Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

Fat Lou posted:

the Tec-9 aims for you.

Not for me, it doesn't.

I whiff shots like crazy with it. It's the weirdest thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
If I'm on CT side and I have to buy a pistol do I always want the 5-7 over the P250?

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

prom candy posted:

If I'm on CT side and I have to buy a pistol do I always want the 5-7 over the P250?

It's more expensive. But I love the extra shots.

Usually I'll save the money and buy P250 though.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

If you're doing a force/half-buy with armor get a five-seven, if you just want a pistol to get a cheeky frag on an eco get the pee two fiddy

on T side a helmet + tec9 is a really good buy for rush strats or for working places with close angles (tuns on dust2 for instance)

dex_sda fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Jul 27, 2015

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I like to scroll fire my Tech and grab wild rear end headshots while running.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

verbal enema posted:

I like to scroll fire my Tech and grab wild rear end headshots while running.

Where do you aim with it? Slightly low? I seem to draw People-Shaped outlines around enemies with it.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

The Ferret King posted:

Where do you aim with it? Slightly low? I seem to draw People-Shaped outlines around enemies with it.

I always aim from their dick and up.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
I'll buy the p250 if I just want a 1 shot hs pistol to hold short angles, but if I'm actually going for any kind of forced pistol buy with a plan I'll try to get the 5/7- the bullets seem less random and you get so many more of them.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

The Ferret King posted:

It's a bit tricky, you have to press 3 and mash right-click while closing the distance; once you master it it works everytime.

DOG AT THE DOOR
Aug 29, 2007

bwha
Is there really much reason to buy a helmet if you're short on money/know the enemy team is full buying? Seeing as almost all primary rifles and many pistols are 1 hit headshot kills even with armor, it seems like a waste.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

The Ferret King posted:

... aim the Tec-9 ...

You're doing it wrong

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

DOG AT THE DOOR posted:

Is there really much reason to buy a helmet if you're short on money/know the enemy team is full buying? Seeing as almost all primary rifles and many pistols are 1 hit headshot kills even with armor, it seems like a waste.

Never buy a helmet. It is a waste of time and money.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

DOG AT THE DOOR posted:

The AK and SG are the only automatic rifles with 1hk potential. A helmet will save you from a dink against CT rifles at moderate ranges.

So if you're a CT you can skip the helmet if you know the Ts are full-bought and you're strapped for cash. You should still buy a helmet if you can afford it though because it'll still save you against pistols should it come to that.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

DOG AT THE DOOR posted:

Only T side rifles are 1 shot hs across all ranges, so you can get away with it easier if you're a CT, but dying to a single headshot when a hat could have saved you is really dumb and unnecessary, especially considering that all the 1shot hs pistols except the deag have reduced damage at range

what necco said

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
Buy a helmet vs CTs or if they saved things that don't one hit headshot

Don't buy a helmet against full AKs and AWPs or if you're super poor or something

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

DOG AT THE DOOR posted:

e: jesus christ how did I get beat by like 4 people

illezt
Mar 1, 2005

Necc0 posted:

The AK and SG are the only automatic rifles with 1hk potential. A helmet will save you from a dink against CT rifles at moderate ranges.

So if you're a CT you can skip the helmet if you know the Ts are full-bought and you're strapped for cash. You should still buy a helmet if you can afford it though because it'll still save you against pistols should it come to that.

I'm pretty sure neither the m4 or famas one shot, even at point blank. Isn't that part of the reason that everyone was crying about the CZ when it originally came out? That it was better to hold a close angle with a CZ than an m4?

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed

illezt posted:

I'm pretty sure neither the m4 or famas one shot, even at point blank. Isn't that part of the reason that everyone was crying about the CZ when it originally came out? That it was better to hold a close angle with a CZ than an m4?

You're just restating what he said friend!

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
If you're really good at timing when you duck you don't need a helmet.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
More questions: if you're running forwards and then need to shoot do you want to press backwards first? Does it work like counter strafing?

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^

symbolic posted:

I'm sorry you dislike the best map in the game.

Lol

ArfJason posted:

Playing casual for the million dollar ct mission.

Lol

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

prom candy posted:

More questions: if you're running forwards and then need to shoot do you want to press backwards first? Does it work like counter strafing?

yes, but I believe most people crouch. I start to strafe when Im caught by surprise and then counter strafe as normal.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Got a month of free premium on ESEA so I decided to give it a shot, just queued against mou and ANGE1 from HR and absolutely wiped the floor with them :feelsgood:

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Jeza posted:

Got a month of free premium on ESEA so I decided to give it a shot, just queued against mou and ANGE1 from HR and absolutely wiped the floor with them :feelsgood:

This, this is what I want in my life

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

everyone knows overpass is the worst map in the game

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why

Jeza posted:

nice. last time i queued into pros i outfragged tarik and jdm.

the HR players have some STUPID number of pugs played, too. like 10 a day or something.

The Blue Caboose
May 20, 2007

jeff gerstmann hates fun

The Ferret King posted:

its actually way more important to slow down your shots at moderate range with the tec9 than other pistols. while the p250 has more recoil, both it and the five seven are much more predictable than the tec9.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

I can count on one hand the number of times I've crouched in engagements because I read it was bad. When should I couch?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Google Butt posted:

I can count on one hand the number of times I've crouched in engagements because I read it was bad. When should I couch?
Usually after the 2nd or 3rd bullet depending on the gun.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Haven't played in my Main for a week cause of travels and poo poo, back then i wiped the floor with ppl. Now every goddamn eagle prefires straight into my head everytime gently caress this game

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

Google Butt posted:

I sometimes crouch with the glock or ak for tapping accuracy if im fighting from a pit to goose type distance. Makes a hell of a difference to the glock, tap tap tap.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"

Carol Pizzamom posted:

Buy a helmet vs CTs or if they saved things that don't one hit headshot

Don't buy a helmet against full AKs and AWPs or if you're super poor or something

This is dumb advice. Does your retarded rear end want to get glocked in the face? Because that's how you get glocked in the face.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Audax posted:

This is dumb advice. Does your retarded rear end want to get glocked in the face? Because that's how you get glocked in the face.

tbh i rarely ever glock people cause at that point i might as well throw gypsy cursed rubber bands at their face. when i notice i go low on ammo i take cover and reload the ak and i imagine most ppl do the same. glock is desperation time (i somehow managed to glock a guy from 100 health to 0 on a match today)

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Audax posted:

$350 > the low chance of that happening outside of enemy eco rounds

Gotta read the other teams econ better and anticipate saves/half buys.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

The only thing I've ever had happen that made me feel dumb on a CT side armor only buy is if one of Ts kept an M4 and shoots me in the face and makes me sad.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

no_funeral posted:

nice. last time i queued into pros i outfragged tarik and jdm.

the HR players have some STUPID number of pugs played, too. like 10 a day or something.

ESEA has been bribing the EU pros lately (probably because of the success of faceit). The pro division player with the most pug wins each month gets $5k and the top ten players a bit less than that ($20k total bribe money each month), so they have decent incentive to play pugs right now.

Edit: found a link: https://play.esea.net/index.php?s=news&d=comments&id=14652

Smol fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Jul 28, 2015

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

Smol posted:

ESEA has been bribing the EU pros lately (probably because of the success of faceit). The pro division player with the most pug wins each month gets $5k and the top ten players a bit less than that ($20k total bribe money each month), so they have decent incentive to play pugs right now.

Calling this a bride is ridiculous.

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why

Smol posted:

ya i know. before that basically zero eu pros played esea. most still don't.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

bpower posted:

Calling this a bride is ridiculous.

I agree, I wouldn't want to marry her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^
NihilumGaming
‏@NihilumGaming
Nihilum has decided to part ways with our CS:GO team and wish them nothing but the best. More on the subject: http://bit.ly/Nihilum-CSGO

everyone knew it was coming

• Locked thread