Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I think you're forgetting Roxy, who said she'd give that ring to the person she would marry. Anyway, I call Nannasprite for the excellent reason that she's the only old person, but the tail is gonna be a bitch. An actual Homestuck-related question: Do we know if Kanaya is still walking around with Eridan's wand-wound through her abdomen, or is the sash just a fashion statement?

It's like in Death Becomes Her, probably.

Edit: VVVVV What's your quirk?

Beepity Boop fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Jul 27, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
I'm my fantroll, "Fuuuck Allayu"

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

I can't decide if it's a good idea or bad idea to call dibs on Vriska, so I'll call dibs on the superior scourge sister, Terezi.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

i made a fan troll in hit mmo City of Heroes to play as with a friend who did the same and two months later they announced they were shutting down the game and fired the entire development team

not a coincidence

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off

Tenebrais posted:

We also had Paradox Space during the gigapause so there was actual content to discuss.

I'm betting they're gonna revv PXS back up for this pause, though, so maybe we will still have content to discuss after all.

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

What a gorgeous flash

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

I was not emotionally prepared for that update.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
I was not expecting a flash update, let alone a really goddamned good one, to send us off into the Omegapause

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
It's nice that the two horrific gently caress up versions of Vriska and Terezi get to be friends again. :v:

It's nice to see the real versions of the characters actually get to do something in general really, and see the originals get some kind of absolution for their sins, I guess.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Welp.

That was a good update

So whatcha gonna do with that memory Terezi?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

drat. I... I never realized how many sad stories were floating through the furthest ring. What really hit me was John, on his quest bed, when all of the various deaths were floating by in little squares. That was the alpha John, the one who followed the script laid out by paradox space perfectly. He just wasn't his dream self. That means that there aren't just 11 other sad ghosts for every dead troll, or 3 for every dead human. That means that there is yet another lost soul for every god tier player. I wonder what that's like, having to piece together what you did wrong. Even worse, how does it feel finding out that you did something right when you should have mucked it up? How can Hussie make death seem so meaningless, and still make every one tragic?

At least they can find some semblance of closure in the afterlife. I was even happy for god drat Eridan.

Man. :( gently caress you, Lord English.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Ariong posted:

Man. :( gently caress you, Lord English.

I say, let's kill him

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
Actually thinking on it, the Eridan/Equuis etc troll deaths don't really make sense since they should've been sprited (and the sprites didn't seem to have memories of meeting each other as ghosts in Equuis/Nepeta's case at least) so i gues sthese must be YET MORE alternate timeline selves.

I think this update, at least for me, confirms that just and Time and Space are dual aspects, Heart and Mind are too.

Regy Rusty posted:

I say, let's kill him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxVbO3fTNDg

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
dang

pretty good update

terezi could use a good therapist :smith:

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Prison Warden posted:

Actually thinking on it, the Eridan/Equuis etc troll deaths don't really make sense since they should've been sprited (and the sprites didn't seem to have memories of meeting each other as ghosts in Equuis/Nepeta's case at least) so i gues sthese must be YET MORE alternate timeline selves.

I think this update, at least for me, confirms that just and Time and Space are dual aspects, Heart and Mind are too.

Or this is pre-sprite dead ghost selves.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
shut up i'm not crying your're crying

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

Tunicate posted:

Or this is pre-sprite dead ghost selves.

Actually thinking on it, the Eridan/Equuis etc troll deaths don't really make sense since they should've been sprited (and the sprites didn't seem to have memories of meeting each other as ghosts in Equuis/Nepeta's case at least) so i guess these must be YET MORE alternate timeline selves.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

REAL DUSTY IN THIS ROOM YOU GUYS.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
The real shocker was seeing pre-ascension John sit up from his quest bed. That means that all the bodies of everyone who went God Tier are also ghosts somewhere in the furthest ring.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Plom Bar posted:

I love Terezi always. Always. Sob. At least now she can remember GAME OVER and how badass she was.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

Plom Bar posted:

The real shocker was seeing pre-ascension John sit up from his quest bed. That means that all the bodies of everyone who went God Tier are also ghosts somewhere in the furthest ring.

Aside from the ones who used the Derse/Prospit beds I guess maybe?

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Souls can first appear in the dreambubbles a whole fuckload later than when they died compared to everyone else involved. Meenah was the last pre-scratch troll to show up, and millions of years passed for the other ones before her showing up.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Plom Bar posted:

Except maybe for the secondary beds since those use their own bodies

E: oh I got beat

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Plom Bar posted:

theres jsut something in my loving eye, gently caress off

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
I just got dumped in much the same manner as (Vriska).

This hurt.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Akett posted:

Souls can first appear in the dreambubbles a whole fuckload later than when they died compared to everyone else involved. Meenah was the last pre-scratch troll to show up, and millions of years passed for the other ones before her showing up.

There isn't really a concept of "later" at all in there. Millions of years can pass for someone while you cross a room. Millions of years could have passed when you enter the room and not passed for them when you leave it. Time isn't tied to anything.

I wonder if the sprites bring through the departed soul at all. After all, old Nanna wasn't in the dream bubbles, and she became a sprite. On the other hand, Jadesprite distinctly remembered being among them, but she might just have inherited the real soul's memories. Which might then mean the Jade floating around with the ears isn't really Jade at all, but a big built-up game construct.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

That was like the soul tang scene from End of Evangelion except really, really good.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
oof, right in the feel(ing)s

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i love this stupid goddamn comic

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

ikanreed posted:

This hurt.

Well, there's no way you can be as big a loser as (Vriska), for one thing, she's dead! So feel better.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Kid Vriska and Terezi are adorable.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

ikanreed posted:

This hurt.

By someone several years older than you for a slightly older alternate version of yourself who isn't a big lameo?

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Tenebrais posted:

There isn't really a concept of "later" at all in there. Millions of years can pass for someone while you cross a room. Millions of years could have passed when you enter the room and not passed for them when you leave it. Time isn't tied to anything.

There kind of is a later, seeing as the ghosts notice a passage of time enough for the pre-scratch trolls to realize it's been a long loving while since they've seen Meenah. poo poo's crazy, but there's still passage of time. Hell, since LE started popping bubbles things have gotten more stable for everyone involved because there's enough information now to make a map with and Dead Calliope was talking about space and time being closely linked to each other out there.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Terezi owns.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

I can't believe we got a satisfying resolution for (Vriska) and Game Over Terezi that actually honours both their original arcs in a really moving and sweet and sad way. Hussie rolls slow, but he rolls true.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

Akett posted:

There kind of is a later, seeing as the ghosts notice a passage of time enough for the pre-scratch trolls to realize it's been a long loving while since they've seen Meenah. poo poo's crazy, but there's still passage of time. Hell, since LE started popping bubbles things have gotten more stable for everyone involved because there's enough information now to make a map with and Dead Calliope was talking about space and time being closely linked to each other out there.

I think Calliope explained that there is only the passage of time to a person because a person comes in with their own preconceptions of things like time and location. So you, personally might feel millions of years pass, and if you are standing talking to someone you are both in sync with each other, but if I go to bed and then come around to your house again tomorrow, it may only be a few hours for me, but it could have been a few minutes to a few centuries for you, and our houses might now be several thousand miles apart.

I think the passage of time in the furthest ring is only consistent in that it doesn't ever seem to go backwards.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Android Blues posted:

I can't believe we got a satisfying resolution for (Vriska) and Game Over Terezi that actually honours both their original arcs in a really moving and sweet and sad way. Hussie rolls slow, but he rolls true.

i think whats really loving me up is that for all the pain and bullshit theyve inflicted on each other over the years, the basic nature of their relationship is that they complete each other. vriska spent the whole of act 5 practically begging terezi for forgiveness, in her own awful way, and terezi spent the whole act fighting with herself not to let vriska back in. terezi spent all of act 6 prior to game over tearing herself apart, letting herself get beaten down. and now she has someone who makes her feel stronger and more confident in herself. and given the overall tone of the flash, theres zero reason to not assume that vriska doesnt feel similarly.

what a perfect note to leave on for the hiatus. ive never been more confident in the story's direction.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

paranoid randroid posted:

what a perfect note to leave on for the hiatus. ive never been more confident in the story's direction.

I was about to post something similar, but this pretty much covers it. I didn't expect we'd leave off with something like this, but I love it. I also didn't expect Do You Remem8er Me to be used in a flash.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

If you want to see the stills, Ikimaru is putting up her contributions at http://ikimaru.tumblr.com/ . I think she really stretched for these; the faces are much less cute and less stylized than her (charming) usual.

E: So at this point, John, Roxy, Rose+++sprite, Dave+++sprite, Terezi, and possibly Dirk remember the whole GAME OVER timeline, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Yeah at this point I have confidence that Hussie will be able to lead us to a satisfying conclusion.