Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

Drakes posted:

Also are there any chat commands for changing channels? Stuff like /vicinity /region don't do a thing.

Try hitting the up/down keys on your keyboard with the chat window open.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

auzuguwu
Oct 30, 2011

Drakes posted:

Whelp game really ramps up at MSM, can't seem to get any bites queueing into 1* version of it and people seem very prone to wiping on the 2* version.

Also are there any chat commands for changing channels? Stuff like /vicinity /region don't do a thing.

press enter then arrow keys up or down, if you want to scroll use the chat menus while in your menu screen

Arthil
Feb 17, 2012

A Beard of Constant Sorrow
If you get a group that's patient, MSM is really fulfilling once you figure it out. Though the last boss is kind of a complete joke compared to the first one.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.
I still can't play this game because my character is not learning the basic attack skill and therefore I cannot kill things. On two accounts now. Strangely enough works fine on EU server, but 200 ping is gonna make this poo poo unplayable. Shame, this game almost looked fun.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

SweetBro posted:

I still can't play this game because my character is not learning the basic attack skill and therefore I cannot kill things. On two accounts now. Strangely enough works fine on EU server, but 200 ping is gonna make this poo poo unplayable. Shame, this game almost looked fun.

Uninstall your computer.

Clairetic
Nov 3, 2008

I don't even know my own credit card information.
Assuming the sell price = 86% of buy price
and
combine cost = 3(rank) * 100

Then rank 4 and 5 mods are also better to sell than combine with the current fixed prices. (same as rank 1)

Ranks 2, 3 and 6 are better to keep for combining into higher ranks.

Sadly no infinite money loop

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Tried a gunner promo and didn't really like it - now I don't know what to aim for. I have Archer (which I haven't touched) and am very happy with the mobility and general fun having of Alch.

How is punchmancer? I've tried the training and it seems like your right click roots of at the end?

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!
If you're referring to the rocks, yeah it does root you. So do several Archer attacks. It seems to be a common aspect of ranged charged abilities.

To answer your question:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpuveGPBH2s

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

To be a little clearer, ranged charged attacks root you when you release the attack, you can still move while charging. If you dash it will break the charge, also dashing with archer resets any arrow swap you've done.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Zizi posted:

For what it's worth, this lines up well with my experience playing Paladin so far. Only difference is I use the shields to absorb the weaker group and boss attacks and just dodge the big hits, but I also haven't tanked much in the way of 5-mans, either, so that may change.

Not that's what you do. You are a tank but if you try to face tank the big hits without your 3 up you're an idiot. Also tanking may involve a lot of kiting in this game and for some bosses you are just better off switching to a ranged class if you have one.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Liberatore posted:

If you're referring to the rocks, yeah it does root you. So do several Archer attacks. It seems to be a common aspect of ranged charged abilities.

To answer your question:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpuveGPBH2s

A guy in the 3v3 pvp did that to my paladin after all my shields went down. It was literally a 2 second window and he cast fist and got me from 90% life to dead. I don't know exactly what restrictions they got on that move but someone needs to calm it the gently caress down.

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61
Well, seems like most people have their classes unlocked and switched at 5000 prestige. No more 3 pally groups so far, thankfully.
Nm, found the guide a few pages back.

Khako fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Jul 25, 2015

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Lemon King posted:

Free range, farm raised shadows.

Why are you not posting the CFG maaaan..

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Khako posted:

Well, seems like most people have their classes unlocked and switched at 5000 prestige. No more 3 pally groups so far, thankfully.
Nm, found the guide a few pages back.

I missed your edit but if anyone effortposts a guide I am going to add a link to it in the OP under the class. Some of you are a bit off base with understanding your poo poo but in time I am sure you will all suck less when you find your class of choice. I was gonna just quote the posts and drop them in the OP but motherfuckers started to drop pages of effort so I had to resort to post links.

We are still short some classes with no writeups and some writeups are just someone glazing over the class from what they know in the training room and poo poo. When I get the time Ill weed out some of the garbage ones and reformat that poo poo. That paladin one that came up reciently was good but I don't know what the gently caress he ment by saying the paladin wasn't a tank and he needed to dodge. Very few bosses in the game make my paladin move with how I manage shields. The big guy in HT with the swarm of adds comes to mind. Paladins can stand in most of the poo poo in the game if you time it right. Then again I just stand in it because it's entertaining me even though I know it is needless risk that could easily be avoided.

Edit: If I missed a sperg post then someone tell me so I can add it. The pages on this thread are starting to get book worthy.

Drinkfist fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Jul 25, 2015

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61
Oh, asked a question about cryos but there was a guide by clairetic that answered it. Made the switch to it and clear speeds are so much faster. I'll probably rock cryo until I get witch.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Yeah there are a few things I disagree with in the Paladin thing. What you said for once but also that you're never gonna use Massive Verdict in combat because it has a cast time. A fairly long cast time. Don't get me wrong it's great for pulling trash but if that's not an issue which it shouldn't be I'd almost recommend sticking with the basic damage one or oddly enough take the knockdown one for some ranged interrupt.

Don't use your ultimate on trash, you have decent alternatives for that and the damage it does sucks either way. Mostly I just ignore it but with the damage resist and immunity to control poo poo it seems like another oh poo poo button for boss fights so that's probably where you'll get the most use out of it.

The first two columns are easier, you want Divine Scourge and Onslaught 2 period, the third choice is sort of up to you though. I can say though that without thoroughly testing Celestial Shield 2 that my Shield 1 rarely survives the full duration, in parts because I use it for burst or it just doesn't last all that long when I'm tanking trash. For bosses it would be pretty good, those usually don't do enough damage to take it down unless you're standing in something you shouldn't be standing in but bosses are mostly easy anyway and I doubt it's worth switching it out.

The final thing I can say here is that Surge doesn't seem to be worth it for the super long cooldown and the fact that you don't get to trigger it yourself.

MinorRed
Jul 27, 2011

Drinkfist posted:

A guy in the 3v3 pvp did that to my paladin after all my shields went down. It was literally a 2 second window and he cast fist and got me from 90% life to dead. I don't know exactly what restrictions they got on that move but someone needs to calm it the gently caress down.

A kinetic can only do that once every 30 seconds, if they time it right. They put up the gravity bubble, and use an impulse charge, which with the quiescence talent gives a 35% increase to damage for a total of 75% with the bubble, and then pop gravity trap, which guarantees a crit, even with multi hit sledgehammer. Gravity trap only has a 3 sec window where it works, so if they get CC'd for long enough they're poo poo out of luck.

MinorRed fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Jul 25, 2015

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
Is it normal to get all 7 daily login bonuses over a few hours?

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Yes it is. You only get that thing once though so I have to question why they even implemented it.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

MinorRed posted:

A kinetic can only do that once every 30 seconds, if they time it right. They put up the gravity bubble, and use an impulse charge, which with the quiescence talent gives a 35% increase to damage for a total of 75% with the bubble, and then pop gravity trap, which guarantees a crit, even with multi hit sledgehammer. Gravity trap only has a 3 sec window where it works, so if they get CC'd for long enough their poo poo out of luck.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll watch for that setup now. We should be doing duels on the beach so we can get savvy with some of the pvp class tricks.

Morglon posted:

Yeah there are a few things I disagree with in the Paladin thing. What you said for once but also that you're never gonna use Massive Verdict in combat because it has a cast time. A fairly long cast time. Don't get me wrong it's great for pulling trash but if that's not an issue which it shouldn't be I'd almost recommend sticking with the basic damage one or oddly enough take the knockdown one for some ranged interrupt.

Don't use your ultimate on trash, you have decent alternatives for that and the damage it does sucks either way. Mostly I just ignore it but with the damage resist and immunity to control poo poo it seems like another oh poo poo button for boss fights so that's probably where you'll get the most use out of it.

The first two columns are easier, you want Divine Scourge and Onslaught 2 period,

I use the Ult on garbage because it is pretty worthless. All it really provides is another holy ground which has a stupid cooldown. Most of the boss fights I deal with only require energy room for the immortal shield which is already cheap. No reason to be dumping your energy on a barrage of attacks when you got such a huge lead on threat. I can only see that sledgehammer move the kenetics use being enough for a peel off but Onslaught 1 is enough to just retaunt that single target attack.

I don't even bother using Onslaught 2 because I don't see the point. I don't want all the mobs to start the fight on top of me. It's like asking to be gibbed right off the bat. I would rather start off with a rush into Divine Scourge divebomb with the shield blow and knock everything everywhere. With the increased aggro I get from Blame it always holds the aggro. Instead of Onslaught 2 I use the two shield upgrades and just have the damage shield keep blowing up on its own if it can hold or scourge it off so aoe aggro is fine (I should mention that all my amulets buff the shield blow). The immortal shield move is great when you got someone loving around in the group and is taking unknown hits. I don't even need to monitor everyone's health because it just defaults to the low health guy(Really funny to see the necromancer wishing for death and the tank won't allow it). Oh I also use the Palm talent so the other shield also gets tossed to teammates.

I see a lot of paladins using that Onslaught 2 and I still don't get it.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
It's how you make sure everything is nice and close to you when you blow up your shield. It also helps wrangling in ranged mobs or poo poo that's bolting for some reason. I can see why you wouldn't want to get hit as much with Celestial Shield 2 but with 1 you want that bitch to explode on its own so you get the reduced cooldown and can put it back up, even right away if your timing is good. Also Onslaught 2 is an AoE interrupt, it stops everything that can be pulled.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
I only really use the Paladin ultimate on bosses that come surrounded by trash, i.e. the Darnic Village boss. Saves 3 button presses killing rats.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
I was doing Tau Experimental Station and noticed something about the first boss:

His mechanic is that he breaks into 4 tinier guys when he's low on health:

But if you kill them all with the same attack, they ALL drop boss loot + Class Sparks:

The instance is short to boot too, so this is probably the best place to farm post port naori

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

lewtt posted:

I was doing Tau Experimental Station and noticed something about the first boss:

Nice find. Ill have to try this out.

Edit: I hosed up and only got three of em due to a lucky unlucky crit. Also that bossfight is annoying with a paladin. Got a nice blue ring though.

Drinkfist fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Jul 25, 2015

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

I can't read and got a second code that I can't use.

SFDEJ188ISNEYNQ1

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Holy gently caress I suck at this. Claimed already.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

I'd like to thank the devs for the Atlas positioning of the two classes I'm most interested in playing (Kinetic and Alchemist) I couldn't have asked for a more convenient route to one, via the other.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

Roach Warehouse posted:

I'd like to thank the devs for the Atlas positioning of the two classes I'm most interested in playing (Kinetic and Alchemist) I couldn't have asked for a more convenient route to one, via the other.

On the other hand the two I'm most interested in, Monk and Knight, complete loving opposite ends. Also wouldn't mind Witch, but guess what? All three are three of the four edge corner classes.

In an unrelated question, is saving sparks of evolution worth it for some reason or another? I feel like I'm saving them up for the eventual class unlock I care about, but I'm at least two weeks away from that point when I could be spending them on maxing out my current class to make the grind a bit easier.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Found out today that the Alchemist passive aura grants 20% bonus major stats and 15% max HP to all allies within 20 metres.

That's quite nice.

MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

Yeah reading it again the insistence I had on "Dodge everything!" seems a bit weird in that I was thinking more dodge=moving slightly to the right or left to avoid a telegraphed attack, versus literally hitting the dodge button so that comes off a bit confusing. I was just trying to emphasize "Don't stand in front of him when he's holding his axe in the air and shining." I also think that I must've been unclear in the guide because

quote:

For what it's worth, this lines up well with my experience playing Paladin so far. Only difference is I use the shields to absorb the weaker group and boss attacks and just dodge the big hits, but I also haven't tanked much in the way of 5-mans, either, so that may change.

is basically what I was trying to say. Use your shield on the basic attacks, move out of the way of the telegraphed attacks, use your immunity if for some reason you get rooted/can't move/have no dodges to get out of the circle in time.

I really like Onslaught II because while it is basically asking to be gibbed, the Paladin also has a skill that gives immunity to being gibbed, so it works out if you stack them. It's super amazing if your allies have AoE slows because that lets you put them all in the slow and then stand back and laugh. I usually start off pulls by using Verdict from a distance, then Onslaught II -> Aegis of Light which gives the group a nice target to hit, and then I pop shield right before the 3rd hit of my combo to knock everything down right about when Aegis of Light is ending so I have space to run away.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
They really need to fix the de-sync between auto attack damage and animations. TIred of popping a damage shield and still taking 1/2 my healths damage 2 seconds later because damage was calculated at the beginning of the attack and not when it connected.

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

Stanley Pain posted:

Why are you not posting the CFG maaaan..

Because I'm doing some weird stuff to get around cfg file checks and I'm also still finding new cvars to toy with.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Lemon King posted:

Because I'm doing some weird stuff to get around cfg file checks.

Post this info please and thank you ;)

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

It's amazing to realize how little damage a paladin does when you get a class preview option for one of the damage-dealing classes.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Some of the skill translations list range in yards but the game uses metres.

Is this just a case of Obsidian deciding Americans can't understand metric, and yd = m, or do I actually have to loving convert

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

rantmo posted:

It's amazing to realize how little damage a paladin does when you get a class preview option for one of the damage-dealing classes.

Yeah, I stuck with Paladin for a while due to people saying Paladin is only slight worse than others. Then I started encountering more DPS in groups and doing the 5mans, the difference is huge.

Big Floppy
Apr 30, 2006

So I found out that when you get all the abilities of a class you get new armor unlocked. You can google class mastery costumes to find the youtubes as well.

Female versions

Male versions

Here is a link to each one in bigger sizes with front and back looks like.

Melanion
Jun 7, 2011

heard the walls are paper thin from where you are to where I am
So I'm guessing if the class I'm playing now is not the one I'm ultimately aiming for, I should save my Sparks of Evolution?

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

Stanley Pain posted:

Post this info please and thank you ;)

I'll post it sometime in the future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo

Melanion posted:

So I'm guessing if the class I'm playing now is not the one I'm ultimately aiming for, I should save my Sparks of Evolution?

Depends, unlocking every ability and talent in a class gives you another costume, more symbol slots and the class symbol. So decide if you want those! If not, spend them on the class you do want to play.

• Locked thread