Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

The Whole Internet posted:

I have a feeling that Bronco vs Tombstone will be the best fight of the tournament and possibly the best fight of all time.

Either that, or one hits the other with enough force to ringout them within the first ten seconds. :unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

The Whole Internet posted:

I have a feeling that Bronco vs Tombstone will be the best fight of the tournament and possibly the best fight of all time.

This was posted on the Battlebots instagram. Looks like bots are going to fly all over the place, which is always great.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Fish Of Doom posted:

This was posted on the Battlebots instagram. Looks like bots are going to fly all over the place, which is always great.

Look at the right side of Bronco, busted up

kinkouin
Nov 7, 2014

GaussianCopula posted:

Look at the right side of Bronco, busted up

Doesn't seem too bad. A side skirt and the front guard for one of the scoops?

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

The way the left skirt looks, I think it is pressed into the front wheel.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

Oh course, in that picture it also looks like tombstone is a helicopter with a pointed ram on the front now.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I wonder what's up with that bar. Special weapon for going up against flippers? I've been considering just how awful it would be for Tombstone to land on its weapon after being flipped by Bronco, I guess they did too.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

kinkouin posted:

Doesn't seem too bad. A side skirt and the front guard for one of the scoops?

Also half that front wheel.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

I wonder what's up with that bar. Special weapon for going up against flippers? I've been considering just how awful it would be for Tombstone to land on its weapon after being flipped by Bronco, I guess they did too.

I think the red bar is just their spare since they're normal one broke in the last match.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Fish Of Doom posted:

I think the red bar is just their spare since they're normal one broke in the last match.

From the discussions they have been having, I believe that Tombstone has several different bars for different matches. For example, against WD they switched to a shorter bar for faster spin-up. So I doubt it's a 'normal one broke, go to spare' situation.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

LeJackal posted:

From the discussions they have been having, I believe that Tombstone has several different bars for different matches. For example, against WD they switched to a shorter bar for faster spin-up. So I doubt it's a 'normal one broke, go to spare' situation.

Well in the last episode they said they were down to their "normal" bar but that is clearly not their normal bar. That's why I'm thinking it's a specialized weapon, or maybe it is their backup but they decided it'd be a tactically choice against Bronco since smacking into the arena floor with their normal bar would be catastrophic.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

LeJackal posted:

Ray Billings did an ama on reddit a few days ago. He said he brought 3 different bars to the fight. The short one he used on witch Doctor was supposed to be to hardest to break but he said it was also the oldest one he had.

Lots of fun info from that ama. Like the fact that tombstone needs a new chassis every 2-3 tournaments because the force distorts it so badly it's about 1/4 inch shorter. And by his math, the longest bar hits with around 100 kj of energy

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

In that AMA, he says that the longest one is actually aluminum with steel teeth and is solid. The red one has holes in it, so it's probably his medium solid tool steel bar. The one that broke on Witch Doctor is the smallest but thickest of the bars, which ironically he chose because it had the least chance to break.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

:siren: ROBOTS ACTIVATE :siren:

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.
Are they doing exhibition matches in between the semis and finals, or only 3 fights tonight? It's a shame the Tombstone v Bronco is the first fight.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Let's be honest. This is the grand finale match right here. Whoever wins this match, is almost guaranteed to win overall

Gandalf21
May 17, 2012

Twerk from Home posted:

Are they doing exhibition matches in between the semis and finals, or only 3 fights tonight? It's a shame the Tombstone v Bronco is the first fight.

I think there's a Witch Doctor vs Nightmare vs Overhaul melee tonight too

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Haha game over man. Bronco FTW

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Holy poo poo

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Uh, gently caress you Battlebots. Tombstone just lost.

For the second time in a row.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Hahaha Tombstone you dumbass

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

That was awesome :neckbeard:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Tombstone wrecking himself with that cheap rear end late hit is appropriate

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel
drat it pierce from community, you just had to go for that last hit didn't you.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Jesus loving christ, Tombstone :stare:

That was awesome.

Seiyal
Jul 9, 2015

In my mind I just pretend. My brain is my only true friend.
Dunno if that final clash ended up doing some decent damage because they wanted to go in for the kill. That would almost be pretty poetic.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Tombstone guy is a pretty bad driver. He's always exposing his weak points.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Aphrodite posted:

Pretty amazing actually, the other bots the last 2 matches only had to survive one or two more hits from Tombstone and they would have won the match!

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Looks like it mostly just forced the case open. Nothing broken or disconnected. They just need to shove Tombstone's guts back in and close it back up and it'll be fine.

But yeah, this match is the best and Inertia Labs will probably practice for another match against Tombstone or a Tombstone-like next year They had the right idea with the extended flipper, but they didn't seem to have the bot all properly balanced for it.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Aphrodite posted:

lol

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel
I'm so sad that the final match won't be Tombstone ripping apart the MIT twerps' Razor ripoff.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Xelkelvos posted:

Looks like it mostly just forced the case open. Nothing broken or disconnected. They just need to shove Tombstone's guts back in and close it back up and it'll be fine.

But yeah, this match is the best and Inertia Labs will probably practice for another match against Tombstone or a Tombstone-like next year They had the right idea with the extended flipper, but they didn't seem to have the bot all properly balanced for it.

They also needed to have some better timing. Like they showed, there was one point where they had the flipper underneath the body of Tombstone but didn't activate. That might have flipped him right out of the arena

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

This is such a boring matchup.

Sardonik posted:

I'm so sad that the final match won't be Tombstone ripping apart the MIT twerps' Razor ripoff.

I do enjoy that they had the gall to just flatout use a knockoff of a competing team's former robot.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Pretty amazing actually, the other bots the last 2 matches only had to survive one or two more hits from Tombstone and they would have won the match!

Most bots can barely survive the first hit from Tombstone. Surviving one or two more hits is a pretty tall order in and of itself.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Ghost Raptor is the little bot that could.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

did ghost raptor stop working?

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

There it goes. It looked like it just stopped right as the match started.

EDIT: And there it went :geno:

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Bite Force is gonna get torn apart by Tombstone.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

STOP! STOP! HE'S ALREADY DEAD!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Bite Force is gonna get wrecked. Its Treads are going to get torn to pieces. RIP Ghost Raptor.

• Locked thread