Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roflfox
Jan 29, 2008

Your one and only, scorching laser light
TEAM RANKED gently caress YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

This is going to be amazing. #Splagoons gonna take the loving world by storm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Ranked Team games marks the beginning of ESpLatoon.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I will be accepting applications to my Ranked Squid Squad. Please submit a resume with at LEAST the following information:
Average K/D/A
Typical loadout and role
At least five (5) references from past gaming clans
Callie or Marie preference

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Zeruel posted:

Ranked Team games marks the beginning of ESpLatoon.

ESpalts

Azzents
Oct 19, 2010

"Quoting, like smoking, is a dirty habit to which I am devoted."

Saint Freak posted:

I will be accepting applications to my Ranked Squid Squad. Please submit a resume with at LEAST the following information:
Average K/D/A
Typical loadout and role

If liking Callie is cause for a decline then that isn't the kind of fresh world I want to be in. :colbert:

turtleluvr
Apr 19, 2015

"mhhr mmmrr mhhh mhhm"

Escobarbarian posted:

Slosher is not as good a name as Bloblobber :(

Bloblobber=best name ever. You should tweet nintendo about this.

Saint Freak posted:

Average K/D/A
Typical loadout and role

I find this loving hilarious.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Azzents posted:

If liking Callie is cause for a decline then that isn't the kind of fresh world I want to be in. :colbert:

I have bad news for you.

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

Barnyard Protein posted:

moray tower tip: run to the center as fast as possible, and ink up the slope in the top right, shoot ink up the wall, swim up and try to hold that ledge. Best case scenerio, you get there before snipers and prevent them from rooting there. Worst case, you take out a sniper that's already there and get yourself splatted too. The zapper 98 works well because of its high firing rate, the sprinkler sub lets you cover turf on the ledge while you refill and clean up.

After the first game where my team got completely locked down by two snipers on that map, I started rushing mid as fast as possible and it tends to work okay, especially if somebody else follows you. Sneaking up the walls and splatting snipers who aren't paying attention is pretty great.

edit:

Saint Freak posted:

Average K/D/A
Typical loadout and role

It's refreshing to see somebody taking this game seriously. I'll start gathering my refs for you.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

The devs did an interview with Famitsu where they said they focused on having a female lead because they thought it'd be better accepted overseas, interesting: http://nintendoeverything.com/splatoon-devs-on-inkling-girl-design-focus-squid-sisters-and-more/

The part about the sisters being shrine maidens is neat, considering some parts feel like they still are, like when they announce a Splatfest theme as given to them from the divine fax machine.

The Spatfest celebration itself feels like a jazzed up version of a holy day celebration.

Azzents
Oct 19, 2010

Viewtiful Jew posted:

The part about the sisters being shrine maidens is neat, considering some parts feel like they still are, like when they announce a Splatfest theme as given to them from the divine fax machine.

The Spatfest celebration itself feels like a jazzed up version of a holy day celebration.

Considering Inklings only care about fashion and turf wars it pretty much is like some holy holiday for them.

Saint Freak posted:

I have bad news for you.

I actually think they are both equally fresh and I like them both the same.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
I only accept Dynamo Roller players and Marie supporters on my esports kid squid team.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

dragon enthusiast posted:

I only accept Dynamo Roller players and Marie supporters on my esports kid squid team.

You are a squid of poor moral fiber.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Squids are carnivores, they have no use for fiber.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Callie and Marie are going to be the start of a Thirty Years Turf War

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

Lemming posted:

You are a squid of poor moral fiber.

Yeah, everyone knows the Krak-On Roller is better.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

The new weapons, matchmaking, level cap, and gear well start release on 8/05

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/625712283197546496/photo/1

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Pretty sweet shirt on woot today

http://www.woot.com/offers/paint-punishment-1

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

The bucket is gonna kick rear end

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
I was on Urchin Underpants recently, holding the middle area with my trusty nozzlenose. There were two enemies shooting ink to my area from the one-way entrance. We inked that area back and forth until I filled my special meter and killer wailed them to oblivion.

They repeated that error a second time before they learned.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

mabels big day posted:

The bucket is gonna kick rear end

I'm so ready. Now I want other mundane implements weaponized; let's see a garden hose, watering pail, spray bottle, etc.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Chill Penguin posted:

I'm so ready. Now I want other mundane implements weaponized; let's see a garden hose, watering pail, spray bottle, etc.

The squiffer is a spray bottle

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

I'm pretty surprised Urchin Underpass is the map they're redesigning and not loving Arowana Mall, the Dustbowl of Splatoon.

nerdbot fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Jul 27, 2015

Internet Friend
Jan 1, 2001

Lemming posted:

The squiffer is a spray bottle

And the Nozzlenose is a garden hose.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Chill Penguin posted:

If they do a garden hose there has to be like a 1 in 3 chance it'll just spray wildly and swing you about.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Household cleaner and water hose you say?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Yeah, Splatoon is already big on bricolage.

Azzents
Oct 19, 2010

Moray Towers needs a rework.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Snuffman posted:

I'd like that too, but it just wouldn't work because Gyro-controllers have all the advantages. Even the current 1v1 local isn't true PvP, you're popping as many balloons as possible.

I think it'd be fine because you can just choose not to use that feature. If you're willing to not use a gamepad/gyro controls, you can take two people online. If not, don't worry about it.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Wow I never realized what that thing was - that's the Splash-O-Matic right? The squiffer I knew, but what I mean is just like a handheld spraybottle. I guess it would behave like a shotgun?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Chill Penguin posted:

Wow I never realized what that thing was - that's the Splash-O-Matic right? The squiffer I knew, but what I mean is just like a handheld spraybottle. I guess it would behave like a shotgun?

The hose gun? No, that's the nozzlenose, which is a rifle that fires in bursts. decent range and accuracy, low rate of fire.

The Splash-o-matic is the pen/tattoogun combination thing.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Zaphod42 posted:

Household cleaner and water hose you say?

I've noticed every spray bottle with a gun shaft attached to it but I never caught that that was just a garden hose with a nozzle.

I'd still love just a straight up hose directly attached to the ink tank with crazy spread but no precision and poo poo damage.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Splatoon becoming squidsports
http://gonintendo.com/stories/239280-splatoon-to-allow-8-wii-u-consoles-to-connect-locally-via-intern

Azzents
Oct 19, 2010

A question for the more competitive goons; What would be the best abilities to have for shooter weapons for ranked? Would it just be Damage Up and Ink Saver Main?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Azzents posted:

A question for the more competitive goons; What would be the best abilities to have for shooter weapons for ranked? Would it just be Damage Up and Ink Saver Main?

this will depend on game mode and what gun/subs/special you're using

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Azzents posted:

Cold blooded

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Ink Saver Main will always be useful.

Azzents
Oct 19, 2010

dogsicle posted:

this will depend on game mode and what gun/subs/special you're using

I probably should've clarified. The N-Zap '89 is currently my weapon of choice and the Krak-On Roller/Octobrush as a backup.

As for game mode, ranked, so tower splat zone and tower control.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Azzents posted:

I probably should've clarified. The N-Zap '89 is currently my weapon of choice and the Krak-On Roller/Octobrush as a backup.

As for game mode, ranked, so tower splat zone and tower control.

well for starters, perks like Main Ink Saver, Ink Recovery, Swim Speed, Cold-Blooded, Haunt, Ink Resist, Tenacity, Recon, and Bomb Sniffer are pretty good across the board. depending how often you die, Quick Respawn, Stealth Jump, and Quick Jump are good abilities for both ranked modes.

NZap would benefit from bonuses like Special Charge, Damage Up*, Sub Ink Saver
Krakon Roller/Octobrush can put Ninja Squid to good use (i always pair it with Swim Speed), might want Defense Up* or Special Duration as well

*I know Defense/Damage Up have noticeable effects but don't like using them so I don't vouch for either very strongly.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I go quick respawn, stealth jump, and comeback. I die a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

Azzents posted:

I get tons of mileage out of ninja squid + stealth jump. Depends on map, mode and exactly what weapon I'm using tho.

• Locked thread