Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

http://www.actugaming.net/news/actualites/concours-skyforge-une-nouvelle-flop%E9e-de-bonus-%E0-gagner-r3342

More of the same free poo poo. Grab some codes for your fellow goons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Looking at all the symbols I have to wonder how anybody can take PvP seriously, half of them seem completely broken as gently caress and I can't wait to catch them all.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Really tired of having to spam Dankit Island for 40~ Sparks of Transformation every time I need to respec. gently caress.

gently caress.

Someone give me a bunch of argents so I can just buy them. TIA

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Already gone.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Yeah that promo ran out quick as hell, jesus.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

ChickenWing posted:

Yeah that promo ran out quick as hell, jesus.

The game is gaining traction for some unknown reason.

FoolishLobster
Sep 13, 2009

http://sf.my.com/gb/news/announcements/skyforge-producers-letter-high-prestige-content-update

quote:

Hello Immortals,

For the past couple of months, the Skyforge developers have been hard at work getting the game ready for the Open Beta Test. This means a lot of late nights polishing content, testing features, and fixing bugs.

In addition to all the work that’s going on in-game, we’ve also got a lot happening behind the scenes in both our North American and European operations groups, as well as within their respective data centers. All of the behind the scenes work happening right now is to ensure the game is adequately prepared for the release of our next major update!

This patch is a key milestone for the project, designed to bring players the much needed challenges for their Pantheons and includes several new group activities! This should alleviate concerns from players who believed that reaching their weekly cap would leave them out of activities. Here’s a sample of some of the upcoming activities:

Distortions

Using a dedicated analyzer, Pantheons can mark spatial distortions on the tactical globe of the divine observatory, allowing a group of ten players from the same Pantheon to instantly teleport to the enemy's lair. They will need to fight four powerful opponents one after another face-to-face in an arena. As reward for their triumphant victory, these groups receive unique Epic weapons and other valuable trophies, advance towards the next stages of their character’s divine form.
Invasions

Whilst Pantheons seek out Aliens in Distortions, the enemy also prepare their own invasion! Every immortal will now be involved in keeping Alien invasions at bay. Invasions are large scale events that affect all players without exception, consisting of numerous stages. Battling through each stage of invasions will allow you to make significant progress through the Divine Atlas due to rewards and bonuses which are not counted towards the weekly limits.

Anomalies

Anomalies are activities for five players in a large open area that can be accessed by several groups at the same time. Tessa's Sanctuary acts as a rallying point near the Anomalies and a place where gods wishing to join in on these adventures congregate. Anomalies abound with Ether Resonators which in turn can be converted into Sparks for the Ascension Atlases among several other epic rewards. In this new challenge, an essential stat will come into play: Tactical Sense, used to overcome the defenses of powerful enemies.
Raids

Ten valiant gods will explore two unique and incredible locations that will test them against the strongest creatures on Aelion: The Mechanoid Ship & Operation Isabella. Raids will be serious challenges for players seeking group-based high-end PvE content and a source of upgrade items to increase their Tactical Sense statistic.

Divine Form

Such heroic deeds cannot be achieved by mere mortals, not even immortals. For most of these activities, you will need to rise as a God and progress through the newly unlocked Divine Atlas. Players will need to complete the "New God" Storyline quest which becomes available at around 30,500 Prestige.

Aelinet Improvements

In order to help you toward the goal of becoming a God, we have improved the interface of Aelinet so that players can manage and send adepts on missions directly through the Aelinet. Additionally we'll be aiming at restoring Aelinet chat and resolve our pantheon issues by the time we reach our target date for the update.

Patch Release Date

We’ve heard from many of you who are anxious to know when this patch will be implemented. This patch contains a lot more fixes and improvements that we could share in this letter - but we will soon publish a detailed patch note along with a more specific time and date. You will not have to wait long to experience these additions and changes.

Conclusion

This demanding schedule put our team under a lot of stress but rest assured that for the time being, we will be working towards resolving several other requests from our community and will address them in separate topics. Naming only a few here: PvP Titles, Mechanic costume commemorative gift, chat filtering etc

Thanks again to everyone for their interest, support and enthusiasm for Skyforge! We’ve seen a lot of Immortals going above and beyond to help new members of the community feel at home, especially within the French Community Chat and German community Chat.

Open Beta is a huge step for us, but it is not the last. Skyforge will continue to expand and improve as we move forward, thanks to the ongoing efforts of our developers and community.

From all of us here on the Skyforge Team, Thank you!

-Aaron "Legatus" Biedma
-North American Skyforge Producer – My.com

kojicolnair
Mar 18, 2009
So how is the Kinetic class? I'm thinking of going for that but still pretty unsure.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Drinkfist posted:

Typically I only like pvp content in mmos but for some reason the pvp in this is lovely but I actually have fun with the pve.

Tolstojevski
Apr 10, 2009
Do we have a pantheon going on the EU server? I am a horrible, horrible casual, but I do log on daily and I do not mind staring one up if we do not already have one.

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

:dukedog:

Drinkfist posted:

I had no idea about this game until I got an open beta email this weekend, I signed up ages ago and just got this email about it.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

BadLlama posted:

Typically I only like pvp content in mmos but for some reason the pvp in this is lovely but I actually have fun with the pve.

Yeah I got my fiancee who is generally wholeheartedly opposed to typical MMOs to give it a shot and she's not hating it, which has absolutely flabbergasted me.

This one might stick.

walruscat
Apr 27, 2013

Loving the note about managing your adepts from Alienet.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Tolstojevski posted:

Do we have a pantheon going on the EU server? I am a horrible, horrible casual, but I do log on daily and I do not mind staring one up if we do not already have one.

It should be mentioned that small pantheons flat out aren't a thing worth doing and there are tangible benefits to actually hooking up with one that has more people. For one you don't even get the bonus buildings until multiple million credits and several weeks of everybody building a thing every eight hours. You also don't get the guild content buildings with guild stores and the rift or whatever things. Do what you want but unless you can get 50 or so people at the very least to join up with you it's not gonna be worth anybody's time or effort.

blueberrysmith
May 4, 2006

Dirty Sanchez

FoolishLobster posted:

Tactical Sense

Wait, there's actually a "raid boss" stat now? Oy.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Obscurity posted:

Really tired of having to spam Dankit Island for 40~ Sparks of Transformation every time I need to respec. gently caress.

gently caress.

Someone give me a bunch of argents so I can just buy them. TIA

how in the world did you managed to run out of those :wtc:

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!

walruscat posted:

Loving the note about managing your adepts from Alienet.

Managing my cultists through the website? Sign me up!

blueberrysmith posted:

Wait, there's actually a "raid boss" stat now? Oy.

It's the last upgrade slot, the one next to trophies. Didn't seem that important to me but that particular form of content is all about getting ahead; You have 40 players divided in groups on an instance, and the top 10 get to move on to bigger and better rewards on the next day while the others start over.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

RottenK posted:

I've seen pubbies complain about the same thing. Can't understand it myself, the game shits those at you.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

RottenK posted:

I am telling you I must be doing something wrong. I haven't been capping sparks every week, but I get close to it..and I know they replace normal sparks after you cap. But I legit had like 400-500 by the time I was able to unlock my first class (Necro) which cost me 300 to unlock, and I have been respeccing here and there to try new abilities and whatnot (as any newbie would do) and I am apparently just spending them faster than I am earning them. :saddowns:

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Not capping is the problem. It's hard to earn those things otherwise, as no missions reward them directly until you do so. The alternative is doing what you were already doing; Dankit Island.

Also, buying them is never worth it. They're so terribly overpriced. One adventure's worth of sparks of transformation goes for like 250 argents.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Anyway, I found some Russian ascension atlas calculator and HyC asked me to post this image:

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.
So how exactly does the Okki Tablet reset work? I hit my weekly caps, so there's not much point playing more until Wednesday, but I grabbed a tablet on Saturday and I'd like to grab another when it resets (which it apparently hasn't yet).

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Every two days, at midnight EDT (06:00 CEST).

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Liberatore posted:

Not capping is the problem. It's hard to earn those things otherwise, as no missions reward them directly until you do so. The alternative is doing what you were already doing; Dankit Island.

Also, buying them is never worth it. They're so terribly overpriced. One adventure's worth of sparks of transformation goes for like 250 argents.

Ugh, so casual people pretty much are screwed? I mean I play every night for a couple hours, but I am not capping for one reason or another. Currently at 10300~ prestige.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

You also get them from loot; Enough to unlock new classes, at least. I don't think most people have to respec often enough that running Dankit Island for 10 minutes when they need to do so would be an issue.

Gealar
May 2, 2013

FoolishLobster posted:

Divine Form

Such heroic deeds cannot be achieved by mere mortals, not even immortals. For most of these activities, you will need to rise as a God and progress through the newly unlocked Divine Atlas. Players will need to complete the "New God" Storyline quest which becomes available at around 30,500 Prestige.

30.5k seems like a really long way from my measly 3k prestige. I am hoping prestige starts coming faster.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Alchemist is pretty sweet. Using reflexive shield on boss mechanic to end up doing hilarious damage is pretty great.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

So I just read the details on the grouping changes.

If you group up and click "launch", it will work the same way as before. You pick a difficulty, everyone gets in. There are no real restrictions to this system as it is, so this is fine.

The changes affect the queue feature. You can no longer pick a difficulty when you queue for something, and instead everything is set to 'normal'. There are no restrictions to the prestige of party members, be it in PvE or PvP. The only thing that matters is that you have that particular mission unlocked. Instead, the game looks at the highest prestige player, and buffs the stats of all other players to match. This means you can have someone at 20k prestige grouped with someone at 90k. Loot and poo poo is still tailored to each individual player's prestige.

Edit: The loot is based on the highest difficulty available to you.

Liberatore fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Jul 27, 2015

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

RottenK posted:

a fourth bar for invasions and an atlas for every single enemy type :eng101:

clearly in a few years we'll be progressing through an atlas in which every single node is, too, an atlas

And each node will have their own currency.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Vote yes for the Square. This one is a big build and is gonna take a bit.

'

It gives flat stat increases in exchange for mirrah drops for donations to the guild.

Wednesday we are kicking people who were in the previous screenshot that have not gained a single point of prestige. Still under the assumption that they have quit the game within the first week. When Wednesday rolls around and we do the kicks then you can expect to get into the guild then if you haven't made it in already.

Also I got the Steam Group info in the OP now and think it would be somewhat of a good idea to start getting that poo poo populated so we can organize better. You can launch the game with the steam overlay by adding it as a non steam game. I have been doing this for a while now for people that use the steam streaming thing to watch me play and check out the game without a download. Given how much guild chat loving sucks in this poo poo it might be better to use the steam group chat room or have someone set up an IRC. Who the gently caress knows.

Just build my loving Square. It costs a lot of construction points but it is probably one of the best buildings in the whole loving list of poo poo.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
go ahead and kick me out of the square

napoleon lost when invading russia but some how he left a short child behind and called it drinkfist

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

I just want to nom on Merrill
Is it possible and/or worthwhile (and not against the EULA) to scam pubbies into giving me all of their belongings and or fantasy gold? EVE has spoiled me, but I'm currently winning that so I might play this because it looks kind of interesting. But I want to be able to steal from pubbies. Also ChickenWing is here.

auzuguwu
Oct 30, 2011

Archimago posted:

Is it possible and/or worthwhile (and not against the EULA) to scam pubbies into giving me everything all of their belongings and or fantasy gold? EVE has spoiled me, but I'm currently winning that so I might play this because it looks kind of interesting. Also ChickenWing is here.

there is no trading but if you want to make people upset you can group queue for ffa pvp

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Liberatore posted:

You also get them from loot; Enough to unlock new classes, at least. I don't think most people have to respec often enough that running Dankit Island for 10 minutes when they need to do so would be an issue.

But I loot everything.. :(

I don't get it ugh.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Obscurity posted:

But I loot everything.. :(

I don't get it ugh.

On second thought, I believe you get them in place of class sparks once you cap those.

Heh

Edit: Or maybe you get them instead of ether cores? I don't loving know — I only loot non-boss mobs once I'm capped on credits.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.
As far as I know you get sparks of evolution by clearing quests in open zones you've already completed or in place of Sparks of Insight after you hit the cap. (I think you need to have premium active for that?) If you're playing enough each week to hit the cap and then some, you're going to end up with more than you need pretty fast, but if not I can see how it'd become a problem.

walruscat
Apr 27, 2013

Liberatore posted:

On second thought, I believe you get them in place of class sparks once you cap those.

Heh

Edit: Or maybe you get them instead of ether cores? I don't loving know — I only loot non-boss mobs once I'm capped on credits.

Why don't you loot them? Is there a reason not to or just :effort:?

auzuguwu
Oct 30, 2011

walruscat posted:

Why don't you loot them? Is there a reason not to or just :effort:?

you can extend your credit cap by using it on items that are more valuable, holy text is 500 towards credit cap but worth 1k credits for example

ether crystals turn into sparks of transformation when you have 4 amulet slots

auzuguwu fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Jul 28, 2015

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Oh yeah, I meant ether crystals.

And it's what auzuguwu said + :effort: I hate backtracking to get loot and this game actually rewards not doing so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Liberatore posted:

Oh yeah, I meant ether crystals.

So yeah basically if i want Sparks of Transformation I need to poopsock to cap early in the week. gently caress.

• Locked thread