Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Cross Faction won't be in Update 7. They said that they're wanting to integrate that into the mass fixes for the Grouping system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
So no Stam regen while blocking changes tanking quite a bit. Haven't been able to play much for a couple of weeks and when I could, not on my Templar. The Templar build, which I like a lot, is all based around minimizing blocking cost. Probably doesn't work anymore, huh?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Three months between a new region seems pretty respectable, if they stick to it, I can't imagine they could get it out much faster than that.

Fortunately with 1.6 and the console launch out of the way all they really have left to do is, you know, work on the games content.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Some additional stuff, gotten by hanging out with the dev team after the panel and then joining them for dinner.

-Orsinium will play out like Coldharbour storyline, with your actions as you progress through the zone having an effect throughout the area (the city becomes busier, etc)
-Camel mount will hit the store eventually
-There's a very rare reward from the Imperial City Treasure Vaults: A Xivkyn polymorph that when you use the Heavy Armor version, will make you look almost exactly like one of the many Xivkyn rolling around in the city. Could lead to some interesting PvP strategies

Also, the ESO dev team is pretty cool, and had a kickass time during dinner with them. 10/10 would attend a panel again.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Got this on PC with the GMG sale. Somebody is telling me that argonians are terrible and the racials in this game actually matter. Is that true? Should I pony up for the cross faction or imperial pack things?

Glockenapfel
Mar 9, 2013

Did they say anything about adding text chat to console?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Got this on PC with the GMG sale. Somebody is telling me that argonians are terrible and the racials in this game actually matter. Is that true? Should I pony up for the cross faction or imperial pack things?

Argonians are good healers. Whether you want to chalk up for the cross faction stuff is up to you.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I just created another character in the EP, I'd love an invite to the goon group/guild. Character name is Zhanthal or Zanthel, I did it quickly and can't remember the exact spelling.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

Scyantific posted:

Camel mount will hit the store eventually

:swoon: Yes!

Good on them for working on cross-faction dungeons. It really should have been in place a long time ago, but it's better late than never.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Dark Brotherhood is always my favorite part of every Elder Scrolls game so I can't wait for that :sweatdrop:

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I hope with the dlc expansion there isn't just some giant void in the pvp area that only the selected can go through and exit on the other side.

also why was this not mocked

quote:

Along with the Imperial City DLC game pack launch, everyone who owns The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited will receive the base-game patch at no cost. The base-game Imperial City patch includes hundreds of fixes and improvements to existing game systems and content including combat, classes and skill lines, the Alliance War, dungeons, and quests.

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

MinorRed posted:

I also had a question about runes. I'm finding a lot of the square and triangle? ones, but not the circles. Is that just bad luck or are they rarer?

I think it's gotta be random. I've got a ton of triangles and circles, but no squares.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Third World Reggin posted:

Probably because if they hadn't spelled that out, there would've been plenty of dumb people complaining about it? :v:

radintorov fucked around with this message at 11:18 on Jul 25, 2015

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I'm going to assume that the gameplay fixes are free for everyone, but it's just the extra quests, areas, and content that'll be exclusive to the "dlc", right?

Inevitablelongshot
Mar 26, 2010
Would love an invite to the Ebonheart guild. Userid- desprittymes

edit- pc

Inevitablelongshot fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Jul 25, 2015

high six
Feb 6, 2010
Looking for a guild invite on Ebonheart character Stab Captain, on PC.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

I hope with the dlc expansion there isn't just some giant void in the pvp area that only the selected can go through and exit on the other side.

Someone pointed that out on their forums and said that the way they worded it seemed like they were seriously considering putting the patch behind a pay wall.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

So I'm thinking of picking this up for the PS4 today and I had a question that I believe I know the answer to already. My brother has an Xbox One and he's also interested in playing ESO, I'm going to assume I can't play along with him since I'm on a PS4 right?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Correct. No cross-platform play.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday
Forget cross-faction, we need cross-platform play.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

God drat it there's a 15gb patch on the PS4 version and it's going to take me 14 hours to download it with a wired connection :downs:

e. It went down to 4 so that's okay I guess.

Skeezy fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Jul 25, 2015

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Anyone else here playing a Healer Templar? Am I dumb for doing so? Currently specced mostly into Sword/Board and Healing with a bit in whatever the DD line is for soloing.

Played on dungeons last night and went okay. I basically stood there spamming heals while blocking.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Akion posted:

Anyone else here playing a Healer Templar? Am I dumb for doing so? Currently specced mostly into Sword/Board and Healing with a bit in whatever the DD line is for soloing.

Played on dungeons last night and went okay. I basically stood there spamming heals while blocking.

Dude you'll have no problem finding a group as a healer Templar.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

because ESO fans are really stupid and if they had not spelled it out people would think that the patch was going to be paid dlc

Beach Party
May 2, 2012

"I took the most excellent hit of my life. Next thing I knew, I was on the beach taking in some cosmic rays gettin healed by mother nature. Takin in a little brewski, holdin on to a beautiful babe. And I'm fine today!"

Akion posted:

A lot of people will only run higher end stuff with a Templar healer because they are viewed as the best healers in the game due to all the extra skills and passives they get to play around with. That being said, any content can be cleared by any class of healer. Same goes with tanks.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Any place I get this game cheaper than the usual 60$ price tag?

I hate yankees
Apr 29, 2008
I'm on Cadwell's Gold and I'm noticing I don't see as many people running around. I'm on PS4, so I figured I'd see more people since the game is relatively new. This is my third dolemn in a row that I basically solo'd. A random dude with perfect timing runs up on the last anchor right before the bosses die each time.

Is that normal? Do people not play through the other quest lines to level veteran ranks or something? It'd be pretty cool if the game let you select a "veteran" version of these zones that all factions could play together on or something.

Also, I've been trying to find M'aiq and he's never where the map says he is (esomap.uesp.net). Does he appear at certain times or something?

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

That's how PC was at launch too. Everyone his VR realizes how bad the grind is and then quits.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Fat_Cow posted:

Any place I get this game cheaper than the usual 60$ price tag?

Gamestop has the console versions for $40 if you're into that.

Edit: I'm only level 3 and at the Watch or whatever and I'm enjoying it a lot. Haven't done anything except listen in on someones conversation for 30 minutes, and mess around with emotes.

It's a good time so far. Haven't enjoyed an MMO in a long time. I'm not sure if you can add me to the Eb guild yet but my character name is Zaveid (PSN is Darknight630)

Edit 2: Thanks for the invites :3:

Skeezy fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Jul 26, 2015

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

I hate yankees posted:

I'm on Cadwell's Gold and I'm noticing I don't see as many people running around. I'm on PS4, so I figured I'd see more people since the game is relatively new. This is my third dolemn in a row that I basically solo'd. A random dude with perfect timing runs up on the last anchor right before the bosses die each time.

Is that normal? Do people not play through the other quest lines to level veteran ranks or something? It'd be pretty cool if the game let you select a "veteran" version of these zones that all factions could play together on or something.

Also, I've been trying to find M'aiq and he's never where the map says he is (esomap.uesp.net). Does he appear at certain times or something?

Yeah a lot of people don't bother with Silver let alone Gold, and those that do often only do the almanac stuff. I'm a completionist, so I usually find myself spamming in the main city for someone who's in that area, and just knock out all the bosses, dolmens, and public dungeon all in one go.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Hello, I'd really appreciate being invited to a guild or three on the PC! My username is @Yanaky.

tgidieday
May 7, 2007
You can't kill me, I quit!

I hate yankees posted:

Cadwell's Gold

Most people switch to grinding by the time Cadwell's Gold rolls around. Which is a shame, because Cadwell's Gold is where I get all my money.

I think he's only there for a few minutes every 30.

tgidieday fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Jul 26, 2015

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I barely have time to play this, but my god, I'm running around Ash Mountain, killing scamps and alits, and then some of the Morrowind score starts playing :allears:

Yeah, I'm hooked.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Does the PS4 already have a goon guild for DC? If not, I've made one. Let me know if you want an invite.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!
@DietDrPibb posting for a EP guild invite.

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Akion posted:

I just got the game a few weeks ago (hit 49 today) and am loving playing as a healer templar on one bar and one hand+shield on the other. I can get through almost anything solo but for dungeons? It's crazy how much people want my body for them sweet heals. Its a lot of fun to be able to be social in the game and not a pariah class

thousandcranes
Sep 25, 2007

I do healing with a templar I usually do hs/hs or hs/ds. I feel like there will come a time when I don't need to use a healing staff tho and can use any weapon

InfiniteNoodles
Jul 9, 2008
What's the consensus on splitting crafting skills between alts vs putting everything on one? It seems like I'd want all 3 that use motifs on one, but the bonuses to consumable duration in other skills look nice. Does this game give me enough skill points to do that many crafting skills plus combat skills?

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

InfiniteNoodles posted:

What's the consensus on splitting crafting skills between alts vs putting everything on one? It seems like I'd want all 3 that use motifs on one, but the bonuses to consumable duration in other skills look nice. Does this game give me enough skill points to do that many crafting skills plus combat skills?

You'll have plenty to work on both, but honestly you're not going to need many skill points for combat. You only need a few attacks, and the rest can go to crafting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MinorRed
Jul 27, 2011

Is there some trick to getting provision recipes, or is it a case of luck and buying them from other players?

• Locked thread