Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Hokuto Brother?
This poll is closed.
Kenshiro 35 38.46%
Toki 16 17.58%
Jagi 20 21.98%
Raoh 20 21.98%
Total: 91 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I remember once reading an early Johnny Wander strip and how the girl had a dream about a Curry with Pumpkin. I recently cooked it (I also added a bit of shredded chicken) and it was so loving good.

Surgery starts in about half an hour. Wish me luck, goons! :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

good luck

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Linnaeus posted:

good luck

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
good luck friend.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

ganbare

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Nate RFB posted:

Japanese curry is loving delicious, is why. Really calorie-dense though especially if you get it with chicken katsu.

That was the first thing I ate in Japan (not counting a riceball at the airport).

Wark Say posted:

I remember once reading an early Johnny Wander strip and how the girl had a dream about a Curry with Pumpkin. I recently cooked it (I also added a bit of shredded chicken) and it was so loving good.

Good luck

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

What happened in japan that an indian dish became comfort food

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Wark Say posted:

good luck enjoy your new eyes

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Davincie posted:

more madoka production notes

http://imgur.com/a/SyuW6#4

Cool

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

boom boom boom posted:

oh poo poo, they made a live-action Tokyo Tribes movie!

Sion Sono is the motherfucking poo poo my man.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Smoking Crow posted:

wikipedia posted:

Curry was introduced to Japan during the Meiji era (1868–1912) by the British, at a time when India was under their administration. The dish became popular and available for purchase in supermarkets and restaurants in the late 1960s. It has been adapted since its introduction to Japan, and is so widely consumed that it can be called a national dish.[1]
shrug

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

They put raisins in their curry in that new dad manga on Crunchyroll

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The British Empire's greatest legacy was spreading curry to all corners of the globe.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Terper posted:

They put raisins in their curry in that new dad manga on Crunchyroll

Curry can have all sorts of fruit in it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

FirstAidKite posted:

Sup everybody

Hey.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The few times I've made curry at home I'm usually too lazy to actually cook meat for it, so one time I just threw in a few chopped up hot dogs. It was still pretty good.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Davincie posted:

By all appearances, Sakura and her friends are normal, albeit sheltered junior high school girls who enjoy talking about love and walking home from school together. However, they also happen to inhabit a strange and supernatural world populated by mysterious, gigantic beings and unusual plant and animal life. Amid their peaceful lives, Sakura becomes very interested in something only alluded to exist in an old book: dicks.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Which reminds me a couple of new chapters of that came out.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My favorite book is probably The Story g Film: An Odyssey for nonfiction and Gravity's Rainbow for fiction

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Wark Say posted:

G'luck.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Smoking Crow posted:

why is that strange? some of the most basic, everyone eats and can make it dishes where i live come from the other side of the world

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Nate RFB posted:

The few times I've made curry at home I'm usually too lazy to actually cook meat for it, so one time I just threw in a few chopped up hot dogs. It was still pretty good.

According to Yotsuba, curry is so powerful you can even put seafood in it and it can still be good.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

In Training posted:

My favorite book is probably The Story g Film: An Odyssey for nonfiction and Gravity's Rainbow for fiction

Mine is The World of Late Antiquity for nonfiction and Winesburg, Ohio for fiction

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Wark Say posted:

was curry with pumpkin worth it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

littleorv posted:

I'm mad as gently caress that when I googled Hannibal to double check what battle he lost in Rome all of the results were from that lovely(?) TV show.

It's best American TV show in like a decade. Take a seat --> \_

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Davincie posted:

why is that strange? some of the most basic, everyone eats and can make it dishes where i live come from the other side of the world

the Netherlands didn't have hundreds of years of self-imposed isolation from all other countries

also, i'm not aware of a large immigrant population of indians in japan

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

K. Flaps posted:

I'm STEM.

I'm INTJ.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Smoking Crow posted:

the Netherlands didn't have hundreds of years of self-imposed isolation from all other countries

The english brought curry to japan during the meiji period.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

:blush:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm gonna start Diebuster as soon as I prise myself off the couch.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

I'm gonna start Diebuster as soon as I prise myself off the couch.

I'm almost finished. :sweatdrop:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Whoops.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

It sort of makes sense in that it's something goes really well with just a bowl of rice and doesn't require an oven to make.

I'd guess part of why it spread so much is that it was used in primary school school lunches, so pretty much everyone grew up with it. Why it was used in school lunches probably has to do with it being easy to make in large batches and easy to include vegetables in a format kids will enjoy.

It also keeps for a while, unlike a lot of other traditional Japanese foods.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Davincie posted:

It seeks writers interested in utsuge (depressing games) with a "dignified" writing style and adept at portraying complicated emotions and appealing to the hearts of women in their late 20s to 40s. It also welcomes applicants who love big breasts

they got everything important covered

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sharkopath posted:

its Dix-Neuf.

Dicks Enough

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

Smoking Crow posted:

I think there is in china. Idk for sure though I'm just going off of Chungking Express

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bad Seafood posted:

JRPGs are good.

I've been playing Earthbound for the first time and it's drat fine stuff.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

In Training posted:

I've been playing Earthbound for the first time and it's drat fine stuff.

I suggest not using a guide unless you absolutely have to, especially at the end.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

K. Flaps posted:

If Namtab told me he was drowning I'd pee harder to finally submerge him completely.

Lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

K. Flaps posted:

The greatest anime of the 90s, Eva, and the greatest anime of the 00s, Code Geass S1, are both mecha.

Eva is the only good mecha anime. Chode Gayass.

• Locked thread