Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

serious gaylord posted:

He's already been named and shamed online.

Don't just hit and run....LINK!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Getting spit on is a small price to pay for ruining such a great sport. Chapeau to the fans.

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/GeraintThomas86/status/625028157645701120

Sky car gets a warm welcome in the Dutch corner at Alpe d'Huez, incidentally the driver is Servais Knaven (who is Dutch).

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Pvt Dancer posted:

https://twitter.com/GeraintThomas86/status/625028157645701120

Sky car gets a warm welcome in the Dutch corner at Alpe d'Huez, incidentally the driver is Servais Knaven (who is Dutch).

God bless the Dutch

Ted Ed Fred
May 4, 2004

fuck this band

African AIDS cum posted:

God bless the Dutch

gently caress that.

That's no way to behave.

If English fans were to behave like that (as they sometimes do at football matches - gently caress them!) I'd be mortified.

It's just cycling, ffs.

There's nothing funny or clever about doing poo poo you'd be ashamed to do sober with no crowd around you.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Ted Ed Fred posted:

gently caress that.

That's no way to behave.

If English fans were to behave like that (as they sometimes do at football matches - gently caress them!) I'd be mortified.

It's just cycling, ffs.

There's nothing funny or clever about doing poo poo you'd be ashamed to do sober with no crowd around you.

Luckily this isn't soccer, its still relatively a working class sport for the fans. And there is nothing in the video you wouldn't see at a cross race every weekend

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Honestly I was expecting much worse from the Skycar video and I admire them for not setting the car on fire or flipping it off the cliff.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

"C u next year" - Sky fans

Xir
Jul 31, 2007

I smell fan fiction...
I hope Froome is 100% clean and goes on and wins a bunch more races. I'd like these relatively terrible sports fans to be permanently frustrated by him. A lot of examples of how not to act being shown in these stages by these fans. And others, for that matter.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

Xir posted:

I hope Froome is 100% clean and goes on and wins a bunch more races. I'd like these relatively terrible sports fans to be permanently frustrated by him. A lot of examples of how not to act being shown in these stages by these fans. And others, for that matter.

And a lot of examples of how not to act by Sky too.

Box Hill Strangler
Jun 27, 2007

Frozen peas are on special at Woolies! Bargain!
gently caress Froome

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp

Xir posted:

human being

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

mattah
Nov 9, 2003

Oh Pikachu!

Box Hill Strangler posted:

gently caress Froome

Also gently caress Sky.

Iron Beagle
Apr 27, 2007
I'm excited to see the Cav v. Greipel showdown tomorrow. It will be pretty incredible if Greipel can pull that win off, already having a fantastic Tour. Hoping they have that same sprinter cam from last year that followed them to the line and showed the speed off.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Xir posted:

Said every fan who will stop watching the moment Sky's dominance ends and the lies are uncovered.

Box Hill Strangler
Jun 27, 2007

Frozen peas are on special at Woolies! Bargain!
Ill probably watch the chicks race it out and then watch the most boring F1 race of the year than watch the froome nobgobbling tonight.

Vuelta is probably gonna be poo poo too. Im trying to work out whos in it. Froome wont, ports done the 2 gt's, bert is cooked... I guess weve got purito, maybe quintana and nibbles. Did valverde do the giro? Maybe uran (lol remember how he went in equal fave for the giro last year and has done sweet FA since?). Is pozzivivos face fixed yet? Aru.

Thats all pretty uninspiring, a mix of oldies and people half cooked. Maybe itll give us a good race because of it but im not hopeful.

edit: also Adam Hansen vs beer Part 2 https://twitter.com/HansenAdam/status/625054998087487488

Box Hill Strangler fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Jul 26, 2015

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

I want a Dutch fan to brutally make Froome cry in a humiliating way and make the new British cycling fans with their Froomestrong wristbands super mad too

UCI need to ban radios and power meters

ukle
Nov 28, 2005

King Hong Kong posted:

Said every fan who will stop watching the moment Sky's dominance ends and the lies are uncovered.

They wont be, as Sky aren't idiots. Unless there is a massive breakthrough in science you can't test for the way people now dope, well the ones who have any resources and knowledge. I kind of expect there to be a change to the rules on doping in a few years at it really is game over as far as testing is concerned and they need to move to a semi prohibition regime and allowing the 'safe' forms of doping.

Everyone now dopes, as its just so easy and the results in all sports over the past 5+ years show it.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

ukle posted:

They wont be, as Sky aren't idiots. Unless there is a massive breakthrough in science you can't test for the way people now dope, well the ones who have any resources and knowledge. I kind of expect there to be a change to the rules on doping in a few years at it really is game over as far as testing is concerned and they need to move to a semi prohibition regime and allowing the 'safe' forms of doping.

Everyone now dopes, as its just so easy and the results in all sports over the past 5+ years show it.

What's the state of the art in doping?

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Xir posted:

This but with the awful people in this thread.

I mean he's not going to be, but seeing all these 'real fans' just get pant shittingly angry has really made this tour magical for me.

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp

Skarsnik posted:

This but with the awful people in this thread.

I mean he's not going to be, but seeing all these 'real fans' just get pant shittingly angry has really made this tour magical for me.

Another human being

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Parody Threads posted:

Another human being

:qq:

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp
I'm so hip and cool that I'm actually in favor of the superdoping dude with the boring lame team ruining the sport. Sorry to you folks who have an honest interest in seeing real competition, but this is the 201xs so :dealwithit:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Honestly if you've found this tour boring, and consider cycling 'ruined', I feel really sorry for you

I'm just going to keep enjoying the spectacle of the whole thing thanks

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp
he said with a clenched tone, the 2015 team Sky jersey barely contained within his rectum.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

Skarsnik posted:

Honestly if you've found this tour boring, and consider cycling 'ruined', I feel really sorry for you

I'm just going to keep enjoying the spectacle of the whole thing thanks

Cycling as a whole isn't ruined because sky's bullshit regime is only based around the big tours. The spring races are still entertaining, cx is still good, and whatever sky is using doesn't translate as well to the track.

It's just the grand tours that are already questionably low on entertainment value because nobody does anything risky are even more boring thanks to the sky Train.

Someone who paid more attention than me can probably list off the few things they've won or placed in this year

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

If you took sky out of the equation do you think the tours would be any better?

Didn't Astana basically do the same thing last year?

If it wasn't the best way to win they wouldn't be doing it

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Astana had the train going at the Giro too, except Contador just didnt care.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Hoping Cav can get it together today, some of his best wins have been when he's isolated so looking forward to it.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

Skarsnik posted:

If you took sky out of the equation do you think the tours would be any better?

Didn't Astana basically do the same thing last year?

If it wasn't the best way to win they wouldn't be doing it

There's a reason I call the TDF the worst race of the year. I don't think it would be significantly better, but the chance of something good happening would sit slightly higher.

What would happen in a GT if they scratched the TTT and had 5 man teams so big names had less helpers to burn? Maybe give each team 1 "sub" in case of serious accident, but don't let them sub out for being tired, or whatever. Only serious injury/illness as determined by a (neutral) doctor or something.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Apparently French police has opened fire on a car trying to get through barricades for the tour. Even ISIS are mad about froome

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Froome is p bad but I dunno if the racing would be any better without Sky, as soon as you get more than one legit contender the team with the best (ie. boring) tactics will always win.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
No radios, no computers, no contact with team cars outside of major mechanicals.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Without Froome the GC would have been a bit closer, Porte would have stepped into leader role and judging his climbing he'd be in contention. Contador wasn't able to do anything and Nibali was not able to impose himself, the drama may have come from a in fight between Valverde and Quintana for Movistar leadership.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Isn't this the smallest winning margin for a tour since like 2005?

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Those cobbles look slippy as gently caress

e: and also the road in general it seems

Skarsnik fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Jul 26, 2015

Rojkir
Jun 26, 2007

WARNING:I AM A FASCIST PIECE OF SHIT.
Police beatings get me hard

Gibbo posted:

It's just the grand tours that are already questionably low on entertainment value because nobody does anything risky are even more boring thanks to the sky Train.

This isn't caused by Sky, but by the shitload of worldtour points that can be earned for finishing in the top 10 overall.

VacaGrande
Dec 24, 2003
God! A red nugget! A fat egg under a dog!
Don't forget the whole UCI World Tour points thing. That's the reason you see guys putting their whole train on the front to protect their 8th place on GC and not making the kind of big risky attacks we all want to see. Racing won't get fun again until they're back to racing for the win.

Sky was surprisingly fun during the classics this year. See Thomas's E3 win and Stannard beating the entire EQS team at the Omloop. They're just boring as hell when they're racing for GC.

e:f,b on the points thing

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
The first time they cross the finish line will be the 'official' finish of the tour because the finish circuit is so wet and slippery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

There was hardly anyone left by the end of La Course, I'm not surprised