Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Luffy is too stubborn to loose even when he should be dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

ULTRAAA COOOMBOOOO

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

gently caress yeah

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Jet Gatling is the loving best

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
A pronouncement that the world government can go eat poo poo.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?
now somebody just needs to fight the pigeon

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
You know what I like about Lucci, as a villain? They never try to make you feel sorry for him. He's a government hatchet man and he's just plain evil.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
That was SO great.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

:stare:

No seriously, how the hell do they top that?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Luffy's bounty status: Skyrocketing

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

:stare:

No seriously, how the hell do they top that?

Arguably, they don't. One Piece is by no means downhill from here (well, the anime is, because of pacing) but the culmination of Water 7/Ennies Lobby has yet to be topped.

Edit: In my opinion, of course.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I mean, the end of the latest manga arc might have come close

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Mr. Fowl posted:

Arguably, they don't. One Piece is by no means downhill from here (well, the anime is, because of pacing) but the culmination of Water 7/Ennies Lobby has yet to be topped.

Edit: In my opinion, of course.

It's honestly probably one of the best moments fighting manga has produced. It's so loving good.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Actually I take that back, the latest arc's thing is a little too drawn out to have nearly the same impact. It's still great though.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Tonight is your chance to own a piece of Aqua Teen history

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Holy poo poo I'm so ready to win this obvious terrorist raffle.

Also in case anyone had somehow forgotten: RICK AND MORTY IS BACK TONIGHT.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Amazing.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Dora meets Meatwad. :allears:

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The JoJo dub got posted digitally on amazon and here's the cast list so far for anyone who cares enough

Narrator - David Vincent
Dario - Steve Kramer
George - Marc Diraison
Jonathan - Johnny Yong Bosch
Dio - Patrick Seitz
Erina - Michelle Ruff
Speedwagon - Keith Silverstein
Zeppeli - ???
Bruford - Tony Oliver
Tarkus - Jamieson Price
Straizo - Dave Mallow
Joseph - Ben Diskin
Smokey - Robbie Daymond
Stroheim - Dan Woren
Santana - Kaiji Tang
Caesar- Bryce Pappenbrook
Wamuu - Paul St. Peter
Esidisi - Beau Billingslea
Kars - Christopher Corey Smith
Lisa Lisa - Wendee Lee
Suzy Q - Stephanie Sheh

if the dub still hasn't aired by the time I get situated in my new place, we'll finish Scryed at some point and then I'll stream JoJo.

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Aug 1, 2015

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Scryed is jojo

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Normie Slayer posted:

Scryed is jojo

Nah. I liked JoJo villains, everyone in the anti-alter group pissed me off except Straight Cougar.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Urizane is cool

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Rudoku posted:

Nah. I liked JoJo villains, everyone in the anti-alter group pissed me off except Straight Cougar.
I like Vanilla Ice and Dio and they still piss me off.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Huey Q.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
She also does a silly rear end Italian accent, it's wonderful. Everyone who is from a European country gets an appropriately goofy accent and yes, even Bryce Pappenbrook hams it up when voicing the incredibly Italian Caesar.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Beef Chief posted:

She also does a silly rear end Italian accent, it's wonderful. Everyone who is from a European country gets an appropriately goofy accent and yes, even Bryce Pappenbrook hams it up when voicing the incredibly Italian Caesar.

I need this in my life.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

There are a fair number of accents to be had in part two.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Rudoku posted:

See, what I think is cool about Scryed is it spends a fair amount of time with bad guys, and other than Fuhrer King chief in charge, a lot of them seem to have realistic motivations.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

i'm not sure if i'm ready for Kill la Kill to end tonight

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Argus Zant posted:

i'm not sure if i'm ready for Kill la Kill to end tonight

Get your hands on some tissues to wipe away the tears.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

i can only hope that this final episode is full of the metaphorical balls-out insanity that the first half of the series had, instead of the literal balls-out insanity that's been such a miserable staple of the second half

god, i miss the good times of the first couple of episodes

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You are not getting a satisfying ending

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

https://synchtu.be/r/Beefovision
A few of us are in Sync now.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

This episode was literally unfinished within 24 hours of it airing. It's going to suck.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

MrAristocrates posted:

This episode was literally unfinished within 24 hours of it airing. It's going to suck.

i know that Japanese television somehow works on the kind of system that theoretically lets this happen, but come the gently caress on, how the gently caress do you let that happen when you're making a series

i mean, honest to God, how the gently caress does a studio let that happen

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Argus Zant posted:

i know that Japanese television somehow works on the kind of system that theoretically lets this happen, but come the gently caress on, how the gently caress do you let that happen when you're making a series

Like South Park can do it but they also make everything cut and paste on computer as well as have two guys do most of the voices.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

Argus Zant posted:

all anime is made like this

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Argus Zant posted:

There's a variety of reasons but it usually boils down to the fact that anime production isn't like western animation production where you'll typically have most if not all of a season finished before the first episode airs. Essentially while the Simpson's finished writing this year's scripts last year, your average anime doesn't have a full season of scripts done until about halfway through the season, then the VAs voice that over the rough animatics (essentially sketches with some animation) and a bunch of people scramble to get key animation done and sent to the inbetweener house who does all the bulk work, then it all gets edited together and hopefully you're at least two weeks ahead of broadcast by this point because oh god the next six scripts need to be approved and the whole process keeps going until you die of exhaustion, have a nervous breakdown, throw in a clip show to save money or give you one week of precious lead time, or the season ends.

Basically because Japan does not have an 'off season' for their television what is usually a more leisurely process has to be jammed out as fast as possible because as soon as one 'season' ends the next one starts one week later. Very rarely does anime do any kind of reruns, once you've exhausted your 10-50+ episodes somebody else immediately takes your timeslot and starts showing their new anime (sometimes it's the same company, larger companies like Sunrise will keep a timeslot going between seasons of shows that need more prep time by rotating programming, which is how Gundam 00 and Code Geass did their two seasons apiece).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Spoiler for tonight's SAO if this plot adheres to Norse mythology.

can't wait to see Klein get some of that Thor rear end.

• Locked thread