Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Hokuto Brother?
This poll is closed.
Kenshiro 35 38.46%
Toki 16 17.58%
Jagi 20 21.98%
Raoh 20 21.98%
Total: 91 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

In Training's method of getting drunk and watching Rebellion is the preferred viewing experience :cheers:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Twiddy posted:

Yeah that was always weird because while Madoka's great, it's all about the execution. Just really well put together and flows like water.

I actually saw multiple people act like the mere concept of a Faustian bargain was invented by Madoka and not used anywhere else before. :whitewater:

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

Davincie posted:

sayaka: the best around
I love Sayaka's maturation from "idealist who can't deal with the tragedy that nothing's going her way" to "super chill and cool." She took the main series as a good learning experience and came out the most well adjusted in the end.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I should probably watch Rebellion, sometime.

I have been in a Shinbo mood...

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I like madoka as a twist on magic girl cliches, but there's too many people who get really loving hype for it and claim it's the smartest thing ever

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

.jpg posted:

In Training's method of getting drunk and watching Rebellion is the preferred viewing experience :cheers:

:cheers:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

.jpg posted:

Sounds like a good plan for this weekend then :cheers:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i wish shinbo got to do cool action stuff more, instead of harem anime

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I never really connected w the Madoka cast but Shinbo's direction is cool.

That's my Madoka opinion ty for reading.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Endorph posted:

i wish shinbo got to do cool action stuff more, instead of harem anime

Me too, but he seems to genuinely love that crap so more power to him.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Srice posted:

I never really connected w the Madoka cast but Shinbo's direction is cool.

That's my Madoka opinion ty for reading.

Yeah,

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Namtab posted:

I like madoka as a twist on magic girl cliches, but there's too many people who get really loving hype for it and claim it's the smartest thing ever

Behold my 50 page thesis on the deconstruction of Madoka Magica.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

I made a thread about Kaiju, so Godzilla, Gamera and pals

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3733347

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

In Training posted:

Me too, but he seems to genuinely love that crap so more power to him.
im glad shinbo gets to do what he likes, i guess

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Insect Squad.....:(

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

Gatchaman will become the new Madoka and people are going to write a whole bunch of words about what it means to have your tits calling you a dumb bitch

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

.jpg posted:

Gatchaman will become the new Madoka and people are going to write a whole bunch of words about what it means to have your tits calling you a dumb bitch
it won't, because gatchaman isn't that popular

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Gatachman is too upbeat for anyone to obsessively write a million words about.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

GagagagATCHAMANNN!

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I'm going to write a million words about Ping Pong

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I'm going to write a million words about The Tatami Galaxy.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i am hype for the nendos

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Endorph posted:

it won't, because gatchaman isn't that popular

The amount of people posting on the thread now versus season 1 is way higher I think. It will never be massively popular like Madoka but it's growing.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

In Training posted:

The amount of people posting on the thread now versus season 1 is way higher I think. It will never be massively popular like Madoka but it's growing.
just like hajime's baps

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

littleorv posted:

I'm going to write a million words about The Tatami Galaxy.

So you're going to write down the dialogue? Heh.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

.jpg posted:

It means your baps are not very friendly

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Endorph posted:

just like hajime's baps

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

Gatachman is too upbeat for anyone to obsessively write a million words about.

There are already people in that thread writing a million words about social upheaval or something. The vaguely populist bent of the show is enough fodder for insane people to write about for 3 years but like Endorph said, people just don't know about it.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

In Training posted:

I thought that but it didn't even get in the top ten in Reddit /anime/. :(

https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/3eguft/results_summer_2015_what_are_you_watching_top/

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Crowds and Insight are cool and fun to watch without having to think too deeply about what it says about giving power to the masses or the cost of imprisoning an evil alien in your boobs, though you may think about such things if you like.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The first half of ep 4, of Katanagatari. Made me sad and mad.

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

why are there no figures of my wife hajime

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

The first half of ep 4, of Katanagatari. Made me sad and mad.
I love that episode.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

the show people should be writing paragraphs about is working

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

heres a start: yamada presents the idke rich and ojoo the neverending search for happiness for the middle aged man

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Budget Prefuse posted:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fangz posted:

I thought that but it didn't even get in the top ten in Reddit /anime/. :(

https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/3eguft/results_summer_2015_what_are_you_watching_top/

Huh, interesting. Maybe the small group of people like myself incessantly posting about it since Season 2 was announced for the summer on ADTRW exposed more people to it than is generally happening.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Budget Prefuse posted:

you havent even seen the show fucker

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Twiddy posted:

I love that episode.

I want to slay Nanami for her actions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Davincie posted:

the show people should be writing paragraphs about is working

I like it when Inami is cute around Takanashi. I hope the various romances go somewhere this season.

• Locked thread