Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
Are there any directed flashlight mods?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Bedshaped posted:

Are there any directed flashlight mods?

There's Flashlight NVSE, it works decently enough, but it has its faults.

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause

Thanks a ton. Are these compatible with F3 as well?

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Would anyone here happen to know where to find the console commands for advancing the quest Back in Your Own Backyard? The crucified NCR troopers are, well... gone.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.
Hey dudes I'm having a bit of trouble loading up Fallout 3 GOTY on Steam with FOOK2 and darnUI. I've manually merged everything except the unofficial patch, i have archive invalidated toggled in FOMM. I have the hotfix for darnUI as well. I also have fose installed directly to the Fallout 3 folder and I launch FOSE through FOMM. It crashes after a couple seconds after loading.

Load order is as follows:

Fallout3.esm
Anchorage.esm
ThePitt.esm
BrokenSteel.esm
Pointlookout.esm
Zeta.esm
Unofficial fallout 3 patch.esm
CALIBR.esm
FOOK2 - Main.esm
FOOK2 - DIK DLC improvement kit.esm
DarnifiedUIF3.esp
FOOK2 - main.esp
FOOK2 - DIK DLC improvement kit.esp
FOOK2 - main hotfix.esp
FOOK2 - DIK hotfix.esp

Any help would be appreciated as I'm pretty new to this.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

Doctor Goat posted:

Dog hat is my favorite hat. I didn't know I could turn it off in project nevada so the first time i picked it up and put it on and saw how bad the overlay was I threw it away.

who would wear this

Someone in a post-apocalyptic wasteland with no better alternatives? :confused:

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.
Has anyone else had problems at the Warrington Trainyard area (southwest of Tenpenny Tower) in Fallout 3? I'm running TTW with NMC, Nevada Skies, and ENB, and the game locks up completely when I approach it.

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

ThaumPenguin posted:

There's Flashlight NVSE, it works decently enough, but it has its faults.

It seemed to work quite well but then I started getting endless loading screens so I had to disable the mod to fix it.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Inco posted:

Has anyone else had problems at the Warrington Trainyard area (southwest of Tenpenny Tower) in Fallout 3? I'm running TTW with NMC, Nevada Skies, and ENB, and the game locks up completely when I approach it.

Do you have TTW Fixes installed? NVAC?

Also more screenshots. Realistic Wasteland Lighting Enhancement + the latest ILO + 60 gigs of textures + Freeside/The Strip Open/Outside Bets (Github development versions) + Clean ENB with tweaks to sunglare/etc

e: Also new version of YUP came out today - http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/51664/

Gyshall fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Jul 25, 2015

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

365 Nog Hogger posted:

Someone in a post-apocalyptic wasteland with no better alternatives? :confused:

not wearing those gross glasses is legit a better alternative, or even using a screwdriver to remove the gross glasses

How much work would it take to combine the sink and Lombard? the sink's NPCs own but the lombard wall is super good and cool.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Gyshall posted:

Also more screenshots. Realistic Wasteland Lighting Enhancement + the latest ILO + 60 gigs of textures + Freeside/The Strip Open/Outside Bets (Github development versions) + Clean ENB with tweaks to sunglare/etc

e: Also new version of YUP came out today - http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/51664/

Would you recommend replacing the nexus version of Freeside Open with the more recently updated Github version mid-game (I haven't visited Freeside yet), or is that a really bad idea?

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
I haven't seen a big benefit to freeside open that's worth the apparent instability.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

ThaumPenguin posted:

Would you recommend replacing the nexus version of Freeside Open with the more recently updated Github version mid-game (I haven't visited Freeside yet), or is that a really bad idea?

Start a new game, don't do it mid game.

Doctor Goat posted:

I haven't seen a big benefit to freeside open that's worth the apparent instability.

It is actually pretty stable, both the Nexus and the Github versions. My only problem with it right now is it doesn't seem to want to play nice with FNVLODGEN.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

ThaumPenguin posted:

Would anyone here happen to know where to find the console commands for advancing the quest Back in Your Own Backyard? The crucified NCR troopers are, well... gone.

That happened to me the other day, fortunately walking into and out of over of the barracks fixed it.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Gyshall posted:

It is actually pretty stable, both the Nexus and the Github versions.
That depends on whether your hardware and mod setup are up to running the increased number of NPCs in the bigger area. Both Freeside & Strip Open do make those areas look a lot better, but you do need to a quick testrun to see if you're going to run into crashing, freezing, slowdown or other problems.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
One problem I've had with Freeside Open, for NMM at least, is that I can't always move the FreesideOpenPatch.esp up and down in my plugins. For whatever reason, the esp just refuses to move any lower down the list, unless I reinstall the mod, forcing the ESP down to the bottom. It gave me a bunch of headaches trying to get G.I Blues to work, because Roy wouldn't talk to me and Wayne just acted like an rear end when I tried to question him, locking up the quest.

Question: if I use this new version of the YUP patch, will the v9.0 compatibility patches for WMX and Project Nevada still work?

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Jul 25, 2015

Mosnar
Apr 21, 2007
Dropping Heavy Things From High Places, LLC

Gyshall posted:

Also more screenshots. Realistic Wasteland Lighting Enhancement + the latest ILO + ...

ILO?

Illegal Llama Organization?

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Gyshall posted:

Start a new game, don't do it mid game.

It is actually pretty stable, both the Nexus and the Github versions. My only problem with it right now is it doesn't seem to want to play nice with FNVLODGEN.

Thanks, I've gotten pretty far in my current game though (well I haven't, but I don't want to redo a bunch of stuff), so I think I'll have to pass for now.

But just to make me feel hopelessly conflicted, what changes do the github version bring to the table?

Acebuckeye13 posted:

That happened to me the other day, fortunately walking into and out of over of the barracks fixed it.

Yeah, I fixed it by restarting my game. Well mostly fixed it, the troopers were all nude.
I "resurrected" them using the console, which gave them some sort of unique, bloodied clothing. No idea what mod added that, but I'm assuming it's related to NVR2.

Mosnar posted:

ILO?

Interior Lighting Overhaul.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Raygereio posted:

That depends on whether your hardware and mod setup are up to running the increased number of NPCs in the bigger area. Both Freeside & Strip Open do make those areas look a lot better, but you do need to a quick testrun to see if you're going to run into crashing, freezing, slowdown or other problems.

Yeah, the main thing is that having all those NPCs in the single worldspace hammers your CPU. If you're running high res texture mods, it can hammer your VRAM too. My i5 4570 and Geforce GTX 760 have been up to the task, though.

Arcsquad12 posted:

One problem I've had with Freeside Open, for NMM at least, is that I can't always move the FreesideOpenPatch.esp up and down in my plugins. For whatever reason, the esp just refuses to move any lower down the list, unless I reinstall the mod, forcing the ESP down to the bottom. It gave me a bunch of headaches trying to get G.I Blues to work, because Roy wouldn't talk to me and Wayne just acted like an rear end when I tried to question him, locking up the quest.

Question: if I use this new version of the YUP patch, will the v9.0 compatibility patches for WMX and Project Nevada still work?

I'd probably wait on installing YUP 10 until all the patches get updated for it, there are quite a few.

Mosnar posted:

ILO?

Interior Lighting Overhaul! Just recently got a new update too.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
Re: Modders having never been outside, according to those screenshots they've never been... inside? before?

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

365 Nog Hogger posted:

Re: Modders having never been outside, according to those screenshots they've never been... inside? before?
Yeah. It makes for cool looking screenshots, but I have no clue how anyone can look at that and think it's playable. I suppose it can be if you have a higher quality monitor that let's you see shapes inside the unlit areas, but still that would be get annoying fast.

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.

Gyshall posted:

Both are installed. I think the area's just way too busy, as the game will start to chug if I stand near the ruined houses between Warrington and Tenpenny and simply look at the Trainyard.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

What's up with Lombard Station...I installed it on an existing character to check it out and there was no key or corpse in Jean Sky Diving...

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Knuc U Kinte posted:

What's up with Lombard Station...I installed it on an existing character to check it out and there was no key or corpse in Jean Sky Diving...

Same thing happened to me, seems the body just doesn't like to spawn naturally on anything other than a fresh character. Either console the door open (it's in the mountains northwest of Goodsprings) or just console the key (01025e1b) into your inventory.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Kerning Chameleon posted:

Same thing happened to me, seems the body just doesn't like to spawn naturally on anything other than a fresh character. Either console the door open (it's in the mountains northwest of Goodsprings) or just console the key (01025e1b) into your inventory.

Thanks, but this code does nothing.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Knuc U Kinte posted:

If it's an item, I think you'd have to add it like other items: player.additem 01025e1b 1, although the specific "01025e1b1" might change depending on where the Lombard Station plugin is in your load order.

EDIT: This
VVVVVVVVVV

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Jul 26, 2015

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

you need to put the 2 digits it has for its load order where the first 2 digits of the code are. for example, if its 0a then you put 0a025e1b.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Thank you for the help, fellas. I just consoled the door open instead.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
I'm sure this has been answered already but am I supposed to download FOMM or FOMM FORK? One of them is the original with thousands more downloads, but the other is more recently updated.

I'm intending to start a TTW run.

Lazy_Liberal fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Jul 26, 2015

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Does anyone know what makes the plasma chambers not display properly? Theres no cool lighting going through the green bits there. I can see it in third person view but only from certain angles for some reason.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I used signature armor for a long time early in my current game with regular combat armor. Around level 15 or so I downloaded a new armor to use, an armored duster, and changed my signature armor to that. It worked okay for awhile, but I'm level 26 now and just realized I haven't gotten a signature armor level up in a very long time and I'm not getting any benefits from the levels my armored duster has. I should be running and sneaking more quickly than I am. Does signature armor break with custom armors? Any way to fix this?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Raygereio posted:

Yeah. It makes for cool looking screenshots, but I have no clue how anyone can look at that and think it's playable. I suppose it can be if you have a higher quality monitor that let's you see shapes inside the unlit areas, but still that would be get annoying fast.

I dunno, I have a crappy 16:9 monitor and ILO works just fine for me.

Hobo on Fire
Dec 4, 2008

Wildtortilla posted:

I used signature armor for a long time early in my current game with regular combat armor. Around level 15 or so I downloaded a new armor to use, an armored duster, and changed my signature armor to that. It worked okay for awhile, but I'm level 26 now and just realized I haven't gotten a signature armor level up in a very long time and I'm not getting any benefits from the levels my armored duster has. I should be running and sneaking more quickly than I am. Does signature armor break with custom armors? Any way to fix this?

I've used Signature Armor forever, almost always with it applied to a custom armor, and never had any problems.

First, I would check to make sure your preferred armor is in fact still set as the signature. Do you get the notification when you put it on/take it off? If it is still the signature, make sure you didn't accidentally hit the option to halt leveling, or crank up the XP requirement to something stupidly high.

Worst case, If it's genuinely bugging out, you should be able to uninstall signature armor, fire up the game and make a save without it, then reinstall the mod. Reapply it to your armor of choice and adjust the settings to the lowest XP requirement values to try and catch back up.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Arcsquad12 posted:

I dunno, I have a crappy 16:9 monitor and ILO works just fine for me.
:shrug: In the above screenshots and those pics of lighting overhauls for FO3, F:NV and Skyrim that do the same thing (removing ambient lighting filters) everything that's not directly touched by a lightsource is shrouded in blackness on my screen.
Admittedly my current monitor is apparently very crappy. I had a similar conversation with someone in the Skyrim modding thread a while back who posted a screenshot that was supposedly of a city at night (with houses, people walking around, etc, but what I saw was nothing but black.

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Jul 26, 2015

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
It was set to the armor I downloaded. I could check the skills on the armor and it showed me everything I picked, but I wasn't getting any of the benefits. I wasn't even getting the signature armor notifications when I unequiped/equiped my armor. I unassigned the armor as my signature then reassigned it as my signature and got three levels immediately. I put them all into speed and I'm moving quicker now and I get notifications if I take it off. Hopefully this fixes the issue.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Pwnstar posted:

Does anyone know what makes the plasma chambers not display properly? Theres no cool lighting going through the green bits there. I can see it in third person view but only from certain angles for some reason.

What mods are you running? EVE? Check MO to see what files are being overwritten by EVE if you are, and xEdit to see if the "additional texture" model settings are being overwritten by the bashed patch, etc.

Raygereio posted:

:shrug: In the above screenshots and those pics of lighting overhauls for FO3, F:NV and Skyrim that do the same thing (removing ambient lighting filters) everything that's not directly touched by a lightsource is shrouded in blackness on my screen.
Admittedly my current monitor is apparently very crappy. I had a similar conversation with someone in the Skyrim modding thread a while back who posted a screenshot that was supposedly of a city at night (with houses, people walking around, etc, but what I saw was nothing but black.

Eh, I've been using lighting overhauls since Morrowind and at worst I have to adjust in game brightness if the mod is done well. My NV lighting setup is really playable right now, it took a ton of time trying various combinations and what not. Not going for actual ~~~~ Realism ~~~~~~ but something more stylized. With Oblivion, I used to use mods that would make nighttime so dark you couldn't even see in front of you, same with dungeons, and that was unplayable.

Skyrim, though, I think looks great with lighting/ENB:

The downside to ENB with New Vegas is that it isn't 100% done and compatible yet, or ever, so you still get problems with certain particles and effects. ENBoost is a godsend though.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Gyshall posted:

What mods are you running? EVE? Check MO to see what files are being overwritten by EVE if you are, and xEdit to see if the "additional texture" model settings are being overwritten by the bashed patch, etc.

I don't use EVE and I'm not using any retexures for that weapon.

Hobo on Fire
Dec 4, 2008

Wildtortilla posted:

It was set to the armor I downloaded. I could check the skills on the armor and it showed me everything I picked, but I wasn't getting any of the benefits. I wasn't even getting the signature armor notifications when I unequiped/equiped my armor. I unassigned the armor as my signature then reassigned it as my signature and got three levels immediately. I put them all into speed and I'm moving quicker now and I get notifications if I take it off. Hopefully this fixes the issue.

Well, glad it's working again. It sounds like i wasn't recognizing the armor... If your downloaded armor included more than one version, that might explain it.

For example, Combat Armor comes in green and black variants.. same name, same stats, but different colors; as far as the game is concerned, they are different types of armor. Different armors means that if the green combat armor was your signature, you wouldn't get the bonuses wearing the black armor. If your custom armor had a variant, you could end up in the same situation, quite possibly without realizing it.

Or maybe Signature Armor just crapped out on you. This is still gamebryo after all.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Lazy_Liberal posted:

I'm sure this has been answered already but am I supposed to download FOMOD or FOMOD FORK? One of them is the original with thousands more downloads, but the other is more recently updated.

I'm intending to start a TTW run.

Fork, the TTW install guide specifically says the original FOMOD won't work with the installer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Just downloaded RobCo Certified and started playing around with it on my repair/guns character and holy poo poo is it fun. Got two teslatrons as my front line guys, a mister handy with a shotgun, and an eyebot friend for ED-E. It's so cool.