Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
God bless the GOP.

"This president's foreign policy is the most feckless in American history. It is so naive that he would trust the Iranians. By doing so, he will take the Israelis and march them to the door of the oven," Huckabee said.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

lmao

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Inshallah

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
and people wonder why nuclear annihilation is our aspiration

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

I concur

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Godholio posted:

God bless the GOP.

"This president's foreign policy is the most feckless in American history. It is so naive that he would trust the Iranians. By doing so, he will take the Israelis and march them to the door of the oven," Huckabee said.

Can we switch it up and toss Iranians in to the oven?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Genocide Tendency posted:

Can we switch it up and toss Iranians in to the oven?

It would be pretty tacky to steal Jeb's foreign policy platform.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Can we switch it up and toss Huckabee in to the oven?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Only if I get to punch Raphael Edward Cruz in his doughy, supremely punchable face over and over first.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

SumYungGui posted:

Only if I get to punch Raphael Edward Cruz in his doughy, supremely punchable face over and over first.

I wonder what that would feel like, probably like punching the pillsbury dough boy i think, i want to try it

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Cremating fat people is suuposedly messy and not fun.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Everything burns off except calcium, basically. Even the carbon goes up in smoke. There's not much left to be messy.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

So Turkey is bombing ISIS. They're also bombing the Kurds. In Iraq. :allears:

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Godholio posted:

Everything burns off except calcium, basically. Even the carbon goes up in smoke. There's not much left to be messy.

http://www.us-funerals.com/funeral-articles/can-an-obese-person-be-cremated.html#.VbVx_YuW0mY

http://www.spiegel.de/international/germany/surge-in-obesity-sparks-crematorium-blazes-in-germany-a-826639.html

quote:

The crematorium employee in the western German town of Hamelin took a last look at the coffin before pushing it inside the furnace. This was the third coffin he had processed on the morning of January 13, and the body itself weighed over 200 kilograms (440 pounds). Of that, only two kilograms of ashes were supposed to remain after cremation. But, 15 minutes later, flames shot out of the crematorium's 10-meter-high (33-foot-high) stainless-steel chimney, and parts of it began to melt.

Unable to bring the fire under control, the employee called the fire department. Firemen determined that the smoking chimney was glowing at 600 degrees Celsius (1,100 degrees Fahrenheit). They cooled it from the side and used an infrared camera to track the spread of heat through the building. It took four hours to reduce the body in the furnace to ash.

quote:

The simple answer is that yes an obese person can be cremated, however, it can prove more complex and costly to cremate someone who is larger than average in size. Cremating an overweight body does require a larger cremation chamber or retort, and this can be one of the first obstacles that a family may face. Not every crematory or funeral home will have a large enough chamber to accommodate an obese body. This can mean that the deceased has to be transferred to a crematory that can handle overweight cases. This can, of course, incur additional transportation costs.
A human body has a body mass index (BMI) which is generally used to measure how much fat we carry. Fat is obviously more combustible, so the higher the fat percentage of a body, the faster and more intensely it will burn. Every pound of lean tissue gives out approximately 1,000 BTUs (British Thermal Units), but every pound of fatty tissue emits 20,000 BTUs. It generally takes about three hours to conduct a standard cremation, but a body with excessive fatty tissue can take much longer to cremate. This poses safety issues for the cremation

equipment, as it must be able to handle the intensity of the heat over a longer period. Ideally the crematory needs to conduct the cremation of an obese person first thing in the morning when their cremation machine is still cold as this helps to prevent overheating. You may remember the terrible news story last year from Austria, where a crematory was set on fire whilst attempting to cremate an obese body!
The crematory operative will also have to be knowledgeable in how to adjust controls to accommodate different timer settings according to the weight of the deceased.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
sounds like a job for WP

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Is it like grilling meat where flare ups happen from dripping fat?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

holocaust bloopers posted:

Pretty much exactly like that except it's one giant constant flare up, fat people burn really slowly

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

holocaust bloopers posted:

It's exactly like that. If the energy in a morbidly obese person were released instantaneously it would come close to the yield of a MOAB.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
harness the power of fat people for clean energy, then people can stop bitching about oil/coal/nuclear

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
cover fat people with strike anywhere matches and drop them out of planes

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
EDIT: ^^ mine will be more expensive and source fat people from all 50 states, you've got no hope of getting the contract buddy

Stultus Maximus posted:

It's exactly like that. If the energy in a morbidly obese person were released instantaneously it would come close to the yield of a MOAB.

*furiously scribbles weapon idea, calls pentagon*

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Mike-o posted:

harness the power of fat people for clean energy, then people can stop bitching about oil/coal/nuclear

Make it a mandatory weight loss scheme and knock out the fat acceptance movement at the same time

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Two Finger posted:

Make it a mandatory weight loss scheme and knock out the fat acceptance movement at the same time

That's actually the setting of Black Mirror's second episode

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

go3 posted:

cover fat people with strike anywhere matches and drop them out of planes

Make sure they can be dropped out of hovering planes, so the Marines will buy some.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

MrYenko posted:

Make sure they can be dropped out of hovering planes, so the Marines will buy some.

Marines don't need to buy them. Just use some of the dependents

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
If the Syrian's can figure out how to drop barrels out of helicopters, we can fumble our way through dropping fat bombs out of Ospreys.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

Coffeehitler posted:

If the Syrian's can figure out how to drop barrels out of helicopters, we can fumble our way through dropping fat bombs out of Ospreys.

Fried twinkies on a stick?

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

Coffeehitler posted:

Almost...

http://www.myhighplains.com/story/d/story/v-22-osprey-successfully-shows-forward-firing-capa/11186/LlJrpcZQnUiSWLdWpNO6ww

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

The National Archives just released a bunch of photos of Cheney and company taken in the hours following the 9/11 attacks. They look confused as poo poo.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Just kickin' back and relaxin to some sick demolition footage.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

That's actually the setting of Black Mirror's second episode

If y'all haven't watched Black Mirror you should, I see it being rather entertaining to a large portion of GiP's demographic.

It's on Netflix, give it a watch.

psydude posted:

The National Archives just released a bunch of photos of Cheney and company taken in the hours following the 9/11 attacks. They look confused as poo poo.

They really do.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

:laffo::laffo: Thank you so much for that.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Is the meme finally dead & unfunny or are you all too drunk/high/tired to post?

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
Jet fuel may have provided a hit to the structural strength of the steel beams, but the burning fat people aboard those 767s were what actually melted them.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

iyaayas01 posted:

If y'all haven't watched Black Mirror you should, I see it being rather entertaining to a large portion of GiP's demographic.

It's on Netflix, give it a watch.

It's a fantastic show. I need to give it a rewatch.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Mike-o posted:

are fat people really clean though?

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

psydude posted:

I have no idea why, but it makes me irrationally angry that we had a guy involved in any important position named "Scooter".

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I have no idea why, but it makes me irrationally angry that we had a guy involved in any important position named "Scooter".

The older I get, the harder I find it to comprehend that the Bush Administration was a thing.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

VikingSkull posted:

Fire cleanses all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

VikingSkull posted:

Creating an obese person and then burning them must leave one hell of a carbon footprint

• Locked thread