Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Apparently some new steam exploit re: password recovery has been leaked and a ton of people have had their accounts hacked in the last hour

https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/3els8w/summit1g_hacked/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Thank god I don't have any good skins :>

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
Going down the reddit rabbithole got me this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPl_BJoBaVA

loving lol if this is actually the case.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

That Tempo/Na'Vi game was a good one. I feel like Tempo surprised a lot of people by taking Inferno from Na'Vi and coming close to winning on Mirage.

Also, autimatic with 43 kills on Inferno and ShahZam with 39. :staredog:

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Icept posted:

Going down the reddit rabbithole got me this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPl_BJoBaVA

loving lol if this is actually the case.

Of course, this neglects to mention that any account with Steam Guard can't be logged into without Steam Guard access still.

Looks like a bunch of streamers have poo poo tier account security.

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

:dukedog:

Kazinsal posted:

Of course, this neglects to mention that any account with Steam Guard can't be logged into without Steam Guard access still.

A lesson in not giving out your real steam username. I laughed when I watched that video, I wonder if Valve security is as lovely as Sony's.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Kazinsal posted:

Wait, they aren't using Steam Guard at all? :laffo:

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Lutha Mahtin posted:

Wait, they aren't using Steam Guard at all? :laffo:

Doubt it for most "old guard" streamers. When Steam Guard was first implemented, all new accounts had it enabled by default. Old accounts didn't have it turned on for them. Anyone playing with the same account since the WON days, for example, would have had to turn Steam Guard on.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

My account is that old I'm just not stupid as a fuckin hell and enabled steam guard.

Faffel fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Jul 26, 2015

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
my account is barely worth poo poo an im still smart enough to use that steam guard thing. idk how you can be a pro/top tier streamer and not have that turned on LMAO

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I also feel it is their fault that steam lets anyone log into any account with no password.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Salt Fish posted:

I also feel it is their fault that steam lets anyone log into any account with no password.

Pretty much this.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
Except if you have Steam Guard on your account, you can't log into it from a new IP without having email access. Anyone who's getting hosed by this already fails basic account security.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Just stop loving blaming people for not having steam guard on. It was a massive fuckup from Valve, not their users.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
^^^

Having steam guard on is smart but Valve should have their poo poo together better than this. It isn't anyone's fault but Valve's that people are gaining access to these accounts through Valve's gaping security hole.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Valve vaguely incompetent at anything but making money news at 11

Fixit
Mar 27, 2010
e: done for the night

Also, what is goonman?

Fixit fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Jul 26, 2015

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
i suck at counter strike gently caress everything gently caress life

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Smol posted:

Just stop loving blaming people for not having steam guard on. It was a massive fuckup from Valve, not their user

yeah um, ok, my account is from pre-steam days (argued with steam support several times about my various hl keys (involved sending them pre-cellphone pics of my boxed copies & cd key stickers)) and just lmao if you think these twitchlords deserve any kind of deference due to their moronic account security

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Regardless of whether people should have been protected by other security features that was a massive and hilarious fuckup.

GZA Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I'm an MG3 trying to add to the group no bueno?

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011
Are any of you on Australian servers?

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Fixit posted:

e: done for the night

Also, what is goonman?

Goony 10mans. Read the OP

GZA Genius posted:

I'm an MG3 trying to add to the group no bueno?

Ask someone for an invite.

mcvey fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Jul 26, 2015

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

kordansk posted:

theres a few australians except im supreme and everyone else is bad so i have to smurf to play with them, a federal crime

Vooze
Oct 29, 2011

kordansk posted:

Was literally just about to post this. I'd like people to play with who will scream racial slurs slightly less frequently. Chuck me a friend request. Also would like to request an invite to the steam group: http://steamcommunity.com/id/vooze

Vooze fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Jul 26, 2015

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

LGB with the 16-0 dream against hellraisers

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!

kordansk posted:

Vooze posted:

Was literally just about to post this. I'd like people to play with who will scream racial slurs slightly less frequently. Chuck me a friend request. Also would like to request an invite to the steam group: http://steamcommunity.com/id/vooze
yes hi I'm the bad player

http://steamcommunity.com/id/russianbridescam/

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006

Smol posted:

I didn't see the first half but what the gently caress is happening, lgb look lost

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stumbletron posted:

I didn't see the first half but what the gently caress is happening, lgb look lost

Idk, they were up like 10-0 at some point, won the first half 13-2. After that though...

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Smol posted:

LGB with the letting-a-huge-lead-run-down-their-leg.

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
I think I just saw dosia smile

Also ANGE1 is a good player I like the way he looks and the sound of his voice

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

what do you guys think about 1v1 arena servers? good practice or is dm better?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

dex_sda posted:

what do you guys think about 1v1 arena servers? good practice or is dm better?
Arena and deathmatch are two sides of a decent practice coin. Also a great place to warm up before games.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

I don't like deathmatch that much because all servers I find have that ping sound when you frag, it messes with my MM game

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
I increased my true sensitivity from 760 (1.9 @ 400) to 880 (1.1 @ 800). Is that still considered really low? At 760 I had pretty good long range control but even turning corners it was hard to maintain a stable crosshair. I primarily wrist aim unless I need to make big turns so I'm wondering if I should go even higher.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

prom candy posted:

I increased my true sensitivity from 760 (1.9 @ 400) to 880 (1.1 @ 800). Is that still considered really low? At 760 I had pretty good long range control but even turning corners it was hard to maintain a stable crosshair. I primarily wrist aim unless I need to make big turns so I'm wondering if I should go even higher.

Thats low for wrist aiming. But it might suit you. Do you make loads of little adjustments with your arm so you're in good position to wrist aim? Have you really tall with long hands and use claw grip?

I recently made a change myself from (400 @ 1.4) 560 to (600 @ 1.2) 720. I still use 95% arm aiming. I can't imagine trying to wrist aim with 720.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
chrisj :stare:

holy poo poo mousesports. Im loving the more animated Launders.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

nex :stare:

E: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26JP-7xaRXI

Smol fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Jul 26, 2015

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Not to sunday afternoon quarterback the guy, but doesn't one usually look down before leaping through that window?

e: then again with two coming in from tunnels one should also expect someone to be watching that spot for you I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

I'm a gold nova master scrublord

http://steamcommunity.com/id/namtaf

• Locked thread