Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

drat, those brothers are ice cold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
That final panel is loving awesome.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
The soccer twins are Jojo as fuk.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
That ORA!

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Fists of lightning!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

JoJolion owns. Gappy owns. Soft & Wet owns. Karera owns. The twins own.

I love JoJo so much.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
I feel like we're super close to things coming to a head and figuring out whats actually happening. drat you araki and your monthly update schedule :argh:

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
I think its pretty much confirmed that the woman in the hospital (forgot her name) had bits of her brains removed by stone people? Seems like the powers they have.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Yeah, I really like that he just yells a single ORA as he punches a dude. Something about that is just hilarious to me.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Wild Horses posted:

I think its pretty much confirmed that the woman in the hospital (forgot her name) had bits of her brains removed by stone people? Seems like the powers they have.
I wonder if this is connected with the fruit? Maybe Holly Kira has a stand that produces those fruit, but at a cost to her or something? That would mirror Holly Kujo's Stand, which harmed her. And maybe Yoshikage Kira, Josefumi, and Karera were trying to get those fruit back so they can cure Holly? Well, whatever the case, I have a feeling that whatever they've been up to is linked to Holly in some way.

Butt Ghost fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Jul 26, 2015

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Holly is gonna pull a heelturn and be the final villain

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

PeaceDiner posted:

For anybody interested in JoJo merch, there's an awesome blog called "JoJo's Bizarre Adventure...IS ART" that showcases both popular and more obscure JoJo- or Araki-related merch, magazine scans, etc. The layout is sorta a pain in the rear end and can only be viewed one entry at a time, so I suggest using their image list or going in a specific tag.

An interesting product I found on the blog was a JoJo typing game. The disc's design is pretty rad, I have to say.

Apologies if this has been posted before.

The death 13 figure that showed up on there looks nice

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.
So about two weeks ago I learned there was a JoJo anime. I figured that that was as good a time as any to get into it as while I'm not generally into anime I heard that it was just so good that I'd probably still enjoy it. I binged the entire series in three days.

And then read the manga over the last few weeks, just finishing SBR about an hour ago.

I don't think I need to mention that it was absolutely incredible. I do have a question though. Should I start reading JoJolion, or wait until it's finished? And if so, where's a good place to read it? I only have up to part seven.

CaptianKatsura
Feb 28, 2011

I'm not Katsura, I'm Captain Katsura!

RaspberryCommie posted:

So about two weeks ago I learned there was a JoJo anime. I figured that that was as good a time as any to get into it as while I'm not generally into anime I heard that it was just so good that I'd probably still enjoy it. I binged the entire series in three days.

And then read the manga over the last few weeks, just finishing SBR about an hour ago.

I don't think I need to mention that it was absolutely incredible. I do have a question though. Should I start reading JoJolion, or wait until it's finished? And if so, where's a good place to read it? I only have up to part seven.

Waiting until Jojolion is finished would mean waiting multiple years, so I'd recommend just jumping into it. And a good place to read would be Batoto.

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe
Deep Dream Dio

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Soulcleaver posted:

The soccer twins are Jojo as fuk.
I had to read it twice to notice that the guy who turns his hand into things his other hand is touching is missing most of his hand after turning it into gasoline and burning it all over Karera. He just walked up to her without a word, burnt away most of his own hand to kill her in a horrific way, and silently strolled away with his brother. The fact that he maimed himself to burn her alive and still was in the process of leaving so nonchalantly before Josuke saved her... is indeed Jojo as gently caress.

God drat.

I love Jojolion so much. Everything about it so so incredibly unsettling. The premise, the twists, the action scenes... all reinforcing the same atmosphere of confused anxiety. It's great.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Eiba posted:

I had to read it twice to notice that the guy who turns his hand into things his other hand is touching is missing most of his hand after turning it into gasoline and burning it all over Karera. He just walked up to her without a word, burnt away most of his own hand to kill her in a horrific way, and silently strolled away with his brother. The fact that he maimed himself to burn her alive and still was in the process of leaving so nonchalantly before Josuke saved her... is indeed Jojo as gently caress.

God drat.

I love Jojolion so much. Everything about it so so incredibly unsettling. The premise, the twists, the action scenes... all reinforcing the same atmosphere of confused anxiety. It's great.

His hand was always like that. Look back at chapter 44.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I think this might be one of the best pieces of JoJo fan art ever.

PeaceDiner
Mar 24, 2013

WickedHate posted:

Oh hey, that's one of my favorite artists! Definitely go check out all their other stuff.

For people too lazy to get a Pixiv account/log into Pixiv, here it is full-sized.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

WickedHate posted:

Yes! That one is great.

I'm a sucker for Josuke stuff and came across this the other day and am irritated that I can't source it/look for more of their work because the Twitter connected with it is dead. Though as I type, I realize I should try it on tineye when on an actual computer again.

(sorry if fanart annoys you folks, oops)

e: whooops that was enormous, I didn't realize it was that big cuz I was phonepostin'

Okuyasu Nijimura fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Jul 28, 2015

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Fanart is extremely good.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...

Eiba posted:

I had to read it twice to notice that the guy who turns his hand into things his other hand is touching is missing most of his hand after turning it into gasoline and burning it all over Karera.
It looks more like his ability is that whatever he touches with his left hand gets moved to his right stump, e.g. when he's holding onto the fence, and the cop's handcuffs last chapter.

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty

Bina posted:

Deep Dream Dio

This must be the work of an enemy stand!

Admit it, Deep Dream wouldn't be a terrible stand name.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
It's like a combination of the Knife Eye Attack and Paper Moon King, in that it slowly makes it so that everything you can see is made up of nothing but dogs, bananas and japanese buildings, until the metaphysical ramifications of everything everywhere being made of nothing but dogs, bananas and buildings causes your brain to melt out of your ears.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
So it's Heavy Weather with different animals

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Soulcleaver posted:

So it's Heavy Weather with different animals

Yeah but including inanimate objects and the land and sky and stuff too.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
Could Tenor Sax have created insanity-inducing illusions had Kenny G been more creative? Yeah I know that Iggy would have sniffed him out anyway; I'm just speculating.

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

Probably. Half of a stand's effectiveness is the creativity of its user. In Part 4 it's stated that Okuyasu would be much more powerful if he were more creative with his stand.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Soulcleaver posted:

Could Tenor Sax have created insanity-inducing illusions had Kenny G been more creative? Yeah I know that Iggy would have sniffed him out anyway; I'm just speculating.
I think that dude would've been hosed in any case, especially since he didn't seem to be meaningfully coordinating with Vanilla Ice. The big advantage the Crusaders had was that they all had good Stands, and they were all working more or less together. Whenever the bad guys had even limited team tactics (which I believe went as far as "Hol Horse tries to do a set-up for J Geil" in one case, and Oingo and Boingo in the other) they either cripple a guy or come incredibly close to killing Jotaro, foiled mostly by their own intense, life-destroying stupidity.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Nessus posted:

I think that dude would've been hosed in any case, especially since he didn't seem to be meaningfully coordinating with Vanilla Ice. The big advantage the Crusaders had was that they all had good Stands, and they were all working more or less together. Whenever the bad guys had even limited team tactics (which I believe went as far as "Hol Horse tries to do a set-up for J Geil" in one case, and Oingo and Boingo in the other) they either cripple a guy or come incredibly close to killing Jotaro, foiled mostly by their own intense, life-destroying stupidity.

The bad guys fighting alone is one of the odder points of Stardust Crusaders. Rubber Soul claims that they don't want the other assassins to know what their powers are, which makes some sense early on (especially since a lot of the earlier guys seem to be assassins for hire rather than loyal to Dio), but by the time they get to Egypt you'd think they would recognize the Crusaders as bigger threats than each other and cooperate more. I guess Mariah and Alessi do coordinate with each other, Oingo doesn't want Boingo associating with people like Alessi, and the non-combat nature of Daniel D'arby's Stand means teaming up wouldn't accomplish anything.

Silver2195 fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Jul 30, 2015

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Silver2195 posted:

The bad guys fighting alone is one of the odder points of Stardust Crusaders. Rubber Soul claims that they don't want the other assassins to know what their powers are, which makes some sense early on (especially since a lot of the earlier guys seem to be assassins for hire rather than loyal to Dio), but by the time they get to Egypt you'd think they would recognize the Crusaders as bigger threats than each other and cooperate more. I guess Mariah and Alessi do coordinate, Oingo doesn't want Boingo associating with people like Alessi, and the non-combat nature of Daniel D'arby's Stand means teaming up wouldn't accomplish anything.
Even the guys living in Dio's house don't cooperate!

Though I guess you have
* An rear end in a top hat bird who casually murders people
* D'arby Jr.: Oh What A Baseball
* Kenny G, who would have probably had a good shot against any one Crusader
* Vanilla Ice, who was clearly not chosen for his intellectual prowess
* Nukesaku
* DIO Himself, who was of course restrained by the Joestars showing up when the sun was up.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Nessus posted:

Even the guys living in Dio's house don't cooperate!

Though I guess you have
* An rear end in a top hat bird who casually murders people
* D'arby Jr.: Oh What A Baseball
* Kenny G, who would have probably had a good shot against any one Crusader
* Vanilla Ice, who was clearly not chosen for his intellectual prowess
* Nukesaku
* DIO Himself, who was of course restrained by the Joestars showing up when the sun was up.

Kenny G was cooperating with Terence D'arby. He used Tenor Sax to make Terence look cool more than to actually help him win (probably because Terence's pride wouldn't allow him to cheat like that), but still.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

Silver2195 posted:

Kenny G was cooperating with Terence D'arby. He used Tenor Sax to make Terence look cool more than to actually help him win (probably because Terence's pride wouldn't allow him to cheat like that), but still.

Excuse me. I think you mean Telence D'arby. :colbert:

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Mixing too many Jojo powers would lead to confusing fights, or "why didn't X just do Y?"

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

RaspberryCommie posted:

Excuse me. I think you mean Telence D'arby. :colbert:

ha ha nice joke i am laugh

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

i just finished stone ocean and what the gently caress

Harefield Terrace
Jul 15, 2015

Happy and I know it

setafd posted:

i just finished stone ocean and what the gently caress

I have a couple friends making their way through Jojo right now. I can't wait until they finish part 6. It's the gift that keeps on giving.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

whether or not you like stone ocean, a thing everyone can agree on is that you have steel ball run and jojolion to look forward to and that's never a bad thing

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Silver2195 posted:

It was largely to get them Betting with Terrance. Had Terrance just walked up to them he would have gotten his asskicked. It was pretty much to make them overestimate Terrance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
Some kind soul needs to make a Dio edit of this Discover commercial