Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Hokuto Brother?
This poll is closed.
Kenshiro 35 38.46%
Toki 16 17.58%
Jagi 20 21.98%
Raoh 20 21.98%
Total: 91 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

The girl in the asian grocery store apologised profusely for having run out of azuki bean paste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm going to a barbeque later and there's only going to like two people I know there so I've started drinking early.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

Azkaban was the last good one before everything got bloated and full of plot holes. I like bits of the others though.

I thought Goblet of Fire was the last really good one.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I kind of lost interest in Kamen Rider awhile ago, but this upcoming series looks p. cool. It's called Kamen Rider Ghost, he wears a hoodie, and he summons the ghosts of Tutankhamen, Billy the Kid, Oda Nobunaga, and Beethoven to help him in battle.

I hope it's less goofy than Drive. As soon as the belt started talking, I was like, "i'm out"

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I remember thinking Goblet was dumb for some reason, but I could be thinking of the movie. I haven't read any of the books since they were first published.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

I remember thinking Goblet was dumb for some reason, but I could be thinking of the movie. I haven't read any of the books since they were first published.

iirc that's the primary moment where it became a lot less whimsical and way more serious.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Sakurazuka posted:

I'm going to a barbeque later and there's only going to like two people I know there so I've started drinking early.

This doesn't seem like a barbecue worth going to, even while drunk. Stay home, watch anime.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I'm back. It's really warm out today!

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Now for the real dilemma: videogames, or anime?

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Srice posted:

iirc that's the primary moment where it became a lot less whimsical and way more serious.

I thought it got serious in a good way but the following books just weren't as good.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

GorfZaplen posted:

Now for the real dilemma: videogames, or anime?

a lot of good anime air saturday mornings on crunchyroll

it's like saturday morning cartoons never left

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I hated Goblet of Fire. Harry complains all the time, and people are dicks to him for zero reason. That was a problem the whole series had, where Harry is set up as this kid in a lovely life where everything sucks for him, but as soon as he gets to the wizarding world it turns out he's famous and super-rich and the principal and most of the teachers love him and he's the star of the school's football team. So she's gotta invent some bullshit drama to make it seem like he's not got it great.

The worst part was how Harry acted. OK, he didn't want to be in the weird wizard fight, whatever. But he's handed every single victory by some one else. He puts in basically no effort and is just given success by other characters. I know at the end that turned out to be the bad guy's plan, but the book is 1400 loving pages long of Harry whining, doing nothing, and then having victory handed to him on a silver platter. I don't give a poo poo if there's a twist on page 1,355 that makes it less obnoxious.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

I thought it got serious in a good way but the following books just weren't as good.

Yeah I agree.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

This doesn't seem like a barbecue worth going to, even while drunk. Stay home, watch anime.

Nah, the two people are good friends and I said I'd go, so.

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

Instead of getting mad at Harry Potter, you should watch Little Witch Academmia

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Cake Attack posted:

a lot of good anime air saturday mornings on crunchyroll

it's like saturday morning cartoons never left

This is true and it's pretty great. I also saved a couple episodes from earlier in the week to increase the cartoon bonanza.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

.jpg posted:

Instead of getting mad at Harry Potter, you should watch Little Witch Academmia

Yeah

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

LOGH is very good.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I have never read a Harry Potter book and don't plan to. I only know who the main characters are from watching a couple of the movies (that I didn't enjoy).

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

the main character is harry potter

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

woah spoiler that poo poo

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
The Harry Potter series is about three stupid children who constantly get in dangerous situations and are saved by stuff Harry's cool dad did years before.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

somebody should make an unserious magic school slice-of-life

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

dogsicle posted:

http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/flying-witch-r7645

a kitten fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Jul 25, 2015

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

dogsicle posted:

studio trigger is on the way

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Endorph posted:

I just wish it was a series.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Endorph posted:

Inferno Cop Academy.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Bad Seafood posted:

Inferno Cop Academy.
kindergarten inferno cop

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

Burrito, the lack of anime in your av concerned me so I improved it

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

lol

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

haha

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

the ascii gif worth a million yen

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

what mud is this from?

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

.jpg posted:

Burrito, the lack of anime in your av concerned me so I improved it

hahaha oh my god

I am so happy to get a .jpg edit, should I keep the same text or use something else?

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Jul 25, 2015

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

use this for your custom title text:

• Locked thread