Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Stealthgerbil posted:

I enabled public registration for now. Its at http://mernzb.merserver.com/register I still need to tweak the settings more and since I just set it up, there is not that much indexed.

Is this technically a goon project? I can't believe it, good work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

It was something I put up for my plex/usenet downloader setup to try to help me get better releases. I don't mind it being a goon project though.

serebralassazin
Feb 20, 2004
I wish I had something clever to say.
Thanks for opening this up. Not sure but I believe you have more categories than the last goonNZB project.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Thermopyle posted:

That reminded me that I used to have that problem like a year ago so I had set up a cronjob to restart sonarr once a day.

I totally forgot I was still doing that.

Its such a classic 'gently caress it" fix

Tantalus
Feb 11, 2004

I have it added to sonarr. I'll let you know how it goes.

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002
Signed up an added to Sonarr/CP

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg
Likewise, plus Mylar (when I use it, which is not often) and Headphones.

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Don't be sad that I am gone.
Signed up with Sonarr/CP. Do you plan on using SSL in the future?

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

Yes I am just bad and need to set it up.

Sneeze Party
Apr 26, 2002

These are, by far, the most brilliant photographs that I have ever seen, and you are a GOD AMONG MEN.
Toilet Rascal
Am I loving stupid? I can't seem to get SABnzbd to do anything. I've got a Newshosting.com account set up, and I've got Sick Beard installed, and I've got a couple of items queued up in Sickbeard, and SABnzbd has my Newshosting.com credentials, but nothing is happening. Can somebody point me to a good guide? I've looked at some, but I'm still not understanding what I'm doing wrong.

Tanbo
Nov 19, 2013

Well first of all, don't use Sickbeard, it's old and busted. Sonarr is the new hotness.

You'll have to be more specific as to what exactly isn't happening, and what you're doing, could be a million things as vague as you've been. Click status in the top left, any warnings or errors? Your connections to your server test okay?

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Feels like you don't have an NZB provider put in.

Decairn
Dec 1, 2007

http://www.htpcguides.com/ has a bunch of screenshot guides for setting up.

Sneeze Party
Apr 26, 2002

These are, by far, the most brilliant photographs that I have ever seen, and you are a GOD AMONG MEN.
Toilet Rascal
Alright, I'll try to get more specific.

I've abandoned Sickbeard and installed Sonarr. I've got SABnzbd running, and Sonarr is setup to use it with SAB's API key. The test works out fine. I've got SAB's 'Server' config pointed to unlimited.newshosting.com with my login credentials, which also shows a successful test. Next, I have Sonarr setup to look for what I want it to look for.

Now, nothing happens. Sonarr shows two messages: No download client is available, and no indexers are enabled. For fun, I also setup Sonarr to be aware of Deluge, and added a torrent indexer.

Edit: I think I'm stupid. I exited Sonarr, relaunched, and the errors went away. Now it's attempting to index... and it seems to be working.

Thanks for the tip to use Sonarr instead of Sickbeard.

Sneeze Party fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Jul 26, 2015

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah it's pretty great, and it's fun to use a system that automatically downloads updates and you spot new features as you use it.

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Does anyone know why exactly Sickbeard died? I never saw any sort of drama or people raging out to make their own fork like ffmpeg had. It just seemed to sputter out of steam. Why didn't they add more developers in? Sickrage seems to be the "official" fork and proves there was interest in continuing it.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

YouTuber posted:

Does anyone know why exactly Sickbeard died? I never saw any sort of drama or people raging out to make their own fork like ffmpeg had. It just seemed to sputter out of steam. Why didn't they add more developers in? Sickrage seems to be the "official" fork and proves there was interest in continuing it.

Well I don't think the developers were making any money, or very little if they were. Devs tend to get burned out when they are constantly having to work on software for no reward. Awful (Android app) and SALR are both good examples of that.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe
It still functioned the last time I tried it, the development just seemed to tail off.

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002
Anyone know why sonarr +sabnzbd downloads wont show up as recently modified/added when sorting by date?
The local air/UTD date option is the only setting I can see that relates to it, no difference.

Stuff I add to sabnzbd manually shows up just fine.

I'm having to look at the downloaded cue/history to see what new as opposed to just being able to sort.

inpheaux
Jul 12, 2001

The Gunslinger posted:

It still functioned the last time I tried it, the development just seemed to tail off.
Yeah, there's nothing really wrong with it, it does everything it says on the box, the only things that are really clearly crappy about SB is that it's not the easiest thing in the world to set up from scratch and that it depends on TVDB which is still prone to being retarded.

Personally I'm going to continue using Sickbeard regardless of development activity because as far as my needs go it's very mature software, I don't *need* it to do anything other than what it already does perfectly fine.

While for a long time it may have appeared SABnzbd would be in the same boat, we've had a ton of movement lately on the dev branch and should be gearing up for a full 0.8 release sometime soon. We've got a new default theme (Glitter, originally from our forums), better server priority management, and a bunch of other stuff that we've had waiting in the dev branch for years. No ETA yet, but it shouldn't be too far off.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Where did you disappear to for the last 16 months :raise:

inpheaux
Jul 12, 2001

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Where did you disappear to for the last 16 months :raise:

Work. Haven't had a lot to say about usenet because everything keeps on trucking along for me with no problems.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

inpheaux posted:

Personally I'm going to continue using Sickbeard regardless of development activity because as far as my needs go it's very mature software, I don't *need* it to do anything other than what it already does perfectly fine.

I've been using sickbeard for at least 4+ years now and I'm in the same boat. It grabs everything I ask it to and works just fine for what I need it to do.

Tanbo
Nov 19, 2013

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Sonarr is just easier to setup, and prettier for the WAF. Also handles failed downloads a lot better which was an issue for me since I was trying to backfill a lot of stuff when I first set it up.

n0n0 posted:

Alright, I'll try to get more specific.

I've abandoned Sickbeard and installed Sonarr. I've got SABnzbd running, and Sonarr is setup to use it with SAB's API key. The test works out fine. I've got SAB's 'Server' config pointed to unlimited.newshosting.com with my login credentials, which also shows a successful test. Next, I have Sonarr setup to look for what I want it to look for.

Now, nothing happens. Sonarr shows two messages: No download client is available, and no indexers are enabled. For fun, I also setup Sonarr to be aware of Deluge, and added a torrent indexer.

Edit: I think I'm stupid. I exited Sonarr, relaunched, and the errors went away. Now it's attempting to index... and it seems to be working.

Thanks for the tip to use Sonarr instead of Sickbeard.

You can try out Couchpotato for the movies side now that you have that working. Also NZB360 is an android app that lets you control and work with sab, sonarr, and CP (and nzbget, a sab alternative). It's best feature is being able to browse a mobile friendly version of your indexers from your phone and either send movies straight to sab, or to CP. I prefer CP because it will tell you if you have a movie already, and my SO likes to look through the movies as well and sending to CP will let it find the best copies, instead of the gigantic 3d version, or screeners, mobile versions, etc that she happens to see and doesn't recognize what it means.

Tanbo fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Jul 27, 2015

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Sickbeard works fine as it is, and to do the other things everyone wants it to do would require some major rehauling of the code.

Everyone who works on it has been working on it for years and don't want to do that much work anymore.

It's a pretty common story in open source. You just don't hear about it as much because it's not too interesting compared to all the devs blowing up.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
I rebuilt my home server this last weekend and I'm trying Sonarr+NZBget instead of SB+SAB like I used to use. So far I don't really see a difference between NZBget and SAB other than the fact that the third-party ecosystem is less mature, so I'll probably be switching back to SAB (apparently when 0.8 comes out). NZBget's lighter weight probably matters for those running this on a NAS or similar limited environment, but since my file server has a lot more CPU than it needs the overhead of Python for SAB is worth it for the fact that I can comfortably fiddle with it if I stumble on a bug.

Sonarr certainly has a better UI than Sickbeard and its use of the RSS feed for new content monitoring is certainly a better way to do things, but from a backfilling standpoint it's not as simple to use. I have a lot of gaps in my collection that I'd like to fill so this is more of a 50/50 on whether I stick with it or go back.

wolrah fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Jul 27, 2015

Fart of Presto
Feb 9, 2001
Clapping Larry
Okay, this might be a stupid question, but can anyone tell me what SAB in SABnzbd stands for?

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Fun Shoe

wolrah posted:

Sonarr certainly has a better UI than Sickbeard and its use of the RSS feed for new content monitoring is certainly a better way to do things, but from a backfilling standpoint it's not as simple to use. I have a lot of gaps in my collection that I'd like to fill so this is more of a 50/50 on whether I stick with it or go back.

I stuck with Sonarr for the well implemented failed download handling, better UI and more active development, they've added a lot of features like torrent support, anime, backups, kept up with notification/metadata services and etc. For backfilling you can set any season to monitored then just have it hunt for everything in monitored with one click in the Wanted tab. It's a bit weird coming from Sickbeard though.

nzbget vs SAB was more about completion issues for me, I was getting a lot of failures in SAB that were fine in nzbget, possibly due to its backup server implementation. Supposedly this changes in 0.8 SAB but I'm pretty comfortable with nzbget now so I probably won't switch back unless I need to.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Fart of Presto posted:

Okay, this might be a stupid question, but can anyone tell me what SAB in SABnzbd stands for?
tdian never said publicly IIRC. Most popular guess is _____ automatic/automated binary NZB daemon.

The Gunslinger posted:

For backfilling you can set any season to monitored then just have it hunt for everything in monitored with one click in the Wanted tab. It's a bit weird coming from Sickbeard though.
For me the problem is when I want to just search for a certain show or only a certain season of that show. In Sickbeard it was easy to select missing episodes and set them wanted, which automatically triggered a search just for those episodes. The only bulk search features I've seen in Sonarr search for entire seasons or series including attempting to upgrade episodes I already have, wasting time and possibly disk space in the usual case that I'm happy with what's there. I'm also not exactly pleased about having to keep an entire runtime environment (Mono) around for a single program.

I am probably going to stick with it for the failure handling and XEM support. The disagreements between TVDB and the "Scene" are always a pain in the rear end.

quote:

nzbget vs SAB was more about completion issues for me, I was getting a lot of failures in SAB that were fine in nzbget, possibly due to its backup server implementation. Supposedly this changes in 0.8 SAB but I'm pretty comfortable with nzbget now so I probably won't switch back unless I need to.
I don't use backup servers at the moment so that might be why I'm not seeing any significant difference. I do really like the health display on downloads though, it's nice to see clearly (rather than having to infer through the ETA going through the roof) whether a sudden drop in download speed is due to just random internet behavior or hitting a section of deleted articles. I'm still all about the browser plugins with this one though, so we'll see how the nzbget extensions develop by the time SAB 0.8 is released.

edit:

Waffle Conspiracy posted:

In sonar there is a missing episodes page which will list all the missing episodes and let you choose which ones to search for.
That page would be more useful if it was filterable in any way. With over 150 shows in my collection my "missing" list is over 1000 pages long. It technically works but Sickbeard's nice list with collapsible series sections and select/deselect all buttons is a lot better to use.

wolrah fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Jul 27, 2015

Waffle Conspiracy
May 21, 2002

Jane Goodall watches me pee!

In sonar there is a missing episodes page which will list all the missing episodes and let you choose which ones to search for.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Fun Shoe

quote:

For me the problem is when I want to just search for a certain show or only a certain season of that show. In Sickbeard it was easy to select missing episodes and set them wanted, which automatically triggered a search just for those episodes. The only bulk search features I've seen in Sonarr search for entire seasons or series including attempting to upgrade episodes I already have, wasting time and possibly disk space in the usual case that I'm happy with what's there.

Just go into the show and click the search icon next to the episode or season if you want to do it individually. To toggle things wanted or not click the dumb flag icon which they really need to change. Things upgrade based on your quality profiles and show quality setting. I've gotten hit by that a few times when I forget that HD - All will upgrade to Bluray later for example. Its definitely a bit more cumbersome than Sickbeard but I've had the same thing happen to me there.

quote:

Yes, click Wanted->Missing. Anything that is set to Monitored but isn't present on disk will be listed there. You can search them individually, batch or etc. You can also do the same thing by just clicking on the show or season from the home screen.

Everything shouldn't be set to Monitored by the way, if you already have all of a particular show, don't want it upgraded and only want to grab the upcoming episodes then when you add it select Latest Season. Otherwise Missing will be bloated up by a ton of stuff and you might grab things you already have by accident.

The Gunslinger fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Jul 27, 2015

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
I've been using Sonarr for weeks and I'm still not sure which flag means monitored and which means unmonitored.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

That never goes away.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

You'd think they could have at least put in a hover tooltip, but nope, just guess and hope you're right.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Fun Shoe
Black is monitored, white is unmonitored but yeah its pretty dumb.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I wish Blocknews would email me before I hit my cap. not fun trying to get stuff after takedowns afterwards.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.
Has anyone tried SAB/Sick/Sonarr/NZBget on Windows 10 yet? I have no compelling reason to upgrade, and my SAB/Sick combo has been working flawlessly for months. But the temptation is great.

Oh, and if it's not known, it looks like dog is in open registration. I noticed when I went to get an invite for a buddy.

Senturion
Jul 29, 2013

porktree posted:

Oh, and if it's not known, it looks like dog is in open registration. I noticed when I went to get an invite for a buddy.
Yeah, it went to a trial with a $10 signup fee at the end of the trial. Though after using it, it seems to more than deserve that.

Tapedump
Aug 31, 2007
College Slice
I'm not getting it, should it be at http://dognzb.cr/register ? I'm doing it from a fresh-to-Dog browser.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

nzb360 (good android app) is now free since they froze the dudes paypal account. Its kind of a pain to update outside the play ecosystem but oh well.

https://www.reddit.com/r/usenet/comments/3ezpyc/nzb_360_pro_is_now_free_indefinitely/