Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Gorilla Salad posted:

Important lesson: nobody likes a wanker. - Old Jungle Saying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

*for the ghost who wanks

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Johnny Aztec posted:

Man, I looked this up the other day. That garbage patch is composed of very small to microscopic bits of plastics. If you didn't know it was there, you'd pass right on by it without ever seeing anything.

My son and I watched the Vice "documentary" about that since they were claiming it was the "Garbage Island in the Pacific". You're exactly right. We were pretty annoyed at the fact that this giant island of plastic bottles didn't exist. Oh well. It's a problem still, but vastly overrated I think.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

I thought they took Autopia out of Disneyland ages ago (around the same time they took out the submarine ride I loved so much :( ), but apparently this is not the case. I'm surprised. As far as I can remember, there's not much to see; you just kind of drive around a track.

Luann

OH MY GOD

The Amazing Spider-Man

A "keen-edged throwing bat"? Can Batman get up his rear end for copyright infringement now?

Sally Forth

That's happened to me. Not the teacup/bench part, but the putting your feet down in a ride and finding water up to your ankles part. It's a bummer.

The Heart of Juliet Jones

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I guess Wiley's mad this week because someone called him gay because he doesn't eat meat

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo

Julet Esqu posted:

Luann

OH MY GOD

Hmmm... Luann is shown to be selfish, short sighted and whiny. None of those are good qualities for looking after children. This is totally just "Main character is amazing" contrary to the entirety of her character.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Julet Esqu posted:

I thought they took Autopia out of Disneyland ages ago (around the same time they took out the submarine ride I loved so much :( ), but apparently this is not the case. I'm surprised. As far as I can remember, there's not much to see; you just kind of drive around a track.

I also thought Autopia got replaced by Radiator Springs Races, but I guess not. The Submarine Ride is still there, too, just rebranded for Finding Nemo, and they added a projection system to the portholes to make a little story. They closed it ages ago, and were going to retool it for some other movies, but they didn't do well enough until Nemo came along.

Autopia's height minimum is 34" inches, and that's probably the lowest minimum in the park, ignoring the 'any height' ones. 2' 10". On average, kids reach 34" by their 2nd birthday. A 7-year-old is typically about 4' tall. Billy is significantly shorter than a 2-year-old.

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

Julet Esqu posted:

Sally Forth

That's happened to me. Not the teacup/bench part, but the putting your feet down in a ride and finding water up to your ankles part. It's a bummer.

in my experience, water on the floor of a carnival ride usually means they just got done hosing out someone's puke.

Have fun, kids!

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Andertoons

Lost Side of Suburbia

Dick Tracy

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

So I guess Mayor Juliet Jones is going to be defeating one angry good ol' boy after another. I am ok with this.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
By a strange coincidence, all of my comics didn't update for three days, then posted four days' backdated comics today.

Reply All

Pearls Before Swine

Pros & Cons

Geomancing
Jan 8, 2004

I am not an egghead. I am well-read.
I love Pros and Cons so much.

I also miss Everett True, but I guess the last time it was posted we were heading into the World War 1 propaganda era. That's a bummer.

treasureplane
Jul 12, 2008

throwing darts in lovers' eyes, &c.

ZeeToo posted:

Pros & Cons

Just wanted to highlight this one because it's fantastic.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Wanamingo posted:

Lost Side of Suburbia

I know what this has been reminding me of. The Thief of Always! I should reread that, but sadly I loaned out the copy we had and never got it back.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

I am not sure what this one is. I guess the lines sort of look like long-jump areas? Or maybe it's because it's far from the door to the building? I don't see why it wouldn't be "Marathoners Parking" or something then though. Or "Long-Jumpers Parking" for the previous, for that matter.

Please, discus. :v:

Mary Worth

I think he's talking about anal.

Rex Morgan MD

Whoa! Rex! At least wait until Sarah's asleep!

Secret Agent X-9

Resident Idiot
May 11, 2007

Maxine13
Grimey Drawer

Geomancing posted:

I love Pros and Cons so much.

I also miss Everett True, but I guess the last time it was posted we were heading into the World War 1 propaganda era. That's a bummer.

Didn't some goon get a copy of an Everett True collection, and they had plans to digitize it?

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Johnny Walker posted:

F Minus

I am not sure what this one is. I guess the lines sort of look like long-jump areas? Or maybe it's because it's far from the door to the building? I don't see why it wouldn't be "Marathoners Parking" or something then though. Or "Long-Jumpers Parking" for the previous, for that matter.

Perhaps the lines could be used as hurdles?

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

Oh my god that's beautiful. Wife and I just had a nice steak dinner with cab sauv, and we're all relaxing and poo poo, and then I read this and lose it and she says are you OK what's so funny. For like 2 minutes. Johnny Walker you rock!

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

Evil Mastermind posted:

Working Daze does another "nerds leaving a nerd movie" joke.

I hate these two.

I hate them so much.

Fortunately, Evil Mastermind also posted:

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix needs to get with the times.

This reminds me of Almost Live's Lame List.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Johnny Walker posted:

F Minus

Most people aren't decathletes. So the parking lot is empty. :geno:

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Oh come on, everybody knows what the true bookstore killers are.

hi-and-lois-everything-has-a-cost.gif

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Magnificent.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Phantom Classic

Radio Patrol

Awwwww, man. Another 40's organ solo. Gets me hot!

Rip Kirby

Big Ben Bolt

Julet Esqu fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Jul 26, 2015

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm surprised Rip Haywire's plying out like this; a universal reboot that only changed the circumstances for how Rip and Breezy got together, etc.

I know people were upset about the reboot being a cheap cop out. But what is it if the characters wind up in similar circumstances to what they originally had?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

RandomPauI posted:

I'm surprised Rip Haywire's plying out like this; a universal reboot that only changed the circumstances for how Rip and Breezy got together, etc.

I know people were upset about the reboot being a cheap cop out. But what is it if the characters wind up in similar circumstances to what they originally had?

A waste of time?

crosshatch
Dec 10, 2006

Julet Esqu posted:

The Heart of Juliet Jones

I just can't tell if I'm supposed to be rooting for the handsome, dedicated teacher or the shrill, wild-eyed councilman.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

9 Chickweed Lane

I didn't realize that Amos had already moved in with Edda.

Pibgorn

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

Aardmania posted:

Dick Tracy

Mr. Bigg was Card Crusher all along!

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

When they passed out body parts in the comics today, I got Cathy's nose and Dick Tracy's private parts.

I relish the image of Brooke furiously scribbling away as he sits in his desolate booth at Comic-Con (right between the booths of Rob Liefeld and a guy who played a random forehead alien on Star Trek: Voyager)

The only visitors are the intern who brought him a wilted salad from Arby's, and a small child in an Adventure Time costume pointing and saying, "Daddy, who's that scary old man?"

Simian_Prime fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Jul 26, 2015

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

The Phantom

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

The stormtrooper dad (or mom?) one is kind of nice, but between the earlier morbidly obese Batman and this Superman, I'm wondering how much time Brooke actually spent observing people as opposed to just scribbling out lazy cliches.

oh, who am I kidding. He probably has a "private sketchbook" of sexy female cosplayers.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The perspective and scale on that stormtrooper pram is awful. Unless it's pushing a toy pram with a toy baby in it, which isn't impossible I suppose.

Also, the woman behind has dislocated her knee.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Aardmania posted:

Dick Tracy

What's wrong with your faaaaaaace???:stonk:

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

RandomPauI posted:

There were a lot of people in the GoComics comments who hated the fact that Rip and Breezy were together and wanted him to end up with Cobra. They were all hoping the retcon meant that Rip was going to end up with the woman who was constantly screwing him over and trying to kill him.

I'm guessing the retcon has the double purpose of a) fixing the "Rip is married and in the 'burbs" thing because Thompson realized too late that it didn't work, and b) screwing with those fans.

Aardmania posted:

Dick Tracy

Wow, that's...anticlimactic.

The Dinette Set invests wisely.

Working Daze has a lot to apologize for.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix is just counting the days.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Evil Mastermind posted:

There were a lot of people in the GoComics comments who hated the fact that Rip and Breezy were together and wanted him to end up with Cobra. They were all hoping the retcon meant that Rip was going to end up with the woman who was constantly screwing him over and trying to kill him.

I'm guessing the retcon has the double purpose of a) fixing the "Rip is married and in the 'burbs" thing because Thompson realized too late that it didn't work, and b) screwing with those fans.

The retcon also seems to have erased TNT and Rip Junior from the strip -- I wonder if Thompson has decided to drop them for good or if he's just waiting for a good point to reintroduce them.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Evil Mastermind posted:

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix is just counting the days.

I think my laughing at this is proof of something and not something positive either.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Ohio finally got rid of the stupid 10 test PARCC series, but "common core" is still required. Teachers really don't have much latitude in choosing their curriculum. It seems nowadays, if you're lucky, you can get a couple of AP teachers that change things up nicely.

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

9 Chickweed Lane 7/26/2004

What?

Zits

This is excellent. I've dated a few girls that were exactly like this.

Kevin & Kell

Well, uh, that's nice I guess.

Mark Trail

4 inches?! I'd poo poo myself if I turned over a rock and saw that. And they loving come after you? gently caress bugs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Yeah, like nerds would actually go outside!

• Locked thread