Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Hokuto Brother?
This poll is closed.
Kenshiro 35 38.46%
Toki 16 17.58%
Jagi 20 21.98%
Raoh 20 21.98%
Total: 91 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
$27.29 in the last 15 months, apparently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Should I read the Beserk manga or watch one of the adaptions(if the latter, which one/where do I start?)

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Read the manga

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Read the manga while listening to the TV series soundtrack.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Sakurazuka posted:

Read the manga while listening to the TV series soundtrack.

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

today my mum and her partner dave flew down to see me and at the restaurant some klk cosplayers walked past and dave who is grumpy and old fashioned was all like "eugh what is that" and mum said "i think they are dressed up as animes" so i just said "yeah how weird" like as if i couldn't name every character and wasn't interested

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

My dad and I think two of his friends rode their bicycles past a convention and ended up taking pictures of anyone whose costume they thought looked good. Took like forty pictures and only knew who two of them were.

He showed me later on his phone and I identified about half of the rest.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

krampster2 posted:

today my mum and her partner dave flew down to see me and at the restaurant some klk cosplayers walked past and dave who is grumpy and old fashioned was all like "eugh what is that" and mum said "i think they are dressed up as animes" so i just said "yeah how weird" like as if i couldn't name every character and wasn't interested

Well played

Bad Seafood posted:

My dad and I think two of his friends rode their bicycles past a convention and ended up taking pictures of anyone whose costume they thought looked good. Took like forty pictures and only knew who two of them were.

He showed me later on his phone and I identified about half of the rest.

Revealing your power level to your Dad. That's a bold move.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

well he was snappin' cosplay pics

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

littleorv posted:

Revealing your power level to your Dad. That's a bold move.
At this point in my life I really don't feel the need to hide my interests from my family.

My parents don't really care about any of it, but they're fine with me being my own person.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

LORD OF BUTT posted:

WH have you ever seen Genocyber? I feel like either you'd really hate it or it'd be 100% right up your alley
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W478ohkqZVQ

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

WickedHate posted:

Should I read the Beserk manga or watch one of the adaptions(if the latter, which one/where do I start?)

Read the manga. Watch Geno Cyber. Re-watch G Gundam. Eat healthy.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Finished Imperial Guards.

Pretty good if you like fantasy war stories with a bittersweet undercurrent of reality to them.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

my dad went to a sci-fi convention as grand moff tarkin back in the 80s, so i feel he would understand cosplay

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

dogsicle posted:

I finally get Smoking Crow's av

girls und panzer is good.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

krampster2 posted:

Lol

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Last night a guy asked what my NERV phone cover was because he thought it looked like a house crest from GoT. :geno:

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

Last night a guy asked what my NERV phone cover was because he thought it looked like a house crest from GoT. :geno:

I would've told him it was from House Ikari and they would be appearing in a later season.

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

I hope you had your katana with you so you could unsheathe it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

I would've told him it was from House Ikari and they would be appearing in a later season.

I really wish I'd done that now.

.jpg posted:

I hope you had your katana with you so you could unsheathe it.

They checked all weapons at the door, sadly.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
My first encounter with swords came when I was 7 and I was visiting my Uncle in Veracruz. Dude used to have a tanto in his house and, while looking very badass in and out of its scabbard, he used it to kill rats. My cousin used it that one time when we visited, actually. Poor rat probably was dead/dying from Luis punting it across the living room.

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

That would've been golden.

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

i have a NERV phone cover too. Nice

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

I can't believe Beserk is a prequel to The Great Gatsby.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0I1-seBZag

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

i like the more chill and composed yoko kanno stuff more than her action themes i think

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

ep 2 of Katanagatari was really good.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D32d9rST0qo

this still the dopest track from that first season, only see it like twice though

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Ibram Gaunt posted:

ep 2 of Katanagatari was really good.

!!!

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

its crazy they didn't put it on the actual series ost.... the tachikoma side album has all the best songs....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hd4o_ItMtVc

Sharkopath fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Jul 26, 2015

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

tachikoma are cute

was there ever a tachi4koma?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Why is Gatts such a mega oval office.

I was expecting Conan+Kenshiro.

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

he's been through some poo poo, WH

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
My friend who I know to be a fan of Beserk also said "Once you see his life, you'll know he has a right to be an rear end in a top hat".

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Guts mellows out eventually.

Relatively.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I'm a megacunt

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

We know

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Namtab posted:

I'm a megacunt

No, no! I'm sure you're a great person, Namtab. Please don't talk about yourself like that.

e: gently caress off, Sakurazuka.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Sakurazuka is right to cyberbully me, in spite of having an inferior ava and posting style

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Just walk away from the screen gatcha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Why can't this subforum be a hugbox

• Locked thread