
Jun 2, 2011

Ass_Burgerer posted:

Have no fear friend the fine folks at r/skyforge have your back.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Skyforge/comments/3ei9kc/necromancer_stat_priority/

Reddit a bastion of free speech in a turbulent world posted:

Strength, Luck, Crushing Blow, Critical Chance, and Accuracy.

Stat priority might be something like:

Luck > Strength (for your main stats)

then,

Crushing Blow > Critical Chance > Accuracy (for your secondary stats)

Luck is your best stat because Necromancer has a lot of talents and specials that boost critical chance: +24% critical chance for hellfire from offhand, +70% critical chance and +70% critical damage for plaque and body drop meteor after an execute (and this talent is currently bugged and gives you a stacking +70% damage every time you execute on your body drop meteor, so you can get ABSURD meteor crits if you stack luck), and 100% crit chance from your fear dot.

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

Free range, farm raised shadows.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Whelp game really ramps up at MSM, can't seem to get any bites queueing into 1* version of it and people seem very prone to wiping on the 2* version.

Also are there any chat commands for changing channels? Stuff like /vicinity /region don't do a thing.

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

ShiroIchida posted:

Celestial Shield(2): I have no idea what the level 2 version of this skill does because the description is exactly the same.

You missed a word. It says the shield detonates if it's not broken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zizi
Jan 7, 2010

For what it's worth, this lines up well with my experience playing Paladin so far. Only difference is I use the shields to absorb the weaker group and boss attacks and just dodge the big hits, but I also haven't tanked much in the way of 5-mans, either, so that may change.

• Locked thread