Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Hokuto Brother?
This poll is closed.
Kenshiro 35 38.46%
Toki 16 17.58%
Jagi 20 21.98%
Raoh 20 21.98%
Total: 91 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
:nws:
https://s.vndb.org/sf/39/73739.jpg

I dunno, guys. this looks pretty great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

boom boom boom posted:

The descriptiion of that game makes it sound like the guy only gets hosed by a dog if you tell him to get hosed by a dog.

So you could play through the game and just not click the "go get hosed by a dog" dialogue option, and it's fine.

Hmm.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Budget Prefuse posted:

majikoi has fantastic voice acting. the girl who has a pretend horse friend is hilarious

The whole cast is amazing

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Budget Prefuse posted:

majikoi has fantastic voice acting. the girl who has a pretend horse friend is hilarious
i like that lelouch's va shows up for like one scene for no apparent reason

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

boom boom boom posted:

The descriptiion of that game makes it sound like the guy only gets hosed by a dog if you tell him to get hosed by a dog.

So you could play through the game and just not click the "go get hosed by a dog" dialogue option, and it's fine.

Even if that's true, having a "get hosed by dog" choice reflects poorly on the vn.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

majikoi has such a good cast that it can just toss in lelouch voicing a combat robot as a throwaway gag

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

boom boom boom posted:

:nws:
https://s.vndb.org/sf/39/73739.jpg

I dunno, guys. this looks pretty great

look if you talk about dog loving first and then link a nws image nobody is going to click that

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Davincie posted:

look if you talk about dog loving first and then link a nws image nobody is going to click that

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

when i google majikoi i get a picture of a chick being spanked

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Droyer posted:

Even if that's true, having a "get hosed by dog" choice reflects poorly on the vn.

It's like how MGS2 has a bunch of recorded dialogue for if you shoot a sea gull. The vast majoirty of players are never gonna hear that, because they wouldn't choose to shoot a gull and then call their girlfriend. But the games respects player choice.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

boom boom boom posted:

It's like how MGS2 has a bunch of recorded dialogue for if you shoot a sea gull. The vast majoirty of players are never gonna hear that, because they wouldn't choose to shoot a gull and then call their girlfriend. But the games respects player choice.
are you trolling

be honest

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Davincie posted:

It's just a guy with an incredibly pixelated penis.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

As I said, the only thing stopping me from making a VN thread is I don't trust goons not to talk about sex games

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

i can hear the horse's voice in my head even now...

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

boom boom boom posted:

Shooting a seagull and bestial rape are not equivalent.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Namtab posted:

As I said, the only thing stopping me from making a VN thread is I don't trust goons not to talk about sex games

Budget Prefuse posted:

i can hear the horse's voice in my head even now...

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

My favorite majikoi side character is the monkey lookin dude who just wants to chill and also jerk off

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i have the nature of being turned on by hermit crabs - yamato naoe, majikoi

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Namtab posted:

There's a VN thread in Games anyway, so it'd be redundant.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Namtab posted:

There's an all-ages VN thread in games, I don't think anyone has posted in it in like a month though.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Strange Quark posted:

There's a VN thread in Games anyway, so it'd be redundant.

I wouldn't know, because I don't post in games

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Lot of people outing themselves as Games posters atm

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I posted in Games once. They got really mad at for me saying I was having some problems with Steam.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i would play the snafu vn but it will never be translated

you marry the hot teacher in the prologue ftw

Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009
Personally I think it's great that VNs are gaining some traction through kickstarter. When it was announced Muv-Luv was getting a kickstarter, I got way more excited than a nerd should, probably.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

boom boom boom posted:

I posted in Games once. They got really mad at for me saying I was having some problems with Steam.

you were being retarded mate

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Davincie posted:

i would play the snafu vn but it will never be translated

you marry the hot teacher in the prologue ftw

Why would anyone play past the prologue then.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I like games so I post in the forum for them.

I might be the only person in games who does actually like them though

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Davincie posted:

you were being retarded mate

Anyone who posts in games is probably developmentally disabled, imho

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

I like games so I post in the forum for them.

I might be the only person in games who does actually like them though
i also, like video games

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Namtab posted:

Anyone who posts in games is probably developmentally disabled, imho

Vita thread is good

Zandracon
Oct 21, 2010

Endorph posted:

majikoi has such a good cast that it can just toss in lelouch voicing a combat robot as a throwaway gag

cookie is an incredibly important character in majikoi, please don't go understating his importance to the plot

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Endorph posted:

i also, like video games

:hf:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Endorph posted:

i also, like video games

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Endorph posted:

i also, like video games

I dont believe you

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Endorph posted:

i also, like video games

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Huh, there's something I haven't thought about in years. Honestly thought Majikoi would never get finished.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm sure there's a better high fiving smilie than that but never mind.

• Locked thread