Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are,

"It might have been."
Pillbug
I watch GDQ for the chin action

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Dias posted:

poo poo, I forgot to add "tons of Something AUTISIC.net LOL JOKES" to my list of things to expect from SGDQ.

You'd think graphic designers might have noticed the problem with their logo and changed it by now.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

oh i forgot how much jeff hates the art style of yoshi's island

man, what the gently caress jeff

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Random Stranger posted:

You'd think graphic designers might have noticed the problem with their logo and changed it by now.

Honestly, I don't read that r as an u unless I squint, turn my head a bit and bash it against something hard a couple of times.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Toxxupation posted:

oh i forgot how much jeff hates the art style of yoshi's island

man, what the gently caress jeff

Everyone has bad opinions.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*

xamphear posted:

The Sonic one, and the Tetris/Pacific Rim one from last year are made by forums member zari-gani, who is also one of the primary translators on the SA-GCCX project. She's crazy talented.

Late to the game but just wanted to say thanks. I wanted to do something silly this time and I'm glad people actually like it. It's meant to channel summer and bad Sonic games.

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

"It might have been."
Pillbug

victrix posted:

I think my favorite (longer) runs are almost always with a good couch commentator, leaving the runner to focus.

There are definitely some exceptions, but it just doesn't work having the guy trying to do crazy technical tricks and explain them at the same time, a couch dude can focus on the whole level, let you know what's coming, set up some expectation (for failure), etcetc.

:agreed:

In a perfect world, every run could have couch commentary as good as this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmfV8IhsHq0

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

Dominic White posted:

Great to hear them plugging Freedom Planet already. Hopefully the devs will see a big sales spike when people see it being Done Fast(tm). Fantastic game that somehow almost no site even reviewed.
A few pages late to respond, but I expect that's likely to change when the Wii U version comes out next month. Indies on console being comparatively rarer to indies on Steam, they tend to get more attention by default.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

I wonder, did the MSF lady bolt after doing her thing at the beginning or is she sitting around being baffled by this whole dog and pony show

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
Whoa cool this started today, I really enjoyed it in the winter this year.

-Inu-
Nov 11, 2008

TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY CUBIC CENTIMETERS
Trihex's couch really is terrible though.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

I'll never not be impressed by speedrunning. Glad this is back

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

This is breaking my brain.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

-Inu- posted:

Trihex's couch really is terrible though.

They're not really commenting on much, I can't tell if its because they have nothing to say or because Trihex really wants to comment on his entire 3h run.

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

It's rather incredible how bad the Powerup Audio logo is.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

Internet Kraken posted:

Same. I could more readily accept someone hating Super Mario World than Yoshi's Island.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Internet Kraken posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ch1KQPrJlNc

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Internet Kraken posted:

In a universe of terrible opinions on the internet, this stands out as one of the worst I've ever heard. What kind of soulless abomination hates Yoshi's Island.

JesseHechtCREATIVE
Feb 20, 2013

​ Creative New Content Weekly

Cuisine
Reviews
Entertainment
Animation
Toys
Images
Videogames
Everything!
The frog boss is the best in this game. The next boss is too, but it's INCREDIBLY easy to beat...

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

victrix posted:

They're not really commenting on much, I can't tell if its because they have nothing to say or because Trihex really wants to comment on his entire 3h run.

It's probably bad pre-run communication and the couch being a bit awkward, this run being the first of the day and all.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Zorglorfian posted:

The frog boss is the best in this game. The next boss is too, but it's INCREDIBLY easy to beat...

The frog boss gave me nightmares as a kid :cry:

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

victrix posted:

In a universe of terrible opinions on the internet, this stands out as one of the worst I've ever heard. What kind of soulless abomination hates Yoshi's Island.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtJx8DBMxWE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyn5dq2HDRo

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
In crowd here. Sound is a bit muddy to the room (and was nonexistent for the pregame panel) but otherwise fun to see in person.

Only thing missing from this run is a handcam.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Rocketlex posted:

Same. I could more readily accept someone hating Super Mario World than Yoshi's Island.

I don't hate Yoshi's Island (it's okay), but SMW is a wayyyyy better game.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Needs more light on the crowd, it looks like trihex is performing for a faceless crowd before he is executed.

JesseHechtCREATIVE
Feb 20, 2013

Cuisine
Reviews
Entertainment
Animation
Toys
Images
Videogames
Everything!

Little Mac posted:

I don't hate Yoshi's Island (it's okay), but SMW is a wayyyyy better game.

I feel the same, but switch the games. I never really got into SMW, and I feel like Yoshi's Island has more artistic and gameplay merit. SMW is just a variation on all of the other Mario games, but Yoshi's Island is something completely new.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

yoshi's island is legit one of the best games ever made, period

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

elentar posted:

In crowd here. Sound is a bit muddy to the room (and was nonexistent for the pregame panel) but otherwise fun to see in person.

Only thing missing from this run is a handcam.

Can you wave so we can see who you are in the eternal darkness :witch:

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I think SMW and Yoshi's Island are two of the best platformers ever made and it's silly to argue about which one is better, but YI is incredible to watch someone play well

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

victrix posted:

Judging by their performance so far he's probably realized they sounds awkward as gently caress if they don't have something specific to say and he's better off driving the commentary himself and waiting for them to pipe up with something actually relevant rather than waffling nonsense.

JesseHechtCREATIVE
Feb 20, 2013

Cuisine
Reviews
Entertainment
Animation
Toys
Images
Videogames
Everything!
See? THAT boss was EASY!!!

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

"It might have been."
Pillbug

Photex posted:

Needs more light on the crowd, it looks like trihex is performing for a faceless crowd before he is executed.

high stakes speedrunning :unsmigghh:

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

I like the stealth nerf to the $0 donation counter.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I'm not that familiar with SGDQ, wasn't the last one in a relatively decent-sized room? When did they get a giant stage to themselves?

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

They switched venues as well as the event growing pretty well event to event.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Tae posted:

I'm not that familiar with SGDQ, wasn't the last one in a relatively decent-sized room? When did they get a giant stage to themselves?

I think they had a pretty big room last time, it's just that the runners were to the side and that's all we saw on camera.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Accordion playing in my heart.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

Can you wave so we can see who you are in the eternal darkness :witch:

You wouldn't see it even if I did, I'm off on the side about ten rows back. It's not really that dark, it's just the light they have shining down on the couch is super bright.

Being here I see why people hang out in the practice room even during the marathon, there's 40 or 50 stations there with just about every system imaginable hooked up.

elentar fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Jul 26, 2015

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

elentar posted:

You wouldn't see it even if I did, I'm off on the side about ten rows back.

Being here I see why people hang out in the practice room even during the marathon, there's 40 or 50 stations there with just about every system imaginable hooked up.

I thought people went to GDQ's for the crazy orgies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JesseHechtCREATIVE
Feb 20, 2013

Cuisine
Reviews
Entertainment
Animation
Toys
Images
Videogames
Everything!

elentar posted:

You wouldn't see it even if I did, I'm off on the side about ten rows back. It's not really that dark, it's just the light they have shining down on the couch is super bright.

You could yell something (awful) or cough

• Locked thread