Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE
This update just proves John is the best character.

Plom Bar posted:

It's been pointed out that this is a line from Con Air.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AW3aCuxY1DY

THIS IS WHAT THE REFRANCE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Keep trying, John. One of these days you'll be blackflirting like a champ.

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

Plom Bar posted:

hell yes, reference secured.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Glazius posted:

Keep trying, John. One of these days you'll be blackflirting like a champ.

He just needs a little help to get things started, maybe Karkat could dress up as Terezi and they can go on a practice hate-date and god loving dammit I've written the plot to their new universe's third romcom haven't I

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

RZApublican posted:

god loving dammit I've written the plot to their new universe's third romcom haven't I

Speaking of which, I just looked up Roxy Lalonde/Eridan Ampora, expecting it to be a Googlewhack. But no. There are :siren: 50 :siren: of them. Some are moirallegiance. Not all.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Plom Bar posted:

It's not very often you get the chance in life to absolutely nail a reference and John just managed it. Crowning moment of his entire life.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Oh boy is that an enigmatic expression Roxy's got right there. I can't interpret what her mouth is supposed to be doing right now, or rather I can see three different interpretations (a smirk, hanging slightly open or a slightly puzzled frown). I don't recall, is she familiar with troll relationship concepts? Maybe through Calliope? And is she cool with John getting into that? Terezi having a relationship with Gamzee was too much for Dave in the pre-retcon timeline, after all.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Speaking of which, I just looked up Roxy Lalonde/Eridan Ampora, expecting it to be a Googlewhack. But no. There are :siren: 50 :siren: of them. Some are moirallegiance. Not all.

To be fair, she does like wizards. like, alot.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Dolash posted:

I don't recall, is she familiar with troll relationship concepts? Maybe through Calliope? And is she cool with John getting into that? Terezi having a relationship with Gamzee was too much for Dave in the pre-retcon timeline, after all.

Roxy was raised in a troll-controlled time and pace (remember her feeding the carapacians?) so she'd be very aware of troll customs, at lest those that the Batterwitch still permitted. Roxy was also the only human she knew other than Dirk, so not much exposure to "traditional" human relationships other than on preserved video. I can totally see current Roxy being a lot more flexible than pre-meteor Dave.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

That's pretty clearly a bemused smile to me, Roxy seems cool with it. And she's outright used troll terms for relationships so she's updated on troll romance.

Roxy/Eridan make's me very sad though.

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!

:lol:

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Well. One more day, everybody to battle stations, and then we all go back to whatever passes for our normal lives.

We need a week to get un/ironic Homestuck roleplay out of our systems, then threadlock until new things happen.

Dibs on Aranea.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

WAR FOOT posted:

We need a week to get un/ironic Homestuck roleplay out of our systems, then threadlock until new things happen.

Dibs on Aranea.

I call Caliborn!

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013

Glad to see Kanaya is still working on the sarcasm thing

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Please let the last update before OMEGAPAUSE be about whatever Karkat is dreaming right now.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Blackheart posted:

Please let the last update before OMEGAPAUSE be about whatever Karkat is dreaming right now.

its just a fractal version of HUGBUNP 2015

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
We went the whole Gigapause without descending completely into shitfuckery, and I still think Omegapause won't last a full year.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Plom Bar posted:

We went the whole Gigapause without descending completely into shitfuckery, and I still think Omegapause won't last a full year.
King's Quest comes out this week. Expect bad sales followed by a lawsuit against Hussie for slander that makes the Omegapause last 2 years.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

Plom Bar posted:

To be fair, the thread was closed for most of the Gigapause. (I think. I'm not mixing it up with the Cascade pause, am I?)

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

DaveKap posted:

King's Quest comes out this week. Expect bad sales followed by a lawsuit against Hussie for slander that makes the Omegapause last 2 years.

It breaks my heart to say this, because I like the KQ series and was excited about the remake, but I really do hope it flops like a fish. What they did is nothing short of scandalous.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Plom Bar posted:

You can be Roxy if you want.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Boneless Jogger posted:

To be fair, the thread was closed for most of the Gigapause. (I think. I'm not mixing it up with the Cascade pause, am I?)

It was closed for Cascade Pause and the Megapause, which occurred between Act 6 Intermission 5 and Act 6 Act 6, but for the Gigapause I'm pretty sure the mods stopped caring.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i call equius :getin:

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

There are no less than two important Homestuck based roleplaying sites, MSPARP and Cherubplay. If you feel the need to roleplay you can go there, and possibly come back with stories of how people tried to cyber you.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

paradoxGentleman posted:

There are no less than two important Homestuck based roleplaying sites, MSPARP and Cherubplay. If you feel the need to roleplay you can go there, and possibly come back with stories of how people tried to cyber you.

:raise: 'Important'?

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

WAR FOOT posted:

You can be Roxy if you want.

that was a rose post if i've ever seen one

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
what level of irony are we operating at here, for future reference

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

paranoid randroid posted:

what level of irony are we operating at here, for future reference
A Dave level of irony, e.g. constantly insinuating it's ironic even as it grows ever more obvious to all parties that it really isn't.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

JT Jag posted:

A Dave level of irony, e.g. constantly insinuating it's ironic even as it grows ever more obvious to all parties that it really isn't.

Not an emptyquote

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Cabbit posted:

:raise: 'Important'?

They're the ones most people in the fandom have heard of. I assume there might be others stashed away in some dark corner of the Internet, but who knows?

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Death Bot posted:

that was a rose post if i've ever seen one

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

JT Jag posted:

im picking up readings in excess of five dirks per million

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Blackheart posted:

It'll be Nic Cage and boners. Calling it now.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Plom Bar posted:

It was closed for Cascade Pause and the Megapause, which occurred between Act 6 Intermission 5 and Act 6 Act 6, but for the Gigapause I'm pretty sure the mods stopped caring.

We also had Paradox Space during the gigapause so there was actual content to discuss.

Note to Self
Mar 21, 2012
Yeah, but that only started six months in. What the hell else were we talking about then?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Wait instead of Karkat I would also accept we jump to the Draconian Dignitary now.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

JT Jag posted:

I am operating on Dirk levels here, where the irony is in that it is not at all ironic.

Also I call John :colbert:

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
We could discuss life, the universe, and the meaning of it all

(Dibs on Karkat suckers)

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
I call dibs on Calliope

Said no one ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Prison Warden posted:

I call dibs on Calliope

Said no one ever.
I think you're forgetting Roxy, who said she'd give that ring to the person she would marry. Anyway, I call Nannasprite for the excellent reason that she's the only old person, but the tail is gonna be a bitch. An actual Homestuck-related question: Do we know if Kanaya is still walking around with Eridan's wand-wound through her abdomen, or is the sash just a fashion statement?