Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Jarogue posted:

[timg] gif of girl inkling and octoling in 2 piece [/timg]

I hope it doesn't get as bad as Pokemon did.

Edit:

Beast Boy nooo.

First he's a kid now he's a squid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Barnyard Protein posted:

lmbo sorry your post was so bad i just assumed it came from reddit

my post is good, i'm just the only one tackling the real issues of why splatoon is geared towards the sexualization of female inklings as if we should avoid the topic of young squid sex. it's not like it's a problem in the world presented to us in splatoon so why is ti so taboo to people who adore the game? the game you love strives to make it popular!

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Supercar Gautier posted:

If you are an adult, then please only be horny for other adults. This is not a lot to ask.

Callie and Marie actually are adults. So you know, all that appalling fanart of them isn't QUITE as creepy as you might think.

Barnyard Protein posted:

lmbo sorry your post was so bad i just assumed it came from reddit

Noirstronaut keeps "ironically" posting about wanting to gently caress inklings and this is okay because the mods think its funny (its not).

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Noirstronaut's gelbooru surfing habits aside, the August update is a week long even, beginning the 3rd, right? I think that's what the Japanese commercial was implying.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
i have never said i want to gently caress an inkling nor did i condone doing such

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

noirstronaut posted:

i have never said i want to gently caress an inkling nor did i condone doing such

Only the guilty defend themselves with "I didn't say that" rather than "I've never done that"

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

In case anyone was really wondering and didn't get it, Reddit doesn't have a built-in spoiler system like that (where it's the whole link) so you can use custom CSS to hack the NSFW feature into a spoiler system.

Jerry Bindle
May 16, 2003

noirstronaut posted:

gas thread, ban noistronaut

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

:allears:

See, the funny thing about this is it's similar (though not exact, yes, I know) to saying that good ol' USofA doesn't have a set age of consent, since there isn't a Federal law about it. Clearly TLC's Toddlers & Tiaras was primarily aimed at sexualizing young children, and Authentic Entertainment had absolutely nothing to fear even though they're based in California which has 18 as it's age of consent.

Edit: Also, I love how there's never any mention of Mexico when this comes up...

Onean fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Jul 26, 2015

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
idk why you guys so vehemently want to avid the topic of your squid girls being the ideal suitors for not only redditors but people worldwide. why do you think they wear small shorts and long tshirts? do you think squid kids really wear the same clothing as humans thousands of years after we die? fashion never changed? right, exactly. NINTENDO did this to YOU to make you view them as products of your affection. it's not a joke. it's real life. if you don't want to tackle the ideology of squid sex in a video game that parades over sexualized octopussies then i cannot help you. the fact of the matter is that squid girls are made to capture the hearts of people everywhere and it's not just stopping here. nintendo forced the fanart scene onto us and the n5 crew took advantage of it and this is the result. nintendo is cashing in on its longterm affects by putting gameplay aside and making it affectionate to showcase these girls on the tv in 1080p so you can imagine them as larger than life and if you use a projector, they can be real to you. you can get real close. it's not my fault that as the only one here who can recognize this, i'm taking advantage. let's be real for a change and not avoid the lust that is mutually shared by redditors for these squids.

Onean posted:

:allears:

See, the funny thing about this is it's similar (though not exact, yes, I know) to saying that good ol' USofA doesn't have a set age of consent, since there isn't a Federal law about it. Clearly TLC's Toddlers & Tiaras was primarily aimed at sexualizing young children, and Authentic Entertainment had absolutely nothing to fear even though they're based in California which has 18 as it's age of consent.

this is probably why the majority of players are either japanese or american. a lot of wiggle room.

Jerry Bindle
May 16, 2003

noirstronaut posted:

idk why you guys so vehemently want to avid the topic of your squid girls being the ideal suitors for not only redditors but people worldwide. why do you think they wear small shorts and long tshirts? do you think squid kids really wear the same clothing as humans thousands of years after we die? fashion never changed? right, exactly. NINTENDO did this to YOU to make you view them as products of your affection. it's not a joke. it's real life. if you don't want to tackle the ideology of squid sex in a video game that parades over sexualized octopussies then i cannot help you. the fact of the matter is that squid girls are made to capture the hearts of people everywhere and it's not just stopping here. nintendo forced the fanart scene onto us and the n5 crew took advantage of it and this is the result. nintendo is cashing in on its longterm affects by putting gameplay aside and making it affectionate to showcase these girls on the tv in 1080p so you can imagine them as larger than life and if you use a projector, they can be real to you. you can get real close. it's not my fault that as the only one here who can recognize this, i'm taking advantage. let's be real for a change and not avoid the lust that is mutually shared by redditors for these squids.

this is probably why the majority of players are either japanese or american. a lot of wiggle room.

seek professional mental help. if i were in a physical room with someone who said that i'd get up and leave, which is what i will do with this thread, peace.

AfroGunsou
Dec 8, 2009

:yeah:
marie always waves at me i think she likes me

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

noirstronaut posted:

You're not a good poster. You're not a funny poster. You're not one of the good shitposters. You're not fooling anyone. You're just kind of a loser

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I really want to get up on those trucks during Splatfest and dance my own fresh moves.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Doom Goon posted:

In case anyone was really wondering and didn't get it, Reddit doesn't have a built-in spoiler system like that (where it's the whole link) so you can use custom CSS to hack the NSFW feature into a spoiler system.

Is it really hard read Spoiler on the tittle and use BBcode, (/ spoiler).

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Looper posted:

You're not a good poster. You're not a funny poster. You're not one of the good shitposters. You're not fooling anyone. You're just kind of a loser

No see he's just tricking people into thinking he's a creep. He's not actually one, just posting exactly like one would. Isn't that hilarious?

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I really want to get up on those trucks during Splatfest and dance my own fresh moves.

I may have spent 10 minutes trying to find a way to glitch onto the trucks during the first splatfest.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
you feel creeped out b/c i raise issues with a game you love and that half of the people you play w. online might have dreams about the character u play with. u pick up the joystick when they pick up theirs

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Looper posted:

I beg to differ.

AfroGunsou
Dec 8, 2009

:yeah:
do you think the inklings have nerve endings in their tentacle hair

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
you're going "hahahaha did you know boobs exist on the internet why are you so weirded out by boobs what a bunch of dumb idiots people jack off to these boobs you dont need to be weirded out by these boobs"

we all know people are writing sexy erotic squid fanfiction, we're not idiots. but at the same time nobody gives a poo poo and we're not even sure why you keep saying it. you obviously jack off to it and want to gently caress a squid, now please do that and leave us alone

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
why would you jack off and gently caress something at the same time?

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
i have never said at the same time

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

noirstronaut posted:

why would you jack off and gently caress something at the same time?

Oh man, you're missing out.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

noirstronaut.jpg

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Noirstronaut's gelbooru surfing habits aside, the August update is a week long even, beginning the 3rd, right? I think that's what the Japanese commercial was implying.

No it's the dates of the new testfires because Japanese children are out on summer vacation

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

dragon enthusiast posted:

No it's the dates of the new testfires because Japanese children are out on summer vacation

Curses. I can't wait longer than that!

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

noirstronaut posted:

Same

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Maybe I should just put noirstronaut on ignore.

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

So uh back to tactics chat:

CatsPajamas posted:

• Remember X is a jump button! Jumping can get you a bit more range on your shots, which is especially useful for a Roller's flick. You can also jump over Seekers and Krakens. Also, many players jump around while firing - if you can adjust your aim faster than your opponent, this seems like a good tactic.

Be careful when you jump, because if you do it in sight of a competent charger or blaster user you WILL get splatted.

Source: I'm a Squiffer main and this is how I get a huge chunk of my splats

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

I may have spent 10 minutes trying to find a way to glitch onto the trucks during the first splatfest.

There has to be a way. Seriously.

EightFlyingCars posted:

Be careful when you jump, because if you do it in sight of a competent charger or blaster user you WILL get splatted.

Source: I'm a Squiffer main and this is how I get a huge chunk of my splats

The Squiffer, having what I think is the shortest charge time, is more suited to this kind of snapshot than other chargers. But yeah, it's still awesome. Go chargers!

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
That's why I hate sniper type weapons in basically every game. It feels like whether or not you die has nothing to do with your own skill and entirely with the other player, since they are on the other side of the map. You can try and duck and jump and do all sorts of stuff to throw their aim off but ultimately if their aim is solid you're going to die and there's not really anything you can do about it other than avoid them completely. Fortunately most snipers are garbage so this is rarely a problem but playing against an expert sniper is one of the most consistently frustrating things for me across all shooters.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
This has proved to be an interesting introduction to the world of Splatoon for me

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

Jumping over Krakens or Rollers is a bit of a crapshoot if lag is an issue. Played against a roller with a Portuguese name and somehow got rolled over when I was nowhere near the bugger.

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Oh yeah. Everyone should try playing as splat/dynamo roller with a download or something going at least once, seriously, to see the difference. While the latency thing is probably mostly a personal bugaboo for me I wish they'd do something about it (even just make it visible so I can shrug it off/be more impressed rather than second guessing).

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
I link info about video game paint buckets and you rear end in a top hat spend two pages falling for the same loving trap over and over again. What the gently caress is wrong with you idiots?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Silentman0 posted:

I link info about video game paint buckets and you rear end in a top hat spend two pages falling for the same loving trap over and over again. What the gently caress is wrong with you idiots?

secret shame re: sexy squids

oopsie rock
Oct 12, 2012

Silentman0 posted:

Not enough people know about the ignore feature, hth

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Silentman0 posted:

Unless its seeing the Bloblobber in action, I don't think people care about reading a bunch of text about a weapon.

Its like walking up to a kid and tell him about a new Nerf gun instead of show that kid the TV commercial.

Jarogue fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Jul 26, 2015

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Yeah I don't think anyone cares about a bunch of text that may not even accurately represent the final state of the weapon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Man just got 4 splatted with sprinklers at the Mall in one match. 2 of them was the same charger.

• Locked thread