Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

jivjov posted:

And here I thought I was being called a mother dog.

If you assumed that then you thanked me for saying you were into bestiality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

jivjov posted:

And here I thought I was being called a mother dog.

A mother dog fucker.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Hat Thoughts posted:

Can't wait for the bundle of sticks gag

Paging infratael and the heebie-gbs to the thread

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

raditts posted:

A mother dog fucker.

And morally inept

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
hey so the 3ds has some nice games right

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

noirstronaut posted:

hey so the 3ds has some nice games right

Kid Icarus is still the best drat game on the system and I'm incredibly sad that there isn't a sequel yet.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Kid Icarus is still the best drat game on the system and I'm incredibly sad that there isn't a sequel yet.

Maybe we'll get one once Sakurai's finished with smash Bros.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Sakurai hates making sequels and now that Iwata's gone he's probably done making new Smash games, too.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

SatansBestBuddy posted:

It was until Thursday when streets of rage 2 came out

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

GOTYAY

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I think Outrun is still the best 3D classic until Gunstar Heroes comes out

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Kin posted:

Man, i just blitzed through Streets of Rage 2 a lot quicker than i ever think i did as a kid. Either i'm better, the game's easier or i've been conditioned to expect game to be longer than they once were (it might be a little of both).

Still amazing fun though.

I know it'll never happen but i would quite happily pay £40 for a collection of all these scrolling beat-em-ups. From the Simpsons and TMNT to Captain Commando and the Alien vs Predator one (maybe even the maximum carnage game too).

I don't really care if they're 3D or not, just let me get em all for the DS with savestates and some form of online co-op.

I'd also love for a big revival of this type of game and i'm surprised that the indie bandwagon hasn't jumped on these yet as i'm assuming they're very easy to make compared to half the other platforme/fps that comes out.

Castle Crashers was a huge success wasn't it? Is there a reason why we've never really gotten a huge influx of this genre since?

The company that used to own Kunio-Kun (River City Ransom) has release 5 or 6 new Kunio-Kun games for 3DS but they're all JP-only. That IP, along with Double Dragon and others, is now owned by Arc System Works and they say they want to make new games for those franchises, so you may be in luck.

I'm guessing you don't see as many indie brawlers as you do platformers is because the animation requirements are a lot higher and the people with the chops to animate nice brawler sprites are probably working on fighting games instead. There have been other noteworthy brawlers since Castle Crashers - there's Dragon's Crown, the Scott Pilgrim game for XBLA, Double Dragon Neon, etc and there's a kickstarted River City Ransom sequel coming at some point.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Wait what's up with the rights to that River City Ransom kickstarter then?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I just found out you can give items to party members in xenoblade. Weird the game never tells you this and none of the menu's make it apparent. I mean hell I know you apparently CAN do it but I still don't know how.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

There have been other noteworthy brawlers since Castle Crashers - there's Dragon's Crown, the Scott Pilgrim game for XBLA, Double Dragon Neon, etc and there's a kickstarted River City Ransom sequel coming at some point.
Castle Crashers was broke as gently caress since you could sneeze at the Xbox and the game would mystically eat your save file.

gently caress the Behemoth team.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
There's also that Treachery in Beatdown City game although I dunno how much that'll actually play like a brawler.

E: and Abobo's Big Adventure

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Hat Thoughts posted:

Wait what's up with the rights to that River City Ransom kickstarter then?

I looked it up and neither party seems to have made a statement on the matter. The RCR devs don't post a lot of updates in general.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I just found out you can give items to party members in xenoblade. Weird the game never tells you this and none of the menu's make it apparent. I mean hell I know you apparently CAN do it but I still don't know how.

Just press A on any collectible item and it'll give you the option to give it as a present between party members. The boost it provides isn't very substantial though.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Canadians, The Source has a 2DS/Mario Kart bundle for $99CAD: http://www.thesource.ca/estore/category.aspx?language=en-CA&catalog=Online&category=3ds-2ds-consoles-sale-bundles

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Japan's getting a metallic red New XL on August 27:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

ChaosArgate posted:

Just press A on any collectible item and it'll give you the option to give it as a present between party members. The boost it provides isn't very substantial though.

That's because everyone has different favourite types for much better boosts. Shulk likes machines, for example.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Japan's getting a metallic red New XL on August 27:

What colors did they get at launch? Is this the same red the US already has?

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Japan had black & blue at launch, and yeah this is the same red that NA has had all along.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Ah. So we're definitely getting blue soon.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Sakurai hates making sequels and now that Iwata's gone he's probably done making new Smash games, too.

If this Smash is the last one, it would be a good one to go out on, so long as it's still somehow playable on NX.

I beat Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D and Ocarina of Time 3D this past week. I wasn't really feeling Ocarina of Time for a while, but the Spirit Temple and the last dungeon plus boss fight with Ganon were actually super fun and I really liked them. Looking forward to going into Majora's Mask next. Conversely, gently caress DKCR3D. I liked the 7th world (mostly) but the 8th world has some grade A bullshit. There was a level I died 68 times on. I was still able to soldier through and beat the game, but it was mostly out of defiance at that point.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Detective No. 27 posted:

Ah. So we're definitely getting blue soon.

It's been like semi-confirmed already. I am using semi very loosely.

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/07/10/looks-like-a-metallic-blue-new-nintendo-3ds-xl-will-be-released-in-us-next-month/

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

SRM posted:

If this Smash is the last one, it would be a good one to go out on, so long as it's still somehow playable on NX.

I think Nintendo will continue making a Smash Bros game every generation, with or without Sakurai. It's a huge system-seller, and I think they see its value as an ongoing monument to all their properties. The whole "let's port the last one with no new features" concept Iwata considered between Melee/Brawl doesn't seem like something they'd seriously do.

There's definitely no replicating Sakurai's particular talent and style, but there's people he could reasonably pass the torch to. I'd be a perfectly happy camper if Smash NX were handled by, say, the talent behind Splatoon (with more staff/resources, of course).

Supercar Gautier fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Jul 27, 2015

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Wasn't a big thing this generation that no one was buying Smash for themselves since it was only fun in multiplayer and going to a friends house was easier and a more viable solution

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

noirstronaut posted:

Wasn't a big thing this generation that no one was buying Smash for themselves since it was only fun in multiplayer and going to a friends house was easier and a more viable solution

Maybe? Isn't that a thing with all the Smash games? I know I never bothered getting Smash 64 because my neighbour had it so I just went over to his place to play it.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

noirstronaut posted:

I was visiting some friends out of town and I brought Smash and a shitload of controllers since they didn't have it but they did have a WiiU. With Melee I'm pretty sure everyone I knew with a Gamecube had it.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Smash sold fine.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I meant more for console sales. Relative to how many people have a Wii U, Smash sold fine, but I don't remember in spikes in hardware sales around or because of its launch since people could just go to someone's house.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
You're also incredibly dumb.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Oh ok. Not sure where that came from.

noirstronaut fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Jul 27, 2015

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Shin Megami Tensei IV has sold over 600 000 copies worldwide. That's pretty good for a mainline SMT game, no?

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

noirstronaut posted:

I meant more for console sales. Relative to how many people have a Wii U, Smash sold fine, but I don't remember in spikes in hardware sales around or because of its launch since people could just go to someone's house.

I have to imagine this is exactly why they released a 3ds version.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Hat Thoughts posted:

I have to imagine this is exactly why they released a 3ds version.

Yeah, the 3DS version ended up moving 3DS units, but Smash wouldn't move Wii U units. Then again, MK8 came out before it, so it's probable that people interested in Smash already got the console for MK8.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

How long is Fire Emblem: Awakening? I never, ever want it to end, and I fear that it's shorter than I want it to be.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Fix posted:

How long is Fire Emblem: Awakening? I never, ever want it to end, and I fear that it's shorter than I want it to be.

There's a new one coming out in the US soon. You could spend this time learning Japanese to play the sequel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

noirstronaut posted:

There's a new one coming out in the US soon. You could spend this time learning Japanese to play the sequel

Okay.