Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Lady Naga posted:

What if the non-wrestler 2k16 character is Ryu in a cross-promotion :aaaaa:

I'd love it if they just went full on Tony Hawk Pro Skater and started adding guys like Shrek and Wolverine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

triplexpac posted:

I'd say it's very likely he gets pulled, yeah.

Why's that? Did I miss something?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
What is with all this celebrity character talk, did I miss something?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Someone claimed that the adverts for 2K16 are going to heavily feature a famous non-wrestler who will be in the game. Most people are assuming it's Arnold

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Why's that? Did I miss something?
I see you didn't check the internet today

(The audio from the Hogan sex tape got unsealed and it features him going on a racist rant against black dudes dating his daughter and the WWE has Benoit'd him from their entire public apparatus)

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Basic Chunnel posted:

I see you didn't check the internet today

(The audio from the Hogan sex tape got unsealed and it features him going on a racist rant against black dudes dating his daughter and the WWE has Benoit'd him from their entire public apparatus)

.....but they're still, like, cool with Jimmy Snuka, right? Good gravy.

I guarantee their IT department has built an easy-to-use web-based tool where you can input a wrestler's name and Benoit them with a single button press. Given how often this stuff happens they'd save a ton of man-hours every year.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I'm not sure the verb form of Benoit should be "to disappear from a website." It should probably be "to murder your family."

vvv Or "to be a family that gets murdered by the patriarch."

Steve Vader fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Jul 25, 2015

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
To Benoit is to kill your family, to get Benoit'd is to have your parent company scrub all trace of your from their records.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Does anyone remember WWF Attitude on PS1?

More importantly, does anyone have it handy to tell me if I can approximate wings or feathered arms in CAW? I have an idea and it may be a terrible one but I'm sorely tempted to see it through just because I have mad nostalgia for that game.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
My earliest memory of WWF Attitude of some interview the developers did with IGN that consisted of most of the questions being "Can you make ___ in CAW mode? Yes, you can make ____ in CAW mode" and then people freaking the gently caress out.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Was attitude the one with the classic voiceovers where they obviously just edited in Jim Ross saying names of wrestlers over one liners in an incredibly stilted fashion?

I guess all video games were like that at one point, but I just remember it being super jarring in one of the PS1 era games. Stuff like '......THE UNDERTAKER....is about as effective as a one legged man in an rear end kicking contest'

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Player 1! Player 1!

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

All I really remember about WWF Attitude is that it was incredibly hyped, then it came out and half the game turned out to be pausing repeatedly to check the combo list because it took like six buttons to pull off a suplex.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
All I remember from WWF Attitude is painting my grandparents new shed, and they paid me $60 for it the week the game came out. And when I went to buy it I traded in WarZone and for a reason that shocks anyone I've ever told it to today. Electronics Boutique game me $50 towards Attitude. I've still never figured out how they made money from that trade in promotion. I'm sure I bought the guide to go with the game, but those were like $13 back then.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Attitude was horrendous. The graphics and control were just as bad as War Zone, but the game thought it would be super fun to make you wrestle lots of handicap or tag matches with those atrocious inputs, so you would just get demolished in the corner by dudes while futility trying to remember how to do a sidewalk slam. The two WCW Aki games ate their lunch and Acclaim just stood pat and didn't improve a single loving thing besides CAW. And then continued to not change a drat thing for the ECW games. Acclaim were hard workers.

Still, I will never be able to get rid of all the generic "Player One" taunts from my brain.

*hits guy with a board 300 times because the controls are too terrible to do any moves* OH YEAH. OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAH!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

All this talk about Hogan reminds me, his classic entrance in 2K14 doesn't end with him tearing off his shirt. Like, the most memorable thing about his entrance other than "Real American", and 2K can't be bothered

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

CopywrightMMXI posted:

I hope they replace him with Scott Steiner.

Holla if ya hear me!

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
They put more time into voice clips than WWE has in years and years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gB3pD3UYf0

Madtrixr
Nov 27, 2010

Tato posted:

Attitude was horrendous. The graphics and control were just as bad as War Zone, but the game thought it would be super fun to make you wrestle lots of handicap or tag matches with those atrocious inputs, so you would just get demolished in the corner by dudes while futility trying to remember how to do a sidewalk slam. The two WCW Aki games ate their lunch and Acclaim just stood pat and didn't improve a single loving thing besides CAW. And then continued to not change a drat thing for the ECW games. Acclaim were hard workers.

Still, I will never be able to get rid of all the generic "Player One" taunts from my brain.

*hits guy with a board 300 times because the controls are too terrible to do any moves* OH YEAH. OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAH!

Acclaim were not very good at the whole video games thing. They had some decent titles (I fuckin love Re-Volt) but they put out way more poo poo than gold.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

When I was little I thought Acclaim made awesome games because they published the console versions of Mortal Kombat 2 and NBA Jam, and I didn't realize that their logo on the box didn't mean they made the game. I played a lot of poo poo games because of that logo.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Davros1 posted:

All this talk about Hogan reminds me, his classic entrance in 2K14 doesn't end with him tearing off his shirt. Like, the most memorable thing about his entrance other than "Real American", and 2K can't be bothered

They had to wait until 2k15 on next gen consoles to truly give the shirt ripping physics justice.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
For real though I have hardcore nostalgia for WWF Attitude and I'm thinking of LPing the career mode, this is probably gonna hurt

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

LORD OF BUTT posted:

For real though I have hardcore nostalgia for WWF Attitude and I'm thinking of LPing the career mode, this is probably gonna hurt

I did this recently (just played, didn't record it), and yes, yes it will

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Attitude had Eye of the Chicken, the best possible custom theme.

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
The Hogan pack that was just added to immortals has been taken down. And I think he no longer appears as a random enemy in the towers now. In other Immortals new DASHING ROGUE John Cena has been shown. He looks like if John Cena went to a costume party as a member of the Legion of Doom.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

GenericMartini posted:

The Hogan pack that was just added to immortals has been taken down. And I think he no longer appears as a random enemy in the towers now. In other Immortals new DASHING ROGUE John Cena has been shown. He looks like if John Cena went to a costume party as a member of the Legion of Doom.

It looks like Hogan is still in for the time being. Wouldn't be surprised to see him replaced soon.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

News: The non-wrestler for WWE 2k16 has been leaked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qek2AIfV34

Views: Ahahah this owns

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Great White Hope posted:

This loving rules, it's so dumb that it loops back around to being great.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

that's the best loving preorder incentive I've ever seen and now I'm praying the game is passable

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
I thought they were twisting my nuts last year locking Paige as the season pass exclusive, but this will definitely have me breaking my no-preorder rule. That is everything I want wrestling to be, everything I want wrestling video games to be and everything I want The Terminator to be.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

If they don't have a Sandman entrance animation for me to use I'm going to be so pissed off

Howling Man
Mar 29, 2014

Great White Hope posted:

Everyone must watch this

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

pressedbunny posted:

I thought they were twisting my nuts last year locking Paige as the season pass exclusive, but this will definitely have me breaking my no-preorder rule. That is everything I want wrestling to be, everything I want wrestling video games to be and everything I want The Terminator to be.

You will get to see Arnold do the same 15 moves since 2015. Worth your $60

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

That video is amazing. Ambrose is great

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
I didn't even notice Finn was in the video until the second time I watched it. And he's listed as NXT Champ.

...who are the other two guys though?

EDIT: Also a third girl next to Eva, who is she?

And "The Demon" Finn Balor? Really? Kane doesn't have a copyright on that?

EDIT 2: Does Bryan not drink? I imagine being friends with Punk and Cabana he probably doesn't often if at all, which is fine. But look at the way he holds that Miller in the video. That's a really awkward way to hold a beer.

Skunkrocker fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Jul 27, 2015

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

That video is amazing, but putting a robotic killing machine into a wrestling game is still real dumb.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

TheJoker138 posted:

That video is amazing, but putting a robotic killing machine into a wrestling game is still real dumb.

What if it was Robocop?

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010

Skunkrocker posted:

What if it was Robocop?

that sounds like additional DLC waiting to happen

"Finally, experience the dream match. Robocop vs. the Terminator. Only on WWE2k16. Also, Mugen probably."

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Only if he saves Sting.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Triple H & Terminator vs. Sting & Robocop is the Mania match we should have had.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Skunkrocker posted:

...who are the other two guys though?

EDIT: Also a third girl next to Eva, who is she?

Just some extras I guess. For a second though I thought it was Harper by the pool table.

quote:

EDIT 2: Does Bryan not drink? I imagine being friends with Punk and Cabana he probably doesn't often if at all, which is fine. But look at the way he holds that Miller in the video. That's a really awkward way to hold a beer.

Pretty much everything in life that isn't wrestling he does awkwardly.