Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

Back To 99 posted:

You have to be Christian if i remember right.

You do have to be Christian, and I'm pretty sure you also have to be the Byzantine emperor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
Minor Clan uprisings can be - if not avoided, then averted - if you manage to :ese: the Leader of the uprising.
I get 100% warscore but can't actually end the war, but on the other hand, I suffer nothing but the odd religious uprising of 300-500 men, which are easily dealt with.
Reloading seems to nuke the neverending war, but until then it's all good.

Swedish Horror
Jan 16, 2013

RIP Ragnar, you were just not meant to be.

I know nomads are the cool new thing, but vikings are still better :colbert:

This is the first game I've reformed the Germanic faith and gone feudal, when does the Great Holy War era start? Do crusades need to be unlocked for me to do it?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Swedish Horror posted:

RIP Ragnar, you were just not meant to be.

I know nomads are the cool new thing, but vikings are still better :colbert:

This is the first game I've reformed the Germanic faith and gone feudal, when does the Great Holy War era start? Do crusades need to be unlocked for me to do it?

Yeah, either Crusades or Jihads need to be unlocked for Pagan Great Holy Wars to be available.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Crusades will usually unlock a year or two after 900 because Charlemange never decides to defend Christendom even when he does unite Europe.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Speaking of Charlemagne, is it ever any point in helping the "rebellious emir"? Every time I've done that choice, he just betrays me right after, and goes independent, whereupon he is promptly eaten back up by the Umayyads.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Broken Cog posted:

Speaking of Charlemagne, is it ever any point in helping the "rebellious emir"? Every time I've done that choice, he just betrays me right after, and goes independent, whereupon he is promptly eaten back up by the Umayyads.

Weakens the Umayyads a bit if you're positioned to take advantage of that

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Broken Cog posted:

From the code, it looks like the rebellious emir has a 30% chance of fulfilling his promise and pledging fealty if you help him achieve independence.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
Huh. One of my duke vassals is becoming independent when they successfully press a claim on an enemy county. That's odd, and also annoying.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Strudel Man posted:

From the code, it looks like the rebellious emir has a 30% chance of fulfilling his promise and pledging fealty if you help him achieve independence.

Huh, it's a bit of a silly scenario, because he never gets any other allies at that point, so he's basically doomed if he chooses to betray you.

On another note I tried playing as the easternmost hordes, and the emperor of China sent me a diplomat that went onto do a bunch of wacky hi jinks. Including getting my leader bitten by a snake, and stealing the goods of some passing merchants because "it was just lying there".

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Strudel Man posted:

Huh. One of my duke vassals is becoming independent when they successfully press a claim on an enemy county. That's odd, and also annoying.

Wulfhere Wulfheresson :3:

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

ZombieLenin posted:

It's been a looooooonnnnggg time, but I found it pretty easy as long as you manage the war right. I took loans (expelling Jews mechanic makes this even better,) and then waited for the Saxons and the Norwegians to beat themselves up, then sailed in and killed the winner.

Then just siege out England.

Yeah, my problem is my initial war getting cancelled by my liege siding with the saxons, and thus my event troops loving off home. I guess if I just bide my time and concentrate on beating up the armies England sends to France at the very start to weaken them I should be fine.

Also for some reason I can't loving put William in charge of an army at all, ever. His location just shows "Reigning in Rouen", but I can't appoint him to lead an army, so my highest martial commander is like 12 rather than 21.

edit: argh, I just realised the second problem, it's because I was appointed as a commander of France, interacting with my liege to resign as commander fixed it.

Solemn Sloth fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Jul 26, 2015

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

What's with that book pressed into your hand event chain? It always seems like it should do something cool but gives "scholar" every time. Is that how it should be or have I just been fooled by RNG?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
788 and I've yet to have war declared on me by the Abbasids as Zunbil. Maybe I'll be able to create Afghanistan and stand a chance when they do.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Converter dev guy: can you make it so that all turks and and arabs/bedouins get the turk and arab culture group ideas, instead of just those with a specific country name? There are way too many generic ideas in that area, probably a function of the dynastic-name system. I've noticed that Berbers get Berber ideas.

Maybe unique Fatamid and Seljuk ideas while you're at it.

Baron Porkface fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Jul 26, 2015

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
So in my game the Khazars conquered France and settled there. :stare:

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.
So I'm playing on the first horse lords version because I'm a wimp who likes my OP hordes: SO Ihave a temple built in 3 holy sites of Tengri. I control all 3 of these sites, though not personally. So why does only one of these count as a holy site with a temple? All of them have priests, I don't directly control the baronies or anything. IS this a bug that got fixed?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Shadeoses posted:

I had a dude once that named all five of his sons after himself.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

What's with that book pressed into your hand event chain? It always seems like it should do something cool but gives "scholar" every time. Is that how it should be or have I just been fooled by RNG?
If you pick the bottom(?) choice every time, you get mystic instead...I haven't seen that event chain in forever, though.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Neopie posted:

So I'm playing on the first horse lords version because I'm a wimp who likes my OP hordes: SO Ihave a temple built in 3 holy sites of Tengri. I control all 3 of these sites, though not personally. So why does only one of these count as a holy site with a temple? All of them have priests, I don't directly control the baronies or anything. IS this a bug that got fixed?

If you conquered some of the sites rather than building the temples there yourself, make sure that the person who owns the temple is Tengri.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

Shadeoses posted:

Just went and checked - it's been Wulfheres for the last four generations.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.

Pakled posted:

If you conquered some of the sites rather than building the temples there yourself, make sure that the person who owns the temple is Tengri.

I built the temples myself.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

Neopie posted:

I built the temples myself.
What do you mean when you say that only one counts as a holy site with a temple? Can we see a screenshot of your religion screen, preferably hovering over the moral authority breakdown?

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Strudel Man posted:

Just went and checked - it's been Wulfheres for the last four generations.

It's Wulfheressons all the way down.

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

StashAugustine posted:

Why were you playing as George Foreman in CKII?

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Why is Plot to revoke title present yet grayed out whit no info on requirements?

TacMan
Aug 8, 2002

Vert used Hyperbeam,
It's super effective!

:steam: El Mole :steam:
I just loaded up a save where I'm the mongolian empire, it says Tobol, Crimea, and Syr Darya don't have temples...

They do. that's how I reformed the faith in the first place. The other two also have temples and are counting properly.

Tehan
Jan 19, 2011
Did you hand that territory off to vassal clans? Is it possible they torched the temples?

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

So the event where your wife gets pregnant but you were away, has anyone had that go anywhere? At first I'd spend the cash to investigate but they always turn up nothing, so now I don't bother.

UrbicaMortis fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Jul 26, 2015

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

UrbicaMortis posted:

So the event where your wife get's pregnant but you were away, has anyone had that go anywhere? At first I'd spend the cash to investigate but they always turn up nothing, so now I don't bother.

I've had the investigations turn up positive with the real father being named before. Then I'd usually duel them and get Maimed, but that's beside the point.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

UrbicaMortis posted:

So the event where your wife get's pregnant but you were away, has anyone had that go anywhere? At first I'd spend the cash to investigate but they always turn up nothing, so now I don't bother.

If you got high enough Intrigue relative to your wife/her lover, you can find out who they are and then choose to keep quiet, or reveal it, and gain the cuckold as a rival. Don't bother following up on it if you're paranoid, it'll give a lot of false positives.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

TheMcD posted:

I've had the investigations turn up positive with the real father being named before. Then I'd usually duel them and get Maimed, but that's beside the point.

This seems to be extremely rare, though. I had it pop on a Paranoid ruler many times, but I didn't use the console to see if it was correct.

The 'Spy On' Action can reveal true fathers.

Broken Cog posted:

If you got high enough Intrigue relative to your wife/her lover, you can find out who they are and then choose to keep quiet, or reveal it, and gain the cuckold as a rival. Don't bother following up on it if you're paranoid, it'll give a lot of false positives.

I think the event you're talking about can work independently of the "but you were away" one.

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Jul 26, 2015

Bishop Rodan
Dec 5, 2011

See you in the funny papers, liebchen!
Is there any way to mod the conditions for being allowed to absorb a clan? I'm not allowed to absorb any clans because of the "X Clan does not have any occupied provinces" condition, even though they're not even at war. I suspect the Immortals having poo poo in their provinces may have something to do with it.

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Baron Porkface posted:

Why is Plot to revoke title present yet grayed out whit no info on requirements?
I'd like to know this as well

Servetus
Apr 1, 2010

StashAugustine posted:

There actually some medieval aristocratic families that would give multiple sons the same first name for generations. Generations here a man's brothers, father, and uncles would all have the same name.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Servetus posted:

There actually some medieval aristocratic families that would give multiple sons the same first name for generations. Generations here a man's brothers, father, and uncles would all have the same name.

Yup. Some of them even continue it to this day.

quote:

The House of Reuss practises an unusual system of naming and numbering the male members of the family, every one of which for centuries has borne the name "Heinrich".

TheBalor
Jun 18, 2001

Servetus posted:

Roman aristocrats would do the same thing. The Julius Caesars, for example, generally named their sons Gaius or Lucius. This leads to comical situations like Gaius Julius Caesar begetting Gaius Julius Caesar who begat Gaius Julius Caesar who adopted Gaius Julius Caesar. It's part of why we only know most of these people by their cognomens. But cognomens often got out of hand, like the horrid Quintus Caecilius Metellus Pius Scipio Nasica.

Still, it's better than the Ptolemies, where everyone is just named Ptolemy.

Swedish Horror
Jan 16, 2013

Sunni Hungarians have invaded the middle of Poland, with Poland itself being a vassal to the Sunni nomadic Magyars. The emperor of the Byzantine empire is an Italian catholic, and Hungary is Buddhist.

Also, have an independent Ecumenical Patriarchy

Sadly, they got absorbed back into the Byzantines.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

UrbicaMortis posted:

So the event where your wife gets pregnant but you were away, has anyone had that go anywhere? At first I'd spend the cash to investigate but they always turn up nothing, so now I don't bother.
If your character is paranoid, you'll get the chance to investigate most of the time.

If he's not paranoid, there's a very good chance that she screwed around on you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

After the End has updated to version 0.6 and CK2 patch 2.4.2. :toot: Mediafire download here, Github download here, no Steam Workshop, that's for chumps.

West Coast is in!

Also we're trying out that Novus Graphicus borders mod now.

• Locked thread