Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Our Super Adventure is a pretty cute diary comic that's now kickstarting a print collection.

It's not mindblowing or anything, but their strips in my feed usually make me smile, so check it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

khy posted:

Thursday.

Monday and Thursday.

It's a fun comic. Likes to poke fun at superhero tropes.

Wow, it's a self aware piece of media that likes to poke fun at it's own genre? How craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazy!

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Nanomashoes posted:

Wow, it's a self aware piece of media that likes to poke fun at it's own genre? How craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazy!

What kind of man wouldn't want to see those superhero tropes taken down a peg, I ask you

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

What kind of man wouldn't want to see those superhero tropes taken down a peg, I ask you

Hey

hey guys

what if super

what if superman went evil guys

or were a JERK? huh?

Also what about those pajamas they wear isn't that ridiculous??

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

You might think this comic is really bad, but actually it's hundreds of pages of crudely illustrated banter inspired by that Kevin Smith speech about Superman jizzing a hole in Lois Lane. And it updates weekly!

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Klaus88 posted:

:commissar:

Talking ain't a free action in this universe.

Also grrl power updated. Contains gratuitous shower scene so probably not work safe.

:nws: http://grrlpowercomic.com/ :nws:

oh that jimmy

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
*races in, panting*

What Jimmy done now??

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005
If SSSS doesn't reform its cutesy art I swear I'm going to write a scathing letter to lady bjornhelmsondottir or whatever her name is.
It feels more like a coming-of-age story in a dark fantasy setting than an adventure/horror, where noone is ever hurt and the tension goes down immediately because of the ('_') anime faces she draws every now and then.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Megazver posted:

Our Super Adventure is a pretty cute diary comic that's now kickstarting a print collection.

It's not mindblowing or anything, but their strips in my feed usually make me smile, so check it out.

At the risk of losing my webcomic cool guy cynic goon credentials

:3:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Poppy's getting kinda hardcore, here.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

ReagaNOMNOMicks posted:

If SSSS doesn't reform its cutesy art I swear I'm going to write a scathing letter to lady bjornhelmsondottir or whatever her name is.
It feels more like a coming-of-age story in a dark fantasy setting than an adventure/horror, where noone is ever hurt and the tension goes down immediately because of the ('_') anime faces she draws every now and then.

That's almost definitely a time-saving measure, same as the blank faces in Gunnerkrigg Court - characters who aren't the focus of the panel are drawn in a sketchier style.

Also, what if is a coming of age story story in a dark fantasy setting rather than an adventure/horror? You got a problem with that, bub?

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Cat Mattress posted:

I don't think that's how blood works, but okay then.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

Oxxidation posted:

That's almost definitely a time-saving measure, same as the blank faces in Gunnerkrigg Court - characters who aren't the focus of the panel are drawn in a sketchier style.

Also, what if is a coming of age story story in a dark fantasy setting rather than an adventure/horror? You got a problem with that, bub?

It'd be good if it wasn't marketed as horror...

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

ReagaNOMNOMicks posted:

It'd be good if it wasn't marketed as horror...

quote:

"Stand Still. Stay Silent" is a post apocalyptic webcomic with elements from Nordic mythology, set 90 years in the future. It's mostly a story about friendship and exploring a forgotten world, with some horror, monsters and magic on the side.

Seems pretty straightforward to me!

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

Oxxidation posted:

Seems pretty straightforward to me!

OK then

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I don't think that's how blood works, but okay then.

Someone hasn't been paying attention to Axecop biology 101.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

So it looks like Sfeer Theory has moved on to Hiveworks. And is now claiming to be off hiatus and on a weekly update schedule. We live in hope, I guess.

(Does this thread read Sfeer Theory? I am 80% certain I picked it up from here.)

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Cat Mattress posted:

Considering those 'thump thump' sound effects seem to be coming from her, not the dragon, and she's got a known heart condition AND she's exerting herself quite a bit more than usual, I'm a bit worried she's going to collapse any second.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Autonomous Monster posted:

So it looks like Sfeer Theory has moved on to Hiveworks. And is now claiming to be off hiatus and on a weekly update schedule. We live in hope, I guess.

(Does this thread read Sfeer Theory? I am 80% certain I picked it up from here.)

Current page: a flustered guy, and a guy with huge hands.

How bad is it that my first thought is "I bet the author is in to yaoi"?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Renaissance Robot posted:

Current page: a flustered guy, and a guy with huge hands.

Dunno. How bad is it that you're right?

I actually wasn't sure if the smaller dude was a girl or not, due to the way his hips were drawn here, but previous pages and the character bio prove he is.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
...is a girl?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Jackard posted:

...is a girl?

A dude. Sorry if I left that vague.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

Renaissance Robot posted:

The newspost actually says he's being swept off his feet, I don't think the subtext is supposed to be all that sub.

If people haven't been reading it, I guess I'd encourage you to check it out? I can't tell you whether it'd be any good or not, seeing as it's only managed to produce ~70 pages in the- four?- years I've been following it, but the art is solid and the writing has that sort of self-assurance that makes you feel like it's going places.

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you
Not sure if anyone hear remembers. But there was once a webcomic which had an animated once off to the tune of new soul by Yael Naim.
It popped into my head the other day and has been bugging me trying to remember. I don't particularly read webcomics. My only real experience was through the old CAD megathreads so it was probably linked there at some points.

Cheers if anyone remembers which strip it was or has the link so I can forget about it again.

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

Marenghi posted:

Not sure if anyone hear remembers. But there was once a webcomic which had an animated once off to the tune of new soul by Yael Naim.
It popped into my head the other day and has been bugging me trying to remember. I don't particularly read webcomics. My only real experience was through the old CAD megathreads so it was probably linked there at some points.

Cheers if anyone remembers which strip it was or has the link so I can forget about it again.

It was Boxer Hockey: http://boxerhockeycomic.tumblr.com/

That animation doesn't seem to be anywhere on their site though, guessing copyright something something.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

You guys should go re-read Kid Radd because why not. Fun blast-from-the-past.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

khy posted:

You guys should go re-read Kid Radd because why not. Fun blast-from-the-past.

Kid Radd is good. Do this.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Buttlord Trunks is going to be a JRPG parody isn't he.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Hey, do you guys remember Ava's Demon? Because unless I am stupid and missed something (very possible), it just updated.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Want that last panel as a wallpaper.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

The Lord of Hats posted:

Hey, do you guys remember Ava's Demon? Because unless I am stupid and missed something (very possible), it just updated.

ah poo poo she got the battle ax

LunarCress
Feb 7, 2015

Look at the handle. That totally used to be her key :allears:

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Derelict's author started up a second comic that is updating on wednesday called The Sword Interval, it's using a few of the elements of their comic from before Derelict and has been pretty neat so far!

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

The Lord of Hats posted:

Holy poo poo. It's been, what, 2-3 months?

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

Archenteron posted:

Holy poo poo. It's been, what, 2-3 months?

It had a surprise update maybe that far back, but I think it's been on hiatus for at least twice that length of time.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

A Darker Porpoise posted:

Derelict's author started up a second comic that is updating on wednesday called The Sword Interval, it's using a few of the elements of their comic from before Derelict and has been pretty neat so far!

oh poo poo, fall's back

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
Pants to the floor and it's booty galore
My scrotum is shaking
And your cooch should be quaking
'Cause there's just no mistaking that
Rippling nipple
That rippling nipple's got
Triple the energy
I taste your jealousy
When my bum's in a frenzy
All lesser men envy that
Fast arse
Pop your hot rocks in my
Fast arse
Pop your hot rocks in my
Fast arse
Whip out your hot cock and
Slap it

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
welcome back

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
Just slap it
Yeah!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cultureulterior
Jan 27, 2004
I'll be interested to see if the Leftover Soup main characters get together, and how that affects the main character's war on PCP drug dealers. Seriously, the plot in this thing is very uneven. Still, the guy did 1/0 ten years ago, which built up enormous amounts of goodwill from me, and while it's a QC/DoA-style group of characters, at least I find it interesting every day.

• Locked thread