Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
So wait did 1/2 of those ricks pray to God and the other are atheist I'm so confused someone help

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Einstein does kinda strike me as a time criminal

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Top Hats Monthly posted:

So wait did 1/2 of those ricks pray to God and the other are atheist I'm so confused someone help

I took it as half prayed to god and half prayed to the devil

JT Jag posted:

Einstein does kinda strike me as a time criminal

Well he is fighting against 4th dimensional testicle heads. gently caress those guys.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
That was one of the Flight of the Conchords guys voicing the sentient fart in episode 2, right?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Entropic posted:

That was one of the Flight of the Conchords guys voicing the sentient fart in episode 2, right?

Jermaine yes.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Top Hats Monthly posted:

The joke is that Rick has no strong convictions or principles so when he's in trouble he'll try anything.

Great episode, here's something I noticed: Rick only starts acting unsure and messing up the timeline when he's worried about his grandkids. His concern for their safety is the one thing that causes him to act from his heart and not his head which causes him to make mistakes. He loves Morty and Summer and doesn't think they're pieces of poo poo at all :3: but I doubt he'd ever willingly admit that.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Why is someone drawing on their party feed? Also, why is Jeff Davis there?

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
I loved Jerry, Beth and the power of Coldstone Creamery. Also, Keegan Michael Key was awesome as the Time Testicle.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
This was the first episode I watched of the show and holy gently caress I've got to go marathon this poo poo like tonight.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

PostNouveau posted:

Why is someone drawing on their party feed? Also, why is Jeff Davis there?

jeff davis is literally dan harmon's best friend

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

GENE! GENEEEEE

MantisToboggan
Feb 1, 2013
So the time testicle guy is supposed to be a Langolier right?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Relentlessboredomm posted:

I took it as half prayed to god and half prayed to the devil

He would never pray to the devil. Because Rick's hosed him up with Summer and he cried like a little bitch he is.

Integral Catculus
Jul 21, 2007

hopelessly devoted
I really appreciated the 16 frames of running-horse animation that are hanging in the entryway of the house. Was that a new bit of detail added as foreshadowing, or has it always been there?

Also, I highly recommend y'all watch A Rickle in Time with closed captioning turned on. It's magnificent.

Edit: Another fun instance of split-screen-style imagery: The x-rays on the illuminator in the vet's office!

Integral Catculus fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Jul 27, 2015

Laverna
Mar 21, 2013

Aw, I missed the party stream. That's what I get for living in a different time zone!

Luckily it looks like the actual episode works for me so I'm gonna go watch that. :3:

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

Paladinus posted:

He would never pray to the devil. Because Rick's hosed him up with Summer and he cried like a little bitch he is.

Meanwhile, Professor Farnsworth would be "Satan! You owe me!"

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Really wish I would have caught a livestream party

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

MantisToboggan posted:

I don't know if that's what they were going for, but it sure was the first thing I thought of.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
He was the best part of the episode. "CHRIS! You killed my gun!" and "I am defeated!" were some beautifully-delivered lines.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

it's in the mighty hands of steel
Fun Shoe
That was an amazing way to step back into the Rick and Mortyverse.

Hilarious. Good stuff. Can't wait for the next one.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

tarlibone posted:

That was an amazing way to step back into the Rick and Mortyverse.

Hilarious. Good stuff. Can't wait for the next one.

I'm really glad this thread's time has finally caught up with my time. Now take this roll of moneys and go celebrate

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

it's in the mighty hands of steel
Fun Shoe

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

I'm really glad this thread's time has finally caught up with my time. Now take this roll of moneys and go celebrate

You'd better be certain about that. You know what the consequences are.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

MantisToboggan posted:

I have no idea what that is, I thought it looked like Audrey 2 from Little Shop of Horrors.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MantisToboggan posted:

This is what I thought the first time I saw him too.

GoutPatrol posted:

I have no idea what that is, I thought it looked like Audrey 2 from Little Shop of Horrors.
They're testicle monsters from a Stephen King story.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Buzkashi posted:

He was the best part of the episode. "CHRIS! You killed my gun!" and "I am defeated!" were some beautifully-delivered lines.
Key is developing a nice little side-career as a voice actor, he's in a few things and I hardly recognize him until the credits roll and I see his name.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
My only gripe is that the Time Cop Langolier didn't try to eat them. But that being an omniscient immortal is a poo poo gig for him was great.

qntm posted:

Meanwhile, Professor Farnsworth would be "Satan! You owe me!"

Anyone ever get curious to scout and hop over to an alternate reality where Matt Groening handed off Futurama to Harmon and Roiland for the return seasons?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

MariusLecter posted:

My only gripe is that the Time Cop Langolier didn't try to eat them.

I feel like eating Rick is a good way to die from alcohol poisoning.

Grizzlegrax
Mar 21, 2013

:ghost: Bustin' Makes Me :ghost:
:ghost: Feel Good
:ghost:
"If I die in a cage I lose a bet."

Probably the best line from that episode.

CRINDY
Sep 23, 2010

forget about ur worries and ur strife

JT Jag posted:

Key is developing a nice little side-career as a voice actor, he's in a few things and I hardly recognize him until the credits roll and I see his name.

I still do not believe that's him as Sebastian St. Clair in Bojack Horseman, despite the fact that has been confirmed and re-confirmed to me several times.

Favorite parts of the premiere: "I'm doing the cabbage patch!", "If you get to the dolphins in charge, that's too far" and the whole Red Grim Grumble thing. Making up fake references is always a good time.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

MantisToboggan posted:

Hellyeah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYa54e91hfY&t=180s

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Grizzlegrax posted:

"If I die in a cage I lose a bet."

Probably the best line from that episode.

Naw. "Please God in heaven, hear my prayer." *click* "Hah! gently caress you God, not today bitch!"

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

CRINDY posted:

I still do not believe that's him as Sebastian St. Clair in Bojack Horseman, despite the fact that has been confirmed and re-confirmed to me several times.

Favorite parts of the premiere: "I'm doing the cabbage patch!", "If you get to the dolphins in charge, that's too far" and the whole Red Grim Grumble thing. Making up fake references is always a good time.

How many goons here laughed at that made up reference? Come on, fess up so we can all point and laugh at you sheeple.

:smith:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

All the best comedies cultivate their own in-jokes rather than overly depending on cheap pop-culture gags.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
So does this mean ep 3 will be next week?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Waltzing Along posted:

So does this mean ep 3 will be next week?
Episode 2 will be this coming Sunday and episode 3 the week after that, if that is what you mean.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

JT Jag posted:

Episode 2 will be this coming Sunday and episode 3 the week after that, if that is what you mean.

No. From the comments it seemed that people watched Ep2 as well.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
Is there any way to stream the new episode to my TV, or do I have to watch on my computer?

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
So, are we gonna pick apart the new intro?

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

VideoTapir posted:

So, are we gonna pick apart the new intro?

The drill with the molemen seems like something that will probably happen during this season. I don't know if the Cthulhu chase is ever going to occur.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Waltzing Along posted:

No. From the comments it seemed that people watched Ep2 as well.
The first two episodes were leaked.

• Locked thread