Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

I joined to get around the paywall on... I think it was an LP thread. But that's neither here nor there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

neogeo0823 posted:

I joined to get around the paywall on... I think it was an LP thread. But that's neither here nor there.

let me guess.. donpa ronpa

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
i joined to discard my individuality and meld with the goon hivemind

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

a7m2 posted:

'07 regdate is waaay too early for the Dangan Ronpers.

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

I joined because all my friends from high school were doing it and if all my friends were jumping off a bridge I goddamn would too.

White Noise Marine
Apr 14, 2010

Victorkm posted:

I joined because all my friends from high school were doing it and if all my friends were jumping off a bridge I goddamn would too.

I jumped off that bridge.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

I joined because of the Angry Bee Dance thread, so I could tell my story of wtf workplace poo poo

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Tarezax posted:

oh yeah, i don't really put that much effort into researching my accusations

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Tarezax posted:

Early adopter

..of children.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread
I joined when I was raising fish and wanted to ask synthorange questions in the pet forum.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
I joined because of the GTA LP thread.

I like videogames.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

a7m2 posted:

Tarezax posted:

It's Sakura Wars, mark my words.

I know it's why I joined :c00lbert:

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

I joined to stop thread derails. Shut the gently caress up.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Tarezax posted:

The daily bannings for Dangan Ronpa paywall-evading account sharing were a glorious time of tears.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

jaegerx posted:

A noble but pointless endeavor.

Neat Machine
May 5, 2008

heh
Does anyone have a link to that second life video where they're doing some sort of poetry reading and suddenly a penis appears and starts to ejaculate everywhere. Please help me in my time of need, ty

Zombie #246
Apr 26, 2003

Murr rgghhh ahhrghhh fffff
I joined because of why you throw chip

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Pope Guilty posted:

The daily bannings for Dangan Ronpa paywall-evading account sharing were a glorious time of tears.

Speaking of which... Vintage salt from the Dangan Ronpa era:

http://fukawatouko-moved-on.tumblr.com/post/55239208047/psa-banner-ads-on-somethingawful-spoil-the

Tumblr Person posted:

If you’re reading either of orenronen’s Let’s Plays of Dangan Ronpa or Super Dangan Ronpa 2 on the SomethingAwful forums, avoid scrolling to the bottom of the page. Someone actually spent money on banners that reveal most of the big twists and/or deaths in both games.

AdBlock unfortunately does not seem to work on the bottom banner on SA unless you specifically tell it what image to block, and by then it’d be too late. The only option is to avoid scrolling to the bottom of the page, or to buy a no-ads upgrade on your account for 5 dollars.

To put in perspective how pathetic this person (I’m assuming it’s all one person) is, non-profit banner ads on SomethingAwful will run you roughly 30 bucks for a month, and there are 10 of them total. Someone spent at least 300 dollars just to be a dick.

Goons, ladies and gentlemen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUpcl_P9ZTw

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

jaegerx posted:

this derail is upsetting me so i will continue the derail by telling people to stop derailing

heh, griefed. :c00l:

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Third World Reggin posted:

You could do it your self via a quest where you stab your self in the junk in an ice cave screaming "MY LIFE FOR JIANGHU" or paying a crazy guy to do it for you.
like two minutes in
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1xttH4DThQ

Or you could force someone to have their dick cut off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xhjm9zDb3LY

You also took the feminine poses in the game after this happened and had a huge debuff since your dilz just got removed. Also it could fail.
this is some ultima online poo poo but with a cultural influence from a place where powdered rhino horn will help your tiny dick

Magres posted:

lmao

I was flippant on the 4chan board a couple years ago and it turned into this

The internet is a wonderful place
wait as in you set people up to suddenly learn someone was trans at 3rd base?

there's griefing and then there's potentially getting someone beaten into a coma

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Jul 26, 2015

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Shumagorath posted:

there's griefing and then there's potentially getting someone beaten into a coma

lmao what the gently caress. did you reply to the wrong post?

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

This video gives me life, thank you so much for reminding me it exists.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

God I love this website.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Shumagorath posted:

lmao what

No, in some thread on r/4chan a couple years ago someone posted something like "oh god at least it wasn't a trap thread" and I made a joke about "bro trap threads are the best" or something. It was a pretty lame joke, but it certainly didn't lead to anyone getting beaten into a coma :catstare:

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!

Fancy Corndog posted:

Does anyone have a link to that second life video where they're doing some sort of poetry reading and suddenly a penis appears and starts to ejaculate everywhere. Please help me in my time of need, ty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYuxT4CR_nM

It was disturbingly easy for me to pull that back up. At least I think you mean this one, I know I've seen others along the same lines.

Neat Machine
May 5, 2008

heh

Desuwa posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYuxT4CR_nM

It was disturbingly easy for me to pull that back up. At least I think you mean this one, I know I've seen others along the same lines.

That's the one and I thank you dearly

Schnugaf
Mar 23, 2011

The Great Derposaurus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0H-EfSW9XA

A quick recording from a game I had with a couple of friends, I've been branded a traitor ever since.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
people making the assumption that "trap" is transphobic or leads to transphobic violence need to chill the gently caress out

synthetik
Feb 28, 2007

I forgive you, Will. Will you forgive me?

Schnugaf posted:

A quick recording from a game I had with a couple of friends, I've been branded a traitor ever since.

Can you explain what was happening? Did someone on your team die and switch sides?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

It's very easy to concern troll. Just call someone out for saying it and get ready for a huge rant.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

synthetik posted:

Can you explain what was happening? Did someone on your team die and switch sides?

I think it's just that the last guy basically left the rest of his team to get murdered so that he could finish the mission. Not exactly grief per se, since this happens all the time in high difficulty missions, but people still get pissed off when they think you could have stuck around to save them. I have lost track of how many times people will bring up a votekick against me in Left 4 Dead 2 when we are at the end of an escape phase and some moron decided to wander off and get pounced on by a Hunter. No one is going to run out into the mobs to maybe save you, especially when it's your own goddamn fault for being out there, but pubs will never admit to being responsible for their own failures.

Along those lines and to contribute, it's really easy to grief people in L4D2's versus mode simply by playing the game well. Once you've played the maps a few times, it's common to find spots where the right infected combos can wipe out the entire human team. At the same time, it's pretty easy to predict when the infected team is preparing for these set pieces to go down. In No Mercy, there is a section where you have to sneak into a large elevator shaft in order to access a hospital rooftop. As you approach it, there is a set of open elevator doors you have to walk past where it is very easy for a Charger to instantly kill someone. However, if you step out and then quickly retreat, it's almost like clockwork that a Charger will fly right past everyone, fall down the shaft, die, and then start raging that they missed a great opportunity.

What a lot of players don't realize is that there's an even better spot a few rooms later where it is easy to confirm at least one survivor death if you have a Charger and a Smoker or Jockey. Players have to walk down a helipad ramp to get to the escape radio, and if you can stun someone on that ramp, a Charger can carry one of them off of the roof for a guaranteed kill and to split up any tightly grouped Survivors. Since most people are expecting that a Charger is no longer a threat after the previous elevator shaft, they don't expect you to show up a minute later with a more devastating sequence. Since the last map instance is worth the most amount of points, people will absolutely lose their poo poo if you can kill them early on like this.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

synthetik posted:

Nope.

Payday 2, Steam's #1 Bag Hauling Simulator, is a co-op criminal heisting game. It's got similar gameplay to the Left 4 Dead series in that it's you v the computer, and the computer side has "special" units that do different things.

Anyways, what happened was that Fawp & Hock got shot down enough times that they died/went into custody. The "Bain is negotiating" line on the screen is the timer for when you can be released. They talk about hostages, and the mechanic of the game is that you release a hostage to trade for your criminal buddies. Maeby, the guy in the anime girl mask ends up getting downed (by a Cloaker, the high-pitched whine around 3:26 in the video) at the same time as Trumodour, the guy in the sunglasses, makes a break for the truck (the current objective which leads to the escape for that map.) Trumo runs for the truck to get it moving to the last spot on the map. He then takes the armor off of it, and just barely manages to get the parking garage ticket into the machine before he gets downed in the escape zone (the white square at 4:22 or so under the truck.)

e - minor :arghfist:, I explained some of the mechanics of the heist though.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
In Payday 2 being in custody at the end of a game will get you a very minor xp and money penalty but it a) only applies on the last day I believe and b) this particular job shits so much money and xp at you that it's barely noticeable so either way they're getting mad over nothing.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They're not even mad it sounds like! Just impressed and surprised by the luck of the last guy managing to escape just barely.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Didn't even finish watching the video just going by what other people have been saying. There is only one grief in Payday and that is joining a stealth game in progress and firing a rocket launcher.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Schnugaf posted:

You play PD2 without music so you already shouldn't be trusted.

DreadLlama
Jul 15, 2005
Not just for breakfast anymore

Tarezax posted:

Someone spent at least 300 dollars just to be a dick.

This is why goons are the best kind of people.

Schnugaf
Mar 23, 2011

The Great Derposaurus
Yeah, I know it isn't entirely grief, but thought I'd upload for some sub-par content.

I'm the Trumodur fellah and I always have the Evil Eye song playing btw.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

Zombie #246 posted:

I joined because of why you throw chip

loving COME ON!

He was a legend, you know.

I joined up from the WWII photoshop thread, which produced some truly classic images.

(WAIT! Contributing to thread!)

I once called a TF2 player a meaniepants and he felt sad.

:cry:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Schnugaf posted:

Yeah, I know it isn't entirely grief, but thought I'd upload for some sub-par content.

I'm the Trumodur fellah and I always have the Evil Eye song playing btw.

If your friends think that was traitorous, they're idiots.

• Locked thread